PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 RAW rules question

monotone
2010-02-15, 04:28 PM
Do the con bonuses to armor class from Fist of the Forest and Deepwarden stack? According to the rules compendium you cannot get a bonus from the same source twice. I do not think that this applies here, but I am looking for some clarification.

Kosjsjach
2010-02-15, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure how to answer your query, but topics like this are better suited to The 3.5 Q&A thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136877).

sonofzeal
2010-02-15, 04:35 PM
They stack. However, Deepwarden bonus doesn't bypass "Maximum Dexterity Bonus" of armor, if you choose to wear any. A Deepwarden with Con 20 in Full Plate only gets +1 Con bonus to AC.

Boci
2010-02-15, 04:40 PM
They stack. However, Deepwarden bonus doesn't bypass "Maximum Dexterity Bonus" of armor, if you choose to wear any. A Deepwarden with Con 20 in Full Plate only gets +1 Con bonus to AC.

Isn't that theory based off a response from the sage (i.e. not the most reliable source)? Usually with a state change the general agreement is that limitations of former one do not apply, like shadow blade granting dex to damage on both weapons, instead of 0.5 for the offhand.

Gorbash
2010-02-15, 04:40 PM
I find it hilarious that these builds always forget that point of Deepwarden is being underground and point of Fist of the Forest is being in, well, a forest. So, against all sense, you become a protector of underground forests. But you get con to AC two times!

Boci
2010-02-15, 04:41 PM
I find it hilarious that these builds always forget that point of Deepwarden is being underground and point of Fist of the Forest is being in, well, a forest. So, against all sense, you become a protector of underground forests. But you get con to AC two times!

"You shall never descerate these holy mushroom farms, vile dorw!"

FishAreWet
2010-02-15, 04:42 PM

There are caves in forests.

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-15, 04:56 PM
"You shall never descerate these holy mushroom farms, vile dorw!"Oh, man, those dorw; you don't know how many times they try and desecrate those mushroom farms! (shudders)

Curmudgeon
2010-02-15, 07:25 PM
They're not the same source, so they stack. AC Bonus (Ex) is the name of the FotF class feature; Stone Warden (Ex) is the Deepwarden feature. Stone Warden replaces the Dexterity bonus to AC; AC Bonus is simply that: a bonus. The two have nothing in common except their internal mechanics.

Runestar
2010-02-15, 07:35 PM

They did not forget. They merely did not accept. :smallwink:

Asheram
2010-02-15, 07:46 PM
Oh, man, those dorw; you don't know how many times they try and desecrate those mushroom farms! (shudders)

Protected by the rasta dwarves.

Ach, mon. Them bobo be teif'n our shrooms!