PDA

View Full Version : To Lead a People [D&D 3.5] [IC]

esorscher
2010-02-15, 05:02 AM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142057)

You have just completed a hard day's work adventuring, and while cooling your heels at the Drunken Urchin, a man bursts through the door--

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!"

You spring to your feet, and take a look out the window. Smoke is rising in the distance. Minotaurs, coming from the north and the east, are rampaging down the streets, leaving wanton destruction in their wake. A quick count tells you there are six in all, but with the smoke in the distance, you doubt that these are the only monsters in town. How they got past the guards, you have no idea.

And so it begins...

{table=head]User|Character|Race|Class|Cohort
Kumori_Ekisu|Alexis Koji (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=185187)|Human|Kensai 12|none
Xealot7|Balinor Amnell (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=2146)|Human|Paladin 5/ Grey Guard 7|Dana Amnell (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=2179)
Kira_The_5th|Catalina of Asanath (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=34771)|Human|Wizard 5/ Malconvoker 7|Balthazar (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=34790)
Corey|Thorn Greenheart (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=185642)|Human|Druid 12| none
[/table]

A few things:

1) For large battles, initiative will be party-based. That is, you all roll initiative and the average is your party's roll (and the same for your enemies).

2) Roll crit confirmation and damage whenever applicable in advance, as well as a preemptive AoO, and skill checks.

Battle Map (I'll update with your positions after the first round; you can start wherever you want inside the Drunken Urchin.)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Withoutcheese/battlemap11.png

KEY: Blue = Minotaur; Red = Door; Yellow = Window

Breaking a window takes a standard action (either to smash it with your hand or with a weapon), climbing out of a broken window (or jumping out of a broken window) takes a move action.

Kumori
2010-02-15, 07:51 AM
Looking back from the window at everyone in the room, Alexis quickly evaluates everyones' fighting ability. She looks to her friend Balinor when she begins to speak. "We can take them! We call their attention to us and use the door as a choke point - they can't get around us, and we thin them out to take them down one by one." She draws her sword as she quickly rushes over to the door, standing about five feet inside, "I'll take the front line with anyone else who thinks they can handle it. Who's with me?"

OOC:
Initiative:[1d20+3]
Assuming letters across the top, numbers on the side, I move to Q24 and ready an attack at any enemy who enters a threatened square.

Kumori
2010-02-15, 07:52 AM
OOC - I goofed the roll after previewing the post... sorry for doublepost.
Initiative: [roll0]

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-15, 01:50 PM
Catalina looks up at the woman running towards the door. "Balthy, be a dear and help the young lady hold the door. I'll see what I can call in to help you."

"Yes, Milady." Balthazar says, nodding his head. He follows Alexis to the door and readies his shield. "Milady Catalina says to protect this door and you."

Action: Balthazar will move to next to Alexis at Q23, and Catalina will move over closer to a window so she can summon something outside.

Initiatives:

Catalina: [roll0]
Balthazar: [roll1]

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-15, 01:51 PM
OOC: It's ok, I wound up doing the same thing...
Initiatives:
Catalina: [roll0]
Balthazar: [roll1]

Xealot7
2010-02-15, 02:17 PM
"Joshua, take Dana and put her under the stair well, and take up a defensive position." comes the calm yet commanding voice of the Paladin. "Yes Sir!" comes the rather high pitched voice of the adolescent squire. Both the squire and the frail woman move to the back of the inn as the large Paladin moves to the door to help defend his comrades. Balinor barks a few more orders, telling patrons to turn tables on their sides and get behind them before peering out the door to assess the situation.

Actions:
Balinor moves to Q25 and peers out the window.
Sense Motive to tell if the Minotaurs are coming here or somewhere else in the town. [roll0]

Dana moves under the stairwell, with Joshua in front of her.

Xealot7
2010-02-15, 02:19 PM
Oh, duh, Initiative [roll0]

Corey
2010-02-15, 04:38 PM
Given my previous problems rolling, I'm going to roll initiative FIRST, then edit in the rest. ;) Bard isn't built yet, so I won't roll for him. :)

Intiative: [roll0]

---------------

Setting on townspeople's furniture grows tiring after a while for those not accustomed to it. So Thorn was standing near the door, feeling its very faint breeze, when the trouble started.

Darting outside to take a look, he saw that at least six monsters were in the town's streets. I wonder where they came from, and how they got in.

(I haven't counted squares, but let's say 10 feet outside the door, to give other folks the chance to move around him.)

With everybody around him preparing for battle, Thorn did the same. If there's anyway to stop a fight with those guys, it's probably by looking very prepared for one. Not that it's apt to work ... His body because to change shape, color, texture, and above all size, and soon a brown/gray bear stood where a man had been a moment earlier.

(Bear, Polar stats. Using an extra wildshape for the +2/+2.)

esorscher
2010-02-15, 05:44 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Withoutcheese/battlemap12.png

Key: Your post color matches your circle; characters under your control (PCs, Cohorts, and those you gain from the leadership feat) are outlined in red.

