PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 84: Mattos & Shooty McElf vs. Syberphyst & Bobhorst

ArenaManager
2010-02-12, 11:08 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 84: Mattos & Shooty McElf vs. Syberphyst & Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild

Map:
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/ffa03-trenches.png

XP Award: 300 XP to each non-DQd member of winning team
GP Award: 300 GP to each non-DQd member of winning team

Mattos (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=8042) - Lord Mattos
Shooty McElf (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184783) - thefurmonger
Syberphyst (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=4166) - RandomAction
Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=180623) - TheFallenOne

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare any final purchases

Prior to the match start you may privately plan by spoiler or PM with your partner, but after the start any communications will need to be done in character inside the arena as rules allow.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-12, 11:22 PM
Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild color-coded for YOUR convenience!

Initiative: [roll0]

Still thinking about purchases, it's actually 5 o clock in the morning here

@Ref, my team
What kind of action is it to
1) place a ladder against a wall
2) climb it?
Might be irrelevant since as I see it we both can make the climb check with take 10 anyway

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-12, 11:29 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
no purchases, reserve right to make reactionary puchases (or whatever it is)

TheFallenOne
2010-02-12, 11:31 PM
*blinks* Am I really that tired or did the Diceroller just give you a zero on that d20?

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-12, 11:32 PM
Dang.
@Shooty
Discuss our strategy?

No it gave me a 5. I mean really, the guy with the -1 init modifier gets a 20, guy with +5 mod gets a 5 :smallannoyed:

Sallera
2010-02-12, 11:33 PM
That's a rollv. The 5 is the result of the d20, the total is in the parentheses.

Bobhorst:It's a move action for each. Keep in mind that you can't take 10 in the Arena unless you have a skill-mastery-ish ability.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-12, 11:35 PM
Question, I'm new to the forums, subsribing to a thread tells you when a new post has been made, correct?

@refs
Since the other team cannot see me, anything I do (moving, etc.) I put into a spoiler, right?

TheFallenOne
2010-02-12, 11:42 PM
Dang.
@Shooty
Discuss our strategy?

No it gave me a 5. I mean really, the guy with the -1 init modifier gets a 20, guy with +5 mod gets a 5 :smallannoyed:

Hey, chances are there will the situations where I could use a nat20 way more :smallyuk:

Oh, and I just noticed that quoting your post let's me see the spoiler, sorry. I'll keep that in mind and just adress with with an @ if anything comes up without quoting your posts

Purchases: a ladder(5 cp). Should be all

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-12, 11:46 PM
At least I didn't give anything away :smalltongue:

And I know someone (known as novaplasma) who would like your sig, because it has to do with cows :smalltongue:

TheFallenOne
2010-02-12, 11:50 PM
There's Belkar and Discworld in my sig, and he likes it because of cows? Something is wrong here

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-12, 11:52 PM
I just noticed the mentioning of cows (he is obsessed with them :smalltongue:)

EDIT: I will not be able to be on a lot during school days, just saying, and sometimes I also get a ton of homework (the problem with takign a math class 3 grades above you :smallmad:)

TheFallenOne
2010-02-12, 11:55 PM
I just know two non-weird reasons why you could be obsessed wih cows, either you play Diablo a lot or you reeeeaaaally like beef :smalltongue:

RandomAction
2010-02-12, 11:58 PM
Ok Syberphyst Ini roll: [roll0]

No $ = no purchases.

@Bobhorst:Hey good luck there partner. I think, since we are fighting ranged attackers, we should sneak in close as possible and take them out one at a time. Hopefully, you go first, so I can dash in and unleash metal fury. What do you think?

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-12, 11:58 PM
Um, I don't know about the Diablo one, but he does not eat beef often, when he does, he says he is eating an evil cow. Direct quote from him:

Do not question my logic!

EDIT: come ON!! everyone is getting higher initiative than me and I'm the only one with a positive modifier. :smallfurious: I think I am being punished for something...

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 12:13 AM
Ok Syberphyst Ini roll: [roll0]

No $ = no purchases.

@Bobhorst:Hey good luck there partner. I think, since we are fighting ranged attackers, we should sneak in close as possible and take them out one at a time. Hopefully, you go first, so I can dash in and unleash metal fury. What do you think?

@Randonaction
Be careful with the dashing in, most likely they'll stick together and you'll just run headon into to prepared actions. None of them has a good chance to beat my hide check; I think I best take high ground to get a look on them and maybe take a shot at one of them. If you move in while they're together and prepared for it you'll probably not make it
We should at least take care that I have LoS on their probable hiding places when you advance. That way, if you trigger their prepared action and they try to shoot at you, they'll trigger my prepared action so I'll actually shoot first.

RandomAction
2010-02-13, 12:23 AM
@TheFallenOne:
True, but Syberphyst is a melee-ish character. My ranged damage is low. Either which, if I can sneak in they would have to 5' step before firing. That gives me a chance to flurry. I do agree on your scouting from the higher ground. Remember a hand signal is a free action, this way we do not give them a chance to listen for any voices.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 12:30 AM
@RA
Alright, we'll try to keep LoS between us so I can signal you if I know their location. Be aware that they'll ready actions either to shoot once they see one of us or to move away if you get to close. Getting right next to them without triggering these actions will the really hard.
How about you climb up too? If they keep on the ground you can jump right on top of them and if they go up too you will have massive problems coming into melee if you stay on ground level

I just noticed Shooty has 4 ranks in Spot although it is marked as cross class. Should be corrected

@Ref
If I use Sniping as described in the Hide skill and the guy I'm shooting at doesn't beat mide Hide check -20, is LoS on me ever established, thus potentially triggering prepared actions?

alright guys I'll finally go to bed now, most likely my character will be first(Shooty needs to roll a nat20 to draw with me), but without established Initiative order I can't make my turn. See you later today

RandomAction
2010-02-13, 01:16 AM
@Fallen: I just checked the Ini order and I go before Shooty. I can hide fairly well and so I was thinking of getting close to him. I know I will be fighting his spot checks, but I can get close and start a grapple. Keep him tied up for awhile, leaving you to snipe Mattos until I can get there.
My opinion on this map and my thoughts of our opponents actions is they will attempt to reach the higher ground first. The cleric with all his bonuses to attack needs to be taken out first. Even if his partner comes at us (while I grapple the cleric) he will hesitate to attack for fear of hitting his partner.
I have seen Law and Animal devotion working together and things can get bad in a fast way.
What are your thoughts?

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 10:13 AM
Shooty McElf Init [roll0]

No purchaces.

At Mattos

My plan is to buff a bit then fly up and start sniping, I assume they will take the high ground. If you get close to me I can catch you in one of my buffs to give you +to hit with the bow for 10 rounds.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 10:31 AM
Spot fixed, good catch.

At Refs/LOS

Start in D7, Bow in hand wearing armor.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 11:28 AM
@Fallen: I just checked the Ini order and I go before Shooty. I can hide fairly well and so I was thinking of getting close to him. I know I will be fighting his spot checks, but I can get close and start a grapple. Keep him tied up for awhile, leaving you to snipe Mattos until I can get there.
My opinion on this map and my thoughts of our opponents actions is they will attempt to reach the higher ground first. The cleric with all his bonuses to attack needs to be taken out first. Even if his partner comes at us (while I grapple the cleric) he will hesitate to attack for fear of hitting his partner.
I have seen Law and Animal devotion working together and things can get bad in a fast way.
What are your thoughts?

