18|
19||||||||||||
20|
21||||||||||||
22|||C|C|||||C|C||
23|||C|C|||||C|C||
24|
25|||||||||||[/table]

Columns go 20 feet high, ceilings are 30 feet.

And do you have a preference for buff/preparation time? I would like a round at least.

Anklebite
2010-02-16, 11:26 AM
that works for me.

new to this forum, doing a spoiler check/roll check

[/rollv]1d20+1[rollv]

Anklebite
2010-02-16, 11:30 AM
now trying to roll

[roll0]
1d20+1
[roll1]

sure, 1 round buff time works for me. did you mean to have alldays up too?

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 02:01 PM
Sure, all-days + 1 round works for me.

Buffs:

All-days: Oil of Greater Magic Weapon +5 applied to my glaive. (20 hour duration)
buff round: Drink Potion of Invisibility (13 minute duration, or until I attack)

Initiative: [roll0]

And try rolling without the "v"s, that works better. [ roll ] 1d20 [/ roll ] , just without spaces.

Also, just as a warning... I have no clue what tier this build is on, as it is completely untested in practice. In theory, it should be quite powerful though.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 02:05 PM
Were one of those above rolls your initiative?

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-16, 02:16 PM
Yeah, try entering XdY+Z or XdY+Z

So 1d20+1 results in [roll1]

And 1d20+1 results in [roll3]

I recommend being consistent with the one you choose to use. I've seen confusion develop because people were looking for the bold numbers, only to find that they meant different things at different times.

Moonlitdreams:
Wouldn't an Oil of Greater Magic Weapon +5 have a duration of 20 hours?

And don't forget to specify starting spaces.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 02:20 PM
Claudius Maximus:
Ah yes. I will edit that in.

I'll start at the bottom, if you don't mind.
Starting position:
D24

Anklebite
2010-02-16, 04:13 PM
none of the above were initative. I will declare rolls that matter.

init: [roll0]

the test rolls earlier were to figure out rolling system. they worked. :smallcool:

I'll start in E3, and my buff round will be spent doing activate tattoo of touchsight, augmented by 10 pp. touchsight range 110 ft.

misc info(observers only):

soulmelds shaped: essentia allocation
crystal helm bound to crown(crown) -1 chakra |2
+2 will saves vs charm/compulsion, +1 defl AC per essentia
incarnate avatar[evil](soul/robe) +1 to max essentia |4
+2 damage/essentia
girallion arms(arms) bound to totem -1 chakra |4
+2 climb/grapple, +2 more per essentia
manticore belt(waist) bound to totem -1 chakra |
+2 jump/spot, +2 more per essentia; tail spike attack
phase cloak(shoulders) bound to shoulders -1 chakra |
climb ability; +2 climb per essentia; phase movement
sphinx claws(hands) bound to hands. -1 chakra |
+1 on str checks and str skill checks; +1 per point of essentia; natural weapon pounce
disenchanter mask(brow) |
detect magic ability
blink shirt(heart) |
D-door ability

the location in () is the part on the body where the meld is shaped. each location can host at max one soulmeld, annoyingly enough.

other misc info(observers only):

swordsage manuvers(IL7) 4 readied
burning blade
burning brand |
searing blade |
searing charge |
emerald razor
insightful strike |
child of shadow[stance]

warblade manuvers(IL7) 3 readied
wall of blades |
iron heart surge |
mountain hammer |
leading the charge[stance] active stance

rules question irrelevant to this fight:

does a tattoo of anticipatory strike work if hooked up to a mental tap? I have one, but do not plan on trying to use it unless it is definitively confirmed.

Anklebite
2010-02-16, 04:25 PM
it seems I go first.

actions:

free action: drop +1 eager shuriken of warning. I love those things. next, move action to E8, and then another move action to E14, using phase cloak to move straight through the wall. in case starting at E3 was not legal, but E2 was, this changes nothing; my first move action was five feet shorter than the max. movement modes are fly30/run30/swim30/psudo climb speed that won't come up(from phase cloak). swift action: activate blurring armor.

observers only:

HP 166, AC 19(pitiful, I know)

blurring: 5 rounds remain

EDIT: end turn.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 04:40 PM
Are you within 60 feet of rows 23, 24 or 25? I have blindsight, so more than likely I would see you if you are. This is just to determine my actions.

Anklebite
2010-02-16, 04:48 PM
that I am, but you likely do not have LoE or LoS to me.

incidentally, my detection method is 110ft touchsight.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-16, 06:35 PM
rules question irrelevant to this fight:

does a tattoo of anticipatory strike work if hooked up to a mental tap? I have one, but do not plan on trying to use it unless it is definitively confirmed.

