PDA

View Full Version : Ability Score of 110

Pages : 1 [2]

Crow
2010-02-17, 12:03 AM
Plus the massive Profession bonuses mean an internship is good enough to let you be perfect at any job ever. And earn 50 GP a week.

But I have no clue how much that is in real dollars.

Well 50gp is a pound of gold, so just go to a commodities exchange web site and see what gold is fetching per ounce.

Swok
2010-02-17, 12:35 AM
Where does it say autohypnosis can grant temporary HP? I'm mostly just curious where it is, because it's not in the SRD entry for autohypnosis.

olentu
2010-02-17, 01:39 AM
Where does it say autohypnosis can grant temporary HP? I'm mostly just curious where it is, because it's not in the SRD entry for autohypnosis.

It comes from the epic level handbook as I recall so probably in the epic skills section.

PhoenixRivers
2010-02-17, 02:50 AM

Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#autohypnosis).

Hope it helps.

Loki Eremes
2010-04-18, 11:48 PM
STR!!!!
HULK SMAASH!!!!! :thog:

not seriously....
INT & DEX are my first ones.

DEX: guys like spiderman would be Clumsy next to you,
dodging bullets? you could probably shoot it yourself then dodge it xD
Flash wont never win initiative against you xD
(sry for all that Superheroes analogies)

INT: probably the best of the best... that stat would be the replacement for all others. With enough int you could be probably the richest man in the world, and with that in mind, you could then have your own material to work to enhance al the other stats..... CON, STR, DEX...even inmortality... Child's play for someone with that brain. WIS will be greater with the pass of the years, and so CHA

Malificus
2010-04-19, 12:01 AM
I like the idea of taking wisdom. I feel comfortable enough in my other stats too.

Plus cooking is a profession skill. I could eat like a king.

Well 50gp is a pound of gold, so just go to a commodities exchange web site and see what gold is fetching per ounce.

A (normal) pound of gold apparently goes for about $16559.37

And you should probably ignore the ounce price, as gold uses troy ounces, which are heavier (but troy pounds are lighter than regular pounds as they're only 12 troy ounces).

The Cat Goddess
2010-04-19, 12:45 AM
Any measured stat in D&D?

DR 100/- would be interesting...

Temotei
2010-04-19, 12:49 AM
Ability score choices in order: Charisma, Wisdom, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength.

Shalist
2010-04-19, 01:17 AM
Having one good ability score doesn't mean having penalties elsewhere--that is, you can have 110 int and still have 14 cha/wis/etc, which would be on par with your average celebritiy/judge/etc. Even vanilla 10 would be plenty to get by, really.

I'd go for intelligence. You could just invent stuff that made you stronger or faster (something to slow time down, or a personal force field, for bullet dodging), or gizmos that let you live forever, read minds, pills that increase your confidence (*cough*) and charisma, etc. To say nothing of all the wealth, power, prestige, and general warm fuzzy feeling at 'fixing' everything and leading your species into a new era of awesomeness.

Charisma would be my second bet...with enough charisma, you'd practically be worshiped as a god, like that guy from Code Geass (on his good days). You could get everyone to set aside their differences pretty easily, and you could get anything you want, period. Need a cure for cancer, or death? I'm sure a few hundred, or thousand, or million of the wealthiest or most intelligent people in the world, all putting their heads together and motivated by their fanatical devotion to the singular task you assigned them, could figure something out.

taltamir
2010-04-19, 04:18 AM
You have this odd attitude that replicating existing effects is useless. With +100 modifier, one can replicate the effects to such extent it defies description. Yes, you can get a remotely accurate weather forecast from the net... it's a bit different if you know perfectly what the weather's gonna be, always. +100 wisdom effectively gives Clairsentience, and if you can't think of ways to make money with that, you aren't thinking.

I have this correct attitude that replicating existing effects is useless because replicating existing effects is useless!

You get to choose between emulating a 10$ device or curing every diseases ever, creating AI, genetically engineering yourself / cybernetically augmenting yourself to be perfect... or being immortal, or being the best athlete the world has ever seen and ever will.
There is a reason why the soul knife and eschew materials feats are considered ridiculously underpowered... both are replicated by a 5gp item.

Bottom line is, if an ability is replicated by a device that is readily available and costs a few dollars then the ability is worth only a few dollars. If getting to choose between "be a god" and "replicate a device worth a few dollars"... the replication of a few dollars worth of equipment is not even worth mentioning.

I'd do Wisdom. Not so much for the Spot/Listen/Autohypnosis/Sense Motive/Profession/Survival bonuses (although those are all great too), but more just because then I'd never make a stupid decision based on being weak-willed again.

No more procrastination ... now that's what I call a life-changing boost.

Having uncanny levels of intuition (e.g. when to get my car looked at, when to tell a friend to go to the doctor instead of just waiting for a sickness to pass) doesn't hurt either. Not to mention religious/philosophical advantages.

Yeah. Being Wise sounds even better -- by a small margin -- than all those skill points that 110 Intelligence would grant (if you managed to level up after you got the INT boost). Oh, and it's also got the advantage of being easier to conceal from media attention than most of the other options. (CON and DEX might be more subtle.)

Those are some very good reasons to go with wisdom.

Deca
2010-04-19, 05:20 AM
I'll probably take Dex. Then you'd pretty much be the Uber Ninja, able to fly, turn invisible and become nigh unhittable.

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-19, 07:04 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Wisdom because it helps me spot thread necromancy

STR!!!!
HULK SMAASH!!!!! :thog:

not seriously....
INT & DEX are my first ones.

DEX: guys like spiderman would be Clumsy next to you,
dodging bullets? you could probably shoot it yourself then dodge it xD
Flash wont never win initiative against you xD
(sry for all that Superheroes analogies)

INT: probably the best of the best... that stat would be the replacement for all others. With enough int you could be probably the richest man in the world, and with that in mind, you could then have your own material to work to enhance al the other stats..... CON, STR, DEX...even inmortality... Child's play for someone with that brain. WIS will be greater with the pass of the years, and so CHA