@Randomaction
The cleric is rather tough with those nasty devotion feats. He can fly, thereby preventing you from reaching him, boost his AC etc. Maybe we shouldn't rush it, if he uses his flight from the beginning we might just sit it out. He can use his flight twice for 10 rounds each.
Rageclaws means he can keep fighting even with negative hit points, though a single Subdual damage while he has no HP will make him unconscious. Keep that in mind

@Ref, Randomaction
I assume our characters prepared a a hand signal code to communicate. Like, point your fist in a direction to note where an enemy is
Extended thumb: It's Mattos
Extended pointer: It's Shooty
Extended middle finger: 20 ft above ground level
Extended ring finger: 10 ft above ground level
Extended pinkie: ground level
Extended middle finger and pointer: Flying
That's a single gesture and should easily be a free action

Question: Can teams pool their ressources? If yes I'd ask Randomaction to borrow me 10 GP so I can buy a shortbow with blunt arrows to take down the rageclaw cleric

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-13, 11:56 AM
@ refs/LoS
Start in C19, wearing armor.
Ref question: Do I have to put a weapon away before I start climbing? If I don't I start with bow in hand.

@ McElf
I'm going to climb up the wall and start shooting at them, I'll probably fight Bobhorst first.

RandomAction
2010-02-13, 01:18 PM
If everyone is ready, shall we start?

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-13, 01:23 PM
Sure, but I also have to do homework, might have to get off this afternoon :smallannoyed:

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 02:04 PM
Initiative Count:

Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild(19)
Syberphyst(14)
Mattos(10)
Shooty McElf(8)

Alright, just checking the formatting guidelines a final time, then I'll post my turn

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-13, 02:14 PM
Ref question
In the SRD, it says climbing is part of a movement. Does that mean that I could climb up the 10 ft, then still move 20 feet in the same move action?
Also, I move 1/4 my speed per climb check. Would that round up to 10 feet or down to 5 feet?

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 02:25 PM
Last pre-battle stuff @Randomaction
I think we should take out Mattos first. The cleric is way tougher with Rageclaws, Law Devotion and spontaneous healing. We won't be able to take him out fast enough. Best chance is in my opinion to focus on Mattos and then when hopefully all goes well go 2-on-1 against Shooty.
I'll use my ladder to get high ground without a climb check. I'll stay at the bottom of the map, slightly to the right, from there I have good LoS to cover you if you advance down to my starting position and then along the corridor towards Mattos' starting position

Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 1

Ref/LoS
Start in X20, ladder in both hands.

Move: place ladder against wall
Move: Climb up ladder to X21
Free as part of Move Action: Draw light crossbow(BAB +1)
Free as part of Move Action: Hide, [roll0]
Free: Load crossbow(Rapid Reload)

Stats:

Hp: 9/9
AC: Full 18, Flat-Footed 13, Touch 16 (+5 Dex, +2 Armor, +1 Size)

Since this is my very first round in a PBP game I'd like a Ref to confirm if I've done everything alright. If that's the case, I'm done

Psionic Dog
2010-02-13, 03:03 PM
High Ref PsiDog

@The Fallen One
First on gold: Teams members may not pool gold reserves for a joint purchase.

Second on Sniping: If Your opponent fails their spot check they do not gain LoS or know where the shot was fired from.

Third on Ladders: In the absence of any RAW rules we'll fall back on the Garden example which says a Move Action to place a (held) ladder (or a standard to reposition a fallen ladder) and DC 5 to climb a ladder. The arena is always assumed to be a stressful combat zone even when opponents are not in LoS, which usually makes taking 10 impossible. As for the climb it's traditional to declare an autosucces at least the first time it occures.

Finally on the format:
Lets see, Character name and round number at top ... √
Actions not universally seen in spoiler ... √
A Status spoiler listing HP,AC, and temporary effects ... √
Statement of Done ... √

Yep, everything's in place and in Ref-friendly format. :smallcool:

@Lord Mattos
On Spoilers: Correct. Any action not visible to all is placed inside a spoiler. This is traditional labeled as "LoS/Refs" If you have LoS to a character you may view spoiler actions of theirs. For this reason non-visable actions, such as the conditions of a readied action, are often separately spoilered even when inside a LoS spoiler.

On Climbing: If a hypothetical character was fast enough it could climb 10 ft and then move 20 ft, but at a normal climbing rate such an action would require a speed of 60ft to be done as a single move action.

Normal Climbing is 1/4 speed, or 20ft of movement to climb 5 ft. A character with only 30ft of available movement would only climb 5 ft at normal speed, since the remaining 10ft would be insufficient to climb another 5 ft.

Climbing also requires two free hands for humanoids. A creature with two hands can generally not climb and weld a weapon at the same time.

Round Started. All team communications will now need to be done incharacter as the arena allows. Have Fun, and knock'em out. :smalltongue:

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 03:22 PM
@Ref
Alright, DC5 was an Autosuccess then. Thanks for the clarification.
Should I add the ladder to my character sheet? I didn't because it said they shouldn't be changed once the match starts.
I assume even using a ladder you only climb 1/4 of your movement, but thanks to my 40 ft/round that's no problem. Hm, now that I think about it, I guess I'm probably the only one who could reach the second floor without risking accelerated climb, though I have to check how far up the cleric could fly in one round with Animal Devotion. That should give me more movement options in my second turn

Done. Sypherphyst, your turn. Go get 'em sleepingtiger variant warforged monk

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-13, 03:27 PM
Ok, thanks PsiDog, I was a little unsure about that. I've never really had to use climbing in a game.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 03:41 PM
That's probably why you have a grappling hook and invested in Use Rope, makes it a whole lot easier :smalltongue:

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-13, 03:44 PM
That's probably why you have a grappling hook and invested in Use Rope, makes it a whole lot easier :smalltongue:

Yes. Yes it does :smalltongue:

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 03:53 PM
Alright then. Will be a pleasure exchanging bolt for arrow with you until one team is left standing

RandomAction
2010-02-13, 04:27 PM
*Among the groans and scattered cheers of the crowd, It's Random's turn.*

Good luck everyone!

Syberphyst,R-1:
Refs/LoS:
Start in W-7, holding loaded sling.
Move to Q-4.
As swift action, activate Law devotion setting bonus to AC for this round.
Finish by moving to I-4.

End turn.

Stats:
Law devotion (10/10 rounds remaining)
Hp: 10/10
AC: 21 (1armor+3dex+3class+3feat), T-19, F-18
Saves: F+5/R+5/W+1
Listen/Spot: -1/+3

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-13, 05:18 PM
Mattos Round 1

refs/LoS
Start with bow in hand. Double move from D19 to K14.

End of turn.

Stats

Hp: 8/8
AC: 18, F: 13, T: 15
Wielded: bow

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 08:24 PM
Shooty Round 1

Ref/Los

Standard Cast, DC 16 Spellcraft to read Blessed Aim
Swift, Activate Animal Devotion (Flight)
Move, from D7 to F7, up 15' (with 40' average manu, I can assend at a 60 deg angle. 40' at 60 deg is 10 over and 15 up.)