You can hook up Anticipatory Strike to a Mental tap, but it won't let you use it as an immediate action. Using Anticipatory Strike as a swift action on your own turn strikes me as a bad idea.

If you want, I can handle LoS determinations. Here's the LoS for this turn:

Moonlitdreams:
You do not detect your opponent, at least at the beginning of your turn.

Anklebite:
You do not detect your opponent.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 09:11 PM
Thanks Claudius.

Turn actions:
Using the flight enhancement on my glaive, I fly to C18, 20 feet high. (Just high enough to see over the columns.) Do I have LOE with my opponent now?

My turn my not be over.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-16, 09:25 PM
Moonlitdreams:
You do not detect any opponents from that position.

Anklebite:
No new developments for you. Since you have a fly speed, I'd like to know what altitude you're at if you're using it.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 09:29 PM
Well then... I'll just move to B17 to be safe, and ready an action to charge any hostile I see (or sense).

End turn.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-16, 09:33 PM
Moonlitdreams:
Charging is a full-round action. You can only charge as a standard action if you are limited to a single standard or move action in a round. Unless you have a means to charge as a standard action, your readied action is invalid, though you may change it to something else.

Also, you don't see anything new by moving to B17.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 09:43 PM
@Claudius
Hmm... you're right. I'm not sure why I thought that. In any case, I will change my readied action to activate rage (free action) and frenzy (free action) if I see or sense a hostile.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-16, 09:46 PM
Moonlitdreams:
You may only ready one action at a time, even free actions.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 10:05 PM
Claudius:
Then... I move up to B13 and look around the corner for my opposition, readying an action to attack if I am attacked.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-16, 10:17 PM
Moonlitdreams:
You see and Blindsee your opponent in E14, at ground level. He clearly has a Blur effect on, but is otherwise visible.

Also, is this the same move action you've been using? Because you can not double move and ready an action, and you've moved at least 65 feet (I am unsure if that is possible within a single move action for you, depending on your fly speed).

Anklebite:
You feel your opponent enter B13 at altitude +20 and peek around the corner. He is invisible, but your Touchsight picks him up.
You should both give descriptions at this point, as LoE has been established.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 10:36 PM
Claudius:
Actually that was a double move, so no readied action after all. But I do rage and frenzy as free actions before my turn ends.

You see a hulking creature with a bald head and muscles that look as if they were made out of stone. His sneering face twists as he begins to roar, foaming at the mouth and pawing at the ground with one foot. He holds a glaive tightly in both hands, and wears shimmering black and white armor.

Your turn.

Anklebite
2010-02-16, 11:03 PM
Claudius:
was at ground level.

yeah, you can recognize a dragonborn water orc by now. speaking of, what the hell is that thing? it has to be the ugliest one you've ever seen! and why does it have four arms? is that cloak attached to him? did his armor seems to be the standard chain shirt, but that is one funky glowing blue helm he has. ....is that a freaking tail? with spikes on the end? and what is with that mask, it looks like an anteater! there seems to be an image of a four-armed, gargoyle-like winged humanoid overlaid with him, the green of it's skin clashing with the shiny scales.

the ugly thing seems to take note of your presence, and quaffs a potion, dissapearing from your sight.

potion of invisibility

hidden actions:
5 five step to D14, five feet above the ground

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-16, 11:11 PM
Anklebite:
Elevation noted.

Is your turn over? With all the action economy stuff around, it's usually best to explicitly end your turn.

Moonlitdreams:
I think you forgot to mention being invisible and 20 feet in the air back there.

While he is invisible, your blindsight sees your opponent move to D14, 5 feet above the ground.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 11:13 PM
Is your turn over, Anklebite?

Anklebite
2010-02-16, 11:26 PM
woops, yes, yes it is.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 11:47 PM
Alright. In that case... you are suddenly attacked from above. The invisibility is gone, and you need to beat my Intimidate check ( [roll0] ) to avoid being shaken until I stop raging.

Jump at him and full attack on a charge. Power Attack to -11 AC (I have the Shock Trooper feat and the Spirit Lion totem.)
9 rounds left of rage and frenzy. I take 2 subdual damage from frenzying.

ROAR! Full attack.

Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Attack 3: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Attack 4: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-16, 11:54 PM
Moonlitdreams:
You can not normally charge him, because he has cover relative to your starting position. Unless you have a way to bend your charge or otherwise overcome this limitation, of course.

And why is his invisibility gone?

