PDA

View Full Version : A fridge moment about Grubwiggler

Ted The Bug
2010-02-15, 01:05 AM
In 574 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0574.html), Celia says that she'll get to Grubwiggler's mansion by following the guy with his brother's corpse. But when she arrives (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0575.html), the guy gone, and Grubwiggler is standing alone. Normally this wouldn't matter too much, but sine the guy was bringing his brother to sell, if Celia had seen him do business with Grubwiggler first, she wouldn't have given him Roy's corpse.
Not anything dramatically flawed, just a little continuity error. That being said, had there not been that error, and had Celia found out what Grubwiggler did before it was too late, there never would have been the Thieves' Guild story arc, which would have meant that Belkar would possibly have never been cured. Just wondering if this has been pointed out before.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-15, 01:17 AM
Grubby can probibly make only one golem at a time, so he has pepole wait in a line, and come up when he calls for them.

Ron Miel
2010-02-15, 04:51 AM
Perhaps a guy dragging a corpse by hand doesn't move as quickly as a donkey and cart.

Turkish Delight
2010-02-15, 07:53 AM
Perhaps a guy dragging a corpse by hand doesn't move as quickly as a donkey and cart.

She's following him, though. Doesn't matter who moves faster.

Optimystik
2010-02-15, 09:35 AM
Grubby can probibly make only one golem at a time, so he has pepole wait in a line, and come up when he calls for them.

This. The guy left Celia at the bridge and went up alone with his brother's body. While in there, he may or may not have told Grubwiggler that there was a girl with a cart that wanted to see him too. Some time later, Grub came down to greet her himself while the man either waited in the castle or left by another door.

No errors here, move along

ThePhantasm
2010-02-15, 10:53 AM
Because the guy with the corpse was only there for humor purposes, not to become a character.

Ancalagon
2010-02-15, 11:16 AM
In 574 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0574.html), Celia says that she'll get to Grubwiggler's mansion by following the guy with his brother's corpse. But when she arrives (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0575.html), the guy gone, and Grubwiggler is standing alone. Normally this wouldn't matter too much, but sine the guy was bringing his brother to sell, if Celia had seen him do business with Grubwiggler first, she wouldn't have given him Roy's corpse.
Not anything dramatically flawed, just a little continuity error. That being said, had there not been that error, and had Celia found out what Grubwiggler did before it was too late, there never would have been the Thieves' Guild story arc, which would have meant that Belkar would possibly have never been cured. Just wondering if this has been pointed out before.

Explanations:
1. There was a time-jump in between. Celia was outside while he bartered inside, then went in.
2. The guy dealt with an assistant.
3. He bartered and Celia did not listen (she's polite, you know?)
4. He bartered and Celia did not get it (yeah, HOW could something like that happen?)
5. It's a real mistake but does not matter at all as there are enough valid explanations (see above plus add the dozen I missed).

Zanaril
2010-02-15, 11:23 AM
The other guy took the "frequent customers" entrance.

Ancalagon
2010-02-15, 11:44 AM
The other guy took the "frequent customers" entrance.

Or he fell off the drawbrigde while Celia was still around the corner? Who cares?

Doppelganger
2010-02-15, 02:54 PM
Grubby said "I need five corpses to make a single flesh golem."

So, maybe he didn't have four more, and so he just tossed the guy some silver and threw the body in the corpse bin. And then killed the guy for his corpse?

-Pixie

Boogastreehouse
2010-02-15, 02:57 PM
This thread reminds me of the long-forgotten concept of the no-prize.

Back in the '70s, Marvel Comics actually wrote good stories had a fun tradition. Fans would occasionally write in pointing out a continuity error, and if the fan included an explanation that neatly smoothed over the inconsistency, their letter was posted in the letters page, and they were awarded a "no-prize." A no-prize was, as the name implies, recognition for their achievement with no material award or prize presented beyond the glory and prestige.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-15, 03:01 PM

Back in the '70s, Marvel Comics actually wrote good stories had a fun tradition. Fans would occasionally write in pointing out a continuity error, and if the fan included an explanation that neatly smoothed over the inconsistency, their letter was posted in the letters page, and they were awarded a "no-prize." A no-prize was, as the name implies, recognition for their achievement with no material award or prize presented beyond the glory and prestige.

actually i know of a webcomic who still gives out the no-prize.

its called Sore Thumbs. check it out and praise thine mighty Jimmy!

DBJack
2010-02-15, 06:53 PM
Or when she pulled up in her cart, Grubwiggler gave the man some coins and his servant took his brother's body.

Tiktakkat
2010-02-15, 08:09 PM

Back in the '70s, Marvel Comics actually wrote good stories had a fun tradition.

:smalltongue:

I remember those days.

Fans would occasionally write in pointing out a continuity error, and if the fan included an explanation that neatly smoothed over the inconsistency, their letter was posted in the letters page, and they were awarded a "no-prize." A no-prize was, as the name implies, recognition for their achievement with no material award or prize presented beyond the glory and prestige.

I remember those days too.
:smallwink:

Then again, remembering when comics had letter pages is an accomplishment these days.
:smallsigh:

slayerx
2010-02-16, 12:13 AM

Oh you see it's obvious that before he got to Grubwiggler's place he had a changed his mind, realized he didn't want to make two full trips and decided to go and pick up his wife... he pointed celia in the right direction before he left...

Gift Jeraff
2010-02-16, 11:14 AM
While we're on the topic, what race are Grubwiggler and his assistants? I looked through the old discussion topics and used search, but found nothing. D:

hamishspence
2010-02-16, 11:22 AM
He's described as "froggy" several times- he might be something like a bullywug. While they are in Monsters of Faerun, in earlier editions I don't think they were Faerun-only.

Raging Gene Ray
2010-02-16, 02:10 PM
While we're on the topic, what race are Grubwiggler and his assistants? I looked through the old discussion topics and used search, but found nothing. D:

I thought they were both human, but with skin problems.

t3h l3g1t m4g3
2010-02-16, 09:13 PM

Actually, Marvel still gives out the no-prize, as far as I know.