You act before the minotaurs, and your presence (particularly the appearance of the large polar bear) draws their attention. Their reaction is peculiar, however. One of the minotaur approaching from the north (1) start to charge Greenheart, but his comrade stops him. The two exchange some words in Giant. The third minotaur in the group moves to the building across the street, and with his greataxe smashes through the door.

Xealot7
You sense the minotaurs are here for another reason. Though you do not understand the words, you get the sense that the minotaur was reminding his comrade of an issue greater than the test of strength and skill the Polar Bear poses.

The minotaurs from the east do not seem to share the same concern for duty. One of them (6) breaks ranks, lowering his horns for a charge against Greenheart.

Gore (Powerful Charge):

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (DR does apply)

The other two maintain their presence of mind, and focus on what seems to be their task at hand--destroying the town.

Kumori
2010-02-15, 06:03 PM
"Well if they won't come to us..." Alexis rushes out of the building, quickly moving around the bear to approach the nearest minotaur from the south. She takes a swift strike with her sword, hoping to help to bring a quick end to the threat.

Actions
Move action south 2 squares, east 5. If I was at Q24, move to V26.
Attack roll [roll0], damage [roll1].

Corey
2010-02-15, 06:04 PM
Thorn rears up as the charge hits home, and blood trickles into his fur.

Damage reduced to 4 by Celestial DR 10/Magic

Trying to keep the fighting from spreading further, Thorn aims a spell.

(Not bothering with Defensive Casting, but if I need a Concentration check due to an attack landing -- and doing damage! -- it is [roll0]).

(OK. Full round, Summon Monster V, dropping Control Winds to cast it. Planning to drop a bear near the other two minotaurs.)

Kumori
2010-02-15, 06:05 PM
44-26 = 18, critical threat.
[roll0] to confirm. Extra [roll1] damage if it is.

Edit: I'll use rollv for my attack rolls from now on so as to not have to do extra math to see threats, natural 1's and natural 20's.

Xealot7
2010-02-15, 06:20 PM
Disregard, move down to the next post.

Xealot7
2010-02-15, 06:22 PM
Balinor moves to the middle of the street (CA24 which is stil several feet from the minotaur 4) and yells in common, "Did you see that? You are overmatched, give yourselves up and your lives shall be spared. But know this, if you force this battle, you will all perish!" Balinor hoped the brutes understood common.

Diplomacy: 1d20+26

esorscher
2010-02-15, 06:24 PM
Damage Update: Koji's attack is successful, catching the Minotaur by surprise and decimating him. His allies, seeing their fellows untimely demise, reevaluate their focus.

The minotaur does make an attack of opportunity against Greenheart before his death:

Greataxe

Attack (PA 1):[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Crit Confirmation (PA 1):[roll2]
Crit Damage:[roll3],[roll4]

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-15, 06:35 PM
Balthy, dear, help the others fight the ones to the south! Catalina says, looking out the window into the street. I'll summon up a little distraction for the ones up north! Ethkrak Sulku Luparum! Two great black wolves appear, clawing their way out of what seems to be a tear in the fabric of reality. Attack, my pets, for everyone knows that beef and human are two tastes that taste great together!

(Action: Balthazar will hold action until he can attack the minotaur outside the door. (Not sure exactly where Alexis is right now) and Catalina will cast Summon Monster IV to summon a Fiendish Dire Wolf (Fiendish Legion adds 1 extra) Then uses a free action to Bluff the wolves for Deceptive Summons. (if successful, wolves stick around for 24 turns instead of 12, +2 to damage, +12 HP, and +2 to will saves) The wolves then proceed to charge minotaur 2, attempting to trip if they hit.

Wolf Base Stats:
HP: 57 (69) Size: Large
Attack: Bite; +13, 1d8+12 (+14) damage
Grapple: +15
Saves: Fort:8, Ref:7, Will:6 (8)
Special Attacks: Trip
(Let me know if anything else is needed)

Rolls
Catalina Bluff Check: [roll0]
Wolf A attack: [roll1]
Wolf A damage: [roll2] +2 if Bluff not 1
Wolf A Trip: [roll3]
Wolf B attack: [roll4]
Wolf B damage: [roll5] +2 if Bluff not 1
Wolf B trip: [roll6]

Xealot7
2010-02-15, 06:36 PM
Forgot, have to do diplomacy in new post.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Corey
2010-02-15, 06:40 PM
That's nasty. I presume Thorn lost the spell. More after dinner.

Xealot7
2010-02-15, 06:49 PM
Seeing one of her comrades injured, Dana pushes Joshua out of the way and begins running towards the door. Knowing it will take a while to get there she yells to Thorn, "Come to me!"

Dana only makes it to O14 I believe. (Double Moving)

Kumori
2010-02-15, 06:56 PM
(Not sure exactly where Alexis is right now)

My intent was to be diagonally down and left from Minotaur 6.

