PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Feats For Directing Soldiers

Jergmo
2010-02-15, 12:57 PM
If there are any and I'm not totally insane, where are the feats that allow you to direct the actions of others like NPC soldiers to synergize them? I thought there was something like that in Complete Warrior, but I couldn't find them. Did I make these feats up one day and trick myself? :smallconfused:

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-15, 01:29 PM
...Why in the WORLD would you waste a feat to do something as simple as speaking? Seriously, buy an Admiral's Bicorne (Stormwrack). Everyone within 100ft can now hear your voice normally. Seriously, a feat for something that trivial is a violation of common sense.

Pluto
2010-02-15, 02:19 PM
Do Bardic music feats count?

Because those are all I can think of.
And they do exactly what you describe, provided you specialize in Perform (Oratory).

[edit:]
Try checking Heroes of Battle.
It has some feats that fit the bill.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-15, 02:25 PM
Try checking Heroes of Battle.
It has some feats that fit the bill.

Desk, meet my head.

Jergmo
2010-02-15, 02:27 PM
Well, this is actually for NPC military officers. I thought there were some feats like one that allows groups of archers to work together firing a volley to increase effectiveness/etc.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-15, 02:28 PM
Well, this is actually for NPC military officers. I thought there were some feats like one that allows groups of archers to work together firing a volley to increase effectiveness/etc.

That's a combat option, not a feat. It's like Grappling. Heroes of Battle.

Pluto
2010-02-15, 02:31 PM
Complete Warrior does have details on that. It doesn't need a feat.

Desk, meet my head.
I hear you, but a lot of 3rd edition makes me think the same.
(Feats that grant new abilities always rub me the wrong way.)

Jergmo
2010-02-15, 02:32 PM
Ah, thanks.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-15, 02:37 PM
Complete Warrior does have details on that. It doesn't need a feat.

I hear you, but a lot of 3rd edition makes me think the same.
(Feats that grant new abilities always rub me the wrong way.)

I'm fine with feats like Shape Soulmeld. It's stuff like Power Attack that I don't get.