PDA

View Full Version : Please help me update the Daelkar Half-Blood v.3.5 to v.4.0 DnD (Magic of Eberron)

realbombchu
2010-02-13, 09:30 PM
I've played with this idea before. I think I even posted something about it here not too long ago. I would like to update the Daelkar Half-Blood to 4th edition DnD, but I'm hitting some road blocks and would like some suggestions.

Here is what I have so far in kind of a fill-in-the-blanks way:

(I need one line of flavor text here.)

Racial Traits

Average Height: (I'll take fill these in later)
Average Weight: (Ditto)

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma (This makes them good rogues, chaos sorcerers, and warlocks, which seem the most obvious class choices to me.)
Size: Medium (Of course.)
Speed: 6 squares (Same old.)
Vision: (This is trickier, because the game is moving away from darkvision, but the daelkar still have it, even if humans do not. Suggestions please.)

Languages: Common (I'll take suggestions here, too. I doubt they should know daelkar, but they might get "choice of one other" for being part human.)
Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff (I figure that they have to hide their nature a lot, and they don't strike me as the kind of people who mind lying. That, and it's a good skill for all three favored classes. Player races get two bonuses, though, so what should the other one be? Dungeoneering? Intimidate? Something else?)
Aberrant Origin (works just like fey origin, except that you're aberrant instead.)

Now we get to the part of their stats where we talk about powers. There is usually one constant benefit (such as a +1 bonus to one defense) and an at-will or encounter power (which may be chosen from a list).

I think a power that dazes the enemy whenever you get hit with a psychic power is cool, but too powerful, so I chose this ability:

Alien Psyche: You have a +1 racial bonus to your Will defense.

The three symbionts they started with in v.3.5 were the breed leech, the crawling gauntlet, and the throwing scarab. I could see giving the daelkar half-blood 3 racial powers to choose from, each representing a different symbiont.

For the breed leech, they get a racial encounter power similar to the warforged resolve power.

For the crawling gauntlet, they get a natural claw attack identical to the gnoll claw fighter, including the ability to enchant the claw.

For the throwing scarab, it's kind of like a endless supply of shuriken, which can also be enchanted. I haven't worked out the details of this one yet.

Thanks for reading this far and for any help! :)