Stats

Altitude: +15'
Hp: 9/9 (Rageclaws)
AC: 18 ,FF 15, Tou 13
Saves: F 3, R 5, W 3
Animal Dev (Remaining) 10/10
Blessed aim (Remaining) 10/10
Rageclaws (Constant)

Spells:
Guidance
Guidance
Light

Magic Weapon
Blessed Aim
True Strike

End of turn

I'll go request LOS

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 08:29 PM
Refs
If I was within 50' of mattos when I cast Blessed aim, he should get the effect as well (spell compendium pg 31)

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 08:32 PM
alright, round 2 up as soon as I have LoS confirmation.

Refs
Gods, those maneuverability rules are nastier than grappling. Still haven't got completely my head around which places he can reach when he activates Animal Devotion *sigh*
One other thing, does using a readied action change my Initiative count? I think it does by RAW, though after reading some matches I got the impression it is played differently around here

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 08:37 PM
Yeah Im glad your waiting, I have a feeling some of us will have LOS.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 08:40 PM
Then I guess you're flapping your butterfly wings to get a good look from above like I feared you would. Be careful though, once you reach 130 ft altitude your disqualified :smallbiggrin:

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 08:44 PM
Yeah its no secret i took to the skies. actually thats what took so long in posting. have you READ the flying rules?!?!?!

Dear god, I had to go bust out my old geometry book.

Just so we all know, with a 40' move and Average Manu, I can go 35' up and 20' over in a single move. Thats a 60 deg up angle.

Just wanted us all on the same page. (If anyone cares I can post the forumula for a 30-60-90 triangle)

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 08:46 PM
if you'll read my spoilers once the match is done you will see that the question which squares you can reach with your flight has been plagueing me for some time now :smalltongue:

though let me check your math there, I'm not sure if it's right

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 08:50 PM
Please feel free to check, I don't mind a bit.

And I figgured it might cause some concern/confusion, thats why I posted it in the open so we all could see what was what with no suprises.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 09:05 PM
Just so we all know, with a 40' move and Average Manu, I can go 35' up and 20' over in a single move. Thats a 60 deg up angle.)

I'll be honest, I don't see how you got these numbers. Since 35 is less than two times 20, you got the 60 degrees or lower alright, but I don't get the actual numbers because average maneuverability has "Up speed" half. Is this supposed to be a double move action?

I might be very mistaken with everything I said here, flying is crazy.

Very decent move of you to discuss this in the open though

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 09:11 PM
Not at all, and this is why I did it. I for some reason disregarded the up: Half line.

So in a single move its 10' forward for 15 up.

I will revise my move.

*Edit* Fixed. (Tho Now im almost sure we do NOT have LOS, but you and your wonder ladder might make me a liar :smallbiggrin: )

Sallera
2010-02-13, 09:19 PM
Mattos:No LoS.

Shooty:You see Syberphyst in I4.

Syberphyst:You see Shooty in F7+15.

Bobhorst:No LoS.

Also, for future reference, we prefer it if you avoid editing turn posts. Easier to track and no instances of undue suspicion if you just post a revision.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 09:20 PM
I really hope we got the flying stuff down now. Looking at your climb stats and the flying rules my expectation was not to get LoS in the first round.
My ladder doesn't change that, unfortunately 20 ft ladders are not offered, otherwise you might be right :smallwink:Though I still think it was a sound investment for a mere 5 cp

edit: Thanks for the LoS Sallera, Round 2 coming up shortly

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 09:22 PM
Ah, sorry wasnt sure what the standard procedure was for that.

BTW did you see my ref question?

Sallera
2010-02-13, 09:24 PM
Yes, I did.

Although I just noticed another one.

Bobhorst:Readied actions do change your initiative, yes. Handled by RAW.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 09:38 PM
Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 2

Ref/LoS
Start in X21
Move to V25
Hide as part of Move(unless LoS). [roll0]
note: may be revised depending on Ref question

@Ref
What kind of action would it be to throw the ladder down to the ground or even better push it to X19 so it appears I climbed up on the other side? I guess the last one isn't possible, but well, you can always ask

Stats:

not done, Ref question and LoS confirmation

Sallera
2010-02-13, 09:42 PM
Bobhorst:Move action to pick it up, free action to drop it in any adjacent square.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 09:50 PM
Thanks

Continuation of Round 2:

Ref/LoS

Free: Drop letter to X19
Move as previously described(Will redo Hide check if so required after adding a free action before the move)
If no LoS:
Ready action:
Shoot in case any opponent somehow manages to get LoS on me, but not if only I get LoS on them
If no LoS as I assume(I beliebe he would have needed to fly to the left edge of the map for that) I'll be done once I get confirmation

almost done

Sallera
2010-02-13, 09:56 PM
Bobhorst:Perhaps I should have been clearer, but as you're not currently holding the ladder, it's still a move action to manipulate it. You can't drop it if you don't have it in hand.

Edit: Also, irrelevant now, but since you have no way of knowing if your opponent can see you, it's not a valid trigger for a readied action.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 09:59 PM
@Ref
Sorry, my bad. Then forget the letter stuff, just move to V25 as first described, hiding there.
LoS for my movement then I'll finish my round

edit: whoa guys, I just noticed all four of us are online. Let's get this match going :smallcool:

Sallera
2010-02-13, 10:05 PM

Shooty:You see Syberphyst in I4.

Syberphyst:You see Shooty in F7+15.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 10:08 PM
@Ref, LoS

Since you didn't address it, I assume I can keep my initial hide roll. If not, feel free to reroll for me if it becomes relevant.
Ready Action:
Watch in amazement if anything interesting happens. No need to reveal myself and change my initiative right now

done

RandomAction
2010-02-13, 10:19 PM
Hm.....

Syberphyst,R-2:
Refs/LoS:
Shift devotion to attack - free.
5' step to H-4 - free.
Attack Shooty - standard.
Attack: [roll0]
Crit check: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit dmg: [roll3]
Shift devotion to AC - free.
Reload sling - move.
Pray for damage - free.

End turn.

Stats:Location: I-4.
Law devotion (9/10 rounds remaining)

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-13, 10:22 PM
Just want to know whether I have LoS before I post my turn.

Sallera
2010-02-13, 10:24 PM

Shooty:Syberphyst is in H4.

Syberphyst:Shooty is in F7+15.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-13, 10:30 PM
Ok, here
Double move from K14 to M10

End of turn.

Stats

Sallera
2010-02-13, 10:36 PM

Syberphyst:Shooty is in F7+15.

Bobhorst:You see Mattos briefly in M9 before he leaves LoS to the south.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 10:39 PM
Shooty Round 2

Ref/Los
Move to G5 +30
Swift, Activate Law devotion (Hit)
Standard, Shoot Syberphyst with Dragonsbreath Arrow. [roll0]

turn Not over, need to see results.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 10:42 PM
Crap...

Oh well

Ref/Los

Yell He's in H4!!!

