PDA

View Full Version : resurrecting an old wizard (2e-3.5)

alisbin
2010-02-13, 08:58 PM
hey all,
i've been hankering to play my first wizard again and that means remaking him in 3.5. unfortunately, as much as i love wizards, i've not really played one seriously and long term since 2e, i've played a few low level ones and i played one in neverwinter nights for awhile, but that really doesn't count. so its time to remake and reimagine Karak Firestorm and i could use some help. i'm remaking the whole party so he'll have some interesting backup, namely an immortal (setting specific, i used the leshay race from epic level handbook as the closest i could find) and an ancient copper dragon (also his familiar, long story). they are all epic in the neighborhood of 33 so thats the target level.

basic idea; originally from the glantri high college of magic (top magic school in the mystara setting from 2e and he was rated pretty high) so he's not a slouch, not a perfect Batman/GOD but still needs to be better then most mages wandering around. he was originally a wild mage, but i HATE the 3.5 version of the wild mage, doesn't feel right to me, so i'm thinking ultimate magus metamagic build to reflect his skill with making low level spells WAY tougher. Beyond that i'm kinda lost, i want him to still have a little of the 2e wild magic feel and about equal parts blaster and batman. he isn't a party face type and he has issues with mind control so no beguiler and easy on those spell types, otherwise i'm pretty open to good aligned builds. his original 2e stats were amazing (wish i still had those dice) so multiple high stats are not a problem plus i had a monty haul DM for one part of his adventures and i ended up with several stat bonus tomes and a few wishes that went my way (granted, there was the one that got him kicked out of the mystara plane but you take the good with the bad eh?).

race: human
stats: 11, 14, 14, 18, 15, 18
class must include generalist wizard