PDA

View Full Version : Help finding these feats:

Os1ris09
2010-02-14, 08:40 PM
I checked the SRD and for some reason I can't find them. nor can I find them on the compiled list on WOTC.

Feats:
Practiced Manifester(Ardent)
Monastic Training(Psychic Theurge)(monk Bonus feat)
Tashalatora(Psychic Theurge) ...allows Psychic Theurge to Progress monk Abilities(Unarmed Damage,AC,FLURRY of Blows)

Kylarra
2010-02-14, 08:43 PM
1. Complete Psi
2. Eberron Campaign Setting
3. Secrets of Sarlona

taltamir
2010-02-14, 08:44 PM
1. Complete Psi
2. Eberron Campaign Setting
3. Secrets of Sarlona

do you have eidetic memory or are you just THAT experienced with DnD 3e? :P

Kylarra
2010-02-14, 08:48 PM
do you have eidetic memory or are you just THAT experienced with DnD 3e? :PI'm just that good. :smalltongue:

Actually I was looking up tashalatora stuff earlier for a friend.

Thurbane
2010-02-14, 08:49 PM
Ninja'd by an IE crash! :smallbiggrin:

Os1ris09
2010-02-14, 09:05 PM
Secrets of Sarlona?
Is that a 3e book? Also can anyone explain to me how an item familiar works. I read the paragraph but I do not get how it works mechanically.

Fluffles
2010-02-14, 09:26 PM
Secrets of Sarlona is 3e, and I think it's a Faerun book.

RebelRogue
2010-02-14, 09:28 PM
Secrets of Sarlona is 3e, and I think it's a Faerun book.
Nope. 3.5 Eberron.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-14, 09:34 PM
Secrets of Sarlona?
Is that a 3e book? Also can anyone explain to me how an item familiar works. I read the paragraph but I do not get how it works mechanically.

a. When a character chooses to invest his life energy into his item familiar, his current XP total and all future XP awards increase by 10%.
So just say you invest your life into it: increase XP (but penalty if lost).

b. Invest skill points: every 3 put in the ring adds +1 bonus to a skill

c. Invest Spell slot: just say you invest a spell slot and gain a free bonus spell slot.

d. Sapience: Item becomes Intelligent (ego too)

e. At level 10: gains additional abilities (from the list)

Anything else?

Os1ris09
2010-02-14, 09:44 PM
a. When a character chooses to invest his life energy into his item familiar, his current XP total and all future XP awards increase by 10%.
So just say you invest your life into it: increase XP (but penalty if lost).

b. Invest skill points: every 3 put in the ring adds +1 bonus to a skill

c. Invest Spell slot: just say you invest a spell slot and gain a free bonus spell slot.

d. Sapience: Item becomes Intelligent (ego too)

e. At level 10: gains additional abilities (from the list)

Anything else?

The part that is bold when you put skill points in it how is it beneficial towards you. The way I see it you loose 2 skill points everytime you do so.

Pluto
2010-02-14, 09:46 PM
The part that is bold when you put skill points in it how is it beneficial towards you. The way I see it you loose 2 skill points everytime you do so.

As long as the item is with you, you benefit from the 3 invested skill points as if you had put them directly in skills.

And the +1 bonuses effectively let you double your ranks in skills that matter to you.
(Like Spellcraft, Truespeak, Bluff, etc.)

Os1ris09
2010-02-14, 09:49 PM
As long as the item is with you, you benefit from the 3 invested skill points as if you had put them directly in skills.

And the +1 bonuses effectively let you double your ranks in skills that matter to you.
(Like Spellcraft, Truespeak, Bluff, etc.)

So if I understand correctly you get all the points. So if I put 3 points of Spellcraft into the item I get back 4. the 3 actual points and the 1 bonus point?

Pluto
2010-02-14, 09:51 PM
So if I understand correctly you get all the points. So if I put 3 points of Spellcraft into the item I get back 4. the 3 actual points and the 1 bonus point?
That sounds right.

taltamir
2010-02-14, 10:02 PM

or rather, if you put 3 points into it you permanently lose 3 points of spellcraft and it gains an enchantment giving +4 untyped bonus to spellcraft to the wearer as long as he is bonded to it. (which can be further raised)

If you put 30 points of spellcraft in it, you lose 30 points and it becomes a +40 spellcraft item... and so on.

Heliomance
2010-02-14, 10:05 PM
How did Item Familiar ever get past the proofreaders? And is there any DM ever that would actually allow it? It's cheese of the highest order.