Turn done

Stats

Altitude: +15'
Hp: 9/9 (Rageclaws)
AC: 18 ,FF 15, Tou 13
Saves: F 3, R 5, W 3
Animal Dev (Remaining) 9/10
Blessed aim (Remaining) 9/10
Law Devotion (Remaining) 10/10
Rageclaws (Constant)

Spells:
Guidance
Guidance
Light

Magic Weapon
Blessed Aim
True Strike

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 10:46 PM
Need LoS

I assume he's flying up as much as possible because we have a melee fighter on our side, so good chance I see him by now

edit: Ref question
I take it I'm not hiding anymore once I start moving, so I can only hide again after finishing my move, but can be seen along the way. Is that correct?
Also, if that's the case, does it apply to 5 foot steps too?

Sallera
2010-02-13, 10:47 PM
Shooty:You can't make it to G5+30 in a single move action; that would require 50ft of movement. (10ft to F6+20, 10ft to F6+25, 30ft to G5+30 (two diagonals)).

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 10:55 PM
At refs
Im sorry, we had figured out that with 40' move i could do 10' and up 15'. from F7 to F6 is 5 and from F6 to G5 is 5' for the first diagonal. If im wrong can i be in G5 +25?

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 11:02 PM
If there was betting on Arena matches I'd so gotta put 10 gold on the assumption that whatever the complication is(unless it's established LoS changing his actions), it's about flight rules :smallannoyed: I had hoped we figured it out together

Sallera
2010-02-13, 11:03 PM

Shooty:Vertical diagonals count as well. G5+25 is fine. Syberphyst is in H4.

Syberphyst:Shooty is in G5+25.

Bobhorst:No LoS. You're still considered hiding while moving, provided you still have cover/concealment.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-13, 11:08 PM
It is about flight rules. the issue at hand is that while I can go up at a 60deg angle, diagonals count on the way up so really its 45 deg.

While I really dont think thats how it is ment to work thats how we (arena) do things so thats how it is.

LOS

Im in G5 +25

None of it should hold up play BTW, your free to go.

RandomAction
2010-02-13, 11:12 PM
Flight can be confusing sometimes, also Sallera I wish our match could move this quickly.

Sallera
2010-02-13, 11:13 PM
The angle determines which squares you can move through. You can go over and up, straight up, then over and up, despite the individual movement containing a 90 degree movement, because it's still a straight line <=60 degrees. But each square of movement is counted individually for the purpose of determining distance travelled, so if you're also moving diagonally in a horizontal direction, both vertical and horizontal diagonals contribute to the 5ft-10ft-5ft progression.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 11:14 PM
Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 3

LoS confirmation please

Stats:

edit:

restored rolls, lets see if this works
hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 11:16 PM
sorry, had the scrap my post fast because I screwed up the spoiler, my turn information was freely visible. Will redo correctly immediately

Sallera
2010-02-13, 11:17 PM

Edit: You could have just edited in a spoiler tag.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-13, 11:18 PM
I think you forgot to spoiler that. EDIT: you already noticed that.
Also, goodnight (it's 10:30 here). I probably won't be able to get on until tommorow afternoon.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 11:20 PM
Ref/LoS

Start in V25
Move to T25
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
If no LoS.
Ready Action to
Well, nothing. I'll play it slow because Shooty has I guess 1 or 2 temporary effects up now. Though I wonder why I don't see my teammate, it seems we haven't agreed on a strategy before the match started

I apologize, because I scrapped my post immediately I don't know what my dice rolls were. If it's not possible to retrace what I got I will accept any ruling regarding my rolls, turn them into natural 1s if necessary. i don't want to give the impression I'm trying to cheat here

Sallera
2010-02-13, 11:22 PM
You can restore the rolls by editing [roll0], [roll1], etc. into the original post.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-13, 11:23 PM
@Sallera
Yeah, was kind of a panic reaction.
I btw narrowly avoided quoting your post, thereby seeing the other guys spoilers. Good thing I noticed this problem right at the beginning of the match

Done

alright, roll restoration worked fine

RandomAction
2010-02-13, 11:23 PM
Ok your confirmation shouldn't affect my turn.

Syberphyst,R-3:
Refs/LoS:
Attack Shooty - standard.
5' step to H-5 - free.
Reload sling - move.
Shift devotion to AC - free.
End turn.

Stats:
Law devotion (8/10 rounds remaining)

Sallera
2010-02-13, 11:26 PM

Shooty:Syberphyst is in H5.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-14, 09:54 AM
Good thing I noticed this problem right at the beginning of the match
Yeah, against me...

Mattos round 3

Move: move from M10 to N12
Standard: Ready an action
Shoot my bow. Trigger: gain LoS

End of turn.

Stats

Thefurmonger
2010-02-14, 10:03 AM
Shooty Round 3

Ref/LOS
Shoot at Syberphyst (Dragons breath) [roll0]
Damage [roll1] +1 Fire, Make a DC 15 Ref Save of catch fire.

Not done.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-14, 10:07 AM
Shooty Round 3 Continued

Ref/Los

Free, Law to AC
Move to G3 +25
Free yell, THE MONK IS IN H5!!!!!

Turn Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-14, 10:33 AM
And One more, sorry.

NOTE THIS does NOT hold up play.

Ref/Syberphyst
Sorry, I forgot to tell you what happens on a failed save.
Characters at risk of catching fire are allowed a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid this fate. If a character’s clothes or hair catch fire, he takes 1d6 points of damage immediately. In each subsequent round, the burning character must make another Reflex saving throw. Failure means he takes another 1d6 points of damage that round. Success means that the fire has gone out. (That is, once he succeeds on his saving throw, he’s no longer on fire.)

[roll0] If you fail.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-14, 10:38 AM
And One more Cuz I'm a moron.....

Ref/Syberphyst
Dragons breath arrows dont do a d8, they do a d6. so disregard the damage above and here it is.

[roll0]+1 Fire

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 11:55 AM
Need LoS

I just noticed that what I did in my first two rounds was rather idiotic :smallannoyed:

@Mattos

Yeah, against me...

Yeah, but luckily it was something unimportant. Better to learn it there than when I accidentaly see everyones LoS status by quoting a Ref :smalltongue:

Thefurmonger
2010-02-14, 12:58 PM
Did you post in the waiting room looking for LOS? if not yet, can you also ask for some listen checks please.

And please, continue doing whatever you did for the first 2 rounds for a while. :smallbiggrin:

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 01:04 PM
Alright, posted request

Well, my mistake(kinda forgot my own capabilities) wouldn't have been so bad if I agreed with Randomaction on a tactic before beginning the game, now it seems we've taken rather different approaches and if he's doing what I think he does it's not going well :smallfrown:

Thefurmonger
2010-02-14, 01:10 PM
Honestly I assumed you were slaughtering my partner this whole time.

truth be told tho, I'm just happy that the snipeing of the cleric has yet to begin :smallsmile:

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 01:17 PM
Well, I guess we can have an after battle discussion once this is over, if I paid more attention my Round 1 and in extension everything that happened thereafter would have been quite different

edit: Ref Question
How exactly does LoS up and down stairs count? Like, say I'm in J23 and an opponent has 10 ft altitude. Would LoS be established if they're in
J19
J17
J8 etc

Thefurmonger
2010-02-14, 01:31 PM
Yeah, your right, and I really look forward to it. Im extreemly curious what the stradegy was on your side, and ours.

