PDA

View Full Version : Davy Jones: Eat Your Heart Out (In-Character--Group 2)

Temotei
2010-02-13, 01:56 AM
The winds of the high seas greet your faces--the faces of pirates. Buccaneers, privateers, and criminals are all other names for you, but your cause does not change.

The world, although in a state of discord by average society's standards, is a good place to be for a pirate. Trade by sea has become the biggest and best way to keep up with the economy because of general warfare on land. Several port cities have been under siege from many different factions for over a year, with a few still untouched. Barbarians, other cities, and even certain monsters have been attacking these ports in an attempt to expand, live a better life, or to simply kill.

As pirates, you are hardly affected--and you most likely hardly care--by what is going on on land. As long as the actual ports are not attacked or destroyed, your profession is not in danger. In fact, as long as these wars rage, your profession is fueled more than usual. Trade ships have been constantly sent out to get supplies from those ports that are not under siege. The waters have hardly a drop uncovered by the wood of ships.

As you sail along with the wind guiding your ship, you come across yet another trade vessel. The man in the crow's nest calls out you and the rest of the crew to get ready for another. Arrows start to fly as the crew gets near the edge of the ship and fires. Most miss, but a few connect on the sails, creating rips. A well-known sorcerer, Rugo, walks calmly to the bow. Muttering a few words of arcane power and waving his hands a bit, a small fireball forms in his hand. He raises his arm, aiming at the ship. A moment later, the fireball releases, shooting off toward the ship. It connects solidly with a mast on the ship, starting some sails on fire. The crew cheers as the sorcerer walks back to the middle of the ship. He looks at the lot of you elite pirates and smiles while briskly strolling past.

Have fun.

Soon after, your ship, the Challenger, catches up to the trade vessel. Several crewmembers throw grappling hooks over, connecting the two ships. Soon, they are nearly touching, and several of the crew have leaped to the other ship.

Combat ensues as your violent crew works. Several on the trade vessel go unopposed, but are cowering in the corners of the ship. One man leaps into the sea, cracking his head on an invisible rock, revealing blood and brain matter. Your able fighters board the ship, primed for some close combat. Your ranged fighters stay back, ready to take out anyone who would fight...or not.

OoC: Map of the ship will come tomorrow. This combat will go without a map unless specifically asked for. I think you'll do fine without.

Krennel
2010-02-13, 02:18 AM
Wulfstan yells out, "It's a good day, to chop some heads!" He swings Aegir's might, his wifes necklace wrapped around his powerful hands, at the nearest opponent.

TheDivineWind
2010-02-13, 02:39 AM
Antegoray frowns as the fireball crash into the mast. "Showoff.."

As if stretching long unused muscles, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7880025&postcount=5) Antegoray's arms begin shifting in a familiar pattern, a word of power barely escaping his lips. "...scutum..." A warm inaudible wall of force molds around him slowly, then snaps forward, projecting a near invisible shield between the opposing ship and himself.

"Allright" he breathes out,
"...booty call~"

Kumori
2010-02-13, 03:08 AM
(OOC: Can I be the man in the crow's nest? Kinda what I was going for with my build... If not, I'll redo this post Maybe it just wasn't my turn, can't always be there.)

Hearing the call from above, Haruka abruptly leaps from his hammock below-deck, throws his quiver and bow onto his shoulder and rushes topside. A deep breath of the open air brings a smile to his face, which turns into a smirk as he looks out at the nearing vessel. "This should be fun," he tells himself cheerily as his green eyes shift their gaze to the rigging leading up to the crow's nest.
He greets the other man as he climbs into the nest before aiming his bow out toward the approaching ship.

With the two ships connected, Haruka watches as all the people below begin the dance of battle. He looses arrows at those who seem to be in an advantageous situation over his shipmates. Groups looking to overwhelm the invaders, individuals appearing confident, and especially others who are trying to go unnoticed. Those dancing not to the songs chosen by The Challenger are the ones he sees to...

