PDA

View Full Version : Fiends in Taruisus [IC]

Pages : [1] 2

Dragero
2010-02-13, 07:58 PM
Players:

Omlo Merkman, a Halfling Wizard, played by VinGoodman.

Vanguard Attoman, a Human Rogue, played by ZombieGenesis.

Duana Underbough, a Halfling Rogue, Played by Diabhan. **Note: Currently not with party**

Alexis, an Elven Druid, played by Whoiam.

And finnaly, Raston Arontha Lees, a Human Cleric, played by Saudade56

---------------------------------------------------

"Stupid Bloody Crate won`t open!! Probably put together by an Elf!" Spat Fordan Greeman, a human city gaurd of the city Taruisus, as he tryed to pry open a wooden crate of flyers from the king. After giving it one last mighty whack with his crowbar, he sat back down in his gaurd chair under the great lightly blue tinted walls of the capital of Tarnis. Fordan`s job was to make sure no suspicous characters got into the town, not to open boxes! As he looked to the north, he noticed a group of figures siloheted against the morning sun. A few minutes later, an Elf, two Humans, and a halfling where standing just 5 meters (4ish yards?) away from him. They where an odd sort, probably a group of adventurers looking to makes some profit in this town.

"Oyye! Whats your reason for coming to Taruisus?" He yells at you..........

**SO BEGINS THE GREAT ADVENTURE!!!!**

The OOC thread:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141889

The Old recruitment thread :http://www.giantitp.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=7843438

Character sheets
VinGoodman's char: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184189

ZombieGenesis's char: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184190

Diabhan's char: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184211

Saudade56's char: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184385

Whoiam's char: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=155957

Map of the know world:
http://i42.tinypic.com/r7otv7.jpg

Saudade56
2010-02-13, 10:14 PM
In the distance Taruisis had looked like a shining bluish gem, the sunlight striking the walls of the city in such a way as to make it glow. As Raston and his companions drew closer to their destination he was no less awed than before, the walls were enormous. He had been to the capital in his youth with his father, some meeting of state or another. He only could recall the enormity of the city, a greatness to it that other cities- no matter how impressive, couldn't compare.

While approaching the gates he sees in the distance a man, struggling with a box. The box wasn't impressive yet, despite it's lack of craftsmanship, the box wouldn't pry open. Raston chuckles to himself as he and his companions approach, the man's grunts and curses traveling the distance toward his band. The man winds up and gives the box one last thunk with a loud grunt and plops back into his chair.

We've arrived my friends, what do you three say about getting a drink when we pass through the gates? I could use a refresher from the journey and maybe we could find out what's happening within the city?

Raston stops a few yards from the box man at the sound of his shout. The man certainly could be more polite to four strangers. Politely Raston responds, holding back the urge to charm the man to ensure a proper response.

Hello good sir, my name is Raston Lees, Advocate of Semhidat and friend to these three.

Raston gestures to the other three while brandishing his holy symbol. He decides to omit his Noble name, not wanting to bring undue attention to himself nor to his family. It's generally the bastards that travel, not the pure bloods.

I wonder good sir if there is any news from within the city. We've come looking for work and don't intend to turn back. I've not had good drink or food in days and would like to rectify that. Is there anything happening within the city to warrant the need for a gatesman?

((OOC: Diplomacy Roll [roll0], if needed))

whoiam
2010-02-13, 11:40 PM
Alexis

"I liked the trail meat." Alexis, it seems, was happy eating animals that the rest of the party had never heard of, let alone learned how to cook. Luckily Alexis *could* cook... but she had to admit that brushing up on human tastes would probably reduce friction the next time they were trying to eat game.

Fun as such reminisces were, eventually Alexis had to snap out of them, step out from behind Raston, and face the guard. Then she (quietly) adds her confirmation to Raston's tale. "Hunger brings us to Taruisus. Specifically, the hunger we would be feeling had we not come."

Dragero
2010-02-14, 09:17 AM
The Gaurd turns to Raston, "Aye, somthing big has indeed happened! Don`t quite know the details, but apparently somebody made an atempt on the kings life! In this crate is probably some new decleration from the king, probably about a new curfeiw or some junk. Would one of you mind lending a hand to open the crate?" He offers the crowbar to the group.

**If trying open the box, make a strength check**

VinGoodman
2010-02-14, 02:12 PM
Omlo hesitates a moment, "I think we can help." He looks to Raston expectantly.

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-14, 02:48 PM
Vanguard Attoman glanced to the crate that lay by the guards feet, at a glance knowing their best bet laid with someone of a broader stature than himself, but all the same feeling more inclined towards other matters. Drawing the raven hood back from his face the human revealed himself to be unshaven though fine enough in composure it could be forgiven. Retrieving the dwarven crafted flask from his robes, which he then found to be empty, the rogue gave a tense glance towards the seemingly undisturbed guardsmen.
"An attempt on the life of the King? That is quite a change of circumstances, no small wonder he aims to add new laws. I wonder if it was wise to arrive when we did..." Vanguard had never visited this city before, and so his understanding of the Kings methods were slim. For someone to take a step as daring as assassination, it would have either been extremely just, or quite the opposite...
"I should assume most other authorities are deep into the matter already?"

Dragero
2010-02-14, 03:04 PM
"Yes" The gaurd replies, "we have almost 75% of our forces trying to track down the perpirators. The king won't talk much about that night, exept for the fact that a human, a halfling, and some kind of very slim creature made their way into his bedchambers, he's still unsure how they got in. His windows where locked and unbroken, his doors where gaurded, and there was no traces of magic. He was lucky to escape the room with only a minor wound to his leg."

"Now if you don't mind..." The gaurd picks up his crowbar and returns to work on the box, grunting as he tries to force the thing open.

Saudade56
2010-02-14, 10:25 PM
Raston watches the man heft his crowbar again, in vain it seems.

Take a break my friend, I'll make an attempt at the box if you don't mind.

Raston takes the crowbar in his hands and steadies himself. While comical, he'd prefer to take the box out without much struggle.

Here it goes he mutters to himself.

[roll0]

Dragero
2010-02-15, 09:22 AM
The box slowly but surely opens at rastons mighty pull! Inside are hundreds of sheets of paper.

The Gaurd grabs one, "Hmmmph. This is odd...." He hands each of you a sheet, it reads:

WANTED:

Strong Hardy men and women! Due to recent events, the Brownings Bakery is hiring personel to keep theives away from the bakery. All interested please come to Brownings Bakery to apply. Be sure to have weapons in hand!

Decent pay of course!

"This box bore the royal seal," the gaurd says, pointing to a picture of a lion attacking a lamb, "and yet it is simply a destressed baker, asking for gaurds....."

VinGoodman
2010-02-15, 01:14 PM
Omlo scratches his head at the mix-up, and looks at his overworn boots. "Well, a few thieves at a bakery may be easier to deal with than people ready to take on a king and his kingdom. Gold is gold, and we can still make our name for solving someone's problem. What do you all think?" As he finishes, he sneaks looks up, wondering what his comrades will think of his suggestion.

whoiam
2010-02-15, 01:20 PM
Alexis
"It pays, so I will do it." Good cookbooks cost money, after all. A little like Omlo, Alexis isn't looking at the others as she states her position - just glancing around, mainly. The reason for this is clear: It's a city. It's really the first time she's been in one. As a practicing Druid, she felt rather like she'd just walked into the nine hells to find they were holding a bake sale and wanted her to try the fairy cakes.

Dragero
2010-02-16, 04:19 PM
"Hmm thats good. If you seem to notice any suspisioce looking people at the bakery, report them to us right away!" The guard says, ploping back into his chair.

Saudade56
2010-02-16, 04:19 PM
Well... a bakery isn't exactly what I expected. There may be more to the bakery than meets the eye though, sometimes escape tunnels from palaces run into the most unassuming of places. Or it could be a bakery. Either way I could use a butter roll.

Raston feels a pang of guilt as he speaks. He had heard his druid companion mumble to herself. He looks back from the box to find Alexis practically wide eyed with discomfort. Of course she probably thinks shes being unassuming shifting her gaze and avoiding other peoples eyes but when all of your looks are directed at the walls of the city, the biggest in Tarnis nonetheless, it makes it a little more obvious.

By the way Alexis, your food on the road was wonderful. Except for the stuff you said was rabbit, which I still think you were lying about, your cooking was great. It was more the variety that I missed. Plus I ran out of apple extract days ago and you know how I feel about my apple wine.

Not satisfied, he decides to comfort her,

Also, don't worry so much. It's just a city, a city that could probably use a druid like you. The apprehension is written all over that pretty face of yours. We'll be alright. Plus, I'm sure you could show this bakery a thing or two about cooking.

He smiles at her and turns toward the rest of the group.

But regardless it seems they're willing to pay and we could use the money. Making a name for ourselves is certainly an added bonus. And I would like to see what I can do for the people in this city, I'm sure there will be much need for an Advocate. What say we head to this bakery and see what we can do?

Plus, if he finds that any of his Penitents to not be worthy of what they have he wont hesitate sending Vanguard to relieve them of their burdens. Sometimes it's not what you have but what you don't have. He turns to Gateman.

Guardsman, is there anything we need to do to enter the city or are we free to enter?

Dragero
2010-02-16, 04:24 PM
"It normaly cost 5 copper to enter, but seeing as you helped me with the box, it's free for you!"

Saudade56
2010-02-16, 04:27 PM
Then lets head to the bakery. Butter rolls here I come. Ready to move out everyone?

whoiam
2010-02-16, 04:58 PM
Just a quiet nod.

That WAS a rabbit! The roots I stewed it with were a touch strong, though. Maybe I should have gone with a weaker flavour... Humans and Halflings, you can never tell how their tastes are going to run. It would have been a nice touch, him noticing how ill at ease I am here... if I hadn't been hoping to keep it hidden. Damn.

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-16, 09:24 PM
"Well said, Captain. I think it's time we got aquainted with our new host province." Vanguard often reffered to Raston as the group 'captain', both as a habit of his days aboard a ship, and for the cleric's tendency to flow into the leader role. Vanguard himself wasn't much of an up-front chap despite his social prowess, since he mostly used his charms for the sake of advantage. "For all we know, the good King might have decided to switch places with a humble baker. A daft measure perhaps but I've heard worse stories coming out of such cities before... Simspire's shemale duke comes to mind."

Hitching his bag across his shoulder the rogue looked down at the fliars in the rate, it was certainly an odd request, but beggars could not be choosers and unfortunatly they were the light-pursed new arrivals to the area.
"Whatever the case, let's not keep the people waiting. I want us signed up before dusk, so we might get a good look at the city. I've heard there are quite a few nobles in the larger settlements."

Dragero
2010-02-18, 07:46 AM
"Have a good stay!" the guard yell as you pass through the great gates.

Walking through the city is like walking through chaos! Everyone around you is going somewhere or doing something. Bards are putting on shows, stores are selling fine silks, gold, weapons, and even more! The sound of people talking is a neverending noise. To 4 people who where out in the forest for a few months this is all too much for their senses. You retreat into a back ally, and wander around until you return to almost the same spot again a while later.

You realize you never asked were the bakery is......

whoiam
2010-02-18, 08:06 AM
...a thought that hadn't made its way into Alexis' mind yet, for one very simple reason: To her eyes, it *all* looked the same. She could look at an expanse of trees and near-instantly tell where she was in the forest, but in this alien and inhospitable environment, it all looked the same.

It is the downside of being new to such a place. Even with instructions she would likely have been lost.

Still, all was not bad. The others were more used to civilization than she was. All she had to do was follow them...

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 10:25 AM
Omlo berates himself, "I should've asked for directions first. What was I thinking?" He looks for vendors to talk to, and tries to get directions to the Brownings Bakery.

Dragero
2010-02-18, 04:02 PM
Around him Olmo(and the others) can see: a group of bards playing music with an exited crowd listening,some stalls selling exotic items, a few nearby houses, and a few men and women walking towards some other place.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 04:29 PM
Omlo tries the folks at the various stall, in as polite a manner as possible, "Er, excuse me, but we're trying to find the Brownings Bakery. Do you know of the bakery, and can you direct us to it?"

Dragero
2010-02-18, 05:31 PM
"Ahhh yeeess ze 'rowningz! Zey are slightly down zis road!" The accented stall-keeper says "Try zeir 'utterrolls! By ze way, would you be interested in 'uying some shruken kobolb 'eads? Zey bring good 'uck! Only 5 gold each!"

Saudade56
2010-02-18, 05:50 PM
Raston sighs to himself as he wades through the city streets, streets utterly packed with people of all kinds. Had he seen a goblin a few streets back? Probably just a dirty halfling. He glances down at Omlo as if the halfling could read his mind. No offense.

Of course Raston had assumed, wrongly of course, that the bakery would be nearby or easy to find. Walk into a pub, talk to some people, grab a drink. The usual. Wrong.

The city didn't bother him so much though, it's larger than what he'd been used to but that was alright. Irritation certainly was mounting with the group though. He noticed Alexis had withdrawn into herself quite some time ago, since he's known her she's been like that, more willing to close off than share even a bit of herself to others. He often hoped she would open up, if just a little. It's in his own nature as well as his faiths to talk to people.

Omlo wasn't much better most of the time. He hadn't gotten a good read on the wizard to be sure though despite the time they've traveled together.

Of course walking aimlessly down streets for half an eternity can crumble any man's patient exterior. It certainly had his own and Omlo was no exception. He catches his companion berating himself. He pats the Halfling on the shoulder as the latter makes his way toward some vendors.

Vanguard, however, was normally... where did he go? Ah... well, he has a penchant for doing that.

Hoping to cover more ground, Raston looks around and sees a band of bards as well as a few vendors. Not wanting to get roped into buying anything nor waiting for the music to end he catches some people move off in different directions. He could use some one on one time with someone.

