Alignment: Chaotic Good

STATS (32 pts buy)

STR 14
DEX 17 (main stat)
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 8
CHA 14

1 Swashbuckler Exotic Weapon proficiency: Elven Courtblade , bonus feat weapon finesse
2 Paladin of Freedom
3 Paladin of Freedom Combat Expertise divine grace
4 Swashbuckler
5 Fighter Dodge
6 Fighter Mounted combat
7 Swashbuckler insightful strike

EDIT:
1x Warblade (might remove fighter and take 2 more warblade levels instead, even if it delays Champion)
2x Champion of Corellon Larethian
10x Eternal Blade

Obviously the build is quite MAD. But your damage is 1d10+STR 1.5+DEX+INT. Eventually, with power attack and shock trooper, I'm guessing the damage can rival a barbarian's against a non-crit immune character. It'll be an expensive fighter to equip though (you benefit from magic items for every stat).

Champion gives you 4 bonus feats (which helps compensate for the requirements) but they have to be based on mounted combat, dodge or combat expertise. And honestly I'm at a loss as to which to take.

The armor bonuses work with medium armors (and a mithral breasplate doesn't work against a swashbuckler's ability) so you should have 13 AC from wearing one without taking any penalties.

Pluto
2010-02-14, 04:15 PM
Advice for suitable templates or other prestige classes ?
Eternal Blade (ToB) is made of sunshine and smiling babes.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-14, 04:18 PM
Eternal Blade (ToB) is made of sunshine and smiling babes.

+1 to this, also why High elf? IIRC it gives you a str penalty fire elf seems tastier, you loose the str penalty and retain the int bonus

Harperfan7
2010-02-14, 04:33 PM
The other playgrounders won't like it, but half-celestial would fit pretty well.

You could say specifically half-eladrin.

I like your build. Eternal blade is cool, but I'm not the biggest fan of ToB, so go with whichever you like best.

Soranar
2010-02-14, 05:05 PM
+1 to this, also why High elf? IIRC it gives you a str penalty fire elf seems tastier, you loose the str penalty and retain the int bonus

High elf is +2 Dex , -2 Con, like most other elf races. Offers no penalties to the build outside of the Con.

Fire elf cost Cha (saves and lay on hands) to get more Int (1 to damage against non crit immune and 1 skillpoint per level).

So I lose saves for a minor boost. Not convinced.

LA +4 templates are far too pricy for what they give imo so no I don't see the benefit.

Eternal blade sounds interesting. I only need 2 levels of Champion to get the best of it so I could dip into Warblade to meet the requirements. Would also help deal with crit immune races (like undead), damage reduction, Island in time could let me take out a spellcaster before he can do anything too. Definitely worth it.

Harperfan7
2010-02-14, 05:16 PM
Half-celestial is full of goodies, in particular it will will help fix your MAD, give you SR, and some cleric-magic goodness.

But I thought it was LA +3.

Pechvarry
2010-02-14, 06:38 PM
Not exactly optimal, but fun use for those feats that require dodge or combat expertise:

Mobility, Elusive Target (CW), Improved Trip. Using combat expertise to up your AC, run around in circles pulling out everyone's AoOs, trip and smack them for their efforts.

Thurbane
2010-02-14, 08:58 PM
Can you work some Elf Paragon in there? Doesn't add much mechanically, but is quite thematic to the build. Also, Ruathar?

herrhauptmann
2010-02-14, 09:20 PM
Half-celestial is full of goodies, in particular it will will help fix your MAD, give you SR, and some cleric-magic goodness.

But I thought it was LA +3.

Nope, half celestial and fiend are both +4. Mostly because of the stat boosts I think, but the flight, and level dependent abilities are all useful as well.

Soranar
2010-02-15, 12:09 AM
Can you work some Elf Paragon in there? Doesn't add much mechanically, but is quite thematic to the build. Also, Ruathar?

Both of those classes are spellcasting oriented and bring nothing to the build. Can't really find any justification for using them. Besides I really need full BAB to meet the Eternal blade requirements (+10 BAB) and since it's a class restricted to elves it keeps with the elven champion theme.

sambo.
2010-02-15, 12:34 AM
err, afaik: if you want Paladin levels, you have to take them first (unless your DM says otherwise ofc....)