Krennel
2010-02-13, 03:29 AM
Wulfstan begins to sing as his enemies explode around him. His hearty voice carries"Drink of the devil had done in the rest! Fifteen men on the dead mans chest! The mate was fixed with the bosun's pike and the bosun's brained on a marlin spike! And there they lay all good dead men! Like break o' day in a boozin' den! Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!"
Could this rally the crew?

Temotei
2010-02-15, 05:34 PM
Merchants die in waves from being smashed, cut, and pierced. Many of them jump off the ship before they're also killed. Several of your crew catch them before they fall, and just for satisfaction, gut them before they fall onto sharp rocks below.

One merchant is hiding poorly behind a crate on deck.

Hearing the ruckus outside, a rather large man bursts out of a door on the ship. He wears heavy armor and wields a vicious-looking longsword, serrated on one edge.

By the gods...pirates!

He rushes out to battle you, yelling words in a foreign language, swinging his blade in wide arcs.

OoC: For those wondering, I checked your languages to see if you understand him. You do not.

Kumori
2010-02-15, 05:51 PM
The newest threat seems to Haruka to be the biggest threat. Someone new, fully equiped and ready for battle, rushing into the thick of things with no hesitation? He needs to go down. Haruka aims his next arrow for him and lets it fly.

Attack roll: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]
From my crow's nest to his ship is too far for Point Blank Shot, but if I'm 30'+ above him, Plunging Shot adds [roll2] extra damage.

TheDivineWind
2010-02-15, 07:42 PM
Antigoray watches as the merchant ship's crew is quickly torn apart, giving little emotional expression in response. "Boring, boring, borin... Hellooooooo~" a grin spreads slowly across his face as the large burly individual emerges from the lower decks of the merchant ship.

Taking a few steps forward to the edge of the ship, "Let us see if he is truly without... terror." He raises his hands together in front of his face, forming a rough triangle with his fingers. For a short few seconds he doesn't move, then suddenly his eyes and mouth snap open and his arms shoot forward, as if bursting through an invisible wall. A vague cloud of energy bursts forward and impacts the defender, surely forming into an image of something that would strike fear into the heart of its victim.

*Will save DC = 16 (10(base)+1(spell level)+1(spell focus)+4(Int bonus))
(works only on 5HD and less)
[roll0] rounds frightened (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#frightened) (if save failed) or 1 round shaken (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#shaken) (if save made)*

Temotei
2010-02-15, 09:11 PM
Ken's initiative: [roll0]
Merchant initiative: [roll1]
Armored enemy initiative: [roll2]

The armored man yells out, then strikes forward with his blade against a nearby pirate. He slices through his heart, leaving the pirate bleeding on the deck.

Ken's arrow flies toward the man and hits, but seems to stop, cutting through the man's armor slightly. He pulls it out a moment later in a lapse of combat.

Antigoray's spell doesn't seem to affect the man. He looks at the conjuration before him, smiling, then moves toward a nearby pirate.

FlamingKobold
2010-02-15, 09:34 PM
Jack looks over at the fight on the other ship nonchalantly. However, when he sees the newest enemy run out, he grins and says to himself, "Looks like fun." Without running, he jumps over to the other ships mast and shoots the man with two pistols.

I don't know how far the ship is, but I think a jump check of [roll0] is sufficient. Then I use inhuman speed to move on top of a mast (But no more than 50 feet away from the guy).

[roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4]

TheDivineWind
2010-02-15, 11:20 PM
"Hrmmm..." Antigoray clicked his tongue in disapproval, his spell seemed to fizzle out as it washed over its target. "Well... lets try taking a bit of the fight out of him then... attero."

Antigoray reaches his arm forward and points a thin finger at the man. A pale beam of semi-solid, sickly glowing light fires forward from the tip of his finger, streaking towards its target.

