PDA

View Full Version : Turn me into a dragon! (3.5)

lawsofrobotics
2010-02-15, 02:41 PM
Hey, playground.

I'm building a shapeshifter character, and I was trying to figure out ways to get the supernatural abilities of my alternate forms. I was thinking Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 10/X 5. The capstone ability of MoMF is the ability to wild shape into a dragon. MoMF also grants the ability to gain the extraordinary abilities of any creature you wild-shape into. However, the breath weapon of a dragon is a supernatural ability as opposed to an extraordinary ability, and the joy of being a dragon is breathing cones of cold on your enemies, so that really bums be out.

Is there any way to get the supernatural abilities of creatures you wild shape into? I could imagine there being a feat or a prestige class where you can give up versatility of wild shape forms in exchange for supernatural abilities for a chosen few (i.e. You can only wild shape into ten possible creatures, but you get everything those creatures get)

Any source material is acceptable.

Greenish
2010-02-15, 02:43 PM
Druid + Dracon Wild Shape feat (Draconomicon).

[Edit]: Just to point it out, it gives you all Ex and Su abilities of the dragon you turn into. You can get it at level 12 too, before druid5/MoMF10.

magic9mushroom
2010-02-15, 02:45 PM
Assume Supernatural Ability/Improved Assume Supernatural Ability. Savage Species.

It's rather cheesy though. It's one of the ways to get Manipulate Form, for one thing. It's also one of the ways to cheat your way into Beholder Mage.

Adumbration
2010-02-15, 02:46 PM
There's the Assume Supernatural ability feat from Savage species, but that's extremely limited. Good enough to get a breath weapon, though.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Superglucose
2010-02-15, 06:38 PM
Shapechange?

Darrin
2010-02-15, 07:14 PM
However, the breath weapon of a dragon is a supernatural ability as opposed to an extraordinary ability, and the joy of being a dragon is breathing cones of cold on your enemies, so that really bums be out.

There are dozens and dozens of ways to add a breath weapon to your character. Dragonfire Adept (Dragon Magic) and Dragonborn of Bahumat (Races of the Dragon) are two of the easier ones. Both will still work while wildshaped.