PDA

View Full Version : Druid questions[4e]

RagnaroksChosen
2010-02-15, 09:48 AM
So I got invited to a 4e game.. I'm not a fan of the systems However the group is some amazing rp'ers and i couldn't pass up the offer... there group needed some more Melee esc characters. So I decided to play a druid. Razor claw shifter druid and i had a few questions to the more 4e minded crowd.

I know a druids a controller but i was hoping to secound in DPR. I went with a preditor Druid as I was unsure if PP was avalable and im not a huge fan of swarms(even though it seems likea more powerfull path).

Any way i went for more of a charge build because it seemed cool and there seems to be alot of cool charge feats out there...

I don't have a high enough str for reckless charge i belive.
I went razorclaw shifter. and we are level 11.

But on a charge with pounce I do 1d8+12+1d6 ona charge and
1d8+9 on a normal attack(using grasping claws)....
Is that damage decent or bad for level 11?

Skrizzy
2010-02-15, 10:22 AM
At level 7 with a defender (warden) I was dealing 1d8+8, so 4 levels higher, thats not amazing DPR.

That said, I assume PP is in reference to the Aspect and not the Paragon. I am going to try to build as you did see what I can come up with.

Skrizzy
2010-02-15, 11:03 AM
Alright, I built it and grasping claws was 1d8+9, I figure the reason for it being so low is that there are no feats for increasing damage while using totems... yet.

I assume you want to stay as a druid and still do a charge build. I think you probably hit the roof on what your damage will be at level.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-02-15, 11:10 AM
ya

thats what i figured... I know like if I have CA or if there bloodied my damage changes a bit.

I know charging im doing alot more...
1d8+12+1d6 damage...(using pounce)

Kylarra
2010-02-15, 11:23 AM
Assuming you want damage, you'll want to get claw gloves (lv 4 item) and get CA as often as possible.

Additionally, grab Staff of the Serpent +2 as your primary implement for another 1D6 (+2) damage to your melee attacks.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-02-15, 11:24 AM
Assuming you want damage, you'll want to get claw gloves (lv 4 item) and get CA as often as possible.

Additionally, grab Staff of the Serpent +2 as your primary implement for another 1D6 (+2) damage to your melee attacks.

where are those two items found?

Kylarra
2010-02-15, 11:34 AM
where are those two items found?
Claw Gloves are AV2
Staff of the Serpent is AV1

Swordgleam
2010-02-15, 12:15 PM
Claw Gloves are AV2
Staff of the Serpent is AV1

I'm starting to believe that you're an SRD compilation given life and form.

Artanis
2010-02-15, 12:33 PM
I'm starting to believe that you're an SRD compilation given life and form.

I think that that belief would be greatly in error because Kylarra's knowledge extends far beyond what would be included in any 4e SRD :smallwink:

Swordgleam
2010-02-15, 01:32 PM
I think that that belief would be greatly in error because Kylarra's knowledge extends far beyond what would be included in any 4e SRD :smallwink:

Hence SRD compilation. Someone put together the 3.5 SRD, the 4e SRD, as well as probably several others, gave them sentience, and set them loose on the GitP forums.

Tiki Snakes
2010-02-15, 04:11 PM

He's a charge build, right? Isn't there a Helmet that helps with those? (Horned Helmet iirc. Don't ask where, though.)

RagnaroksChosen
2010-02-15, 04:14 PM
He's a charge build, right? Isn't there a Helmet that helps with those? (Horned Helmet iirc. Don't ask where, though.)

ya horned helm and I have that... I belive its phb2

Colmarr
2010-02-15, 04:26 PM
Do you have the Enraged Boar Form feat?

+1 to attack and +2 damage when charging.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-02-15, 04:29 PM
feats
1 enraged boar form
2 preditors bust
4 ferocious tiger form
6 impliment expertise(staves)
8 primal fury
10 improved init
11 Quick shapechange

that may help

Kylarra
2010-02-15, 10:58 PM
I'm starting to believe that you're an SRD compilation given life and form.It's a really good thing I didn't also cite page numbers. :smallredface:

Actually, I had those on hand easily because they're things I use for my druid who has striker-ish tendencies as well, though it is a swarm druid who is a bit better at garnering CA than a predator, ime.