Hey everyone, I'm going to go try some of those people over there. I'll meet you back over here in a little bit. Vanguard, only if they're wealthy ok?

He wasn't sure if the ex-trader could hear him, one can only hope. He makes his way over to the stray people and asks,

Would any of you know where Browning's Bakery might be? My companions and I have lost our way in the city and are expected at the bakery soon.

Better to not mention the lack of foresight. It's better not to make a name for our adventuring group as the group who forgets to ask for directions.

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-18, 08:47 PM
As Raston bid his wishes an inconspicuous form nodded its head out of view. Vanguard was some paces to the east, inspecting the bounty that the oddities traders had in stock upon their stalls, trailing his eyes across them and wondering at each interval what he might find, and where such strange accessories had come from.

The group seemed a little distracted by this point, but that was understandable, since the city was a bustle and they had nigh entered such an establishment in quite a time, and for some- never before. Attoman himself had missed the sights and sounds of urbania, always craving the taste that could only be found in established settlements. The buildings, littered with bannisters and window ledges, the streets singing to the music of heavy purses, and the smells of metals and meals alike. The bakery was far from the first thing on his mind at this point, an unfortunate trait of a magpie being their inability to remain focused when objects of interest lingered nearby. Gesturing across the stall he asked in the most coloquial voice he could muster; "What might you have here today, for a humble collector of the unique and unusual?"
Of course Attoman's own purse was rather light at this point, but it was always beneficial to pin-point the top dogs of a cities vendors. Besides, this was a new world after so long in the rural areas, one never knows what they might find lying around.

Appreciating that his allies would be quick to locate the target, the rogue decided to indulge himself. Knowing his slight of hand and personal skills to be quite capable, he was sure they would arrive in the bakery- at least a few worthwhile objects heavier. Still, Alexis was always onto him to keep his hands to himself, and he certainly wouldn't want to increase her tension further by luring in the guards...

Dragero
2010-02-19, 03:50 PM
To Vanguard:

"Hmm odd and unusual things you say? I have many with me" The vendor reaches under the counter and pulls out a small golden ring. It is fairly plain, exept for a few runes carved around the edges. "This ring was owned by King Bathun the 7th of Asnarn. It gave him great luck in battle, he never lost one. Go on, try it on if you like."

----

To Raston:

Many people ignore you as you ask for directions, but some people give you a look, and point to the same direction Olmo's merchant pointed to. On lady tosses a copper piece at you....you must look like a begger!

Saudade56
2010-02-19, 04:49 PM
Thank you ma'am...

Ah... well it appears that I need a shave then. Lucky copper piece it seems. He smiles to himself as he pockets the copper.

He makes his way back toward Omlo, feeling a bit useless and dirty after being ignored and thrown his new favorite lucky copper piece. It was worth it. He really needed a bath.

He walks back up to Omlo, hoping the halfling had received more concrete directions than a point. Raston nods to the merchant as he walks up to his companion.

Well I got a point and a copper coin thrown at me. How have you fared? If you've gotten some directions we should get the other two and head toward the bakery before it gets dark.

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-19, 05:37 PM
A Kings lucky golden ring? Now that was exactly the kind of treasure that put the gleam behind the rogues eyes, bound by intrigue he didn't immediatly think to ask how a merchant could have obtained such a rarity. If the man was being honest then it was certainly the most historical and valuable among his featured inventory.
"Oh, well mighty kind of you sir." Accepting the ring Vanguard swept a skeptical eye upon it. Before putting it on the young man took a moment to inspect it- for one thing it seemed too good to be true, for a second the likelihood of a trader surrendering something so precious without concern was... unlikely. Vanguard was a novice in any form of appreciation, since he tended to take shiny things at face value, but he gave it a short all the same.

Appraise Check: [roll0]

Dragero
2010-02-19, 05:46 PM
The ring appears to be worth a lot...much more than you would be able to afford.....Around 2000-5000 Gold you think.

As the ring slips onto your finger, you feel a sudden surge of energy course through your body. You begin to feel like your the luckyest man in Taruisus, possibly the whole world! You feel like this ring was made for YOU! You cannot be complete without this ring, it finishes you! You must obtain the ring, no matter what the cost.

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-19, 08:08 PM
[OOC: Doesn't make me invisible too by any chance, does it? :smallwink: ]

As the small golden ring slipped perfectly on Vanguard's finger it's influence came through in a surge. It was more than just a trinket of good fortune, he could tell that immediatly, a sensation he could scarcely describe as being... invulnerable, to anything he might face. Staring upon it's shining surface and the detailed runes on its face, he muttered under his breath;"Well now, this certainly is something isn't it?" Realising by the second that the real world still existed around him, Vanguard clenched his fist and looked with a casual charming smile upon the vendor. "Yes... I do think this ring would do me nicely. That is-"
With his best voice of curious intention he inquired-
"How much are you asking for this ring?"

Dragero
2010-02-19, 08:37 PM
"Seeing as how attached you are to this ring, I`ll make you a deal:

1200 Gold for that lovely ring."

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-19, 09:02 PM
Cursing the asking price in the back of his mind Vanguard maintained his composure, the ring now weighing quite heavily on his hand at the thought of taking it off. For whatever reason he knew there must be a loop-hole in this situation that would allow him to make a profitable escape, and not have to hand over the lovely golden piece. The salesman was trusting, that much he could use to his advantage, though as much as he knew this was outright distasteful he could see no other option- handing back the ring, had not even occured to his mind.
Lifting his hand from his hip the shimmer of gold shows clearly between his fingers, nodding his head and giving a regretful shrug to the store holder, Vanguard said, "Too rich for my humble blood, I suppose." Before flipping the golden item into the air recklessly towards the storehand.

[ Making an elaborate attempt here. Vanguard attempts to swap the ring in his hand with a gold coin he just took from his pocket, flinging it at the merchant so he can make a quick escape and try to hide in with the crowd. What 'Sleight of Hand' and 'Hide' DC would this call for? If possible ]

Saudade56
2010-02-19, 09:44 PM
Raston realizes that he hasn't seen Vanguard in quite some time. Assuming that his "trader" friend has gotten himself into something unpleasant if he hasn't found his way back by now he searches the crowd for signs of the rogue.

Spot check to find Vanguard during his maneuver.
[roll0]

If successful

Raston walks toward the vendor and strikes up a conversation, giving Vanguard a distraction.

Hail friend, might I see some of your fine wares? I'm currently looking for a better holy symbol than the one I currently have. Might you have a silver or gold holy symbol for an Advocate of Semhidat?

He keeps the trader's attention as needed.
Diplomacy [roll1] if needed.

If failed

Raston begins shouting and proselytizing the crowd, brandishing his holy symbol and shouting about the wasted lives of people who wont do for themselves what makes them happy. He continues to do so until a crowd forms, the guards are called, or he is ignored.
Diplomacy[roll2]
Bluff[roll3]

Dragero
2010-02-19, 09:47 PM
[OOC: Slieght of hand for sure, hide is (IMHO) for hiding yourself/big things (as for DC, with Raston distracting him, I`ll keep that to myself :P)]

RASTON:
You succeed. You move over to Vanguard (Before the ring toss) and strike up a talk about a new holy symbol.

"I have this one, owned by Lord Flamel himself! Only 2500 gold!"

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-19, 09:58 PM
By the will of some sticky-fingered deity Vanguard's comrade decided to pitch in with a demand of his own, splitting the mans attentions down the middle. Having flipped the coin skyward towards the backing of the sun Vanguard watches for the line of sight to break with the merchants eyes before drawing his hood onto his head and backing into the passing of the crowd, applying his skills desperatly to sink away during that brief moment of distraction. Whether his quick motion had been noticed or not was quickly brushed off, his mind is centred only on fading into the shadows with his new found gift from the Kings of old.

For the slight of hand check: [roll0] .
I just hope Saudade's distraction can compensate for any low rolls- I want my magical trinket.

Dragero
2010-02-19, 10:03 PM
[OOC: NICE ROLL!!!! The DC on that toss was 18, even with Vanguard (20 without him)]

The merchant pockets his "ring" and continues talking to Vanguard about his new holy symbol, not taking a second look at raston.

[More OOC: I`m off to bed, SOOO SLEEPY, Birthday`s tomorow too...might not post very often.]

Saudade56
2010-02-19, 10:04 PM
Lord Flamel you say? Would that be Lord Pyreval Flamel or the Younger Lord Alevan Flamel? Because I know both of them personally and I know for a fact that they are both devout Pelorians. There is the chance that they enjoy collecting holy symbols of different faiths, I've known some who do that very thing. But more often than not they are quite reluctant to give away their precious pieces. So here's what I think. You lower the price of that admittedly tawdry piece of ornamentation to, oh maybe around two gold, or I wont bring the wrath of my entire order, as well as the whole of the Flamel house, on your pathetic little hawking business. Do we understand each other?
Raston begins uttering a false prayer to Semhidat. Trader filth.

Bluff [roll0]
Intimidate [roll1]

Saudade56
2010-02-19, 10:16 PM
[OOC Raston probably made up those noble's names unless you decide you like Pyreval and Alevan lol (something not entirely out of the question being the bastard of a minor lord), however selling what I'm guessing is a horrifically overpriced Holy symbol (since a normal silver holy symbol is 25g) seems like it would be just about the perfect way to fully piss off a cleric. He also really dislikes traders]

[OOC2 I said it in the OOC thread but I'll say it here too, happy birthday man! Have an awesome one. And no pressure to come on over here, just have a good one :-)]

[OOC3 That roll was amazing Zombie! Couldn't have been more perfect timing on that one]

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-19, 10:18 PM
[ OOC: I am so happy with that roll right there. Take that, probability!
Oh and Drager, happy birthday man! And better partying. ]

As soon as the coin had left his grip Vanguard had made for the band of passing scholars, all content to dwell in the safety of their vibrant coloured hoods, and while not matching to Attomans own drab colours at least granted him some cover. Unaware that the merchant had been re-directed by this point he remained vigil, slipping out into a side road just off the path he had come from. Nearby, his allies all tended to their duties, while the rogue unfurled his fist, revealing the perfect golden circlet.
"Well now," A smile pricked at the corners of his mouth, "What do we have here? A valuable piece of history, you are..." Vanguard did not understand the runes covering this piece of treasure, nor did he know their origins, but all the same he was sure there was a meaning to them. King Bathun, a warrior king, and a man of great fortune. With a heart swelled with more glee than anything he had before lifted, he slipped the ring once more around his index finger. It was a perfect fit.
"I am your King now."

Dragero
2010-02-20, 09:59 AM
"Alright you got me, this symbol is only worth about 30 gold.......It could be yours for that price!" The trader lifts his hands up and smiles cowardly.

Saudade56
2010-02-20, 08:22 PM
Raston feels himself growl a bit at the trader's feeble attempt to sell him the symbol. Giving him one last stare he walks back into the crowd and makes his way back to his companions. Finding his companions he says tersely

Ready when you are friends. I'd like to be away from here soon.

He eyes the trader across the market again, barely seeing him through the crowd. Patting Vanguard on the shoulder, he waits for the others to finish their business.

VinGoodman
2010-02-20, 08:35 PM
With but a few measly coins in his pocket, Omlo did not see the need to even look at the wares themselves. I hope this job pays well, he thought as he pipes up, "I'm ready."

whoiam
2010-02-21, 06:04 AM
A small hand slips quickly into Raston's. Not a sign of love or anything like that, but more in search of some reassurance: Alexis' eyes are dilated, she's breathing shallowly, and the look on her face is only one step away from terror.

"Anywhere has to be better than here."

Just as well her first proper visit to a city hadn't started with a blacksmith's forge or a tannery... the street alone was bad enough! Still, she was getting better. Before she started work as a wilderness guide (her previous career before 'adventurer') the largest group of humans she'd ever seen at once was a little under a dozen. Going from that to a bustling city marketplace...

Very, very quietly she adds: "Hopefully this bakery doesn't smell of human...". But I'm expecting listen checks from anyone who wants to respond to that;)

Dragero
2010-02-21, 11:42 AM
(OOC: This is assuming your all done in the market)

Walking down the street, you eventualy come across the Browning Bakery! It is a large white building, instead of the brown as I'm sure some of you would have guessed. It has no windows, and a large wooden door about 7'' tall. You can hear people having an argument inside.

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-21, 12:55 PM
Approaching the bakery it became immediatly apparent to Vanguard that there were no alternate entry spots on the face of the structure. It was an odd thing for a bakery not to have any outlets, windows or shafts, but then again it was rather strange this place had drawn royal attention as well. Walking aside his comrades the ex-merchant rogue made his way up to the lare doors and hesitation, hearing the commotion coming from inside and wondering just what was causing all the fuss.
Vanguard takes down the hood covering his head, gesturing towards the enterence and saying in a low voice; "I'm already starting to wish we hadn't found the place."

Coming close to the large wooden doors he waits on the voices, knowing it rude to intrude upon an argument and far from wanting to be involved himself. They were after all potential hires of this establishment, and Attoman had no wish to lead them in on the wrong foot. Trying to make out what the aggressive voices are saying, he keeps a cautious ear open.

Listen check behind the door- [roll0]

Dragero
2010-02-21, 04:10 PM
(OOC: Spent your big rolls on the ring, eh?)

Straining his ears to hear anything over the noisy bustle of the street, vanguard catches no words coming from inside.

VinGoodman
2010-02-21, 04:57 PM
Omlo, intrigued by the arguing, puts his ears to the door as well.

Listen check [roll0] (+2 race, +2 alertness (bat familiar), +3 bat familiar bonus)

Commentary - A ONE?!