Ranged Touch Attack:[roll0]
Strength Damage (no save): [roll1]
Duration 2 minutes

Krennel
2010-02-16, 01:14 AM
Wulfstan watches the heavily armored man come on deck and destroy a sailor. Instead of speaking to himself like a fool he works himself into a bloody fury, thinking of the time he found his little girl and wife slaughtered six months before.
He crosses the deck in three strides and lunges at his victim.
Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1], rage will last for nine rounds, eight for the next, also note intimidating rage directed at the enemy, page 94 of CW

Temotei
2010-02-16, 04:47 AM
Initiative order:

Armored enemy
Haruka
Antigoray
Wulfstan
Merchants
Jack

Antigoray's spell runs through the man's armor. His grip on his weapon loosens slightly and he slouches a bit before standing up straight and picking his weapon up with slightly less vigor.

Wulfstan's attack brings him eye-to-eye with the great-sized man before slicing into his thick armor. He grunts through the pain.

A few merchants, seeing the man come out from below the deck, are rallied enough to fight back more. Some of your crew start to get hit and cut, although no serious injuries are sustained except for those inflicted by the armored man.

Both bullets from Jack's pistols go wide of their target, but one does manage to pierce through a merchant's head, ending his life in a bloody, miserable, mess.

The armored man looks all around, assessing his situation. He sighs, then lifts his head to look at the barbaric creature fighting him.

I will fall knowing I may have saved lives--knowing I may have given others the time they need to escape. I will fall knowing I will have taken you with me, killer!

A serrated edge trailing white comes down on Wulfstan's shoulder, dishing out quite the wound.

OoC: FlamingKobold: Look in the out-of-character thread.

TheDivineWind
2010-02-16, 10:35 AM
Antigoray cackles to himself as his last spell takes hold and the man visibly weakens. He raises his other hand in a pistol shape and, as if drawing a pistol to fire, a icy blue ray bursts forward toward the same target.

Ray of Frost
Ranged Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Kumori
2010-02-16, 11:00 AM
Over the sounds of the ongoing battle, Haruka could barely make out the words of the large man. His mutters in response, but too quietly for those below to make out. Another arrow flies free from his bow, zipping towards it's weakening armoured target.

Attack roll: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

Krennel
2010-02-16, 11:27 AM
Wulfstan screams in the mans face, throwing bits a froth from his mouth into the mans eyes as he swings across his chest with Aegir's Might.
attack [roll0] damage [roll1] EDIT, Antigory, read the order of init, Haruka then you.

Temotei
2010-02-17, 12:32 AM
Important OoC note in response to Krennel: It doesn't matter what order you post in. That order is there for my reference and so you know that if someone gets taken down by an ally before your action, you can take it back and do something else.

The man is surprisingly deft in his heavy armor, dodging away from Haruka's arrow. The shaft is buried in the wood deck, splintering the wood into large chunks.

Antigoray's ray of frost flies toward the man--another spell sinking into his armor, wounding the large one. He turns toward the threat of the mage, eyes burning. Instead of charging Antigoray, however, he barks out orders to the merchant crew to go after "that bastard heretic."

Wulfstan's blow barely glances the man's armor, leaving a small dent.

The pirates of your crew continue to brutally maim the merchants. Three of them start flanking the big man, while another stays back with a pistol, aiming to fire straight into the melee. None of them hit for any real damage right away.

Merchants, many dying but some left over, follow the large man's order to attack the caster firing rays at him. They jump over to the opposing pirate deck, rallied by the man's resolve, and charge the mage. One hits Antigoray with a dagger to the side, causing a bit of blood to spill.

Wulfstan: Nine damage to Wulfstan from the big man's attack last round.

Antigoray: Two damage to Antigoray from a merchant dagger.