@esorscher: Would you mind adding numbers and letters to the map?

esorscher
2010-02-15, 07:15 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Withoutcheese/battlemap13.png

(@Kumori: I actually am accustomed to using the following format, if you don't mind:

X moves 6 squares east, 2 squares south.

It's easier to keep track of movement speed.)

By this time, the Bartender has moved the patrons into the safety of the back room, and locked the door. "Keep those monsters from destroying my bar!" he yelled, before shutting himself and his customers away.

The Minotaurs are skilled warriors, and move to take tactical advantages. Minotaurs 1 and 2 flank the two summoned wolves, each attacking one with their great axe.

Wolves (Keep track of their health--What is their AC?)

Minotaur 1 (v. Wolf A)
[roll0]
[roll1]
Crit
[roll2]
[roll3],[roll4]
Minotaur 2 (v. Wolf B)
[roll5]
[roll6]
Crit
[roll7]
[roll8],[roll9]

Minotaur 3 scans the battlefield, and spots Catalina in the window. He hastens toward her, drawing his great axe.

Minotaur 4 moves behind Balinor, setting up Minotaur 5 to flank and charge.

Balinor

Minotaur 4
[roll10]
[roll11]
Crit
[roll12]
[roll13],[roll14]
Minotaur 5
[roll15]
[roll16]
Crit
[roll17]
[roll18],[roll19]

Maybe 300' in the distance, you see a handful of figures flying toward you.

Try to keep OOC in the OOC thread and IC in the IC thread :smallwink:

Kumori
2010-02-15, 07:30 PM
Having felled the one minotaur and seeing two others now attacking one of her close friends, Alexis rushes over to Balinor's aid. With it now being a little personal, she puts an extra bit of force into her strike. "I'll take this one!"

Move 6 squares east, attack mino#5, power attack for 6.
To hit: [roll0], crit check on natural 17+: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2], extra if crit: [roll3]

AoO rolls, just in case:
To hit: [roll4], crit check on natural 17+: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6], extra if crit: [roll7]

OOC: How's that? Everything in order? If yes, I'll use this format everytime.

Corey
2010-02-15, 07:42 PM
Skipping the fluff for a round, while I edit out all the bard references.

Thorn Greenheart's health

I make it that Thorn is down 14-10=4 points from the first attack and 23+18-10 = 31 from the second. So I make his health 59/94, pending healing.

Thorn's spellcasting this round

Baleful Polymorph at Minotaur 5, DC 24, trying to turn him into a small, colorful, harmless turtle.

Thorn's movement

5 or 10 feet west, so that any attack through the door would have to go through him, and hopefully putting him in the healer's range.

Xealot7
2010-02-15, 08:06 PM
Balinor stays put and attacks the Minotaur the minotaur who did damage to him (#5)

Full round attack at Power Attack 5.

Dana moves to the door and touches Thorn, mending his wounds.

She will use 3 of her Turn Undead attempts to use the Divine Metamagic maxamize Critical wounds. This will heal Thorn for 43pts of damage.

Xealot7
2010-02-15, 08:07 PM
Trying this again.

Attacks:
[roll0] if crit [roll1]
[roll2] if crit [roll3]
[roll4] if crit [roll5]

Damage:
[roll6] if crit [rollv]1d12+17/[rollv]+[roll7]+[roll8]
[roll9] if crit [roll10]+[roll11]+[roll12]
[roll13] if crit [roll14]+[roll15]+[roll16]

Maybe now I won't forget all of the /'s

esorscher
2010-02-15, 08:08 PM
Damage Update:

Minotaur 5 easily shrugs off Koji's blow, laughing. It is a guttural sound, harsh to the ear.

Will Save vs. Baleful Polymorph (DC 24) [roll0]

(That should have been a fortitude save--my bad. Wouldn't have made a difference. -ed.)

His laughter is silenced, however, by a sudden pop! as he is turned into a harmless turtle.

Although the minotaur (4) was able to avoid two of the attacks, in doing so he left himself open for a critical strike, which smashed three of his ribs into his heart. He let out a single gasp for breath and then collapsed (even with the typo, you still dealt enough damage.)

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-15, 09:43 PM
Seeing the minotaur rushing forward at her, Uh oh." was the first thing to enter Catalina's mind. Balthy, I need a shield over here, now! Catalina runs to the spot between the next two windows up, , setting the two closet minotaurs in her sight as she pulls two iron rods quickly out of her spell component pouch. Let's hope this slows them down a little... Catalina says as she rubs the two rods together and speaks a few arcane phrases. Arc of Lightning! As a bolt of electricity courses through the two minotaurs, the wolves see their chance to attack. Moving to flank the wounded minotaur, they team up to finish the job.