Dragero
2010-02-21, 05:07 PM
You hear a few faint words, but no complete sentences:

"What!.........Group....five......STUPID!!!!"

Saudade56
2010-02-21, 06:45 PM
Feeling her small hand in his, Raston gently squeezes. He feels some of the edge come off from his recent unpleasantness. He glances down at the druid, clearly seeing her discomfort, something close to fright. He hadn't thought of it before but she probably had never been around crowds before in her life, especially crowds of different species. He squeezes her hand again as she speaks quietly. He doesn't know quite what to say but he tries.

We'll be away soon. Things will get better here, I promise. Until then we're here for you.

He thinks he hears her say something else but decides not to press the subject. No use dwelling on their situation.

Eventually the bakery comes into view, a large white building rather than the brown he was expecting. Thoughts of pastries fill his mind, he'll have to buy his friends something tasty as a congratulations for finding the place.

His mind is taken off of which pastries he would buy each of his companions at the sounds of arguing inside the establishment. He watches as his companions attempt to listen to the words inside. Unfortunately they both don't hear more than a few words, nothing useful. He decides to give it a try, though he doubts his ears will pick up more than a rogue's.

[roll0]

Dragero
2010-02-21, 07:16 PM
You don`t hear much more than Olmo. Sorry :P

ZombieGenesis
2010-02-21, 07:37 PM
As those at the door seemed to be making little progress in overhearing anything more than a few words Vanguard moved back from the wooden doorway and glanced up towards the ceiling. There was indeed a chimney, as all bakeries would have, but he doubted it would be worth the effort of climbing up top for a better look. With a regressive sigh he places a hand upon the oak panneling.
"Well, they sure don't sound happy. What do you fellows think, do we crash the argument and see if that keeps them quiet?"

Saudade56
2010-02-21, 07:46 PM
Well, should we just walk in? Or wait until they stop arguing?

Raston says simultaneously with Vanguard. Eying the potential mind reader he says his mind,

Well they are looking for people to work for them, might as well go in. Plus we might be able to help them with a solution to their problem. And I'm hungry. I say we go in.

VinGoodman
2010-02-21, 08:09 PM
Omlo nods in agreement. There seems to be little point in waiting outside. As hard as Omlo thought of a reason to delay barging in on an argument, he simply couldn't come up with any.

Dragero
2010-02-21, 08:38 PM
Opening the bakery door, you see an unfamiliar Female Halfling is argueing with a Human male, probably the shop keeper. The Halfling turns too you with a surprised face, then smile micheavisly.

"Well speak of the devil," She says, noding to the group, "This is the rest of my party. Good of you guys to get here now, turns out we have to be here in a group of 5 to get the job!"

She approuches you and whispers, "Play along, you want the job right?"

(OOC: This is Diahban`s Character, she can take over her actions/speaking now)

Saudade56
2010-02-22, 02:44 AM
The smells of baked goods assault Raston's nose as the door opens to the bakery. His stomach growls in response. Inside he's greeted with the sight of a human and halfling arguing. He's a little surprised that all the commotion came in such a small package, his usual experiences with a halfling are typically more understated.

Hearing her whisper he decides to play along since she more than likely is telling the truth,

I'm so glad we found you. It was an absolute nightmare finding this place. I yelled at a guy in the marketplace. So I'm hungry, does this job come with food... Mins? How did you find this place so quickly anyways, we've been searching for what seems like hours.

Mins. Because she's little and I couldn't think of anything else on such short notice to make it sound legit that I knew her having absolutely no idea what her name is. She looks like a Laura. I like Mins.

So, we're all here now, what do you need us to do? There aren't any giant rats in the cellar are there because I did that kind of job once and it was not enjoyable. Oh and I could really use any delicious pastry you can give me, in fact get one for all five of us on me. Wonderful establishment by the way, question though- why Browning's when the building is white? It would have made a better Whiting's.

Will roll to ask for alcohol, he could use a drink:[roll0]
You don't have anything to drink either do you? Some elven silverwine perhaps?
Only one drink though.

whoiam
2010-02-22, 04:44 AM
I went to college with a Laura Minns
"...probably founded by a man named Browning..."

Now this is more promising. Fresh bread, fresh pastry... they work pretty well as air freshners. The noise is lower now the door is closed, and there are fewer people crowding around...

"You're right, I hope it is not a rat-hunting mission. Considering all those wildcats I never got around to taming on the way here...

Dragero
2010-02-22, 07:33 AM
"Sorry, we don`t have any alchoholic drinks. Also, as your elf freind suggested, it`s named brownings because the founder, Mr. John T. Browning, named it after himself."

"Now that all 5 of you are here, I assume we can start the.....eh....'Interview'. Come with me into the cellar."

He opens a shabby half-rotten door with a sign saying "Do Not Open" in the corner of the shop. It is too dark inside for you to see anything.

Saudade56
2010-02-22, 06:59 PM
Alas humor is lost on the troubled mind. Even more troubled after your unfortunate news, I would have liked something.

Seeing the man open the rotten door to the cellar Raston feels the hairs on his neck stand. He isn't comfortable discussing things in a place with no light and two people he doesn't know. He whispers to his druid and wizard companions,

Omlo, Alexis, have either of you memorized any spells that create light today? I'm not exactly comfortable going into that cellar with this man. I'm willing to go first into the cellar but I'd like to be able to see. If you can do so cast it on this copper piece.

He hands Omlo the copper and steps forward, hoping one of them have the appropriate spell as he hadn't thought to pray for any such spell that morning. He decides that a simple inquiry as to the purpose of the cellar wouldn't be out of hand.

Sir, might I inquire as to why we must descend into the basement when we have a perfectly fine building up here. An empty building at that. If you don't mind my saying so we've only just met you, excluding Mins here, and while I'm generally not quick to distrust our visit hasn't been the most pleasant so far. It's not anything you've done so much as my mind is already overly wary. Also I don't think it would be out of hand to light a torch as there is no light inside the cellar. Wouldn't you say so?

He looks around to make sure that the building is in fact empty outside of their group then watches closely as the man speaks, hoping to find any signs of deceit.

Sense Motive:[roll0]
(OOC Lol nice whoiam. Lucky guess on my part :-) Sorry for posting too frequently everyone. I don't want to stomp out everyone's posts so I'll slow down for a bit :-p)

Dragero
2010-02-22, 07:42 PM
"Ahh sorry about the lighting! I`ll turn them on. I would like to buy a cheese sword!" As soon as he finishes the word "sword", the hallway bursts to life with light, comming from nowhere that can be seen.

You see a stone tunnel leading about 35' strait, then sharply turning to the left.

"The reason we can`t have the interview up here? Well, you are here to apply for a job as store guards, I have to see if your good or not."

At this, he begins making his way down the tunnel.

Dragero
2010-02-23, 09:22 PM
He pops his head out,

"Soooo is anybody going to pos-,I mean, come with me?"

Saudade56
2010-02-24, 12:31 AM
Taking the others hesitation as a sign that he should go first Raston follows the man down the now lighted cellar, wondering all the while what lies ahead.

whoiam
2010-02-24, 05:40 AM
That little verbal slip from their interviewer was really all the warning Alexis needed. By the time she reached the top of the staircase ('accidentally' doing so behind Raston) her spear is out and she's looking around for danger. She doesn't know if whatever will happen in the basement will be dangerous, but if it is, she's going to be ready!

VinGoodman
2010-02-24, 08:38 AM
Omlo stay quietly and solemnly near the back of the pack. As he looks about and wonders what they're being led to. He thinks back to their travels, and to how little he has contributed to the party, and wonders why these kind folks keep him around. If only there were more ways to make himself useful to the party...

Diabhan
2010-02-24, 10:38 AM
Duana Underbough

Duana falls in line behind Raston so she can whisper, <"Thanks, by the way, I'm Duana, and this job is for security in the castle. The guy was adamant about a party.">

She smiles at him, thankful for some good fortune, finally.

(char physical descrip: Duana is a tiny little thing. She wears all dark leather, has tan skin, which unnervingly jet black eyes, as well as black hair, which is normal kept braided back.)

(Mostly for DM \/)

Spot check for attractive buttons: [roll0]

If I see a good one, since I cant help myself, Sleight of hand [roll1]

Dragero
2010-02-24, 04:03 PM
Sorry, no buttons.

As the party wairily makes their way down the tunnel, they hear the man shouting somthing. It is clearly not in any language know to the party.

Suddenly from around the turn in the tunnel, they see a quick flash of green light, folowed by two more.

"I'm ready," you hear the distant voice of the old man saying, "You can come here now!"

Saudade56
2010-02-24, 06:13 PM
Oh what the hell... Ready yourselves!

Hearing Omlo's question he decides that the narrow and short tunnel is probably not the best place to be enlarged.

I don't think it would be wise to get any larger in here Omlo, I might get stuck.

Raston draws his Morning Star and Shield and moves around the corner...

Initiative:[roll0]
Seriously... a one... lol. I guess it makes up for the good rolls I've been getting otherwise.

(OOC Drager, what are the specs on the tunnel? Map incoming?)

VinGoodman
2010-02-24, 09:44 PM
Trusting Raston's judgment when it comes to combat, Omlo pulls out his club as his mind races through the list of spells available to him. "Raston, think we have enough room for you to be enlarged?"

OOC

Initiative [roll0]
If there's a different choice in the party for the Enlarge Person spell, please remind Omlo, as he's prone to forget due to inexperience in combat (in character, that is...ooc I just need to know since it's my first combat with this group - hopefully first of many)

Dragero
2010-02-25, 06:00 PM
Ohh sorry :P

It`s a 4 foot wide tunnel, continuing for about another 30' before the turn.

Map comes when you make the turn.

Diabhan
2010-02-25, 08:25 PM
Duana Underbough

"Well crap, this can't be good."

Duana then attempts to step away from any light source and hide in shadows.

For purposes to be hidden to use the nice rogue-y sneak attack if needed.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Hide: [roll1]

Dragero
2010-02-25, 08:54 PM
Errr....your in a brightly lit 4 foot wide stone tunnel. There isn`t anywhere to hide......Try again later :P

Edit: Yay I`m an orc now! Rawr!

Saudade56
2010-02-28, 09:53 PM
Raston recites a prayer to Semhidat, asking for the favor of his god in the coming moments. His senses tingle and he becomes more aware, more sure of himself. He takes a deep breath, readies himself, and steps around the corner.

Divine Favor is on. Lets get this thing going.

Dragero
2010-03-01, 04:12 PM
(OOC: Took a few days....)

Turning around the corner, you see the end of the tunnel. It leads into a large open room. Well, more of an arena than a room, the floors are wet dirt, the walls are grey stone, and there is a viewing platform about 15 feet off the ground above a door oposite to the end of the tunnel. In the center of the room, you see two men. One is sitting in a chair, the other is just standing there. They don't seem to notice you.

The room:

{table]_|A|B|C|D|E
1||||||
2|||P|CP||
3||||||
4||||||
5|X|X||X|X|
6|X|X||X|X|
[/table]

P= One of the guys
CP= Child porn The guy in the chair
X= Nothing

Your all around C7(not on the map yet)

Edit: You can`t see any weapons/ armour on them, they seem to be wearing just some ragged cloths.

VinGoodman
2010-03-01, 04:14 PM
Omlo takes in the room with a bit of awe and anxiety. Why would a bakery have such a basement? What have they gotten themselves into? he thought to himself, and nothing legitimate comes to mind.

Saudade56
2010-03-02, 02:21 AM
Raston is surprised to only find the two men in the opening, unarmed at that. He decides to walk forward, attempting to look for anything out of the ordinary. He stops a few feet from the men, leaving room for the others to get by as needed, and speaks.

I'm tired of the games. This obviously isn't just a bakery, so what is this place. Speak.

He walks to B4 and speaks to the men.
Spot:[roll0]

Dragero
2010-03-02, 07:38 AM
You hear a few moans.......and then man P rushes at Raston!

Make a reflex save (DC 14) or take [roll0] damage!
Initiative
P:
[roll1]
CP
[roll2]

VinGoodman
2010-03-02, 10:01 AM
OOC

For Omlo, in case it's needed.
Initiative [roll0]

whoiam
2010-03-02, 11:33 AM
Initiative Roll: [roll0]
Attack Roll: [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]

Alexis, spear in hand, bravely leaps to her ally's rescue!

...At least that was the plan. Too slow, and far too inaccurate. Still, at least her advance would give the assailant two people to concentrate on instead of one. He might target the one who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn by mistake...

Dragero
2010-03-02, 03:46 PM
Ok, initiative list:

1 Olmo (22)
2 P (14)
3 Alexis (7)
4 Raston (5)
5 Cp (3)
6 Duana (please roll)
7 Vanguard (please roll)

VinGoodman
2010-03-02, 04:23 PM
OOC
I forgot I had already rolled earlier. I'm glad the 22 was used instead of the 10!

Omlo, wondering if it's the right choice, as he utters a tongue-twisting sequence of arcane commands, steps into position, and shoots forth a burst of color engulfing the two strange men.

OOC
It's a 15' burst. I think I can move to a position where I can catch both men in this space without hitting our own.

Color Spray (DC 13 WILL save to negate).
If failed save (assuming 2HD or less)

unconscious, blind, stunned [roll0] rounds
then blind, stunned [roll1] rounds
then stunned 1 round

Dragero
2010-03-02, 06:04 PM
Ohh come on!!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Yay!

Saudade56
2010-03-02, 06:52 PM
Seeing the man jump up and rush at him Raston attempts to jump out of the way.

Raston quickly moves out of the way, surprising himself a bit with his own quickness. With a growl he raises his Morning star and slams down, aiming for the mans head.

