PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a drow-halfling?!

Talon Sky
2010-02-15, 01:49 PM
Okay, so inspiration struck me last night for a new breed of enemy to work into my next couple 3.5 sessions: dark halflings. Now, despite the fact that there's elf-like halflings (Tallfellow) and dwarf-like halflings (deep), I've yet to stumble across a drow-halfling. Essentially, they'd dwell in the Underdark with their dark elf brethren, be about as tall as the Tallfellow breed, but obviously with dark skin and red eyes.

Using the Tallfellow template, I was thinking of taking away the ability to sense secret doors, adding darkvision and light sensitivity. I'd also add a +1 to Con, to make up for the lack of secret door detection and to signify that living in the underdark is a tough life.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or comments? If there's a better template out there, I'd like to see it, but otherwise I think this is a pretty good base to start building enemies.

Mando Knight
2010-02-15, 01:56 PM
You never add an odd number to racial ability modifiers.

Felyndiira
2010-02-15, 01:59 PM
Don't use the tallfellow template. Instead, add the half-blood drow (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Drow,_Half-Blood_%28DnD_Template%29) template to the halfling race.

Thus, we'll end up with:

+2 Dexterity, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence or Charisma.
Small: As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
+2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
+1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
+2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
Darkvision 60 ft.
Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds Half-blood Drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
Automatic Languages: Common, Halfling, and Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Drow, Drow Sign Language, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass halfling’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

Talon Sky
2010-02-15, 02:02 PM
Hmm, that's a pretty awesome template. I'll use that :)