RandomAction
2010-02-14, 01:46 PM
Refs/Shooty:
That was a hit.
Reflex save DC15: [roll0]
I will update my stats during my next turn.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 02:03 PM
Yeah, your right, and I really look forward to it. Im extreemly curious what the stradegy was on your side, and ours.

I think that the strategy Randomaction and I had in mind were quite different, otherwise I can't explain certain things tha happened or did not happen :smallbiggrin:

RandomAction
2010-02-14, 02:05 PM
This doesn't hold up play.

Refs:Looking over the caching fire in the SRD, I am curious to ask: I am not wearing clothing nor do I have hair. Am I still on fire?

RandomAction
2010-02-14, 02:08 PM
I think that the strategy Randomaction and I had in mind were quite different, otherwise I can't explain certain things tha happened or did not happen :smallbiggrin:

Blame me, I am not a team player most of the time. To many solo games, I think. To make matters worse, I made a mistake in R-2.

Refs only:With all the yelling that was done by Shooty, I think my partner may have heard something. If so, he would be able to redo his actions in a prior round or two correct?

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 02:29 PM
Don't worry about it. We just should have been clearer on our strategy before the match began.

I'm actually drawing a LoS diagram for me right now for ease of reference. Worrying about two opponents makes everything way harder

Ref Question
Sallera said
"You're still considered hiding while moving, provided you still have cover/concealment."
So, say I make a five foot step and gain LoS from that, but there's cover between us, I'm still considered hiding, correct? So, five foot stepping, Sniping as described in the Hide skill and remaining hidden would be a legal move(provided I have cover in my new location)?

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-14, 02:40 PM
Whose turn is it?

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 02:43 PM
Mine, but since we finished a turn we should wait for LoS confirmation, also appearantly there are some Listen checks to be made according to your teammate

Sallera
2010-02-14, 05:17 PM
Refs:Listen for Mattos: [roll0]
Listen for Bobhorst: [roll1]

Sallera
2010-02-14, 05:27 PM
Bobhorst:No LoS. Yes, that would work. You would need to make a hide check at -5 for the 5ft step, and then a second check at -20 for the sniping.

Mattos:You hear some yelling from the northwest, but you can't make out the words.

Shooty:Having failed to maintain your minimum forward speed of 20ft, you stall at the end of your turn, falling to the ground in G3 and taking [roll0] fall damage. Syberphyst is still in H5.

Syberphyst:Yes, you can still catch on fire. Shooty falls to the ground in G3.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 05:40 PM
@Ref

Alright, for ease of reference I tried making a LoS diagram here (http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5141/losv.jpg)
I saw Mattow briefly in M9 moving south, so unless he for some reason turned around I assume he is in M 11, 12, 13 or N 11 to 14(or 15?).
With 5 foot step to S26 I gain LoS on N 15, 14, 13, 12 and M 13, 12, 11, though I don't have cover in all cases.
If anybody makes his spot check after my sniping and has a triggered action, would that trigger before or after I shoot? I assume after since Sniping specifically states that I hide after the ranged attack

Round 4 coming up shortly

Sallera
2010-02-14, 05:47 PM
Bobhorst:It would trigger after you fire, yes, so long as they don't make the first spot check against your movement.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 05:49 PM
Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 4

Ref/LoS

5 foot step to S26

need LoS

Sallera
2010-02-14, 06:10 PM
Bobhorst:Mattos is in N12.

Syberphyst:Shooty is in G3.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 06:19 PM
continued round 4

Refs/LoS
N12, if I'm not mistaken thats over 70 ft, but less than 80. Hm, his Spot will be +0, my Hide -4... let's gamble a bit

Standard: Shoot Mattos with crossbow [roll0] includes -4 for cover
Damage: [roll1]
Free: reload crossbow
Free: Drop prone
Move: Hide after Sniping [roll2]
Do I need to test 'Move' Silently to make no noise with the attack? While I didn't move in the conservative sense, I did take a move action. Just in case: [roll3]

Stats:

-4 vs melee, +4 vs ranged

done

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 06:22 PM
Ref/LoS
*sigh* really should have listened to my common sense instead of my urge to finally do something

please commence

Sallera
2010-02-14, 06:39 PM
Refs:Spot for Mattos: [roll0]

Mattos:You get shot by Bobhorst (A:17 vs. FF, D:6), who is in S26. Your readied action triggers; do you take it?

Bobhorst:Mattos is in N12.

Syberphyst:Shooty is in G3.

Need clarification from Mattos.

RandomAction
2010-02-14, 06:43 PM
Syberphyst,R-4:
Refs/LoS:
Does the save need to be now or at the end of my turn?
Here is the save DC15 - [roll0]
If this is successful:
5' step to H-4 - free action.
Designate Shooty as Chosen Foe - free.
Full round action - Flurry attack
Attack #1: [roll1]
Crit check: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Crit dmg: [roll4]
Attack #2: [roll5]
Crit check: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Crit dmg: [roll8]
Shift devotion back to AC - free.

End turn.

Stats:
Law devotion (8/10 rounds remaining)
Hp: 1/10

Thefurmonger
2010-02-14, 07:24 PM
Ref
was I prone for that?

Thefurmonger
2010-02-14, 08:30 PM
At Ref/Syberphyst/Bobhorst
Ok that took me out, do I post that in the open? I dont want to screw you guys by letting my partner know im down. But then again i also am not gonna check here for my turns that i cant take as my partner has no healing.
Im not sure what the normal thing to do is.

And P.S. note to self, ALWAYS READ THE FLYING RULES AGAIN BEFORE POSTING YOUR MOVEMENT IN A HURRY WHILE LEAVING THE HOUSE. :smalltongue:

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 08:40 PM
At Ref/Syberphyst/Bobhorst
Ok that took me out, do I post that in the open? I dont want to screw you guys by letting my partner know im down. But then again i also am not gonna check here for my turns that i cant take as my partner has no healing.
Im not sure what the normal thing to do is.

And P.S. note to self, ALWAYS READ THE FLYING RULES AGAIN BEFORE POSTING YOUR MOVEMENT IN A HURRY WHILE LEAVING THE HOUSE. :smalltongue:

@Ref/Sypherphyst/Shooty

... Your down? With your Rageclaws? Seriously, I was worried that Random would get into a fight he can't win(Melee vs flying) instead of sticking with me like I hoped he would. My idea was that he heads down to me so we take on Mattos first and then take you on 2on1 once your 10 round buffs are used up. Only way I saw for him to win this was by initiating a grapple before you take off out of his reach.

But well, seems the Flying rules were it fault. When I noticed that you're not familiar with them I halfway expected you to sometime plummet to the ground because you forgot minimum forward spead or even better, simply fly out of the arena by flying to the edge of the map, forgetting that you can only turn 45 degrees per 5 ft traveled

So, which one was it? :smallbiggrin:

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-14, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I take my readied action vs. Bobhorst.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Crit confirm: [roll2]
Extra damage: [roll3]

will see what happens before I post my turn.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 09:08 PM
Forgot the spoiler :smallwink:

@Refs
Need confirmation if Shooty is out. If yes, it should be Mattos' turn(he changed to my initiative due to his readied action and he has the higher Initiative modifier, so he should go before me

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-14, 09:20 PM
that should have said 1d20. And yeah I did. It didn't hit you anyways :smallyuk:

but the rest of my turn:

Assuming I have LoS to Bobhorst,
@ refs/bobhorst
move action: move from N12 to M17.