Attack Roll:[roll]1d20+3
Damage Roll:1d8+3

Saudade56
2010-03-02, 06:59 PM
(OOC Huh, rolls didn't go. I'll try to repost them)

Raston quickly moves out of the way, surprising himself a bit with his own quickness. With a growl he raises his Morning star and slams down, aiming for the mans head.

Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage Roll:[roll1]

Dragero
2010-03-02, 07:24 PM
Nice rolls!

The man flinches at the great strike, nearly falling over, but steadys himself and continues his attack.:

Also, CP moves to D3. (Olmo is at D4)

VinGoodman
2010-03-04, 08:52 PM
Dismayed that his signature spell failed on him, and feeling crowded by the man's approach, Omlo flails awkwardly with his club at the man.

OOC

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1] (min is 1)

Dragero
2010-03-04, 09:26 PM
You missed! Sorry!

Man P attacks Raston!

[roll0]
[roll1]

whoiam
2010-03-10, 07:10 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Well, I'm in combat now.

Is it too late to go somewhere else?

...probably.

Dragero
2010-03-10, 07:35 AM
You scrape the mans skin, but do not hurt him. You could just flee into the corner if you like :P

Rastons turn.

Saudade56
2010-03-13, 07:45 AM
Seeing the other man, the one without an almost crushed in skull, move toward Omlo, Raston tries to parry the first man's blade to the side and step closer to his friend. Unfortunately he parries the wrong way and suffers a wound on his arm, just above his shield.

With a mixture of pain and anger Raston sidesteps the man, swinging his morning star from below in an attempt to dodge a parry- as well as utilize his momentum against the man's ribcage.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Raston takes a five foot step from B4 to C3

Raston runs through the beginning of the prayer he memorized for healing as he readies his next attack. He hopes he won't have to use it.

Don't turn around...

Dragero
2010-03-13, 10:49 AM
The man crumples to the ground.

Cause CP is gone, olmo's turn!

VinGoodman
2010-03-13, 01:30 PM
With a thanks to Raston, Omlo circles Raston to the north and attempts to distract the other assailant.

OOC

Assuming the P charged to B3, since R was at B4 and moved to C3, Omlo circles R and moves to C2, where he Aids Another (Raston) for +2 to attack roll if he successfully hits AC 10.

aid another [roll0]

Dragero
2010-03-13, 01:39 PM
Ok, P, confused and scared by the 3 people around him begins to turn and run. He gets to C1.

Alexis turn, then Raston again.

whoiam
2010-03-14, 05:17 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

With the remaining foe running away, Alexis makes no effort to persue. Instead, a quick glance around is followed with a quiet "I did not expect that to work at all..."

Dragero
2010-03-14, 09:51 AM
Your spear peirces his chest. He fall down dead.

The only things in the room now are the dead men, you, the chair, and a closed wooden door opposite to the entrance.

Saudade56
2010-03-14, 08:09 PM
Raston exhales deeply as the man falls to the ground. His throat catches as he tries to speak words to the departed. This fight had been senseless. He never had a chance to enlighten them to their purpose, to allow them the time to reflect upon their course of action, to choose a better path. The chance that they would have been opened to his own mind during battle was little to none. Should he have tried anyways. Had he failed? Would you have done differently Vorick? He always told him during his training to pray for peace but prepare for war. Why else had they all learned to wield arms?

You have been judged before our eyes. Rest now and may the god of the dead give you a life beyond that which this one has given you. Perhaps, by the will of Semhidat, you will find you're way back to this realm. If so I hope we meet again.

He speaks quietly, his voice barely echoing off the walls. He wants to sit, to lay and reflect, to not feel. he wants to drink, to forget this day. He wants to be held, something he's rarely experienced in his life.

Solemnly he reaches down toward the man he killed and searches the corpse, looking for any clue to what is behind the door in the room. He heard moans before but isn't about to rush into another encounter like the one they just got into.

The sting of his arm brings him back to his senses. He puts up his shield and weapon and inspects the wound. Though deep it isn't anything life threatening or immediately hindering. Deciding to save his healing prayers for someone who might need them more, he shifts his attention toward his companions.

He looks up to find only two of the four companions he came in with. Only mildly surprised, he puts on a smile and asks tiredly,

I apologize for not asking sooner, are either of you wounded?

His eyes shift from the halfling to the elf. They both came through for him during the fight. Taking another deep breath he smiles toward his companions,

You both came to my aid during the fight. Thank you.

VinGoodman
2010-03-14, 08:37 PM
I think I came through unscathed back there. Thanks for getting this guy off me. Looking down at the two bodies, he shuddered at the encounter they just went through. Did that really have to happen? Did they really have to die? Any why did they attack us? And where's our guide?

Omlo knelt down to check the bodies, just in case they're still alive and can be stabilized.

Dragero
2010-03-14, 08:55 PM
Before you can notice any major details on the men, you hear a booming voice coming from all around you. You reconize it as the owner of brownings,

"Good, Good, you are more than able to deal with my zombies. Just one more left......"

The sentence ends, making the room feel deathly silent.

Saudade56
2010-03-16, 05:48 PM
The bitterness cuts a bit at the knowledge that the men weren't living. Despite this Raston is left with new thoughts; why were this men raised? What purpose does this place hold? He feels the heightened senses he had enjoyed lift as he thinks.

What should we do? It doesn't seem like we'll get many answers without pressing forward. Shall we keep going?

He tries to keep the bitterness and irritation out of his voice, in vain he thinks.

VinGoodman
2010-03-16, 10:30 PM
Omlo feels the frustration of the situation. "What are we doing here?" He asked aloud, to no one in particular. Looking up and hearing Raston, he realizes Raston is feeling the same bitterness as well.

"Well, the sooner we jump through these hoops, the sooner we can get to the owner and try to get to the bottom of this. Let's continue for now."

whoiam
2010-03-17, 05:11 AM
"z z z zombies?" The adrenaline rush that had brought her to Raston's aid seemed to have well and truly deserted the little elf. The knuckles holding her spear were almost white now... but, she was at least still holding the spear. And still sticking close to the other two.

Dragero
2010-03-17, 09:46 AM
Unnoticed by anybody in the party, the final foe possisions itself behind Alexis. Eyes wandering around the room, Olmo see`s a odd figure behind the elf. "Look out!!" He shouts, but it is to late. The chair pounces at Alexis, atempting to knock her down!

Reflex save to take half of [roll0] damage. Fail, and your knocked prone, taking full damage.

whoiam
2010-03-17, 09:51 AM
OOC: I just love these unknown-DC saves...:p
[roll0]

Dragero
2010-03-17, 10:05 AM
Oops :P forgot to tell you the DC! It was 12....sorry! Your now prone with an evil chair on your back!

VinGoodman
2010-03-17, 11:15 AM
Can we get an updated map?
Stepping back and making sure the chair is not threatening him readily, Omlo begins another arcane chant.

5' step and casting Enlarge Person. Will be ready to discharge at the beginning of the next round.

Saudade56
2010-03-18, 05:56 AM
Raston's heart leaps as he sees the chair pummel Alexis. He recovers quickly from his shock, taking the few steps toward the animated seat while brandishing his weapon. He raises the morning star above his head and with both hands he strikes into the chair.

Damage:[roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
He takes a five foot step to the chair and uses his move action to pull out his weapon.

Dragero
2010-03-18, 10:09 AM
You knock a few chips off of the chair, grabbing it atention. It steps off of Alexis, and moves beside Raston. It trys to slam into you, and it hits!

[roll0]
[roll1]

{table]_|A|B|C|D|E
1|||A|||
2|||R|C||
3||||||
4||||O||
5|X|X||X|X|
6|X|X||X|X|
[/table]

VinGoodman
2010-03-18, 10:23 AM
Omlo steps up (to D3) and touches Raston, and suddenly Raston transforms...into a LARGER Raston! Then, satisfied that at least one spell went off successfully, Raston tries to beat the chair with his stick.

Raston +2 STR, -2DEX, -1 ATK, -1 AC size adjustments. Raston occupies 10x10 square, and has reach of 10'. Raston's morningstar is now large, and does 2d6 damage.

Omlo's attack with the club
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Dragero
2010-03-18, 10:25 AM
Your stick bounces harmlessly off the chair.

Raston however, would now probably be able to pick up the chair and whack it off the wall!

Saudade56
2010-03-18, 04:08 PM
(OOC: Not sure if it's me or Alexis right now, if I'm out of turn this happens after her)

Raston feels the sting of the chair beating into his leg. Raising his mace to strike again, he stops as he feels his body surge. Standing a few feet above his normal height, Raston smirks as he drives his weapon into the animated chair.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
He's still attacking with two hands so he gets the damage bonus.

(OOC: Oh yeah! I forgot about the weapon size change. Thank you :-))

VinGoodman
2010-03-18, 04:13 PM
(OOC: Not sure if it's me or Alexis right now, if I'm out of turn this happens after her)

Raston feels the sting of the chair beating into his leg. Raising his mace to strike again, he stops as he feels his body surge. Standing a few feet above his normal height, Raston smirks as he drives his weapon into the animated chair.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
He's still attacking with two hands so he gets the damage bonus.

OOC

Nice roll! Your weapon is now 2d6 damage for being large. I think you also get no change to attack roll (-1 for size, +1 for str boost) and +1 to damage (str boost). I wasn't sure if you have that in your post and wanted to let you know.

Dragero
2010-03-18, 04:13 PM
The chair splinters into a million pieces from the force of the blow.

Saudade56
2010-03-18, 05:00 PM
As the chair crunches and fall apart, Raston lets out a small laugh. He had never felt such power before, he felt nearly invincible. Remembering that his companion had taken a blow from the object, he lays one of his overly large hands onto her shoulder and whispers a prayer to his god.

Cure Light Wounds:[roll0]
Cure Minor Wounds on self.

Feeling the sting and tightening in his leg, he whispers another prayer, this one directed at himself. His leg and arm feel better almost instantly, if only a little. Wanting to make the most of the rest of the enlargement spell, he heads to the door.

No use in standing here, lets find out what's going on here.

Bounding across the room with little effort, he reaches for the door and opens...

Dragero
2010-03-18, 06:29 PM
Inside you see the baker, sitting behind a large desk in a large, Nicely furnished room.

He smiles, "Nice work you made of those undead and the chair! Come, sit so we may discuss your employment. I assure you, these chair won`t try to eat you!"

VinGoodman
2010-03-18, 09:18 PM
Omlo breathes a sigh of relief, and allows others a chance to sit first as a show of respect for his comrads before finding a seat for himself.

Saudade56
2010-03-18, 10:52 PM
Eh... What in the hells is goin on here? You know what, I don't even care anymore. Say what you're going to say, I'll decide afterwards whether you deserve judgement or not.

Tired, confused, and emotionally drained from the entire ordeal, Raston waits for the spell to end, then makes his way to the chairs. He pulls one out for Alexis, gestures for Omlo to take another, then realizes something is missing.

Those two left us alone! I hadn't though about it due to all the fighting with zombies and moving chairs. I can't believe him... Tell me that halfling was an employee of yours.

He sighs, feeling betrayed by his travelling companion. He hopes there is a reason but can't think of anything good. He sighs again and waits for the man to speak, wanting only a bath and some elven moonsilver.

Dragero
2010-03-19, 12:35 PM
It's ok, they're just making rogue babys. :P

"Well your probably wondering why I didn't tell you about the zombies. I can't just have any Begger walk in and say he is great warrior, I have to test them first. The zombies where there so I can catch you off guard, to see if you would run off, or fight the beasts."

"Now, you all looks tired from the fight. Here, have some cookies, they will make you feel better." With a flick of his wrist, 3 plates with cookies apear in front of you. "Do you have any questions about the job? If not, we'll begin the interview."

VinGoodman
2010-03-19, 01:56 PM
"If I may ask a question," Omlo spoke as he reached for one of the cookies. "It seems you are not without the resources to deter the thieves. How have they managed to get around what you can surely set up to trap them?" He sits back with the cookie in hand, and munches on it as he waits for an answer.

Dragero
2010-03-19, 02:37 PM
As you munch the cookie, you feel your strength return

"Ahh I knew I forgot to mention somthing!"

"I have lied to you, I am not looking for guards for myself, I am looking for Bodyguards for the king. He has hired me to find some strong, powerful, young adventures to guard him. The recent atempt on his life has pushed him to increase secturity around himself. If you get the job, you'll get to live in the castle, so you'll always be nearby in case trouble comes. You'll also get a hefty amount of pay. "

"Any more questions?"

OOC
That was a potion of CSW in cookie form

VinGoodman
2010-03-19, 03:25 PM
This is exciting news! Trying to contain the excitement, Omlo looks to Raston and Alexis for guidance, hoping they will find a way (and the desire) to agree to this without sounding too eager. "What are the details of the engagement? Are we then to be in the castle at all times, or will we be working in shifts with others, to have some time off to recharge and rest so that we may stay sharp for when we are on duty? Er...this is pretty amazing cookie. Would you mind if I take a couple with me for later?"

As the words tumble out of Omlo, his mind drifts to images of life in the castle, with a chance to see the nobles mingling, and visit areas no commoner would otherwise be allowed...

Dragero
2010-03-19, 03:31 PM
"Oh yes, you will get time off. I believe the king said he will have extra guards come in on the weekends to take over for you."

"Oh those cookies are quite hard to make, and they are worth a LOT when I sell them at the store. Consider those "free samples"."

Saudade56
2010-03-19, 08:11 PM
Seeing the halflngs eagerness Rastpn decides to be agreeable toward the man. Despite his recent experiences, he knew how hard it could be to find reliable help. There seemed to be no end to foundationless boasts when it came to finding employees. In this light their recent experiences were more understandable.

