PDA

View Full Version : FMA Homunculus PC? 3.5

Rosalinath
2010-02-14, 04:11 PM
yo ^^ I need help making a flavorful and useful character. A friend of mine is running a 3.5 campaign with the setting being that of the world of (you guessed it) Full Metal Alchemist. The houserules are few, with all Arcane magic being classified as alchemy with divine magic is reserved for Homunculus and the occasional crazy forest witch. Its low magic if you haven't figured that out yet, and magic items are scarce.

What I need help with is making a Homunculus. This will be a 4 person campaign, but with each of them being solo. I get to have 2 characters, with both being Homunculus and only one is a pc. The other is an npc but I am to make him/her.

this is what being a Homunculus grants the character:

I. Three free aberration feats (any bloodline/heritage feat that is evil okay really)

II. One Divine Spell-like Ability of the pcs choice that is of the highest level of the characters level, and is from either the evocation necromancy or transmutation schools. i.e. A level 5 Fighter can have a spell of up to lv. 3. this will be 3/day. Can swap out the spell once every 4 levels, similar to a sorcerer.

III. Ability modifiers are +2 constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma

IV. SR 5+HD against arcane spells

The LA is +1, which seems overpowered yes but Alchemists have similar things for them.

All books are available except for Tome of Magic, Psionics, Incarnum, and anything else that has new systems of magic. Book of nine swords is fine though.

What should I make for these two to be well rounded and strong enough to survive? Combat isn't the focus but when it does pop up it will be very challenging. The level we start at is 5th, the npc being 5th as well. Starting wealth is half of standard, the other half can be used for crafting and/or features or feats that require wealth such as the kensai or Ancestral weapon. If I missed something please request the info and I'll call the dm and ask