Bibliomancer
2010-02-14, 10:07 PM
or rather, if you put 3 points into it you permanently lose 3 points of spellcraft and it gains an enchantment giving +4 untyped bonus to spellcraft to the wearer as long as he is bonded to it. (which can be further raised)

If you put 30 points of spellcraft in it, you lose 30 points and it becomes a +40 spellcraft item... and so on.

I was under the impression that you only got n untypeda bonus equal to 1/3 of the points invested, which stacked with your ranks in that skill. Thus, you could invest (level +3) x 4 skill points in a specific skill to gain (effectively) twice the maximum amount of ranks in it. Thus, it is only good when situations when you need to boost a single skill to absurd heights (like truenamer).

Amphetryon
2010-02-14, 10:09 PM
The chief proofreaders of UA, James Beam and John "red" Walker, saw no problems with Item Familiar. Neither did their Mexican cousin, Seņor Quervo.

Splendor
2010-02-14, 10:10 PM
How did Item Familiar ever get past the proofreaders? And is there any DM ever that would actually allow it? It's cheese of the highest order.

Two types of DMs allow item familiars:
1) People who play high magic, high level ridiculous games I don't like.
2) DMs who like to sunder people's Item Familiars.

Os1ris09
2010-02-14, 10:23 PM
Ok then, I am gonna ask my DM if I can do that.

Edit: Also can anyone help me find this class?

I think it is in expidition to castle ravenloft

Knight of the Raven 7

taltamir
2010-02-14, 10:58 PM
I was under the impression that you only got n untypeda bonus equal to 1/3 of the points invested, which stacked with your ranks in that skill. Thus, you could invest (level +3) x 4 skill points in a specific skill to gain (effectively) twice the maximum amount of ranks in it. Thus, it is only good when situations when you need to boost a single skill to absurd heights (like truenamer).

your invested ranks + your own ranks cannot exceed the max amount. your invested ranks are still in the item, so if you put 3 ranks in it, it gives a plus 1 bonus, but it still also makes those 3 base ranks available... so the total difference between having it and not having it is 4 ranks. so in effect it acts like a +4 item.
you cannot put (level + 3)x4 ranks into it, only level +3.

so: at level 5 (max rank 5+3 = 8) you can put have 5 ranks not invested, 3 ranks invested (total 8), which gives a +1 bonus, for a total of 9... 4 of which are lost if you lose the item (the 3 invested and the +1 bonus).
you can also invest all 8, giving you a +2 bonus. All 10 are lost if you lose the item.

btw, if you die and get resurrected you are totally screwed :P

Thurbane
2010-02-14, 11:25 PM
Ok then, I am gonna ask my DM if I can do that.

Edit: Also can anyone help me find this class?

I think it is in expidition to castle ravenloft

Knight of the Raven 7
KotR (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5657589&postcount=11) is indeed in the EtCR hardcover module.

Os1ris09
2010-02-15, 12:25 AM
KotR (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5657589&postcount=11) is indeed in the EtCR hardcover module.

can you please list all the class abilities????

Thurbane
2010-02-15, 07:04 PM
can you please list all the class abilities????
Unfortunately not, that would be a violation of copyright, and against the forum rules...

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-15, 07:37 PM
Two types of DMs allow item familiars:
1) People who play high magic, high level ridiculous games I don't like.
2) DMs who like to sunder people's Item Familiars.

3: DMs who allow Truenamers.

taltamir
2010-02-15, 08:17 PM

3 is a special case, they will allow item familiars ONLY to true namers.
and they will disallow inheriting an existing item. (why waste your own skillpoints? train a bunch of apprentices, teach them all to have an item familiar, have them imbue it with the max EVERYTHING that they can. then kill them. Bind the best item familiar to yourself gaining free XP, spell slots, skillpoints, etc...)

absolmorph
2010-02-16, 01:26 AM
4: DMs who find your cheese delicious and want more for their own amusement.
Which, I suppose, counts as 1 in that it's typically a high-power game. Except that they wouldn't mind seeing Pun Pun, so long as they don't hog the spot light.
(Honestly, if any of my players tried to make Pun Pun, I would let them. I would just have a chat with them after the session to make sure they don't overshadow all the other players. I find all the cheese that's used on here incredibly amusing.)

Os1ris09
2010-02-16, 02:25 AM
Unfortunately not, that would be a violation of copyright, and against the forum rules...

This is true. I forgot sorry for asking.