If this is indeed the guard job I expected I'll do it, it's what I came to the city to do anyways. Perhaps I'll be able to gather some influence and start an Adjudicators hall in the city. As far as I know there inst one, at least in the higher districts. I bet you two wouldn't mind setting up a grove and tower within these walls either. What do we have to do and when do we start?

whoiam
2010-03-20, 08:53 AM
Having trailed in quietly behind the other two 'surviving' adventurers, taken her seat and eaten her cookie (with a rapidly growing streak of resentment. Damn him and his superior baking skills!), Alexis gets around to asking the one question that truly matters. "Does he have a garden?"

Dragero
2010-03-20, 11:04 AM
"Oh yes, the king has one of the nicest gardens in all of Taruisus! Many plants grow there, so many, that no one is sure how many there are!" Amd turning to Raston he says, "Providing you can get enough land, you can set up whatever you like!"

Dragero
2010-03-21, 09:48 AM
"Now, because it seems their are no more questions, I'll begin the interview." He asks a seriese of questions, asking about your life, your opinions on the other members, your greatest acomplishments, and many others.

After the interviews, he adresses you all.

"You seem like a GREAT lot of adventurers. The king is much more understanding of other races than most of the people in this town, so i'm sure he'll be fine with you people getting the job."

"I don't mean to say that you have the job yet, it will be at least three days before anybody can be sure, we need to research you, just be be sure your not all mass murderers! In the mean time, you can spend your days here in town. You can stay at an inn. I recomend the Juggling Kobold, they have great brandy. All food and bedding will be paid for by the state, no need to worry about you purses! I'll contact you in 3 to 5 days, I'll be able to find you, don't worry. Now, if you don't mind, I have to get back to running the store, I've probably got 25 people up there!"

He hastily hands you a sack.

"Thats for the trouble of beating my zombies, about 4000 gold in there to be divided among you."
At that, he begins walking through the tunnel that leads back into the shop.

In the sack is, in fact, 4000 gold. You also find 1,200 XP for your great RPing.

(LEVEL 2!!!!)

Saudade56
2010-03-21, 08:06 PM
That wasn't so unpleasant.

Raston's jaw drops a little as he views the money in the bag. He hadn't see that much gold in quite some time. The king's life must really be in jeopardy if the state is willing to go through so much for some body guards. He decides to remain an observer for more time before making any real decisions.

Well, we have quite a bit of money to spend and likely some reflection to do, I say we find this inn and get ourselves a bath. Then we can find things around the city to do in the meantime.

He thinks for a moment then decides to ask,

About this money, is it wise to carry around this much gold through the city? Maybe we should leave the sack with our host here and only take some of it. Or we could find a bank. Just a thought.

VinGoodman
2010-03-22, 12:20 AM
Omlo nods, speechless. As he contemplates things he can do with this amount of wealth, he realized that he may not even be able to carry it without straining his back! "Perhaps it would be wise to find a way to safekeep the gold, or at least convert it to useful equipment for our new job."

Before parting ways, Omlo decided to venture one last question. "Is there a merchant of high end equipment and magical gears you could recommend to us here in town?"

Dragero
2010-03-22, 06:46 AM
"Hmmmmm" The baker says, searching his memory, "I think you could find almost anything you like down in the market district. Watch out for scammers though! They`ll try to sell you cursed goods!"

Saudade56
2010-03-22, 09:00 PM
Well then let's make our way there.

Remembering their original predicament he makes it a point to ask directions.

Raston hefts the bag of gold over his shoulder and waits for the others to say the word.

(OOC: ready to move on to the inn or bank or whatever. Anything else you guys want to do?)

whoiam
2010-03-24, 06:32 AM
"I hope they have some ironwood armours there." She'd heard of them, of course. Never used any. They weren't *that* common, after all, and she wasn't that senior a druid. Still, worth a try. And even if they didn't have any, she could trade her spear in for... a BETTER spear! Or at least a balanced one. Something she could actually reliably score hits with...

VinGoodman
2010-03-24, 06:56 AM
Let's go shopping! I can't believe I can afford magical items! Omlo exclaimed as he followed the group out the bakery.

Dragero
2010-03-24, 08:27 PM
Shopping first eh? Don`t even want to divide the gold so everyone has an even share? Anyways:

Heading towards the market, you see hundreds, maybe thousands of people doing their shopping at the hundreds of stalls set up along the street. Out of the corner of your eye, you notice one stall has that special item you`ve been looking for.....

(OOC: All prices are DMG and PHB prices, though you may try to haggle)

VinGoodman
2010-03-24, 09:31 PM
OOC
Good point. I suppose we've all got 1333 gp 3 sp 3 cp to spend, or we could each take 1300 gp and buy two potions of cure light wounds for emergency use. Are we limiting ourselves to the DMG?

Omlo browses the various items, and finds a beautiful pearl of power calling to him with its sweet siren song. "I simply must have it! I can't believe I can afford one of these." Without even a thought of haggling, he asks Raston for some gold and makes the purchase.

Dragero
2010-03-25, 06:57 AM
Yeah, it`s all just DMG magic items. Also, please make a list of what your buying, so we`re all not wondering what that magic sword is.

Saudade56
2010-03-26, 01:25 AM
Excited to be able to buy something new (zombie brains aren't very attractive to the ladies), Raston pours over his dungeon masters-- I mean the various racks of weapons, looking for something suave yet effective.

Aha!

Conveniently he finds a masterwork morningstar (no more nails driven into a wood stick!) and equally masterwork large shield side by side. Deciding that it must be a sign he picks them up and practically throws his gold at the vendor. Almost forgetting, he sets down his now defunct equipment for sale and buys four health potions. The label reads "For any ailment, guarenteed... *does not actually cure diseases, poisons, or other maladies. For light to moderate cuts only.*

That's how they get you.

Dragero
2010-03-28, 11:38 AM
Any one else buying things?

Is that all?

(btw, check out the 1st post for a surpirse)

VinGoodman
2010-03-28, 03:25 PM
OOC Omlo's done for now. He'll hold off spending the rest of the gold just in case a need for something comes up.

Dragero
2010-03-29, 03:22 PM
I'm assuming your all done shopping (If not, please say what else you bought)

You next head to the inn the store owner told you about, The juggling Kobold. It is getting dark, so you all huddle inside.

Inside you seea very nice, classy lounge. There is a bar selling ales of all colours and varietys, and about 13 people around it buying ales of all colours and varietys. There is a small set of stairs heading up in a corner. You turn to the owner at the bar, and tell her who you are and who sent you.

Ahh good timing for you to come! We got word about you just a couple of minutes ago! You'll be put into room they reserved! You're roommate got here about a minute ago, he should be in the room now. It's number is 14.

VinGoodman
2010-03-29, 03:53 PM
"Raston, Alexis, we should celebrate! This could be the start of something new. May be they have some of the vintage elven moonsilver here!" Omlo smiles, practically beaming, as he looks up to his peers. "Should we invite our roommate? Oh, and may be we should keep our stuff with us for now. I don't know if I want to drop all my equipment in the room with someone I haven't met yet." His smile dulls a little at the thought of the unexpected departure their companion earlier. "I guess you never know about some people, even if you've been with them a while," he mumbled as his hand found the nagging itch on the back of his neck.

Saudade56
2010-03-30, 07:47 AM
Mmm moonsilver. That's a great idea Omlo! How about some drinks to go around!

Raston waves to the waitress and calls out for five moonsilvers, honey at the bottom. He thinks for a moment, then calls out for a bottle of sparkling wine, hoping they have some. Special occasions call for special drinks. Concentrate for a moment, his eyes travel toward the assortment of ales offered by the establishment. He calls out for a dark ale.

They'd made it. They had a job, they had money, they were on their way toward a bright future. He also is beginning to get a cramp from his armor but isn't comfortable dumping it with a stranger. Drinks will help. He hopes they come soon.

Dragero
2010-03-30, 02:29 PM
After 3 minutes of chatter with the group, the drinks come. A small gnomish woman places them on the table.

Those are all together 1 silver and 5 copper. She takes the coins, and winks at Olmo as she walks away.

Hunter548
2010-03-30, 04:45 PM
Arcent, after checking out the room, heads back down to the bar/lounge area. He scans the room quickly once he enters, before taking a seat at an empty table in the corner near the staircase. He scans the room again, more alertly this time, until a waiter comes to take his order.

Spot check for anything of interest? [roll0] (Min 1)
One ale, strong and on the rocks.
Arcent then waits, continuing to look around the room and not try to attract attention to himself.

whoiam
2010-03-30, 04:53 PM
"I will pass on the Moonsilver."

So many strangers....

Alexis was slowly lapsing back into culture shock. But in a good way - at least here she wasn't panicking.

"I think, for my first couple of 'civilized' nights, I should have my wits about me."

Dragero
2010-03-30, 05:57 PM
Arcent notices nothing out of the ordinary. Just normal people doing normal things in normal ways. Go back to your fun citizen.

Saudade56
2010-04-01, 02:23 AM
Well, he stops mid sentence to drink from one of his now three cups of moonsilver (not including the wine and ale), if you really insist. I think you should uh... (don't say relax... don't say relax!)... Relax a little and take a load off (damn it!). No harm ever came from too much to drink you know. Except for the people it hurts. But they aren't what is important right now! Whatis is that you enjoy your time in a human city. It may not be home but it has a sort of feel to it, same as the forests.

Drink one goes down the hatch.

And I like when you smile. Omlo too! By the way, you gunna talk to her? She's a cute for a short one. I mean little. Like a dwarf, but less... round. In a good way.

Moonsilver two is but a memory. Genuinely wanting Alexis to drink hers, he pulls on his willpower to not drink her drink...

Roll to not drink Alexis' drink:1d20+6

And fails.

Ahhhh! Delicious. Are you sure you don't want one? I'll order you another. Where is our new companion anyways?

He stands up, a bit unsteadily at first, and calls out into the crowd.

May the man--or woman-- who is to accompany the Deanimators of Evil Zombies, Scolders of Slimy Merchants, Procurers of Fancy Rings, Misplacers of Thought to be Friends, Devourers of Drinks, Masters of Spells, Judgement, and the Woodlands; Wasters of Time that could be spent more fruitfully, Ascenders of Level Two, and Shatterers of Boxes please come to the bar. We have much to discuss. And by much to discuss I mean I'll drink your drink if you don't come get it. And there is wine too!

He sits back into his seat with a plump and starts on his ale, content for the moment.

Saudade56
2010-04-01, 02:29 AM
Fail roll redo:[roll0]

whoiam
2010-04-01, 02:34 AM
"If this was like a forest, Raston" the hints of a faint smile appearing at the corners of her mouth "you would now be trying to fend off a pack of hungry wolves with a surprisingly wobbly stick. Elves don't usually live in the tame forests the humans get their wood from. It is why we don't all get drunk at the same time."

Saudade56
2010-04-01, 02:50 AM
Hey now, he holds himself steady to make his point, I'm perfectly able to function right now. Plus, this is a fairly nice tavern, what's the worst that could happen?

The beginnings of a dark thought form in his mind.

Ok, a lot can happen, but we have Omlo here to protect us. Plus, I'm like a ravenous wolf leader, ready to fend off the... eh, whatever it is that attacks wolves. Except I'm not ravenous. Nor a wolf.

He notices her small smile and takes it in. He grins back at her, happy to see her relax, if but slightly. He stops himself for a moment, wanting to take in this moment, the three of them on the beginning of their path together, their first real celebration of anything together, his making an ass of himself and enjoying it. He doesn't want to forget any of it.

Ok, well maybe I don't know forests that well. Especially your kind of forests. But I'd like to. What are they like?

Hunter548
2010-04-01, 06:14 AM
Arcent raises an eyebrow and watches curiously as Raston calls out into the crowd. He watches the group curiously for a moment, before motioning to a waitress. Listen darling.I'm interested in who the loud three in the middle of the room are. Arcent gestures slightly at the other three and their table Ye know who they are? As he says this, he slides a couple gold coins across the table to her.

Gather Information: [roll0]

Dragero
2010-04-01, 06:40 AM
1) I Laughed so much at rastons "speech"!!

2) "Those people are here while they wait for a special message from a special someone. Thats all I can tell you." She winks, grabs the coin, and heads off to get Raston some more Ale.

VinGoodman
2010-04-01, 10:39 AM
Omlo blushes at the attention from the woman serving them, and throughout the night he finds himself often resting his sights on her, only to turn away when she catches and returns his gaze.

Raston's words only added to Omlo's discomfort. However, as Raston went on, Omlo finds himself smiling, and eventually laughing. Was it at Raston or with Raston, he's not certain. But, he knows he's in good company, and asks the woman to keep the drinks and food coming.

whoiam
2010-04-01, 04:01 PM
"Alive."

There was a moment of silence, while Alexis debated with herself how much she wanted to expand on this. Quite a lot, she decided. After all, Raston was drunk, he wouldn't remember what she said anyway. Omlo might, but then there were always risks someone would pay attention when you preached.

"Every sight, every sound, every feel and every smell is a living thing. Or a recently living thing, at any rate. You look down at the floor in the forest, and what do you see? A layer of dead leaves? Only because you do not look hard enough. Even there there is life. Plant Life. Insect Life. Fungal Life. Other things smaller and stranger still. You're walking on it, breathing it... concentrate hard enough and you can feel it, all around you. Beneath your feet, above your head... approaching your back with huuuuge pointy teeth and a taste for fresh flesh... Nature is not a good thing, just a thing. The most complicated, wonderful thing in the world."

"Not like these cities of men, though. Here everything is dead - and worse than dead. Stone and metal, a home built of things that never so much as dreamed of life. It's like trying to live in a pack of tombs, by comparison. Everything so dead and sterile, just to make it a little more convenient for those who live here. I'm still yet to see why people would bother, but... I think you will probably tell me. In the morning. Post hangover."

Damn, but that's hard to write from the perspective of a nature-hating programmer!

