PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid version of necromancer "Forgotten heroes" 4th edition.

Mystic Muse
2010-02-15, 09:02 PM
One of my players wants to play a hybrid version of the Necromancer from the 3rd party book and a Warlock. I have the rules for Warlcok but there aren't any rules for a hybrid version of the necromancer. (it having come out before hybrid rules and being third party)

could the playground help me make some balanced hybrid rules? My player would really like to be able to use the Scythe ability of the Necromancer if possible.

Drolyt
2010-02-15, 09:22 PM
One of my players wants to play a hybrid version of the Necromancer from the 3rd party book and a Warlock. I have the rules for Warlcok but there aren't any rules for a hybrid version of the necromancer. (it having come out before hybrid rules and being third party)

could the playground help me make some balanced hybrid rules? My player would really like to be able to use the Scythe ability of the Necromancer if possible.

What 3rd party book are we talking about?

Mystic Muse
2010-02-15, 09:25 PM
it's in the title. Forgotten heroes.

Drolyt
2010-02-15, 09:27 PM
it's in the title. Forgotten heroes.

Oh. I should pay more attention.

Mystic Muse
2010-02-15, 10:23 PM
So, yeah. I'd like this soon if it's possible. I don't when the next session is going to be.

Drolyt
2010-02-15, 10:34 PM
So, yeah. I'd like this soon if it's possible. I don't when the next session is going to be.

I'm not sure where I got stumped, but where are the rules for hybrid classes? I'm sure I must have the book, I've seen them before...

Mystic Muse
2010-02-15, 10:34 PM
They're in Dragon magazine 375

Drolyt
2010-02-15, 10:52 PM
They're in Dragon magazine 375

Okay, the only thing that really needs any thinking is the class abilities. Everything else you can just follow the rules there. What class abilities does the necromancer get (I don't actually have that book)?

Boci
2010-02-15, 11:02 PM
Okay, the only thing that really needs any thinking is the class abilities. Everything else you can just follow the rules there. What class abilities does the necromancer get (I don't actually have that book)?

Sadly, its a third party source so they cannot be posted here.

Drolyt
2010-02-15, 11:08 PM
Sadly, its a third party source so they cannot be posted here.

Not even a summary of just the class abilities? I would've thought that would be fair use. Hell third party has nothing to do with it, only a small piece of 3e has an open license.

Mystic Muse
2010-02-15, 11:53 PM
scythes gain Reach and can be used as implements (The feature the player wants)

they also get ritual casting, an ability called harness death which grants two encounter powers. There's also the bag of bones which grants you some interesting abilities but I can't find the mechanics behind that right now.

This should be vague enough not to break copyright laws.

Drolyt
2010-02-16, 06:14 AM
scythes gain Reach and can be used as implements (The feature the player wants)

they also get ritual casting, an ability called harness death which grants two encounter powers. There's also the bag of bones which grants you some interesting abilities but I can't find the mechanics behind that right now.

This should be vague enough not to break copyright laws.

The Scythes thing is practically fluff. Just give it to him. Go ahead and give him ritual casting as well. Just scale back the other two powers, or maybe make him pick one or the other.