Actions
Catalina: Move 30 ft up and cast Arc of Lightning
Balthy: Double move up to Catalina, positioning himself next to her with his shield ready. (Shieldmate, +4 shield bonus to Cat, and Shield Ally available in case of pain.)
Wolves: 5ft step to either side of minotaur 2 and both attack with intent to trip afterward. (P.S. Wolves have 14 AC

Rolls
Catalina's Lightning: [roll0] DC 23 Reflex save from Minotaurs 1 and 3
Wolf A Attack: [roll1]
Wolf A Damage: [roll2]
Wolf A Trip: [roll3]
Wolf B Attack: [roll4]
Wolf B Damage: [roll5]
Wolf B Trip: [roll6]

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-15, 09:48 PM
Sorry, correction, on the spell, DC 22 Reflex, it's only 5th level

esorscher
2010-02-15, 10:47 PM
Minotaur 1 Ref Save: [roll0]
Minotaur 3 Ref Save: [roll1]

esorscher
2010-02-15, 11:00 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Withoutcheese/battlemap14.png

Pink are harpies, they are flying 40' in the air above the square they are in.

The electricity fries the last of the minotaur; the wolves finish off their prey easily. By now, however, the figures in the sky have arrived, and it looks like more are on their way. What from a distance appeared to be a handful, now it is clear there are eight of them--bird like women, ravenous: harpies.

They circle the skies before descending, like vultures, diving down for an attack and then flying back 40' into the sky. They split into two groups; four of them target Balinor, four target Koji.

Attacks against Balinor:

[roll0]: [roll1]
[roll2]: [roll3]
[roll4]: [roll5]
[roll6]: [roll7]

Attacks against Koji:

[roll8]: [roll9]
[roll10]: [roll11]
[roll12]: [roll13]
[roll14]: [roll15]

Kumori
2010-02-15, 11:21 PM
Ducking and dodging as the four harpies swoop down around her, Alexis cries out, "I hate these stupid pests!". She evades two of them easily, but is nearly knocked off her feet as the others graze her. Finding herself unharmed, she regathers her composer before advancing on the next of the minotaurs. "I'll kill 'em! All of 'em," she mutters. Keeps a wary eye skyward, she moves towards the next of her foes, preparing to strike at any who come near.

Move 30' towards mino#3. Ready an attack (using Power Attack of 6) at any enemy who enters a threatened square.

Readied attack: [roll0], damage [roll1]
crit threat: [roll2], extra damage [roll3]

AoO, if presented: [roll4], damage [roll5]
crit threat: [roll6], extra damage [roll7]

Corey
2010-02-15, 11:43 PM
Rearing upright, Thorn looks at the harpies. Then he thinks electrical thoughts, and another bolt of lightning is created, this time in the sky.

(Casting Arc Lightning on the longest line of harpies I can catch (maybe combining two of the groups?))

(Hmm. May need to move closer for range reasons.)

10d6

Corey
2010-02-15, 11:47 PM
[roll0]

Save DC = 23

esorscher
2010-02-15, 11:53 PM
Damage Update: the best arc of lightning can do is to hit harpies 6, 5, and 4.

It scorches them pretty well, creating a rotisserie of lightning anchored on Harpies 6 and 4, catching 5 through the sternum. The three harpies, thoroughly dead, plummet to the ground.

Reflex Saves:

Harpy 4: [roll0]
Harpy 5: [roll1]
Harpy 6: [roll2]

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-16, 12:27 AM
"Hmm, flyers..." Catalina says as she surveys the new threat. "I have to hand it to the bear, he's got a decent skill with lightning. Pity I used up my last one of those on the minotaurs. Balthy," she says, looking over to the tiefling standing next to her, Perhaps we should summon something less evil? Something with range. Weaving a bit of magic around her, she points outside as a small whirlwind came into being near Thorn. A Bralani should do the trick.

Beside Thorn, the whirlwind forms into a man, clutching a bow in his hands. Taking aim, he fires two shots at the remaining harpies.

Action:
Catalina: Summon Monster VI, Bralani
Bralani: Full Attack, +1 Holy Comp. Longbow +11/+6, 1d8+5 (+2d6 if harpies are evil) harpies 1, then 2
Wolves and Balthazar: Hold position.

Rolls:
Bralani Attack 1:[roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Holy Damage 1: [roll2]
Crit Threat 1: [roll3]
Crit Damage 1: [roll4]
Bralani Attack 2:[roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6]
Holy Damage 2: [roll7]
Crit Threat 2: [roll8]
Crit Damage 2: [roll9]

Corey
2010-02-16, 05:46 AM
If Thorn (in bearform) gets an AoO:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Xealot7
2010-02-16, 05:06 PM
Balinor says a prayer, sound barely escaping his lips, "Let the light of Pelor, shine. We shall be victorious." With that, that Balinor readys waits for one of the harpy's to leave itself exposed, looking as well as he did before the battle began.

Lay on Hands: Heals for 72 points
AoO if needed:
Attack:[roll0]

esorscher
2010-02-16, 08:04 PM
Noting their ranks rapidly dropping, the harpies in the air hesitate before attacking. In this moment of hesitation, they are reinforced (and relieved, you imagine).