Krennel
2010-02-17, 01:05 AM
Enraged by the fact that the armored man has survived so many blows, Wulfstan screams and brings Aegir's might down upon him, using the distraction of his flanking friends to his advantage.
Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]. also, oky doky dungeony... mastery... This is why I'm not a bard ><, but my next char will be should I die

Kumori
2010-02-17, 01:19 AM
Haruka stamps he's foot on the floor of the crow's nest as his second arrow flies wide, the last traces of his excitement drained from his face. "ARGH! [expletive]! A complete miss!" He takes a deep breathe as he takes aim for another shot. "They need my help," he whispers, "Let this help to bring the foe down." He then sets the arrow free with a sigh.

Attack roll: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2]

TheDivineWind
2010-02-17, 10:22 AM
"Gah!" is about all Antigoray can manage as the merchant's dagger opens a red gash in his side. He shifts into a defensive position, allowing him to protect his soft soft mage body and takes up the quarterstaff that had been leaning against the railing just before.

Readying himself, he takes a swing at the nearest merchant.

Melee attack with -4 for defensive fighting [roll0]
2-handed quarterstaff damage [roll1]

Alternative lolz action:
Casting Mage hand and de-testical one of the merchents. 5lbs of force is a lot, but it depends on what you consider "unattended" :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2010-02-20, 01:21 AM
Jack falls asleep mid-battle, landing with a comedic heap in the middle of a group of merchants. He knocks two of them off the ship into hostile water.

The armored man, seeing the carnage, decides to play it a bit safer. He moves quickly back and you see him raise a finger to the great wound from Wulfstan's greatsword. White sparks follow his finger down to the deep tear in the skin and muscle, restoring the strength to that part of his body and healing the wound.

Haruka's arrow shaft runs straight through the man's armor, piercing his shoulder and part of his chest.

Antigoray readies his quarterstaff defensively, unfortunately smacking himself in the back of the head while winding up.

Wulfstan's great blow deals another hit to the man in shining armor, opening the wound dealt before again.

The merchants laugh at Antigoray's poor show of combat prowess, swinging their own attacks at him in their own poor attempts at melee attacks. All miss by a country mile.

Jack continues to snore on deck.

The armored man, knowing he would die before any more help could come, tries to deal his last blows against Wulfstan. His desperate swing creates a bruise on Wulfstan's shoulder, but the barbarian's agility gets him out of the way in time to avoid serious damage.

Antigoray: No damage dealt to yourself, although your pride may be wounded.

Wulfstan: No damage taken.

Jack: You are sleeping, which essentially renders you useless.

OoC: I know vampires and such don't really have to sleep, but you have to admit, this is kind of funny.

Krennel
2010-02-20, 03:35 PM
"Give up!" Wulstan screams, bringing his sword crashing down where the arrow pierced armor moments before.
attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] forgot to add the plus 9 for the str bonus dmg. (mod to +6, 2 handed weapon makes it +3 for 9)

TheDivineWind
2010-02-20, 08:14 PM
Antigoray, busy with making sure his supple body didn't become hamburger, takes another swing at his opponents.

To hit:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]

Kumori
2010-02-21, 01:33 AM
(No time to come up with fluff right now, sorry)

Haruka fires off another arrow at the armored man.

To hit: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Temotei
2010-02-21, 03:55 PM
Haruka's arrow shoots through the air and the man's head. He looks up for a moment, surprised, then falls to the ground. The merchants panic when they see their champion bodyguard leave them.

Antigoray's swing with his big stick smacks a merchant across the face, knocking him out. Two merchants back off when they look over and see the armored man fall. The fourth merchant still fights back, picking up the dagger off his fallen comrade (provokes attack of opportunity) and swinging it wildly at Antigoray. The unskilled opponent fails miserably.

Jack gets punched while sleeping, but stays on the deck, snoring.

OoC: Wulfstan can beat on the body of the armored man, but that's probably not what you want to do, I imagine. Post again or post in the out of character thread that you want to beat on the body.

TheDivineWind
2010-02-21, 05:41 PM
The first merchant went down well enough. Reveling in the satisfaction that he put the staff to him, Antigoray shifts out of his defensive position and his eyes move to the next fellow in mid-reach for the first merchant's dagger.