Standard: attack bobhorst
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
crit confirm: [roll2]
extra damamge: [roll3]

End of turn.

Stats:

hp: 2/8
arrows: 98/100

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 09:28 PM
@Refs, Mattos

And that's a miss since I dropped prone as a free action on my turn(+4 AC versus ranged attacks)

@Refs

Mattos just took a round after using his readied action, I'm not sure if he isn't aware that his initiative changed and just took his turn at his normal initiative count(which would be now after Randomaction finished) or he is aware that his teammate is out, which would make him the next one to act(Initiative tie with me, he has the higher modifier). We should clear this up before I take my turn

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-14, 09:36 PM
@Bobhorst
Dang it. It would have dealt 7 damage, noooooooooo!!!!! Could I have looked at the spoiler on your action to see that? And I keep forgetting to roll listen/spot!

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 09:43 PM
@Bobhorst
Dang it. It would have dealt 7 damage, noooooooooo!!!!! Could I have looked at the spoiler on your action to see that?

@Mattos
Since you gained LoS on me(I pokered a bit by snipering you, my Hide with Sniping is -4, your Spot on that distance was +0) I believe you were eligible to view my @LoS spoiler, yes. Though mentioning that I'm prone in your LoS spoiler, which appearantly wasn't the case, would have been appropriate since you see it(but then again I wasn't told either that you're holding your bow, though that ones rather obvious). Would it have changed your action anyway? I don't know if you have grounds for a rewind by the Arena rules but if you do it will be fine by me

edit @Mattos
You don't have to actively roll spot and listen(which is in fact an action), refs roll reactionary spot and listen checks against my hide. Though I guess this was the first time they rolled since there was no way you could beat my checks before(29 first round, 33 round two, 36 third round. Not that those good rolls would have made any difference, when it counted as I was snipering you I got a 5 :smallbiggrin: )

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-14, 10:02 PM
@Mattos
Since you gained LoS on me(I pokered a bit by snipering you, my Hide with Sniping is -4, your Spot on that distance was +0) I believe you were eligible to view my @LoS spoiler, yes. Though mentioning that I'm prone in your LoS spoiler, which appearantly wasn't the case, would have been appropriate since you see it(but then again I wasn't told either that you're holding your bow, though that ones rather obvious). Would it have changed your action anyway? I don't know if you have grounds for a rewind by the Arena rules but if you do it will be fine by me

@refs/Bobhorst
If I can revise my turn, then I shoot first (should I keep the same rolls or make new ones?) then move from N12 (will say where after ref question answered)
ref question
Wher is the closest I could move so that the wall from Q17 to Q20 would make him lose LoS of me? And should I say where I move after that, or you tell him he loses sight of me behidn the wall?

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 10:08 PM
@Mattos
As far as i gather after reading a couple of matches there is no definitive guidelines when rolls are kept, though if you attack anyway it is I beliebe one of the occasions where they're definitely kept(it gets blurry once the initial action gets interrupted by other actions). Though of course a Ref will know more than me about that.
You are aware that your initiative changed after you took your readied action, right?

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-14, 10:10 PM
@Mattos
As far as i gather after reading a couple of matches there is no definitive guidelines when rolls are kept, though if you attack anyway it is I beliebe one of the occasions where they're definitely kept(it gets blurry once the initial action gets interrupted by other actions). Though of course a Ref will know more than me about that.
You are aware that your initiative changed after you took your readied action, right?

@bobhorst
What are you talking aabout?

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 10:16 PM
@bobhorst
What are you talking aabout?

@Mattos

"Initiative Consequences of Readying

Your initiative result becomes the count on which you took the readied action."

from here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialInitiativeActions.htm)
so we're now tied on Initiative count 19, with you going before me because your modifier is higher as I understand it

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-14, 10:23 PM
@Mattos

"Initiative Consequences of Readying

Your initiative result becomes the count on which you took the readied action."

from here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialInitiativeActions.htm)
so we're now tied on Initiative count 19, with you going before me because your modifier is higher as I understand it

@ Bobhorst
Sweet :smallbiggrin:
but do I still take my action that I did?

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 10:29 PM
@Mattos

Well, to make clearing up the confusion easier: it seems(quite to my surprise) that your teammate is out, so in fact you are the next one to act(Random finished his round, your initiative changed, Fur is out, so it's a new round with you acting first), with me next in the line. I'm just waiting on a Ref to confirm that Fur is down and clarify which of your actions will now be the valid one

Feel free to read the spoiler exchange between Fur and me, he thought it was fair not to post it in the open to not give you an advantage, but then again I see no reason why you shouldn't know it if I do as we appearantly both have no LoS on him

RandomAction
2010-02-14, 10:41 PM
It is arena policy to notify all when one's partner goes down. The Refs usually handle these things, but I see no harm in stating:

Shooty McElf has died. A loud elven scream can be heard throughout the arena.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-14, 10:41 PM
@Mattos

Well, to make clearing up the confusion easier: it seems(quite to my surprise) that your teammate is out, so in fact you are the next one to act(Random finished his round, your initiative changed, Fur is out, so it's a new round with you acting first), with me next in the line. I'm just waiting on a Ref to confirm that Fur is down and clarify which of your actions will now be the valid one

Feel free to read the spoiler exchange between Fur and me, he thought it was fair not to post it in the open to not give you an advantage, but then again I see no reason why you shouldn't know it if I do as we appearantly both have no LoS on him

:smalleek: I'm doomed.

Question for thefurmonger
you said you had a blessed aim spell that would affect me if I was within range of you when you cast it. If you did cast it in rounds 1 or 2, did it affect me, and if so, what does that spell do?

EDIT: I have to go to bed now, it's 10 o' clock here and I have to get up for school at 6 :smallannoyed: Lets try to get this resolved before I get home tomorrow, ok? :smallsmile:

TheFallenOne
2010-02-14, 10:57 PM
Right you are, either your initial or revised round should be valid anyway, so it's my turn next. Just waiting for Ref confirmation

edit: will check again in maybe 8 hours, I guess all that stuff that's been going on will need some time to check :smallbiggrin:

Thefurmonger
2010-02-15, 08:49 AM
At Mattos
I had a ref check, and apperently you were not in range

RandomAction
2010-02-15, 09:58 AM
Has everything been cleared up?

TheFallenOne
2010-02-15, 11:39 AM
No idea. I'm the next to act, but I need to know if Mattos' initial or revised action is valid. Or maybe he could even revise again because the knowledge that his teammate is out may change what he plans to do

TheFallenOne
2010-02-15, 11:48 AM
for ease of reference, updated Initiative count

Mattos(19 - tie, higher Initiative modifier)
Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild(19)
Syberphyst(14)
Shooty McElf(8) - out

Currenty it is the beginning of Turn 5

Thefurmonger
2010-02-15, 12:44 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys, I was not sure how it worked when I got knocked out.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-15, 05:45 PM
I just need a ref to say which action is valid or whether I get a revised turn.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-15, 06:48 PM
Unless there are significant changes to the circumstances of the original action, you keep the same rolls.