It is apparent that the four harpies that have arrived on the scene are of hardier, more experienced stock. For starters, they do not attack, staying high in the air (100') and circling. Their bodies gleam with the reflection of sunlight off metal. They say something, their voices sounding like harsh cawing and indistinguishable, and the three harpies that survived you fly off.

With your attention on the harpies, you hardly notice the giants.

Four giants are coming from the south, moving faster than you anticipate. The lead is able to close the gap and attack, but the other three will not reach you for at least another round.

The lead giant smashes his club deliberately against the flat of Koji's blade.

Sunder
The giant is making a Sunder (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#sunder) attempt.
[roll0] (EDIT: Read the wrong rules--add +4 to this, so 43, and make an opposed attack roll.)
[roll1] (v. Hardness 12, HP 20)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Withoutcheese/battlemap15.png

Key: Pink = Harpies, 100' in air. Blue = Giants. The Gray Circle outlined in Red is the summoned Bralani.

You can roll a Knowledge (Nature) check to learn more about the giants.

Kumori
2010-02-16, 08:30 PM
Barely noticing the giants, Alexis quickly reacts to the new threat. With a spin of her wrist the sword twists in an attempt to defect the powerful approach of the massive club. She then moves towards the Bralani, delivering two swift strikes at her attacker on the way.

Opposed roll vs sunder: [roll0]
Move down one, left four.
Attack#1, 6 to power attack:
To hit: [roll1]. Crit confirm: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]. Extra on crit: [roll4]
Attack #2:
To hit: [roll5]. Crit confirm: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]. Extra on crit: [roll8]

Edit: to hit on attack#2 should be 5 less, so it effectively hits AC 19.

Corey
2010-02-16, 08:48 PM
They just keep coming, eh? This is turning out to be a worthy challenge after all. But what does it all mean?

Knowledge (nature): [roll0]

Corey
2010-02-16, 09:13 PM
Thorn considers tactics quickly.

No point in a defense that postpones attack -- the whole town would be left vulnerable.

Once again, magic emanates from the wounded bear.

Just-in-case Concentration check: [roll0]

Casting Summon Nature's Ally VI, planning to add a Dire Bear into the mix. Dropping Antilife Shell.

esorscher
2010-02-16, 09:19 PM
Damage Update: It seems as if the giant simply allows himself to be struck, letting the blow glance off his armor. He laughs, and says something in Giant.

Xealot7
2010-02-16, 09:20 PM
Balinor is stoic when he sees the giants attack. Getting a clear sight on the nearest one he charges in and swings with great ferocity.

Move left 3, down 3 in a charge to attack #1 while using my Smite Evil.

Attack: [roll0] +2 from charge, +6 from Smite, -8 from PowerAttack.

In case of crit: Attack: [roll2]

And possible Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] +[roll5]

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-17, 09:25 AM
Why are there so many of these thing? Catalina wondered as she surveys the battle from her window. Ah, well, I guess it's just another set of opponents for my wolves to rip apart. Right, my pretties, attack the giants! Bralani, on those new harpies!

Actions:
Catalina and Balthazar hold action for something to move to attack Catalina. The wolves (round 4/24) charge forward 100 ft to flank where Harpy 1 would be. (it's 100 ft up, right?) The Bralini (round 2/12) makes a full attack at Harpy 1.

Rolls:
Bralani Attack 1: [roll0]
Bralani Damage 1: [roll1]
Holy Damage 1: [roll2]
Crit Threat 1: [roll3]
Crit Damage 1: [roll4]
Bralani Attack 2: [roll5]
Bralani Damage 2: [roll6]
Holy Damage 2: [roll7]
Crit Threat 2: [roll8]
Crit Damage 2: [roll9]

esorscher
2010-02-17, 10:19 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Withoutcheese/battlemap16.png

The harpy avoids one arrow but not the other. It sticks into its armor, and draws its attention (it is hit for 13 damage). The harpy calls to its comrades in Giant. The giants move forward, one attacking the Bralani, one joining his fellow in attacking Koji (though the first makes a renewed sunder attempt), and one attacking Balinor.

The harpies fire four arrows, all at the Bralani.

Attacks against Bralani

Giant: , [roll1]
CC: [roll2], [roll3]
Harpy: [roll4], [roll]1d8+1d6+4
CC (19-20): , [roll]1d8+1d6+4, 1d8+1d6+4
Harpy: [roll6], 1d8+1d6+4
CC (19-20): [roll7], 1d8+1d6+4, 1d8+1d6+4
Harpy: [roll8], 1d8+1d6+4
CC (19-20): [roll9], 1d8+1d6+4, 1d8+1d6+4
Harpy: [roll10], 1d8+1d6+4
CC (19-20): [roll11], 1d8+1d6+4, 1d8+1d6+4

Attacks against Koji

Giant (Attack): [roll12], [roll13]
CC: [roll14], [roll15]
Giant (Sunder): [roll16], [roll17]

Attacks against Balinor

Giant: [roll18], [roll19]
CC: [roll20], [roll21]

esorscher
2010-02-17, 10:23 AM
Harpy Attacks

The first one crits, I don't know why damage wasn't rolled at all.

