PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Binders

Zergrusheddie
2010-02-14, 02:11 AM
I am thinking of joining a game where I will start at level 10. I was thinking of playing a Binder because they look like a really interesting class. One of my Bind 'slots' in going to be Zceryll but I am a little clueless on what is another good one. Is it acceptable for a Binder to just summon Friends and mostly sit in the back or should I grab a vestige that would allow me to do something every round?

Best of luck y'all.
-Eddie

alchemyprime
2010-02-14, 02:41 AM
Really, it's up to you.

Me? I'd go with my favorite vestiges: Malphas, Focalor or Savnok.

Yes. Free bird, free lightning or free full plate. Your choice. I'm currently playing a level 2 binder, and Savnok is ALWAYS my vestige in the field. Next level, I'll be switching between Savnok and Focalor. But Zceryll is fun too.

Thurbane
2010-02-14, 09:14 PM
Savnok is pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of Balam, as well.

Optimystik
2010-02-15, 12:09 AM
The Binder Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=137.0) has great suggestions on which vestiges to bind at each level, as well as which ones are traps.

JoshuaZ
2010-02-15, 12:19 AM
I am thinking of joining a game where I will start at level 10. I was thinking of playing a Binder because they look like a really interesting class. One of my Bind 'slots' in going to be Zceryll but I am a little clueless on what is another good one. Is it acceptable for a Binder to just summon Friends and mostly sit in the back or should I grab a vestige that would allow me to do something every round?

Best of luck y'all.
-Eddie

You can change what you bind daily. This is important. Sure, Zceryll might be nice, but you don't need to be set on it or any other. You may however want to talk to your DM about non-ToM official WoTC vestiges. Since having access to them substantially increases the versatility of binders, some people play that you have to learn about those vestiges somehow or something similar rather than just get them as default vestiges you know about.

Optimystik
2010-02-15, 12:34 AM
You can change what you bind daily. This is important. Sure, Zceryll might be nice, but you don't need to be set on it or any other. You may however want to talk to your DM about non-ToM official WoTC vestiges. Since having access to them substantially increases the versatility of binders, some people play that you have to learn about those vestiges somehow or something similar rather than just get them as default vestiges you know about.

There are benefits to picking one primary vestige though - the Favored Vestige feat line (and especially Rapid Recovery) is very powerful with certain vestiges, like Zceryll. Also, Knight of the Sacred Seal is an excellent PrC to take - full BAB, binding, powerful abilities and you become an outsider at the capstone.