PDA

View Full Version : Satellite TV In the Playground

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-02-13, 04:55 PM
Ok, though I'm primarily a writer I've been an installer, troubleshooter and repairman for Dish Network for a couple years now.

I'm a disgruntled employee to put it mildly and instead of paying money to have us come out and fix it, I suggest you just ask here any problems you may have. I give it free so you don't have to pay. Just my little way of sticking it to the man :smallcool:

Solaris
2010-02-15, 04:22 AM
... Where were you when we were trying to unfustercluck the MWR's ten-year-old dish back in Diyala?

Out of curiosity, how many service calls could a customer really take care of himself with just a little bit of know-how?

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-02-15, 05:19 AM
Out of curiosity, how many service calls could a customer really take care of himself with just a little bit of know-how?
I'd say a good 50% at the very least. Basically they have a piece of paper to read off of. If the problem doesn't automatically fix itself after reading it they send a tech.

Some are just because it's easier to send someone out than do the paperwork. Went to a house one time where they were like, 'TV is fine, but I forgot how to use my VCR'. You know the customer service wasn't paying one bit of attention to allow that through.