Attack 1:
[roll0], +[roll1] cold damage.
Crit: [roll2], [roll3]
Attack 2:
[roll4], +[roll5] cold damage.

Attack 3:
[roll6], +[roll7] cold damage.

Attack 4:
[roll8], +[roll9] cold damage.

Kumori
2010-02-17, 01:03 PM
As the giant pulls back preparing it's next strike, Alexis quickly slashes at it's exposed body. Then forced to deflect the attack, she pulls her sword up to try to throw the brutally powerful club aside. Failing to deflect the blow, her sword snaps in her hand, off-balancing her as other giant slams her with it's own club.
With her sword broken, her spirit falters as well. Now unarmed, she has no way of fighting back, so she is forced to flee.
Alexis: 71/94 HP

AoO for the Sunder attempt (forgot to put it in my last action):
Attack: [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Crit check: [roll2], Extra Damage [roll3]

Opposed attack roll vs sunder
[roll4]
Edit: So my sword is hurt for another 7 damage, broken!

Attacking the giant:
Attack: [roll5], Damage [roll6]
Crit check: [roll7], Extra Damage [roll8]
Attack: [roll9], Damage [roll10]
Crit check: [roll11], Extra Damage [roll12]
Attack: [roll13], Damage [roll14]
Crit check: [roll15], Extra Damage [roll16]

If giant#1 dies, I switch to striking giant#4.Extra attack if needed (AoO or any other reason:)
Attack: [roll17], Damage [roll18]
Crit check: [roll19], Extra Damage [roll20]

Edited because of sword fail: New Actions:
Withdraw action, double move back into the bar. Free action to ask if anyone can spare a weapon.

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-17, 03:25 PM
Balthy, hand the girl your sword. Catalina says after Alexis ran into the inn. Will a longsword do? Just be sure this one gets back in one piece, please.

Yes, Milady. Balthazar says, preparing to hand over his longsword.

(Not sure if I can hand it over this turn, as my ready action is if something attacks Cat, but it's ready for next round if not.)

esorscher
2010-02-17, 03:59 PM
(OOC: She'll have it for next turn)

Xealot7
2010-02-17, 05:44 PM
Balinor takes the hit from the giant, and the unleashes a counterattack of his own (Giant #3.

Full Round Attack at Power Attack 6.

Attack: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

Damage: [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

CC: Attack: [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]

Damage: [roll9], [roll10], [roll11]
Damage: [roll12], [roll13], [roll14]
Damage: [roll15], [roll16], [roll17]

Corey
2010-02-17, 10:52 PM
Time to even the odds a bit.

Thorn places a large and hostile bear behind two of the giants.

i.e., underneath Giants 4 and 1, directed to first attack 4 and, if he by some great good chance goes down, to refocus on 1

Then he directs one of his most potent spells at the giant nearest him.

Enveloping Cocoon. DC 25 save. And it's a Reflex save. :smallbiggrin:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Summoned Dire Bear

Standard Dire Bear stats:
Claw attack 1d20+ 19
Claw damage 2d4+ 10
Bite attack 1d20+ 13
Bite damage 2d8+ 5

Attack bonuses:
Bardic Music 0
Augmented Summoning 2
Amulet of Mighty Fists DNA
Other 0
Total special attack bonuses: 2

Damage bonuses:
Bardic Music 0
Augmented Summoning 2
Other 0
Total special damage bonuses: 2

Actual Dire Bear stats:
Claw attack 1d20+ 21
Claw damage 2d4+ 12
Bite attack 1d20+ 15
Bite damage 2d8+ 7

Claw attack 1 [roll0]
Claw damage 1 [roll1]

Claw attack 2 [roll2]
Claw damage 2 [roll3]

Bite attack [roll4]
Bite damage [roll5]

IF NEEDED FOR CRITS, AoOs, HASTE. SNAKE'S SWIFTNESS, ETC.
Potential extra claw attack [roll6]
Potential extra claw damage [roll7]

Potential extra claw attack 2 [roll8]
Potential extra claw damage 2 [roll9]

Potential extra claw attack 3 [roll10]
Potential extra claw damage 3 [roll11]

Potential extra bite attack [roll12]
Potential extra bite damage [roll13]

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-18, 12:53 AM
"Alright, Balthy, I've got a plan. You!" Catalina says after she moves down to meet Alexis. Go out into the battle, give me a second, and I'll give you several.

Meanwhile, the wolves enter the battle, striking at the giants in front of them. The Bralani takes a step back, then fires at the harpies up in the air.

Action: Catalina holds action until after Alexis is in the center of battle before casting Haste. Balthazar stays next to Catalina to protect, Wolf A charges and attacks Giant 2, Wolf B attacks Giant 3, and the Bralani 5 ft steps back and full attacks Harpy 1.