VinGoodman
2010-04-01, 04:15 PM
Omlo shifts uncomfortable as he hears Alexis' response. While valid in several places, such talk never endeared a person to anybody. At least that's what Omlo has learned from all those times when he spoke the obvious truths. Unfortunately, Omlo is also not one to shy away from a good philosophical discussion when the chance presents itself.

"Those may be valid points, Alexis. But, one could pose that the city folks simply live the natural life in a far more complex scale. Birds build nests. Beavers build dams. Alterations of nature exist within nature itself. Aren't the metals and the earths themselves part of nature? I have always found that balance is the key. The manipulation of resources requires a delicate and cautious touch. That, more than anything, would be my chief complaint about most towns. The growth of them are simply too rough and haphazard, and often could use more careful supervision and guidance."

Omlo, feeling rather worked up from all that talking, takes a big swig of the the moonsilver, quaffing it down like water. Suddenly, the room seems to waver around him. "Err...foo. Musht bralansh wine wissh foo." Alas, it is too late, and Omlo's head flops onto the table.

Hunter548
2010-04-01, 04:52 PM
Arcent raises an eyebrow even further as Omlo passes out, before shifting his gaze to Alexis for a moment as he continues to nurse his drink thoughtfully.

OOC: Was Arcent told who to look for that he'd be working with? IE< could he tell these three were them?

Dragero
2010-04-01, 05:49 PM
He was not told.

"You may be getting roomates" Is all he was told.

Saudade56
2010-04-02, 10:24 PM
It seems as though Omlo has had a bit too much.

Raston smiles smugly, his tolerance had built over time. He really wants another but knows it would be unwise to keep going further...

[roll0]
I figure he's on his fifth/sixth drink, a lot for others but he's a seasoned veteren. I can't remember the check for drunkness so I'm just winging it, he's nearing the buzzed to full on drunk threshold.

...one more never hurt anyone though.

See, Alexis... It's not where you call home that has life, it's life itself that is alive. Er. Wait. Earth, metal, shaping clay itself. It has a living quality beyon that of plants or animals. The elements themselves are alive. To say that a jugement is... Er rather to say that some elements: water, air, life, and death; are more relevant than the fires used to heat our homes and the earth used to shelter our families is a judgement. As you said, the land is not good nor is it evil, so to judge the parts of the land, or at least certain usages of it, as less worthy than others is a falacy. As an Advocate I have to avoid such judgents-judgements, else I steer a soul in the wrong direction. I percieve then advise, I only am involved if a dispute can't be resolved any other way. If nature and humanity warred, I'd be required to fight both.

Feeling preachy he takes up his wine and takes a couple large gulps. A few moments later he mumbles to himself,

This armor is getting itchy. Sore rather. I'm sore, not the armor. Can armor be sore? I need a bath. I guess Omlo won't be protecting anyone tonight. Rabid wolf, just telling you.

[spoiler]stop drinking check:1d20+6[\spoiler]

Saudade56
2010-04-02, 10:42 PM
My rolls have been failing a lot

Raston looks at Omlo, his eyes blurring slightly.

Are you finished with that?

Not getting a response he takes Omlo's cup and wine glass and finishes what is left of both.

Ahhh! I'm finding a bath. Baths feel good. Warm. Cozy. Just after this next drink!

[roll]
1d20+6

Saudade56
2010-04-02, 10:47 PM
damn it... Seems to be the second roll per post.

1d20+6

blah, I'll consider this a fail.

Raston starts to fill his goblet but as it pours he realizes he has it to himself. He finishes the little bit in the goblet and starts drinking from the wine bottle. He looks to Alexis, not for any particular reason, then remembers his bath.

Ahh!! Bath time! We'll finish this tomorrow. Eh... Where am I going? Oh room. Right. Key? Key!

Finding the key to their room (which I think we were given) he picks up their money bag and his gear in one hand, the wine bottle in the other. He falters his first few steps, shakes his head, then makes it accross the room and disappears. After some time he comes back into the hall halfway naked and singing. Stumbling back to the table, wine bottle still in hand, he slings Omlo over his shoulder. He takes another large pull from his wine as he finishes the verse and makes his way back to the hall, stumbling more and more. A moment after he disappears around the corner you hear, "Bath!!!"

Lol I figured he would have enough sense to grab their stuff and passed out party member and put them to bed, being that he's quite drunk at this point he'd be doing random things in horrible order, like taking off his armor and half his clothes before remembering that his friend is passed out at a table. And singing while doing it. I really want him to end up passed out in a bath tub, wine bottle in hand. I feel like if the rolls wanted to fail that many times for me it was a sign. Also didn't like the song I made as much when I woke up so I deleted it.
Maybe the bath will sober him up some.

Dragero
2010-04-03, 08:59 AM
That was different.......

Is alexis doing anything, or just going to bed?

whoiam
2010-04-03, 04:00 PM
"Yes... bath time. Be careful, won't you? I would not want to face this city in the morning if you drowned in the bath tonight..." An ever present possibility with drunken bathing. But she had more immediate worries than bathing Raston. She had to haul Omlo upstairs and into a bed, for starters...

OOC: Alexis will just get the others to bed first, since she's probably the only one still sober enough to work out room numbers.

Saudade56
2010-04-03, 05:56 PM
(ooc: haha well raston currently has omlo slung over his shoulder. While his intention was to bring him to the room, there is no real gaurentee that he'll actually get there or not. The gear however should be in the room as he was drinking heavily on the way back due to free hands. Omlo is probably thrown somewhere onto the heap :-). Never as fun being the dd eh? Sorry omlo!)

Dragero
2010-04-03, 07:22 PM
In rastons drunken stumble, olmo was tossed onto the bed that Arcent claimed as his. Olmo fell off, and rolled around a little, eventualy ending up undernearth arcents bed. He would have to be searching to find olmo.

Is arcent going to bed, or is he going to go on a murdering/stealing spree?

Also, raston roll a DC 10 Fort save or pass out/ fall asleep in the tub.

Hunter548
2010-04-03, 08:13 PM
Arcent watches the three of them leave and head up the stairs towards their room. He stays for a little while longer, nursing his drink before he heads upstairs as well. He then heads up to the room as well, opening the door and creeping inside, failing to notice any others in the room/ He shoves his pack under the edge of the bed lightly (But probably not hard enough to wake Omlo). He then tucks himself into his bed.

Saudade56
2010-04-03, 10:50 PM
Staying Awake:[roll0]
Destroyed that roll.

Raston wakes up in a jolt. Groggily he looks around, trying to remember what he was doing. Looking down he sees two- one wine bottle. Shaking his head, he dips his head under the water to try to clear his mind. The water rushed over his head, which promptly bumps into the partially floating wine bottle. Not really thinking he pulls himself out of the tub and dries himself off. Realizing he had forgotten to grab underclothes from his bag, he does the best he can to wrap himself in a towel and makes his way toward their room. He only vaguely remembers walking to the bathroom so finding the room poses a problem. He wanders for a time, then makes his way back to the common room. He puts his old pants and undershirt back on, not happy about the sweat but feeling it was better than going into the common room mostly naked... again. He decides to get water this time around, hopefully he can stick to the plan. He just has a soft spot for moonsilver. He wonders if Alexis is still up, if not he'll find someone and ask which room is theirs again.

Saudade56
2010-04-04, 03:13 PM
His eyes and senses still quite dulled, he can't find any of his companions. He recalls with some thought throwing Omlo in their room, roughly at that. He'll have to apologize in the morning. Finding a server, he asks for one more moonsilver and a water, promising to pay in the morning. When she comes back he quickly drinks the water, asks for their room number and drinks his drink on the way to their room.

Upon reaching the room he takes his shirt off, hos go gets brushing afainst his holy symbol around his neck as he does. He says a small prayer to Semhidat,

May we find the paths laid out before us without strife or difficulty.

He enters the room and flops into a vacant bed. Closing his eyes, sleep immediately washes over him.

whoiam
2010-04-04, 03:41 PM
Alexis, still awake, had taken the time to retrieve Omlo from under the beds after Arcent's arrival, and before Raston's.

The three men were now each in a bed of their own - Alexis, being the group's token Elf (and the group's token rural character, and the token woman - maybe I should have just named her 'Miss Token'?), was not even tired yet. Four hours of trancing a night was all she needed after all. It meant she was just perched on the remaining bed, glancing (mostly) out of the window as the others came in.

Only once Raston's breathing had settled into the sleep of the somewhat drunk did Alexis allow her consciousness to drift...

Assuming she can go the four hours without being interrupted by something

...And when it returns four hours later, the others are still asleep. To be expected, really. She was used to humans' tragically long rest cycles by now. A faint smile crossed her face as she quietly walked to the door. She would check the kitchens. Either the staff were already awake (unlikely, unless they had multiple shifts of workers) or she'd get to prepare breakfast herself. They had to have some decent meat in here...

[roll0]

Roast gamefowl was as good a way as any to start the day. She'd managed to find enough decent meat in the storehouses that there would (probably) be some left over after breakfast... maybe even enough she could share a little with the cat that seemed attracted to the smell of bird...

Hunter548
2010-04-04, 03:59 PM
Come morning, Arcent awakens first, to find others in his (as he thinks) room with him. He frowns softly, considering what to do, before slipping out of bed quietly and moving to his gear. He draws his short sword as quietly as he can, then creeps quietly over to Raston's cot. MS Check to keep from waking everyone up [roll0] When he gets there, he shifts the weapon to be more easily usable, then gently taps Raston awake. As raston awakens (assuming he does) Arcent puts a hand over his mouth a "sssh's" him softly, indicating the weapon. He then bends close enough to whisper into his ear
Who the hell are you mate, and what are you doing in my room?

VinGoodman
2010-04-04, 04:14 PM
Omlo stirs, and turns toward the wall. "Zzz...".

Saudade56
2010-04-04, 04:23 PM
Raston inhales sharply as he awakes, his heart pounding due to the sword poised to strike.

Eh... who in the hells are you? This is our room friend.

To make sure he glances to the side and, finding Omlo in the other bed, is more confident.

Look over there, that's one of my companions. That's our gear. Our room. So what do you say you throw that sword aside so we can deal with this properly.

Hunter548
2010-04-04, 04:36 PM
Arcent glances over to the side at Omlo a moment, before turning back to Raston. Not a bloody chance mate.Why throw away my leverage? He taps the point of the balde on Raston's neck again. Now, who are you and what're you doing in my room? DOn't make me ask you again.

whoiam
2010-04-04, 04:44 PM
"Now that's a sight that says 'no breakfast' if ever I saw one." A tiny little slip of an elf carrying food isn't the most intimidating sight in the world, but then Alexis wasn't trying to be.

Mainly because she knew just how badly she sucked at intimidation.

What she was doing was calmly divesting herself of her cargo of food, by laying it carefully on the bed she'd meditated upon during the night. Their new 'friend' could have stopped her, of course... but with just one sword to his name, he couldn't threaten both her and Raston at the same time... which is what Alexis was counting on. Superior numbers. Also the spear she'd managed to get within arms' reach of without acting even slightly aggressively...

VinGoodman
2010-04-04, 04:59 PM
"Zzz...hmm...food...", Omlo stirs again, and sits up on the bed. Rubbing his eyes as he attempts to cross over from dreamland to life, he barely had time to register the scene before him before he cries out, "Raston!"

Saudade56
2010-04-04, 05:03 PM
Raston feels a surge of relief as he sees Alexis enter the room (with delicious smelling food at that!). His eyes move back to the man assaulting him and he gets an idea.

You kill me you kill a servant of the king and a god. I am Raston Arontha Lees, newly appointed servant to the king, son of the noble Pallen Arontha, and Advocate of the God of treaties and judgement, Semhidat. I wont speak for the others but they are with me and serve the king all the same. Now will you lower your weapon so we can talk like civilized members of Taruisis or are you going to continue threatening me while my companion watches?

He finishes as Omlo shouts his name, another welcome sound this morning.

Hunter548
2010-04-04, 05:06 PM
Arent looks up as Alexis enters the room, frowning softly. Now it's a bloody party we got going, huh? He shakes his head slightly, before glancing between the two of them. So you're servent to the king huh? Arcent takes the blade away from his throat, flipping it to the point, then back to the handle. I think that makes you folks my new collegues then.

Saudade56
2010-04-04, 05:11 PM
Despite the man's words, Raston holds little trust in him. As the man tosses the blade into the air he invokes the last spell he had prayed for the day before.

Raston casts Charm Person on Arcent, Will save of 14

Hunter548
2010-04-04, 05:14 PM
Will save: [roll0] Min of 1
Arcent slips his blade back into its sheath before turning to Raston.
So, no hard feelings eh mate? Just a simple misunderstanding. Lemme buy you a drink to make up for it before we head to work, aye?

Saudade56
2010-04-04, 05:22 PM
Before we go anywhere I have some questions. Who are you and what do you do? Are you indeed a servant of the king? Why did you threaten me this morning?

He breathes deeply, not wanting to be overly accusatory. It isn't his way.

I apologize for the misunderstanding this morning, if this is indeed your room it likely felt like quite an intrusion. Alexis, what did you cook this morning? It smells delicious.

He doesn't take his eyes off the man at any point. It is such a strain on him holding back sometimes, he wants choke this man where he stands, hold a blade to his throat in the morning; it isn't as if Raston's headache is nonexistent. A mug of water only helps so much. But he doesn't. He grabs his holy symbol around his neck and squeezes.

whoiam
2010-04-04, 05:48 PM
"Mixed Game-Fowl. I think someone around here likes hunting outside." Knowing there would be four of them, Alexis had 'liberated' the appropriate number of plates. Omlo was served first, and she had made up the other three portions, but the confrontation between Raston and the Unknown kept her from serving the remainder.

