PDA

View Full Version : question about Drakkensteed, half dragon, and Paladin mounts.

Mystic Muse
2010-02-16, 01:25 AM
Okay. For my Paladin I have a Drakkensteed as a mount. However I was wondering Whether adding the half dragon template to it would be an option? If so, what level should my Paladin be before I would actually do this? I don't want to do this before it's reasonable. Or does Half dragon have to be taken at character (Or in this case mount) creation and can't be taken later on?

BenTheJester
2010-02-16, 10:02 AM
I don't know about Half-Dragon, but I know you can trade 1 use of Remove Disease to add the Celestial Template.
And since the template boosts your mount's intelligence, it is now allowed to qualify for Vow of Poverty

Starbuck_II
2010-02-16, 10:18 AM
Okay. For my Paladin I have a Drakkensteed as a mount. However I was wondering Whether adding the half dragon template to it would be an option? If so, what level should my Paladin be before I would actually do this? I don't want to do this before it's reasonable. Or does Half dragon have to be taken at character (Or in this case mount) creation and can't be taken later on?

You can add them in Savage Species, but they aren't cheap. There are three: sacrifice XP, sacrifice levels, or cast Wish ritual (which doesn't work 100%).

Mystic Muse
2010-02-16, 01:16 PM
Cast wish is the only one that would work since My mount can't sacrifice levels or XP since it doesn't have those. It has HD but since it doesn't have class levels it has no xp (or levels)

and I asked. VoP isn't legal for mounts in my DM's game.