Rolls:
Wolf A Attack: [roll0]
Wolf A Damage: [roll1]
Wolf A Crit Threat: [roll2]
Wolf A Crit Damage: 2d8+30
Wolf B Attack: [roll3]
Wolf B Damage: [roll4]
Wolf B Crit Threat: [roll5]
Wolf B Crit Damage: 2d8+30
Bralani Attack 1: [roll6]
Bralani Damage 1: [roll7]
Holy Damage 1: [roll8]
Crit Threat 1: [roll9]
Crit Damage 1: [roll10]
Bralani Attack 2: [roll11]
Bralani Damage 2: [roll12]
Holy Damage 2: [roll13]
Crit Threat 2: [roll14]
Crit Damage 2: [roll15]

esorscher
2010-02-18, 01:25 PM
Giant's Impossible Reflex Save: [roll0]

esorscher
2010-02-18, 01:38 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Withoutcheese/battlemap17.png

Giant 2 is cocooned. Giant 1 is bleeding seriously, but none of the other giant's are even bloodied. Giants 1 and 4 turn and attack the bear. The harpies split their attack; three focus on Thorn, one attacks Balinor (as does Giant 3).

You see a group of medium-sized figures in the distance, rushing from the west. You do not know whether they are friend or foe.

Attacks on Bear:

Giant 1: [roll0]
CC:[roll2]
CDamage: [roll3]

Giant 4: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
CC:[roll6]
CDamage: [roll7]

Attacks on Thorn (harpies' weapons are magic):

Harpy 1: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9], [roll10] Cold
CC: [roll11]
CDamage: [roll12], [roll13]

Harpy 2: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15], [roll16] Cold
CC: [roll17]
CDamage: [roll18], [roll19]

Harpy 3: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21], [roll22] Cold
CC: [roll23]
CDamage: [roll24], [roll25]

Attacks on Balinor

Harpy 4: [roll26]
Damage: [roll27], [roll28] Cold
CC: [roll29]
CDamage: [roll30], [roll31]

Giant 3: [roll32]
Damage: [roll33]
CC:[roll34]
CDamage: [roll35]

Corey
2010-02-18, 02:30 PM
The dire bear rears up, bellowing in pain (HP = 57/105), then lashes back at the giants (three claw attacks plus one bite -- against the bleeding giant first, then switching to the hale one if the first one goes down).

(Thorn's personal move to come in a separate post.)

Summoned Dire Bear

Standard Dire Bear stats:
Claw attack 1d20+ 19
Claw damage 2d4+ 10
Bite attack 1d20+ 13
Bite damage 2d8+ 5

Attack bonuses:
Bardic Music 0
Augmented Summoning 2
Other 1
Total special attack bonuses: 3

Damage bonuses:
Bardic Music 0
Augmented Summoning 2
Other 0
Total special damage bonuses: 2

Actual Dire Bear stats:
Claw attack 1d20+ 22
Claw damage 2d4+ 12
Bite attack 1d20+ 16
Bite damage 2d8+ 7

Claw attack 1 [roll0]
Claw damage 1 [roll1]

Claw attack 2 [roll2]
Claw damage 2 [roll3]

Bite attack [roll4]
Bite damage [roll5]

IF NEEDED FOR CRITS, AoOs, HASTE. SNAKE'S SWIFTNESS, ETC.
Potential extra claw attack [roll6]
Potential extra claw damage [roll7]

Potential extra claw attack 2 [roll8]
Potential extra claw damage 2 [roll9]

Potential extra claw attack 3 [roll10]
Potential extra claw damage 3 [roll11]

Potential extra bite attack [roll12]
Potential extra bite damage [roll13]

Corey
2010-02-18, 02:56 PM
Ouch. Let's not fail at another spell here.

Thorn prefers to take punishment on behalf of his allies when it makes sense -- but right now it doesn't make sense.

Note to self -- armor up before fights more carefully in the future. The bad guys are tough around here.

Wounded (HP=54/94 -- cold resistance helped) and under attack, he retreats into the relative shelter of the Drunken Urchin,

East until he can just see the spot under the harpies, but has cover from themthen turns and casts another spell.

Dropping his last 6th level spell for Summon Monster VI, planning to put a Huge Air Elemental right under or among the harpies, e.g. where then -13 is on the map

Kumori
2010-02-18, 04:06 PM
"Thanks, gotta go!" With her loaner sword now in hand, Alexis rushes back outside into the fray. She somehow moves with such ease that it surprises how fast she is. Finding herself to be right in front of her enemy, she flicks the sword at her enemy menacingly. In that moment, she realizes just how much of her skill was specific to the broken sword.

Alexis: 71/94 HP Haste: Round 1/11

Move adjacent to the Bralani and Giant #4. Attack Giant #4, no power attack.
to hit = 12 BAB + 6 Str + 2 Melee Weapon Mastery + 1 Haste
= +21
[roll0], crit conf [roll1]
damage: [roll2], extra if crit: [roll3]

Extra attack if needed:
[roll4], crit conf [roll5]
damage: [roll6], extra if crit: [roll7]

Edit: Sword is masterwork, add +1 to each attack roll.