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 11:56 PM
Also, any and all attacks that hit are turned into bull rush attempts, trying to push you into the wall at C14.

BR attempt: [roll0]
BR attempt: [roll1]
BR attempt: [roll2]
BR attempt: [roll3]

If these attempts succeed, you take

[roll4] damage
[roll5] damage
[roll6] damage
[roll7] damage

From bashing into the wall multiple times.

At the end of the bull rush, you will fall prone (due to Rampaging Bull Rush feat).

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-16, 11:59 PM
Claudius:
Leap Attack feat. I can cover at least 10 feet horizontally with my jump and land at D13, next to him.

And I meant my invisibility is gone, because I attacked.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-17, 12:06 AM
Moonlitdreams:

Here’s what it means to have a clear path. First, you must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent. (If this space is occupied or otherwise blocked, you can’t charge.) Second, if any line from your starting space to the ending space passes through a square that blocks movement, slows movement, or contains a creature (even an ally), you can’t charge.

You fail to meet either criteria, because you can attack from C13, and the bold text kills the charge even from there. Leap Attack's 10 foot horizontal movement clause does not allow you to move in a fashion unusual for charges, it means that 10 feet of your normal, straight charge movement needs to be in the form of a jump for you to gain the feat's benefit.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-17, 12:19 AM
Claudius:
Would it work if I moved to D12 and charged from there? If so, that is what I am going to do.

Anklebite
2010-02-17, 12:30 AM
forgot to mention it in description, but roll miss chance for blur. otherwise, all the non-nat 1's hit.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-17, 12:30 AM
Moonlitdreams:
You could charge from there, but you could not activate Leap Attack, as the nearest place of attack would be D13, altitude +10, which fails to satisfy the 10 feet of horizontal distance required for the feat.

A possibly bigger problem would be that you can't 5-step and charge in the same round. You would have to move there with some kind of extra action.

Anklebite
2010-02-17, 12:31 AM
also, forgot to roll level check(I pass on anything other than a nat1)
[roll0]

edit: I also have touchsight, so can you tell me the specifics of your actions(moved, charged, ect)?

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-17, 12:38 AM
Blur provides concealment, not cover. Concealment is irrelevant, since I have blindsight. So, no miss chance as I understand it.

Edit: As for my actions, I moved to D12 and then charged.

Claudius:
Oh, right. :smallredface: That's what the belt of battle is for. I spend 1 charge from it to power the move action, then use my full-round action for the above charge.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-17, 12:44 AM
Moonlitdreams:
As I said before, D12 would negate your Leap Attack. Moving to D11 would let you retain your previous actions.
Level checks do not automatically fail on a natural one.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-17, 12:45 AM
Claudius:
Alright, then that is what I do. Sorry for the trouble.

So then, what is your condition, anklebite? My turn is over.

Anklebite
2010-02-17, 12:46 AM
well then, the second attack that lands kills me. a quick question about that dungeoncrash damage(which didn't even come into play); are you getting a bonus damage source to it, or is your strength mod really +13?

edit: oh, and all four landed. as I thought, this char is nowhere near the level needed for this place. seems I'll be trying my hand at full casters next, got a few good ideas for em.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-17, 12:47 AM
While getting both the bonuses from raging and frenzying, yes it is a modifier of +13.

Good game. :smallsmile: If you had hit me first, this might have gone differently.

Anklebite
2010-02-17, 12:51 AM
nice. which method did you use for blindsight? scout's headband?

edit: I doubt it, don't think my charge damage would have been high enough, assuming you have a respectable AC. even if all six attacks hit, and the insight strike followup too, the average damage would only have been 141.5

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-17, 12:57 AM
Blindfold of True Darkness, actually.

And... heh. My AC isn't bad when I'm not Power Attacking it to almost negatives through the Shock Trooper feat. But apparently the boost to offense was worth it. :smallbiggrin: Thanks for the match.

Anklebite
2010-02-17, 01:01 AM
the blindfold is only 30ft radius.

good match though, nice to get the initial curbstomping over with.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-17, 01:03 AM
the blindfold is only 30ft radius.

Gah, should have got that one. Luckily, it never made a difference, even when he was 20 feet up.

Moonlitdreams
2010-02-17, 01:09 AM
Really? Ah, the details... Fortunately that didn't make a difference.

Anklebite
2010-02-17, 01:20 AM
well, at least now you know why I wanted to know how you were getting that. :smallsmile:

by the way, tattoos of touchsight are awesome. 60ft blindsight-that-can't-be-stopped for several minutes for 750gp? sign me up!