Alright, I think we can go with this to get ahead. Mattos, I think the information that your teammate is out permits you to revise your turn, keeping your attack roll if you shoot me anytime during your revised round. If both you and Random are OK with this, you can now do your definite turn and we can progress(well, at least a little bit since we'll need LoS checks again soon)

edit: furtherly

Ah, OK, I had edited in a response to this saying no, but I see this situation does pretty much fall into the one caveat I had. Traditionally deaths are mentioned, even when there is no LoS. And if the person should have gotten that info prior to his turn, yes, rewind. Obviously that is something that is likely to influence what he decided to do.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-15, 07:20 PM
I'm fine with it.

RandomAction
2010-02-15, 09:47 PM
Ok, my turn caused Shooty to die. And since Mattos had a readied action, from what I have gathered from open posts and waiting room conversation, and since he took it, thus changing his Ini order. His last turn, R-5 1st to act, he may change his turn since he/we all now know that Shooty was downed.
As a Ini Ref, I would say rewind to the top of R-5 with Mattos to act. Game on.
Are we all in agreement?

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-15, 10:01 PM
yeah.

Mattos round 5

refs/Bobhorst
Double move from N12 to I19

End of turn.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-15, 10:03 PM
Forgot Stats

Hp: 2/8

RandomAction
2010-02-15, 10:19 PM
Crud, I was hoping that Fallen would have been able to post before he logged off, but oh well.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-16, 12:23 PM
don't worry, from what I gather we're coming along rather fast for a 2on2 match

Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 5

Ref/LoS
Start in S26, prone
Move: Stand up
Move: Go to Y23
Free as part of Move: Hide [roll0]
Free as part of Move: Move Silenty [roll1]

Stats:

done

TheFallenOne
2010-02-16, 12:26 PM
why do I keep roling natural twenties on Hide checks that nobody could beat even if I roll, say, a 5 :smalltongue:

Sallera
2010-02-16, 12:43 PM

Mattos:You see Syberphyst in H4.

Syberphyst:You see Mattos in I19.

RandomAction
2010-02-16, 06:15 PM
Hm...This is really a tough decision.

Syberphyst,R-5:
Refs/LoS:
Move to H-12.
This should end LoS with Mattos.
So....
Refs only
Half speed move to D-12, trying to be stealthy.
Move: [roll1]

End turn.

Stats:
Law devotion (7/10 rounds remaining)

Sallera
2010-02-16, 06:47 PM

Mattos:You lose sight of Syberphyst as he heads south into H8.

Syberphyst:No LoS.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-17, 10:29 PM
Whoops, sorry I hadn't posted yet, I was confused on initiative :smallredface:

Mattos round 6
Refs/LoS

full round action: Drink potion Cure Light Wounds for [roll0] health.

End of turn.

Stats

Hp: 6/8
lost potion CLW

TheFallenOne
2010-02-18, 06:18 AM
Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 6

Ref/LoS
Start in Y23
Move: Go to Z15
If no LoS: Hide [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
further action dependent on LoS

need LoS

Stats:

TheFallenOne
2010-02-18, 06:24 AM
extended Round 6

Ref/LoS

If no LoS in new Location continue straight on to Z10 with a partial move, that should leave me with 3 squares of movement if I don't like what I see. If no LoS Hide there if possible. Not sure on the mechanics, I moved more than my normal speed, but I didn't run or charge

need LoS

Sallera
2010-02-18, 12:25 PM
Bobhorst:You see Mattos in I19 as you enter Z14. You may revise the rest of your movement from there if you wish.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-18, 01:16 PM
Ref/LoS
Damn, moved 1 square too much to ready an action. Well, at least I have cover there so I can hide
new Hide check since this is a new move action I guess [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Stay in Z14

done

Sallera
2010-02-18, 01:21 PM
Bobhorst:Mattos is in I19.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-18, 01:23 PM
@Ref
Wait a second, I already saw him move to that exact square two rounds before. Does he have a potion bottle in his hand/lying in his square?

doesn't hold up play

Sallera
2010-02-18, 01:24 PM
Bobhorst:Yes, he's holding a bottle.

RandomAction
2010-02-18, 01:51 PM
Hm....you both know that the other match has finished, right?

Syberphyst,R-6:
Refs/LoS:
Half speed move to E-16, trying to remain silent and hidden.
HIde: [roll0]
Move: [roll1]
Ready an Action.
Trigger/Refs:Move if/when I gain LoS to Mattos.

End turn.

Stats:
Law devotion (6/10 rounds remaining)

Sallera
2010-02-18, 01:53 PM
Refs:Listen for Mattos: [roll0]

Bobhorst:Mattos is in I19.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-18, 02:20 PM
Hm....you both know that the other match has finished, right?

Yeah, winner faces Eurus and Sallera. Suddenly, all the attention Sallera kindly gives this match attains a slightly Machiavellian note :smallbiggrin:

To avoid any misunderstandings: I see nothing wrong with letting out your inner Machiavelli once in a while

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-18, 04:26 PM
Mattos round 7

refs/LoS
move action: move to I22

need LoS before posting rest of turn

Sallera
2010-02-18, 04:37 PM

Bobhorst:Mattos leaves LoS to the south.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-18, 04:43 PM
MAttos round 7 continued
move action: put away bow

End of turn

stats

hp: 6/8

Sallera
2010-02-18, 04:46 PM

TheFallenOne
2010-02-18, 04:48 PM
Finished?

what the hell does he want in that dead end? He's not gonna jump is he :smallconfused:

edit: oh damn, he's gonna climb down or up with his grappling hook

TheFallenOne
2010-02-18, 04:57 PM
Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 7

Ref/LoS
Double Move to S4
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

Stats:

done[/QUOTE]

Sallera
2010-02-18, 05:05 PM

RandomAction
2010-02-18, 06:17 PM
Syberphyst,R-7:
Refs/LoS:
Ok since he hasn't came into LoS, that means he is hiding somewhere or has move futher down.

Move to H-22 - move.

Need LoS.

Not done, need LoS.

Sallera
2010-02-18, 06:34 PM
Mattos:You see Syberphyst as he enters F16.

Syberphyst:You see Mattos in I22 as you enter F16. You may revise your turn from this point.

RandomAction
2010-02-18, 06:43 PM
Syberphyst,R-7-final:
Refs/LoS:
I will lose LoS to Mattos at some point here.
Continue to H-22 as stated earlier.
Make it a double move ending in K-21.
End turn.
Stats:Location: K-21.
Law devotion (5/10 rounds remaining)

TheFallenOne
2010-02-18, 06:47 PM
@Ref
How exactly does LoS up and down stairs work? they're neither +0 ft nor +10 ft. Example: Enemy in N18, I am either in O5 or O6. Do I get LoS from either? If I do, do I get cover from the stairs?

Sallera
2010-02-18, 06:55 PM
Mattos:You lose LoS to Syberphyst as he leaves K23 to the north.