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-18, 04:26 PM
Balthy, we need to finish this quickly. Are they all together down there? Catalina asks looking out the window. Alright, let's see if we can't help them win a bit sooner. Giving the Bralani a few more shots from itds bow won't hurt either. Speaking a few words of power, Catalina points at Alexis fighting the giant, and a sandlike glow surrounds her, spreading to Thorn, the wolves, the Bralani, and Balinor.

Action: Move down to meet with Balthazar/get in range, Haste the party.

Xealot7
2010-02-18, 04:36 PM
As Thorn enters the Drunken Urchin, Dana will move to him and attempt to sooth his wounds. Dana casts a Maxamized (Through Divine Metamagic used 2 more of her 17 Turns) Empowered Healing (RSoP) Cure Critical to heal for 67hp (Sorry Thorn I shorted you earlier. by about 22hp.)

Balinor continues his assault on the same giant as before. (#3)

Full Round Attack at Power Attack 6.

Attack: [roll0], [roll1]), [roll2]

Damage: [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

CC: Attack: [roll6], [roll7]), [roll8]

Damage: [roll9], [roll10], [roll11]
Damage: [roll12], [roll13], [roll14]
Damage: [roll15], [roll16], [roll17]

Xealot7
2010-02-18, 04:39 PM
After the last swing of his greathammer, Balinor takes a moment to see if the approaching men are friend or foe. I'll only take one attack if I can't make a full round action.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Also, my character sheet is populating empty ATM for Balinor. Dana's is fine. Trying to figure out what is going on.

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-19, 02:22 AM
When Monsters Attack! A lot.

Actions:
Wolf A (6/24): Attacks Giant 4
Wolf B (6/24): Attacks Giant 3
Barlani (4/12): Attacks Harpy 1, switches to 2 if 1 dies

Rolls:
Wolf A Attack 1:[roll0]
Wolf A Damage 1: [roll1]
Wolf A Crit Threat 1: [roll2]
A Crit Damage 1: [roll3]
Wolf A Attack 2:[roll4]
Wolf A Damage 2: [roll5]
Wolf A Crit Threat 2: [roll6]
A Crit Damage 2: [roll7]

Wolf B Attack 1:[roll8]
Wolf B Damage 1: [roll9]
Wolf B Crit Threat 1: [roll10]
B Crit Damage 1: [roll11]
Wolf B Attack 2:[roll12]
Wolf B Damage 2: [roll13]
Wolf B Crit Threat 2: [roll14]
B Crit Damage 2: [roll15]

Bralani Attack 1:[roll16]
Bralani Damage 1: [roll17]
Holy Damage 1: [roll18]
Bralani Crit Threat 1: [roll19]
Bralani Crit Damage 1: [roll20]
Bralani Attack 2:[roll21]
Bralani Damage 2: [roll22]
Holy Damage 2: [roll23]
Bralani Crit Threat 2: [roll24]
Bralani Crit Damage 2: [roll25]
Bralani Attack 3:[roll26]
Bralani Damage 3: [roll27]
Holy Damage 3: [roll28]
Bralani Crit Threat 3: [roll29]
Bralani Crit Damage 3: [roll30]

esorscher
2010-02-19, 11:06 AM
The second wolf manages to claw Giant 3 particularly fiercely, and the giant falls. The Air Elemental drives the harpies off, who throughout this entire engagement have seemed a bit detached from the happenings.

As they draw nearer, you recognize the uniforms of city guards. There are sixteen of them, probably enough to wrap up what you've started here.

The captain calls out to you, "Make for Anwyn Bridge! Commander Kang is determined to hold the bridge--if you can last this long against this menace, he NEEDS you!"

Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) DC 20
Walthas Kang is the commander of the city guard; probably one of the most powerful people in the city.

The soldiers charge into the fray, giving you time to regroup at the bridge. The giants look to be on their last legs--you probably could have finished them off this turn--and will be no match for 16 fresh arms.

esorscher
2010-02-20, 09:20 PM
The soldiers, moving as one cohesive unit, manage to bull rush the giants back from you. You don't know how long they will last, though, and probably shouldn't squander this opportunity to escape. The bridge is a much more important position to hold.

Corey
2010-02-20, 10:40 PM
Without further ado, Thorn Greenheart, a dire bear, and an air elemental head for the bridge at top speed. The air elemental will surely arrive first.

Kira_the_5th
2010-02-21, 01:01 AM
Thorn and friends are followed swiftly by Catalina, Balthazar, and her summoned pets, with the pets most likely arriving far sooner than Cat and Balthy, who aren't hasted. After moving forward a little bit, the Bralani makes a gesture, and transforms into a whirlwind, flying off into the air and racing towards the bridge.