"Awww hell naw!"

AoO:
To hit:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]
Standard Attack:
To hit:[roll2] Damage:[roll3]

Krennel
2010-02-22, 12:47 AM
Wulfstan swings into the rigging as his enemy falls. Realizing the fight is almost over, he looks around for a new target, but winds up just attacking the rigging in anger.

Kumori
2010-02-25, 02:55 PM
"Ha HA! Gotcha! Alright, and next we have... you!" The armored man going down brings a sizable grin to Haruka's face as he searches out his next target, quickly deciding on a still fighting merchant.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

Krennel
2010-02-25, 06:51 PM
Having hacked the rigging to pieces the second before, Wulfstan tears off into the belly of the ship to kill anything else that may be there. this is the actual actions for this round, the last was replacing his action of attacking the big man

Temotei
2010-02-25, 11:24 PM
Haruka is on a roll! The arrow he shoots pierces the air with a whistling, shrill noise, ending with a crack as it pierces a merchant's sternum, breaking it in half. He looks down in fear and great pain, screams, and falls backward over the edge of the merchant vessel.

Antigoray's swing with the quarterstaff again connects, smacking the merchant hard enough to make him think twice. He finishes his action of grabbing for the dagger, but instead of wielding it against the mage, he turns his back to run away to his own group. As he does so, the unlikely staff-wielder bashes him in the spine, cracking him on the back of the neck. He drops to the ground, not even breathing.

Wulfstan's swing into the rigging snaps something. Looking above shows that the mast is now slightly tilted. A strong wind buffets Wulfstan, as if telling him to stop.

Tearing up the boards on the deck, Wulfstan can see a room below holding nothing but a single brown-edged mirror. Running along the brown wood are lines of gold, and inside those lines are small, sparkling dots of silver-blue. A small bit of the room on the opposite corner is hidden from view. No sentient beings are apparently in the room.

Jack gets kicked to the side of the ship by one remaining merchant, dangerously close to falling off.

Two active battling merchants remain. One has his hands up. The rest are either dead, dying, or hiding.

TheDivineWind
2010-02-26, 06:52 PM
Antigoray watches as a merchant runs his boot into his shipmate's side. Hmmmm, it wouldn't be very useful if we lost people. Suppose I should do something about it...

"Well then." Antigoray raises his hand and points at the back of the merchant, focusing his will into a blast of icy air.

To Hit: [roll0] Damage:[roll1]

C'moooon crit! >.</

Krennel
2010-02-27, 12:35 AM
Wulfstan grabs the nearest merchant and throws him off the ship for fun.
grapple[roll0]

Kumori
2010-02-27, 01:24 AM
With a smirk on his face after having taken out two of the enemy, Haruka draws his next arrow, but doesn't fire. Seeing Antigoray beginning to cast, he instead chooses to wait. Delaying until he sees how the spell goes, and scanning for other threats.

Delay action until after Antigoray. If his spell doesn't end the merchant I shoot him, otherwise I ready an attack against anyone else threatenning a pirate.

Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Temotei
2010-02-28, 02:25 PM
Antigoray's frost ray blows into the merchant's back, stopping him. He looks back at the mage unexpectedly with a pitiful, run-down face, then jumps off. You hear something along the lines of "better luck down there." Haruka's arrow intercepts, however, ending his life before he even hits the raging water.

A sloshing noise comes from below--perhaps from the sea or below deck (it's unclear).

Wulfstan's grab at the merchant doesn't even allow him to hold on. As he reaches to grab the merchant's clothing, he instead tears right through his heart, then as he starts to throw it, tears through the man's head, leaving matter of all types on the deck in a messy heap.

The other battling merchant, seeing the gruesome death of his friend, decides the most prudent course of action is to die his way. He spins his dagger around and plunges it deep into his sternum.

Few merchants remain. Much blood stains the deck. Jack is still sleeping.