Hunter548
2010-04-04, 05:49 PM
Eh? Me? Oh, I'm Arcent mate. Aye I'm a servent of the king . I think. Got told I was hired to be a bodyguard of his or something. Good pay. As for the threats, nothing personal mate. Where I come from, it's better to stab first and ask questions later, 'less you a dagger in your gullet. Sorry about that mate.

Saudade56
2010-04-04, 06:26 PM
I see. Well being that we're now colleagues now I don't think that that will be necessary anymore.

Raston finally exhales, running his hand through his hair. Not exactly the wake up he had hoped for. The headache he had drank up last night finally hits him as well, the adrenaline alone holding it back. He groans as he rubs his temples.

Some of that food would be wonderful Alexis. I'm so glad you didn't him over the head with it. You don't happen to have any water do you? I'm parched.

Realizing he knows nothing about their job he decides to ask,

"So what is it that we are doing today?"

whoiam
2010-04-04, 06:36 PM
"No, no water - I ran out of hands. One of you can go fetch some, though - there is plenty in the kitchens."

Why was Alexis not going back down? Well, after handing breakfast to her colleague and her 'colleague', she had perched on her bed with her own, and was busy feeding scraps to herself and the cat alternately.

Saudade56
2010-04-04, 06:42 PM
I'll go get some, be back in a little bit. Cute cat.

He smiles to her then walks out.

[roll0]

He makes his way down the stairs and grabs a pitcher and a couple mugs. For his headache he asks for a glass of moonsilver, only one this morning though. He makes his way back up to the room. Taking a moment, he feels the small connection he has to Arcent's mind, nothing allowing him to read the man's mind or anything like that. Just a subtle thing, a twisting of image that made Raston appear friendlier than he his. He could feel it weakening though, if just a bit. He would have enough time to pray before the spell wore off, leaving them with whoever Arcent really is. A discomforting thought based on previous experience.

Since Raston is level two today I'm pretty sure that the spell, despite being memorized at level one, still will last two hours. Unless he drops the spell, which is something I don't think he'd do in this situation. He's gone for about ten minutes if you guys want to talk and get acquainted. Just write me in whenever you want me to show up. Hope you guys don't mind my interpretation of the spell, I've always pictured the charm, read minds, and dominate spells that way; connections to other peoples minds that vary from a trickle for charm spells to full on tidal waves for dominate spells.

Hunter548
2010-04-04, 06:47 PM
Arcent munches lightly on the food, then glances up at Raston.
I figured We'd head up to the castle mate. Seems like the smart thing t do, aye? He finishes his meal as Raston leaves, then moves over to his pack, moving the pair of blades from the pack to his belt. He then glances at the other two. Well, since you two know who I am, why don't you introduce yourself?

VinGoodman
2010-04-04, 08:51 PM
"Mmm, this is delicious as always, Alexis." Omlo focuses on enjoying the breakfast, looking up only when Arcent requested an introduction.

"I'm Omlo. Did you have to fight zombies too? I don't see anyone with you. How did you manage to beat them by yourself? I know I couldn't have."

With food in his stomach and a surprisingly good night's sleep, Omlo appears to be in an unusually talkative mood.

Hunter548
2010-04-04, 09:11 PM
Oh, you wanna know, eh mate? Arcent puts his finished plate aside and draws his pair of weapons. Stand up fer a sec mate, I'll show ye.

VinGoodman
2010-04-04, 09:22 PM
Omlo hastily looks down and stares at the food. "Er, that's quite alright." He does his best to avoid eye contact with Arcent for the remainder of the meal.

When the meal was over, he looks about for his bacakpack. Finding it on the floor, he hops down to grab it. Pulling out a worn out old book, he begins pouring over it, mumbling unintelligibly every so often.

Hunter548
2010-04-04, 09:46 PM
Arcent shrugs softly, sheathing the blades. All right, suit yourself short stuff. Arcent then moves over to the bed and sits back down, considering Alexis. So Ears, What's your story?

whoiam
2010-04-05, 03:53 PM
At 'ears', Alexis' hand strayed towards her spear. "My story is mine, thank you for asking."

Ears? EARS? Do I go around calling humans 'mayfly'? That is the term, is it not, for a human-elven pairing - 'Mayfly December Romance'? No, I do not use such slurs, so why does he?

....Because he's not me, obviously. Stupid question, really. If every being is different, and some are nice, then logically some must be arses.

Still, I've met worse.

"I am known as Alexis."

Hunter548
2010-04-05, 04:29 PM
Arcent nods sightly, setting aside his now cleaned plate, drawing out on of his blades, a whetstone, a small flask of oil and a cloth. He sets the cloth and oil aside, begining to sharpen his blade. Alexis eh?Good chow Alexis. Where'd you learn to cook like that?Arcent continues to sharpen his weapons, glancing to the door every so often.

Saudade56
2010-04-05, 05:56 PM
Raston enters the room and is hit with a palpable wave of awkward. Trying to ignore Omlo's vigorous reading of his tome, Alexis' eye daggers, and Arcent's aimless weapon sharpening could easily turn into an even more awkward situation. Especially when the spell wears off.

I have some water here everyone, I know I need some.

He pours four mugs and passes them out. Thinking of a way to break some of the tension, he has an idea.

I need a place to pray for a time and I generally like to do it outside. Alexis, would you like to find a park or patch of grass to attune yourself in?

He fishes into his pack for his Advocate's tome. He doesn't quite know how to approach Arcent yet but figures he's not the type of man that is receptive to appeals to his emotion or sense of duty. Knife to the throat and all.

Arcent, we need to find out what we need to do for the day and I'm pretty sure you would be best for it due to the experience you've had with the people we're working for. Any information would help quite a bit. Unfortunately, we wont be at our best don't take time to prepare and study. I'm sure there is some contact nearby.

Hunter548
2010-04-05, 06:20 PM
Well mate, I was thinking we should probably check in at the castle, aye? Considering what the job is and all. Arcent glances to Raston as he enters. Seems like the best idea to me, though if no one's shown up for us by now then they probably can wait until after you prey and Alexis does her thing.

whoiam
2010-04-05, 06:34 PM
Quietly: "In a kitchen."

More loudly: "I am actually already done." A quick gesture to the window revealed (for those watching) the presence of ivy growing around the frame. "I was up very early this morning."

I'm up early every morning by their standards. It's amazing, getting to have a lie-in and still be first up!

VinGoodman
2010-04-05, 06:43 PM
Omlo quickly closes his tome and packs it away. With his backpack in tow, he looks for a way out of the room, "Wait, Raston!, I'll go with you."

Saudade56
2010-04-05, 06:46 PM
He sighs... elves. Alright, well I'll be back soon. Again.
He turns to leave but stops at Omlo's words.

Surprised you could hear me with all that study.

He smiles at the halfling, glad to have to company. He continues out of the room and makes his way downstairs, then out the back of the building. Finding a grassy spot in the back, he opens his book out and takes off his holy symbol from around his neck.

So, how do you feel about our new companion so far?

He begins to read his tome, starting the first rites of the prayer. Once he connects to Semhidat however he wont be aware of much of anything outside the presence of his god.

VinGoodman
2010-04-05, 07:01 PM
Omlo searches for the right words, but decides the direct response is the most honest. "He scares me."

Saudade56
2010-04-05, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry... I don't like how he makes me feel either.

Raston rubs his neck as he speaks, patting Omlo's shoulder when he realizes what he's doing.

It doesn't seem like we can get out of this, it seems as though we are stuck with him. He hasn't shown any overt signs that indicate his nature, only his uncouth and aggressive actions. We should stay on our guard around him, I promise I'll watch your back in case anything should happen.

He smiles at the wizard, thinking of further words.

Semhidat allows his priests great abilities, some of which mimic certain spells that you will likely learn. Unlike your spells though they are meant to be used on times of duress or against foes that break the balance maintained by the five branches of order. I used one such ability this morning as you likely noticed, keeping him in an amiable state. Semhidat however gratns the ability to command and control people as well, all in the name of preserving the lives and paths that people live. I don't yet have these abilities but I can at any time call upon the greater members my order if the need is there. If Arcent proves malicious I will find an Conciliator or Adjudicator and have a Gaes placed upon him. A gaes placed upon one unwillingly is a harsh punishment and isn't often used but can be if needed.

He hopes his words comfort the wizard, Raston feels a slight stir of regret and discomfort as he speaks them. Finishing the opening rites he opens himself to his god. The power of the divine courses through him, reducing the physical world to a dim flicker in a sea of overwhelming power.

Hunter548
2010-04-05, 08:20 PM
Arcent watches Omlo and Raston leave, continuing to sharpen his weapon while taking infrequent drinks from his mug. As he does so, he glances around the room, sometimes letting his gaze fall on Alexis as he considers her.

Saudade56
2010-04-06, 11:11 PM
Raston finishes praying, tying his necklace back around his neck and motions to Omlo.

Let's head back upstairs and get ready.

Raston makes his way back up to the room and gets his gear on.

VinGoodman
2010-04-07, 05:18 AM
Omlo follows, and gathers the rest of his belongings. He sits on his bed and waits for the group, avoiding making eye contact with Arcent.

Hunter548
2010-04-07, 09:26 AM
Arcent glances up as the two of them enter, then slips his blade back into its sheath. He then tucks the rest of his gear away and pulls his pack on. He glances to Raston.So mate. You decided where we're off to then?

Saudade56
2010-04-09, 12:02 AM
Well it seems as though the best course of action as you said before is to head toward the castle. No one came for us so it's probably the most direct route. Agreed?

As he speaks he pulls on his pack, readying himself for the walk to wherever they set out for.

VinGoodman
2010-04-09, 12:12 AM
Finally, Omlo couldn't hold his tongue anymore. "I think we need to wait at least three days before they come to get us for the work. The baker mentioned researching our background, and I think he mentioned a three day wait at least at that time." Omlo casts his eyes on the ground as he spoke. Did that come out like a scolding? Could I have said it better? Nicer?

whoiam
2010-04-09, 03:34 AM
"Then what will we do for three days?" A clear note of panic creeping into Alexis' voice. Obviously three days adrift in a city did not appeal to the elf.

Dragero
2010-04-09, 08:00 PM
You remember lots of things going on in the streets. People selling things, theives stealing things, gaurds catching theives, and bards singing about couragous guards.

(It`s pretty much partial sandbox for the next couple of IC days. Name somthing, you can probably do it)

VinGoodman
2010-04-09, 08:48 PM
"Alexis, Raston, what do you think of a couple of days out hunting and enjoying the woods? It may be a while until we get such a chance again." Omlo sneaks a peek at Arcent. "May be Arcent can join us. It could be a good way to get to know each other."

Saudade56
2010-04-10, 01:20 AM
Ah! You're right. I had completely forgotten!

Hey claps his hand on the wizard's back

I wouldn't be opposed to a trek into the forest for a time. While we have just arrived, we've been given a great opportunity that will surely take up much time soon. It may be unwise however to just leave the city in case we are needed, perhaps we can tell Browning about where we'll be if we decide to leave for a few days. I at some point need to look for a run down or for sale home within the city, it's part of the reason why I came. The Tribunal wishes to extend its reach into the city. Hopefully I'll be able to make some form of a payment and send for a full assembly soon.

He stops to muse on his words, he has no idea what homes within the city cost, especially larger ones that could be converted into mediation halls.

Regardless though, there may also be things to find within the walls that don't involve being surrounded by hundreds of people at once. Perhaps a trip towards the wealthy side of town? Chances are that one of the nobles will have need of us, perhaps even my old aquaintence, Lord Flamel. The nobility is always wrapped up in some issue or another.

VinGoodman
2010-04-10, 08:25 AM
Omlo looks to Alexis to see what her reaction might be. Truth be told, he is not exactly the most comfortable in the woods. "I think that's a great idea Raston. It would be nice to meet some of the people here in town." As he speaks those words, he realizes his companions in this room, and the baker, are really all the people he knows here...

Hunter548
2010-04-12, 06:35 PM
Arcent shrugs softly to himself, glancing between the other three. I'd prefer to stay in the city, but aside from that I don't care. Arcent fiddles with one of his weapon handles absently as he says this, waiting for the others to come to a decision.

VinGoodman
2010-04-12, 06:39 PM
"Would you be ok hanging in the city a couple more days?" Omlo looks hopefully to Alexis. If only it were easier to please everyone...

whoiam
2010-04-13, 12:19 PM
NO!

"Maybe... if we find a quieter spot to work in..."

...treacherous mouth. Always getting me into trouble.

VinGoodman
2010-04-13, 12:21 PM
Completely failing to see the consternation behind Alexis' answer, Omlo breathes a sigh of relief and turns to Raston. "Shall we pay your friend a visit then?"

Saudade56
2010-04-14, 12:55 AM
"Its been far too long since I've seen the two of them, I'm certain we'll be welcomed readily into their home. Though we may be required to bath and change into something more elegant than travelling clothes and armor. Also though,"
he eyes Arcent to make sure the point comes across,
"Eloquence is generally a rule within noble society. No pressing knives to anyones throats friend. Your weapons will likely be stored upon arrival. Not that it should be a problem being that we'd be traveling to a friends home. Just wanted to point that out. Oh and Alexis I'm sure you'll be able to use the kitchen to it's fullest extent. From what I remember they have quite the facilities in their manor. And Omlo, there may be some arcane equipment and tomes left from when they had a wizard working for them, it may be worth looking through. I am just excited to see the courtyard again at the manor, last I was there there were quite a few exotic plants in the garden. There is also the chance that they may require our services, though we'll never know until we leave. Is everyone in agreement?"

