PDA

View Full Version : Sand Sicon help

Ezren
2010-02-13, 09:49 AM
Hi, with all the smart pp here in the gitp, l wanted to get some in put on a template that l am trying to make. l was thinking about this being a class but after thinking about it the ldea of it being a template sounds a lot bet to me.

Idea: I.E sand user/sand controller someone who through the force of his will can control sand to attack and defend and cast a number of spells with the sand he can control.

Template: Sand Sicon

Hit Dice
Speed
Size and Type
Armor Class
Attack
Full Attack
Damage
Special Attack
- Anamate Sand*
- Spell Like Abilites
Special Qualities
- Shield of Sand**
Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows:
Str +?, Dex +?, Con +?, Int +?, Wis +?, Cha +?.
Skills
Organization
Challenge Rating
Alignment
Level Adjustment
Treasure
================================================== =================
HD Abilities
1-2 Weapon of Sand***
3-4 Control Sand, Storm Mote
5-6 Blast of Sand, Fuse Sand, Slip Sand
7-8 Wall of Sand, Whispering Sand
9-10 SandForm
11-12 Flaywind Burst
13-14 Transmute Sand to Stone, Transmute Stone to Sand
15-16 Sandstorm
17-18 Awaken Sand
19-20 Summon Desrt Ally IX
================================================== =================
Notes:
*Anamate Sand - Awaken Sand
As spell but you have full control of sand thus you can attack with it, Anamate Sand affects all sand in a 50ft (+10ft per level) range only, The Sand Sicon can use any of its Spell Like Abilites with the sand, rather than itself, as the source, much as a wizard can deliver touch attacks through their familiars.

**Shield of Sand - Halo Of Sand
As spell but permant

***Weapon of Sand - Scimitar of Sand
As spell but can make any non-moveing part weapon

All spells can be found in WotC Sandstorm

As you can see the Template is very broken and l need lots of help with it so if anyone out there can help me with some pointers and tips l would be very grateful with my first peace of rpg work. :smallredface:

Jota
2010-02-13, 02:31 PM
First, I think you mean 'scion,' and second, I would suggest using the phrenic creature template (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/SRD:Phrenic_Creature) as an outline, since it seems rather similar to what you are trying to do.

Hyooz
2010-02-13, 03:59 PM
I'd also look into the Sand Shaper PrC in the same book most of your spells are coming from. Something like this is going to require such a LA that you might as well just have people take levels in Sand Shaper instead.