Kumori
2010-02-28, 02:53 PM
With the larger part of the battle seemingly coming to a close, Haruka decides it's finally time to move to the other ship. He smoothly climbs down from the crow's nest before crossing to the other ship and, with his bow ready to strike, searches out any valuables that remain on deck.

Krennel
2010-02-28, 04:49 PM
Wulfstan drops through the deck. he quickly surveys the room.

TheDivineWind
2010-02-28, 08:56 PM
Antigoray surveys the settled battlefield and a sly grin spreads across his face. "Ahhh, a job well do..." an odd sloshing noise eminates from the other ship.

Antigoray frowns and walks to the edge of the deck and peeks along the hulls of the merchant and pirate ships, inspecting them for whatever may be causing the noise.

Search check: [roll0]

If there is nothing wrong, Antigoray steps across the gangplank and onto the ship to look for magical goodies, allowing the cannon fod... his allies to lead the way.

Possible second search check: [roll1]

Temotei
2010-03-03, 07:12 PM
Haruka gets a splinter on the way down. Someone on the ship has apparently been scratching their back on the mast, slowly wearing it down. On the other ship, he finds the many bodies of merchants, but most of them have nothing but their clothing. A few have their weapons nearby. One has a bulge in his shirt near the chest--there's a pocket up there.

Antigoray: Your search leads to finding two small emerald spots in the water below. They disappear a moment later, but the water acts oddly, as if someone was swimming just underneath the surface. You see nothing otherwise.

You also notice the wind picking up suddenly.

Wulfstan: You see another mirror, just like the one you saw before, when you jump down into the room. Inside the gold lines, instead of silver-blue, is a deep red, almost like blood. The room has a door (closed), but is otherwise featureless.

Jack stirs a little, but doesn't wake up from his deep slumber.

TheDivineWind
2010-03-04, 12:34 AM
"Something is in the water! At least two!"

Antigoray hurries across the ship and approaches his superior, sliding his staff down the back of his cloak and drawing his crossbow as he moves.

"Sir, there may be something in the water. I just saw the tail end of them as they dived underneath the ships. How should we proceed?"

Kumori
2010-03-04, 01:02 AM
Hearing Antigoray's call, Haruka quickly finishes with his search on deck, snatching and pocketing whatever was in the man's shirt without paying attention to what it is. There's time for that later. Rushing over to Antigoray, he peers down the shaft of another arrow, nocked preemptively in his bow. "Where?" he asks worriedly as he gazes into the sea.

Krennel
2010-03-06, 04:24 AM
Wulfstan cries out and kicks down the door in a rage.

Temotei
2010-03-06, 12:58 PM
Wulfstan: The door's hinges go flying out, leaving small indents in the walls and floor of the hallway you now find yourself in. There is one other room across from you, its door also on the floor. It seems as if they fell at the same time. Looking back, one of the mirrors in the previous room has disappeared, only to be replaced by one in the next one. They now face each other. The way out is to your right, where stairs spiral up to the deck.
OoC: Are you actually in a rage, or is that just fluff?
Antigoray: The wind dies down, then picks up again to an extreme height.
Spot check DC 13 for Haruka: You feel a moderate breeze, but Antigoray's robe is swishing wildly, as if wind was blowing extremely hard.
Spot check DC 17 for Haruka: Looking into the waters beneath the ships, you can see only water and an emerald spot in the water. It quickly disappears after you see it.
Spot check DC 15 for Antigoray: The crazy wind on you seems to not affect Haruka as much. Your robes are flying all over, but his clothing is hardly moving.
Above deck: Acknowledging Haruka's question, Rugo asks a different one. What kind of creatures?

Note: One Spot check is all you need.

Kumori
2010-03-07, 02:59 AM
Spot: [roll0] my post is too short...

Krennel
2010-03-07, 05:43 PM
OOC: yeah, for another turn I believe.
Wulfstan runs up on deck and yells " LOOK WHAT I FOUND!" before collapsing to the deck in exhaustion.

