PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Idea

Evard
2010-02-16, 12:27 PM
3-5 Evil overlords are bragging about how great their minions are and eventually (after many drinks) they make a bet. This bet is that their minions are so loyal and so great that they could use their evil powers for the forces of good and set up a government in another land that was peaceful. (dwarven ale makes people loopy)

These minions are level 1 evil adventurers that must go into uncharted territory and create a good government by using good means (no torture etc)

The reason i thought of this is cause sooooo many times adventurers are good aligned (or neutral) yet they do evil actions. So telling the players you ARE evil yet you can't do evil or their Evil Overlords will loose a bet will keep them in line :D Therefore if they torture someone and word gets around evil people are taking over then the Overlords will come and punish them for making them loose money/stuff

Defiant
2010-02-16, 12:30 PM
If they like the idea, then sure, go with it. But don't try to force it on them. Let them play whatever characters they want.

And bear in mind that alignment should be defined by a person, not vice-versa (with the exception of alignment-specific classes). In my opinion, people should not be going around saying "ok, I'm this alignment" and doing something else. They should be doing whatever they feel most appropriate for their character, and apply the alignment based on that.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-16, 12:30 PM
It is rather meta, but I like it. Only trouble is what do they do about Pallys (detecting their evil side).

ericgrau
2010-02-16, 12:47 PM
1. Misdirection. Undetectable alignment. Etc.
2. A typical town has maybe 3 paladins, and only a very small portion of paladins are high level. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but if you look at the DMG numbers there really aren't that many.