He is genuinely excited as he speaks, in their youth he and the younger Flamel had been good friends throughout the summer months. Though generally restricted to the manor, they found many a mischeivious prank to pull on the servants of the manor. He hopes old man Wilkes still is running things, he wouldn't mind pulling a stunt on him for old times sake. Or Annah... Oh Annah. She was beautiful in his formative years between boy and manhood. Like a flower just before full bloom.

VinGoodman
2010-04-14, 08:50 AM
Omlo listens eagerly to what's in store for them, and nearly bounces off the bed he was sitting on as he exclaimed "I'll go freshen up!"

Pausing as he reaches the door, Omlo turns back to Raston. "Should we go shopping for something suitable to wear? I only have this outfit I've been traveling with." He sniffs it carefully. Pungent, but wearable.

Saudade56
2010-04-14, 10:15 PM
Likely a wise choice. I'd assumed we'd be dressed upon arrival a they have quite the wardrobe, however it is always wise to make a good first impression. We'll find some clothes along the way, I had planned on wearing my Advocate's vestments but with our new found wealth we can find something more suitable.

He hoists his pack and the money sack and waits for the other two, hoping there is no objections. He doesn't know why there would be, the druid will have a beautiful garden to interact with, though she'll likely find it too tame, and the... whatever he is should find the nobility at least partly entertaining.

Hunter548
2010-04-15, 06:32 PM
Yeah yeah yeah. No threatening or stabbing the pissy noble. Gotcha. Arcent rolls his eyes, muttering under his breath Any other rules I should know about? Should I not breath too loud either? Oh, and I don't care who we're seeing, if I'm not good enough to be in their presence in my armor, then they better deal without meeting me mate.

whoiam
2010-04-18, 04:34 AM
"I suppose it would not hurt to get some more... fashionable... clothing to wear into the noble district. We can always put our armor on over the top if we feel too exposed..."

Dragero
2010-04-18, 12:14 PM
Ok so heading to the merchants district to get some pretty cloths and then to flamels house?

After buying some fancy clothing, you begin folowing Raston to Lord Flamels home, deep in the Noble section of the city. Approuching the home, you feel somthing is...off. No lights can been seen inside the house, little movement can be seen, aside from some drapes fluttering. A few windows have cracks in them, The house has an altogether very eery feeling. As you approuch the front door, you also begin to notice nobody is in the street around you.

VinGoodman
2010-04-18, 01:01 PM
Omlo's nerves twitch at the eerie silence about them. He steps a bit closer to Raston and tries to warn his friend. "Be careful."

Saudade56
2010-04-18, 01:57 PM
Raston's body tenses at Omlo's words. He hadn't noticed anything until Omlo spoke, being wrapped up in daydreams of feasts and fine company. Cautiously he makes his way to the front door, pulling out his morning star and shield as he does. He knocks on the door and waits.

whoiam
2010-04-18, 02:02 PM
Alexis takes the slightly more cautious route of slipping onto the lawns and trying to peer in the windows. She takes care not to move too far away from the others, though. The garden felt safe enough, but who knows what horrors may lurk inside the house? There could even be... *shudder*... Mime Artists!

[roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-04-18, 03:24 PM
The actions of his comrades only added to Omlo's discomfort. He pulls out a piece of cured leather, and begins to weave his hands in an intricate pattern as he voices an arcane casting. A slight shimmering forms itself about the small halfling, and fades into nothingness as quickly as it came.

OOC Mage Armor - 2 hours duration.

Hunter548
2010-04-18, 03:38 PM
Arcent eyes Omlo as he casts his spell, before drawing his short sword. he steps forward to the door behind Raston, his head cocked curiously. You sure your friend lives here mate?

Dragero
2010-04-18, 05:41 PM
When raston knocks on the door, a clear rustling can be heard coming from inside. It stops after about 30 seconds. Alexis see`s SOMETHING moving.

GGGGGGG
GGGGGGG
GGWXXXXWGG
GGXXXXXXGG
GGWXXXXWGG
GGXXXXXXGG
GGXXXXXXGG
WXXXXXXXXW
WXXXDXXXW

G= Grass/Garden
X= House
D= Door
W= Window

Just a map to help visualize outside of the house. It is Three stories tall, with all windows matching up.

Saudade56
2010-04-19, 06:16 PM
This is the place...
Raston responds quietly. The lack of any response from the staff is extremely disconcerting. There is no reason-- Raston throws his shield in front of himself instinctively at the sound inside the manor.

He gestures to Omlo and says quietly, "Do you have a light spell memorized? You could cast it on an object within the building correct? Perhaps some illumination would help us figure out what is inside."

VinGoodman
2010-04-19, 10:15 PM
Omlo silently counts backwards from ten in draconic, as he attempts to keep himself from responding with a snide remark. How many times must I be forced to admit it? I couldn't figure out how to make it work!

With a quiet, controlled voice, he responds to Raston. "I am not able to create the light as you described. I fear we will need to find a way into the house, if we want to investigate why things are so abnormally quiet. Personally, perhaps we should consider the possibility that no one's home, and try again another day. We could get in trouble with the law if we are to force an entry here."

Hunter548
2010-04-20, 08:38 PM
Why don't you let me take a look inside mate? I'll be in and out quick as a wink, and I doubt that anyone's home considering that they've not come to the door. Arcent glances to Raston, considering the door.

whoiam
2010-04-24, 06:37 AM
"There is something moving in there, and it's not responding to us... it probably does not want to be seen. You know the way animals are always really posessive of their own territories? This isn't their territory. They don't belong in there."

I think. This is going to be really embaressing if we just happened to walk up when the master's playing hide the scepter with the downstairs' maid...

VinGoodman
2010-04-24, 12:50 PM
While Omlo loathes to break and enter, he can't help shake the feeling something is amiss here. He leans forward and knocks as loudly as he can, hoping it's simply slowness to answer. May be it's some strange noble custom to keep guests waiting... Unfortunately, Omlo is far from convinced. He looks about, trying to see if anybody is around and wondering why this area is so sparsely trafficked.

Saudade56
2010-04-24, 01:59 PM
Hey guys, it's the last two weeks of class so I've been crazy busy. Sorry about the delay. Hope everyone is doing well.

Unless anyone has an objection I'd like you to go in Arcent. These are people I know, I can't leave without knowing what has befallen this house. Arcent, If you don't come out after a few minutes or give any sign to follow we'll come in after you. Besides, I'm known here, there should be little to worry about. If someone wants to question a neighboring home we can do that, though I'll remain here if so.

Raston looks around, trying to see any indications of necromancy or other dark magics.

Knowledge Arcana:[roll0]
Knowledge Religion:[roll1]

Dragero
2010-04-25, 11:17 AM
Raston notices nothing out of the ordinary.

More shuffling movement can be heard after olmo's knock, but nothing happens.

Hunter548
2010-04-27, 08:59 AM
Arcent moves up to the door with a nod, drawing a set of odd tools as he examines the door.

Assuming the door is locked :
Arcent spends several minutes trying to pick the lock as quietly as he can Taking 20, so 28 for the check He then slips inside, his eyes darting around alertly as he tries to creep in.
Hide: [roll0]
MS: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]

Dragero
2010-04-27, 05:49 PM
The lock clicks open.

Arcent notices nothing odd in the finely furnished home, exept for the fact that the basement door is slightly ajar.

He finds a few books laying about, written in runes which he cannot understand.

Hunter548
2010-04-27, 06:59 PM
He frowns softly, scanning the room again curiously after eyeing the books. He then creeps over to the open doorway and peeks down it, weapon held at the ready.

Dragero
2010-04-28, 07:00 AM
It is too dark to see.

VinGoodman
2010-04-28, 08:23 AM
Omlo apologizes profusely. "I'm sorry! I fogot to pick up some sunrods back at the market!"

Hunter548
2010-04-29, 07:24 AM
Arcent glances around the room one more time, before returning to the door and motioning the rest of them inside. I don't think anyone's home mate.... and I can't see down into the basement. Anyone got a light?

whoiam
2010-04-29, 07:27 AM
Stepping back into the garden, Alexis helps herself to a discarded twig. A simple touch causes the tip to light up: She then holds the shining twig out to Arcent. "You've got ten minutes until the light goes."

OOC: Alexis isn't yet aware that she's at level 2, so she still thinks it's a 10 minute duration.

Edit: It's her level 0 light spell. 10 min/level, light as though from a regular torch.

Hunter548
2010-04-29, 07:35 AM
Arcent takes the twig and heads down the stairs, his short sword in his other hand, trying to move as silently as he can, scanning the area he can see.

MS:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]
Search:[roll2]

Dragero
2010-04-29, 02:51 PM
Down the stairs, arcent can see a large laboratory. Vial and vial full of different coloured liquids sit upon a desk up against the far wall. You can see against the walls on either side of you are shelves full of different items. Leaves, twigs, and jars full of what you think may be body parts, but not human. On one shelf is a jar full of frogs, unmoving, seeming frozen in time.

A light is lit on the desk. A book is open, with more runes in it, and a picture of a potion of some sort.

Just out of the reach of both light sorces is......something. You can't tell what it is, but it sitting with it's back against the wall, legs streched outright, and holding something in it's hand. It is not moving. It appears to be humanoid, and human sized, but there is something protruding from it's chest.

Hunter548
2010-04-30, 06:56 PM
Arcent frowns softly, then hurls the twig in the direction of the humanoid form, eyes peeled for any clue as to what it is.

Dragero
2010-05-02, 12:47 PM
You can see a clearly unconsuise, if not dead, male human body. It seems to be holding a flask full of purple liquid in it's on limp hand. It has a large protruding from it's chest. The spike is coming from under the skin, but has not broken the skin. He appears to have been in much pain before passing out.

Saudade56
2010-05-03, 07:35 PM
Raston silently follows the others, keeping watch from the rear. Upon seeing the runes in the book and the vials of liquid, he scours his mind for a second time, trying to notice anything that tip him off to their purpose.

He looks forward as the twig floats forward, straining to see form in the darkness. His breath catches as he sees the body but he quickly recovers and walks forward, attempting to use his meager healing knowledge to determine the mans state.

Knowledge Arcana:[roll0]
Knowledge Religion:[roll1]
Heal:[roll2]

Dragero
2010-05-04, 05:29 PM
As soon as Raston sees the man, he knows it is Flamel. He appears to still be alive, but just barely, and unconsiouse.

He seems to have been poisoned, but your not sure how. Upon removing the shirt from his chest, it almost appears that his ribs have rapidly grown outward, but not quite piercing the skin.

The vial he is holding is slightly open. You can`t tell if any is missing.

VinGoodman
2010-05-04, 09:49 PM
Omlo shudders at the gruesome and unusual scene, but tries to shake the fear off. This smells of magic. Focus!

Omlo examines the scene, invoking a bit of magic to allow him to detect arcane signatures.

OOC know: arcana 1d20+7
spellcraft 1d20+9

Inevstigate, casting Detect Magic to help find magical signatures.

VinGoodman
2010-05-04, 09:51 PM
OOC know: arcana 1d20+7
spellcraft 1d20+9

Inevestigate, casting Detect Magic to help find magical signatures.

VinGoodman
2010-05-04, 09:52 PM
OOC know: arcana [roll0]
spellcraft [roll1]

Sorry about the triple post!
Inevestigating, casting Detect Magic to help find magical signatures.

Dragero
2010-05-05, 11:51 AM
Been using a different die roller recently?

Olmo has no clue what could have done this. It is nothing he has ever heard of, or ever seen.

VinGoodman
2010-05-05, 12:11 PM
Frustrated, Omlo looks to the book and tries to get a sense of what the book is for.

Dragero
2010-05-05, 12:28 PM
It appears to be notes about alchemy. The page it is on has a few snipets of understandible handwriting saying things like:

"I ma_ h_ _e fou_ _ the c_ _e to her si_ _ne_ _"
"Fo_ _d a _oss_ _ _ _ _ol_ti_n to it"
"Last one didn't wo_ _"
"Crea_in_ my o_n po_ _ _n to s_ _ _ her"
"H_r _on_s are _ _ _ _ing away"

His hand writing is very messy. Each _ is an unreadable letter.

Decifer the whole thing, and understand a lot more! Also get 250 bonus XP for each one decifered. (Exept the middle one)

Flamel moves his left hand slightly. He then goes limp again.

VinGoodman
2010-05-05, 12:35 PM
It appears to be notes about alchemy. The page it is on has a few snipets of understandible handwriting saying things like:

"I ma_ h_ _e fou_ _ the c_ _e to her si_ _ne_ _"
"Fo_ _d a _oss_ _ _ _ _ol_ti_n to it"
"Last one didn't wo_ _"
"Crea_in_ my o_n po_ _ _n to s_ _ _ her"
"H_r _on_s are _ _ _ _ing away"

His hand writing is very messy. Each _ is an unreadable letter.

Decifer the whole thing, and understand a lot more! Also get 250 bonus XP for each one decifered. (Exept the middle one)

Flamel moves his left hand slightly. He then goes limp again.

Omlo studies the handwriting carefully...

"I may have found the cure to her sickness"
"Found a possible solution to it"
"Last one didn't work"
"Creating my own potion to save her"
"Her bones are wasting away"

He turns to his party and shares his work with them.

Dragero
2010-05-05, 01:47 PM
Stupid smart wizard.....You got it. 1000 xp for all.

Look at the 2nd to last one, there is another possible solution.

Saudade56
2010-05-06, 02:44 PM
His breath catches as he sees his old friend... slowly he pulls words from within, "I can make no sense of any of this but this is my friend... He's still alive but poisoned. Omlo, do you see anything that can help him or us? I'm going to try to heal him.

Noticing the vial in his friends hand he adds, "Is there anything in that book about that vial he's holding?"

He prays to his god and casts the spell, hoping that it will help his friend.

Cure Light Wounds:1d8+2

He takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself, then waits.