Bobhorst:No LoS. Stairs are just treated as +5, I believe.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-18, 07:15 PM
@Ref
Can I climb diagonally from S4 to R5?

Sallera
2010-02-18, 07:20 PM
Bobhorst:Ehm... not exactly. You could climb from S4 to R4/S5 to R5, though, which will get you about the same result.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-19, 06:43 PM
Mattos round 8

Refs/LoS
I move from I22 to J18. I have 1 square of movement left. Need LoS to continue.

waiting on LoS

Sallera
2010-02-19, 06:51 PM
Mattos:Syberphyst is in K21.

Syberphyst:Mattos is in J18.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-19, 07:30 PM
Mattos round 8 continued

ref/LoS
while I was moving, I drew my longsword.
Move action: draw dagger

end of turn

stats
lost potion CLW

TheFallenOne
2010-02-19, 07:38 PM
Bobhorst:Ehm... not exactly. You could climb from S4 to R4/S5 to R5, though, which will get you about the same result.

Well, unfortunately not. With my 40 ft movement I can climb exactly 10 feet, so if I have to move 5 ft before climbing I won't have 2 chances to make it up there.
Well, stairs it is then

Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 8[/B]

Ref/LoS
Start in S4
Move to P7
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Free: Curse loudly if I run into a readied action

need LoS

Sallera
2010-02-19, 07:43 PM
Bobhorst:Well, I meant that you could probably climb diagonally upward with the first 5ft. But anyway. When you reach P5, you see Mattos in J18 and Syberphyst in K21. You may revise the rest of your movement from this point.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-19, 07:50 PM
continued Round 8 in the open now since we should now all have LoS on each other

You see me enter P5, then move to P7

Standard: Shoot Mattos with crossbow [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Free: Reload crossbow
Free: Shout Finish him!
Free: Drop prone

Stats:

Prone

done

RandomAction
2010-02-20, 01:00 AM
Since we all can see each other...

Syberphyst,R-8:
Move to K-18 through any route that doesn't provoke AoOs. I think K-20,L-19,K-18 does this.
Switch devotion to attack - free.
Attack Mattos - standard.
Attack:[roll0]
Switch devotion back to AC - free.

end turn.
Stats:
Law devotion (4/10 rounds remaining)

TheFallenOne
2010-02-20, 01:05 AM
AoOs are no issue anyway as long as he only has his bow in his hands

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-20, 12:38 PM
Mattos round 9

Standard: Attack Syberphyst with longsword
crit confirm: [roll2]
extra damage: [roll3]

want to see results before posting rest.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-20, 12:41 PM
MAttos round 9 continued

move from J18, behind the wall.
refs/LoS
I move to I21

End of turn.

stats

TheFallenOne
2010-02-20, 12:52 PM
Wait, you're having your longsword out? OK, I already noticed it isn't standard procedure to tell us what the others are holding even though it's clearly visible, but that little bit of information would have definitely affected my turn. Dropping prone seems rather stupid now

Sallera
2010-02-20, 03:36 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention that.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-20, 03:42 PM
No problem, I'm glad you watch over this thread so vigilantly and little mistakes happen

So, how do we proceed from here, do I get a rewind? I would have shot anyway, only change would be dropping the whole falling to the ground thing. But that in turn might influence Mattos' action(though since he didn't say that his turn is finished I have to wait for confirmation from him anyway before I do my turn)

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-20, 03:51 PM
Ok, you can go now.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-20, 06:06 PM
alright, once I have a clarification if I can scrap that falling prone part because I learned about your changed weaponry afterwards I'll post my turn

Sallera
2010-02-20, 06:11 PM
Yes, you can stay on your feet in light of the revised LoS.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-20, 06:31 PM
Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 9

Ref/LoS
Start in P7
Free: Shout "Don't forget Chosen Foe!" Looks to me like he did last round
Move: Go to I6

need LoS

Sallera
2010-02-20, 06:35 PM
Mattos:Bobhorst is in I6.

Bobhorst:Mattos is in I21. Syberphyst is in K18.

Syberphyst:Bobhorst is in I6.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-20, 06:43 PM
Standard: ShootShootityShoot [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Stats:

done

RandomAction
2010-02-20, 07:15 PM
Ok, then.

Here is the AoO for the movement, I didn't see you state a withdrawl action so:
Crit Dmg: [roll3]

Syberphyst,R-9:
Ok, I know that I will find him behind that wall, so I am going to move to I-18 as a partial move, LoS should be established at that point, finish move by ending where I can melee attack him.
Declare Mattos as Chosen Foe - free
Attack: [roll4]
Crit check: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Crit dmg: [roll7]

End turn.

Stats:Location: was in K-18.
Law devotion (3/10 rounds remaining)
AC: 21 (2armor+3dex+3class+3feat), T-19, F-18

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-21, 10:01 AM
Mattos round 10

Free: yell ARRRGGH! in common as bolt flies into me.

Standard: attack Syberphyst
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Question: how does bobhorst get +2 to damage with Xbow?

want to see results before posting rest of turn.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-21, 10:08 AM
Ok, I take a 5-ft step back to I22. I don't take a move action.
End of turn.

Stats
Hp: 3/8

RandomAction
2010-02-21, 11:25 AM
It is the Crossbow Sniper feat that allows him to add 1/2 his dex mod to damage. And that was a miss.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-21, 01:25 PM
Yeah. I was tempted to go with a +4 dex race to get 1d6+3 damage, but in the end Strongheart Halfling won out

Bobhorst the Foxdevilswild Round 10

Free: Reload Crossbow
Standard: Attack Mattos [roll0] -4 for cover as my teammate is in the way

awaiting results

TheFallenOne
2010-02-21, 01:27 PM
Free: Reload crossbow
Move to J6, then leave LoS to the east K6
Hide [roll0]

Stats:

done

RandomAction
2010-02-21, 03:47 PM
Time to try out my forged'fu.

Syberphyst,R-10:
5' step to I-21. free.
Continue to designate Mattos as Chosen FOe - free.
Flurry attack - full round.
Attack 1:[roll0]
Crit check 1: [roll1]
Dmg crit: [roll3]
Attack 2 :[roll4]
Crit check 2: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Dmg crit: [roll7]

End turn.

Stats:
Law devotion (3/10 rounds remaining)
AC: 21 (2armor+3dex+3class+3feat), T-19, F-18

TheFallenOne
2010-02-21, 06:48 PM
That should be a game-ender. I did him 3 damage last round, you 5 now. He was already wounded, but used his potion. So if he healed all damage with the potion he should be at 0 now, if any damage was left over he's out

RandomAction
2010-02-21, 08:15 PM
By your numbers, yeah that's game. Just need Mattos and a Ref to make a confirmation.

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-21, 09:12 PM
I yell 'AARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!' as I get punched to death.

Dang it, I lost my first arena match ever :smallannoyed: Good game, though.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-21, 09:14 PM
Alright, now to read all those spoilers to find out what exactly went wrong with the flying rules :smallbiggrin:

Good game everyone

Sallera
2010-02-21, 09:14 PM
High Ref Sallera

Syberphyst and Bobhorst take victory.