PDA

View Full Version : [Any] Mr. Plow

Hallavast
2010-02-14, 10:34 PM
Don't know if this has ever been done here, but it came up in another thread (kinda).

What level/build is Homer Simpson?

Use whatever d20 game system you like for this (3.5, pathfinder, 4ed, d20 modern, star wars, whatever).

Consider Homer at his most powerful or most entertaining.

Have fun. :smallcool:

Glimbur
2010-02-14, 10:41 PM
RISUS (http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/risus.htm).

Drunkard: 4
Father: 3
Balding: 2
Nuclear Safety: 1

Mongoose87
2010-02-14, 10:42 PM
Donut-infested commoner.

Lysander
2010-02-15, 01:01 AM
Considering the amount of damage Homer has survived I'd say he's a high level commoner with incredibly high CON, average DEX and CHA, low STR, and abysmal INT and WIS. And you know he has the Leadership feat and that Marge is his cohort, because no sane woman would stay with that man unless the universal rules required it.

Lvl45DM!
2010-02-15, 01:08 AM
You think homer has a higher DEX than STR? Considering that on multiple occasions he has beefed up and gotten ripped with relative ease but is consistently clumsy i would think that his DEX is much lower

Lysander
2010-02-15, 01:12 AM
But look at how many song and dance numbers he's been in.

taltamir
2010-02-15, 01:26 AM
str 10
dex 7
con 18
int 6
wis 3
cha 15

he is an expert or commoner with ranks in profession (nuclear operator). unfortunately, his abysmal wisdom gives him a large penalty to doing that.
plus his shenanigans are more roleplay then stat related. (being lazy and not caring about safety)

Lvl45DM!
2010-02-15, 01:53 AM
I wildly object to his perfectly average strength score.
He holds his own in a number of fights, dealing out quite severe punishment. Indicates strength around 14-15 at least

BenTheJester
2010-02-15, 01:59 AM
int of 6?

you're being real generous here.

I'd agree with a str of 12-14. And Con is at VERY LEAST 18. I'd say 20-24.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-15, 02:09 AM
What, no one has linked Flaming Homer, the Bowling Ball of DOOM (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4108954&postcount=22) yet?

Lysander
2010-02-15, 02:30 AM
I would argue that Homer definitely has 0 ranks in Profession (nuclear safety engineer). Instead he'd have Profession (corporate deadweight)

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-15, 02:31 AM
I would argue that Homer definitely has 0 ranks in Profession (nuclear safety engineer). Instead he'd have Profession (corporate deadweight)

He also has 1 rank in several different Craft skills. Due to his steep Int penalty, plus likely a Flaw, this means he's got negatives on these attempts at using the Craft skill.

Totally Guy
2010-02-15, 03:05 PM
Burning Wheel interpretation::smallwink: I know you wanted D20 but I couldn't resist.

Character Name: Homer Simpson
Lifepaths: Born Village, Lazy Stayabout, Peddler, Head of Household

Stats:
Perception B2, (Homer struggles with academics)
Will B7, (He stands up for what he believes in and people tend to like him)
Agility B3, (Homer is not the most graceful)
Speed B2, Speed Multiplier x3.5 (He's slow moving)
Power B4, (About average)
Forte B6. (He's just keeps going...)

Attributes:
Reflexes B2, (2 actions per fight exchange... that's bad.)
Steel B4, Hesitation 3 (He doesn't scare easily but he frequently fails to stay composed)
Health B6, (He doesn't get sick and he's quick to recover from injury)
Resources B1 (He's quite poor, maybe Marge is in charge of their account)
Circles B3 (He knows a few interesting people)

Physical Tolerances:
Superficial wound B4,
Light wound B7, (This is very high for a light wound.:smallsmile:)
Midi wound B8,
Severe wound B9,
Traumatic wound B10,
Mortal wound B11. (This is just above average)

Skills: Lazy-wise B4, Mending B1, Carpentry B1, Hunting B2, Wife-wise B2, Inconspicuous B5, Persuasion B4, Conspicuous B3, Oratory B3, Brawling B1.

Property: House, Clothes, TV, furniture, car.
Affiliations: The nuclear plant crew 1D (He get a bonus to finding workmates)
Reputations: Loveable village idiot. 1D
Relationships: Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie

Traits:
Blank Stare (people have a hard time convincing him things because he doesn't understand)
A little fat (He is rewarded whenever this becomes a plot point)
Charismatic (He gets a bonus to Persuasion and Oratory)
Drunk (when he sees beer he must test his steel to keep his composure)
Lost (He has difficulty finding places)

Beliefs: (Homer is rewarded for the following behaviour)
Every week I'll cause trouble somehow.
I'll be responsible for restoring the status quo when things go wrong.
My family comes first, I'll create a zany opportunity to put them ahead.
Instincts: (Homer is rewarded whenever these cause trouble for him or grant him the benefit of the doubt if they would ever help)
Always express sudden emotion vocally.
When sassed by Bart, grab him in a lock.
Never refuse an offer or invitation.

holywhippet
2010-02-15, 03:17 PM
Considering the amount of damage Homer has survived I'd say he's a high level commoner with incredibly high CON

Actually I'd be tempted to say he's levelled up in barbarian enough to get damage reduction - hence his resistance to damage. For CON I'd say he has a penalty because he's been shown to collapse wheezing after running a mere dozen feet.

He loses his barbarian speed enhancement due to his encumbrance from fat.

DarknessLord
2010-02-15, 03:41 PM
Burning Wheel interpretation::smallwink: I know you wanted D20 but I couldn't resist.

*snip*

You sir, are totally awesome.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-15, 05:29 PM
Actually I'd be tempted to say he's levelled up in barbarian enough to get damage reduction - hence his resistance to damage. For CON I'd say he has a penalty because he's been shown to collapse wheezing after running a mere dozen feet.

And yet, when chasing something like Beer, he could run a marathon...

Twilight Jack
2010-02-15, 05:45 PM
I would imagine that anyone in the Simpsons could be easily modeled by a PL3-6 Mutants & Masterminds build. Hell, run on over to the Atomic Think Tank (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/); they probably already have a few builds posted.

Lysander
2010-02-15, 07:27 PM

That would explain his illiteracy...

Raiki
2010-02-15, 07:36 PM

Also his ability to deal damage in fights, yet be unable to open a pickle jar. He has a strange homebrew flaw that only lets him rage when he's actually angry.

~R~

Xenogears
2010-02-15, 07:38 PM

I thought that was from a bestow curse pencil to the brain.

Raiki
2010-02-15, 07:43 PM
I thought that was from a bestow curse pencil crayon to the brain.

Fixed that for you.

~R~

Xenogears
2010-02-15, 07:47 PM
Fixed that for you.

~R~

oh yeah. damn. now i feel stupid.

Raiki
2010-02-15, 08:08 PM
oh yeah. damn. now i feel stupid.

Don't. Remember, the fact that I recollected correctly and you didn't probably just means I've watched more episodes of The Simpsons than you. Now, who has two thumbs and is really the stupid one?

(o.o) This guy.
|d b|

~R~

Moglorosh
2010-02-15, 09:34 PM
I wildly object to his perfectly average strength score.
He holds his own in a number of fights, dealing out quite severe punishment. Indicates strength around 14-15 at leastHe used a motorcycle as a two-handed weapon once.

Lysander
2010-02-15, 10:30 PM
And there was that episode where he became an amateur boxer and we learn his head naturally is as durable as a football helmet. That's DR, so he's at least a level 7 barbarian. But he frequently gets exhausted, so he doesn't have Tireless Rage yet. So he's somewhere between level 7 and level 16.