TheDivineWind
2010-03-09, 09:33 PM
The winds increased sharply and suddenly around Antigoray. He glanced over to the sails of the other ship, and notices the lack of fluttering in them, then his eyes slide slowly back to Rugo.

"So... Like I was saying. Not over."

Spellcraft check to determine what I can about the effect.
[roll0]

Temotei
2010-03-28, 02:01 PM
Spellcraft Result for Antigoray: You know the effect isn't natural. Something about it belies that it's not a spell, however.

Rugo moves forward, ignoring Wulfstan. When he passes by Antigoray, the wind blows hard, but after, there doesn't seem to be any wind on him.

...that's odd.

He doesn't, however, stop to attempt to find out what it is. Edging slowly to the side of the deck, he looks over, only to be hit violently by a rising whirlpool. It sucks him into the water. The emerald spots are in the whirlpool, seeming to stare at Ken and Antigoray.

Krennel
2010-03-28, 08:48 PM
Wulfstan pulls himself up off the deck, leaning heavily on his sword.
"What's going on guys?"

Kumori
2010-03-29, 04:33 PM
"MAN OVERBOARD!" Ken shouts, "Rugo's caught in a whirlpool!" He looks about to find some rope. If he finds rope, he rushes over to grab it, otherwise he calls for someone to bring rope.

Spot to find any usable rope lying about on the unfamiliar ship: [roll0]

Temotei
2010-03-29, 10:52 PM
There is a rope ladder to the crow's nest nearby. Loose rope is lying on the deck fifteen feet away.

You see a bolt of lightning fly up from the sea where you saw Rugo go down.

TheDivineWind
2010-03-30, 01:11 PM
Antigoray watches in stunned silence as the seemingly living whirlpool lifted itself to the side of the ship's deck. Snapping out of his shock, he stammers to action.

"R-Rugo is in there! I think it's an elemental!"

Looking around for options, Antigoray scans the ship and lands on the far end of the ship. "...maybe..." he runs for the ship's wheel and spins it hard, aiming to slide the ship into the water spout in an attempt to cut off the thing holding Rugo with the ocean.

If the wheel is attended by anyone, I rather make the suggestion to ram the ship into the spout, either as a command or a suggestion depending on who is at the wheel.

Temotei
2010-03-30, 04:04 PM
The merchant vessel's response is clumsy--that of an old, creaky ship. The wheel eventually moves the big boat though, sending it careening into the side of the whirlpool, and therefore, Rugo. The electricity-spewing mage goes flying off into the distant water behind a rock formation.

The whirlpool's eyes turn on the ship, angry to have lost its prey, perhaps. However, it retreats. You see the emerald eyes go under the ship. The vessel slows to a crawl.

The wind around Antigoray picks up again, actually buffeting him into the side of a mast painfully. A pair of glowing purple orbs appear in the air in front of him, then disappear as the thing flies off. It seems more tangible than wind now--you can see it with effort.

To see creature every round: Spot DC 9.

Antigoray: 2 damage.

Krennel
2010-03-31, 11:11 PM
Who just went where now?
Wulfstan is really confused by this turn of events, or more appropriately, who this affects.

Kumori
2010-04-13, 12:40 AM
Seeing nobody closer, Ken rushes to gather the rope that may be used to save his shipmate. "It's Rugo!" he shouts out to Wulfstan, "He's been pulled overboard! Something has him! Returning to the edge of the vessel, Ken looks for any sign of Rugo, preparing to toss the rope in to be Rugo's lifeline.

Spot:[roll0]

Temotei
2010-04-13, 12:44 AM
OoC:
Spot:(1d20+5)[6]

Whoo! Six! Nice natural one. :smalltongue:

Haruka's efforts at a search are futile. No sounds from the mage issue from behind rocks, beneath water, or anything. No magic is appearing.