PDA

View Full Version : How to start an underground magic item shop...

gallagher
2010-02-16, 05:07 PM
So how would you go about doing this: a little background first...

in a game i am in, i have been lucky enough to have found a shopkeeper that has received a few stolen goods, and have already traded for one of them. this got me thinking: this is an evil campaign, and i have the opportunity to do something very mafia-ish. if we can get this shopkeeper to run a black market in a city with a paladin in its government, and a high ranking one at that, he is the reason why pirates are not a large threat anymore in this town. my party would obviously provide protection, but a few level 9 characters can hardly be a strong force for this. if maybe we found an assasins guild we could help work this one out, but it will be difficult.

so i ask the playground, how would you attempt this in the game? we are a tattooed monk (me) a bard who is getting his 9th level spells at like level 15, most of you should know that build by memory by now, a spellwarp sniper, and a rogueish assassin. we have a cleric who gives people parasitic cysts of some sort who has played with us, but isnt exactly reliable. this town we are in is going to be our main town.

any ideas?

axraelshelm
2010-02-16, 05:14 PM
Have the cleric cast summon planar ally and make a deal with some out of plane heavies protection and trade some magic items to fill your stocks to get you started and cut them into the action.

gallagher
2010-02-16, 05:16 PM
Have the cleric cast summon planar ally and make a deal with some out of plane heavies protection and trade some magic items to fill your stocks to get you started and cut them into the action.

ok ok thats a good idea. any other thoughts that would be good options?

gallagher
2010-02-16, 05:20 PM
ok ok thats a good idea. any other thoughts that would be good options?

after looking at that spell, i see that the duration is not going to be long enough, i think, for the price that it takes. the spell will have to be from a wand because he only gets 5th level spells atm, and also we dont have 1000gp per day of service.

axraelshelm
2010-02-16, 05:30 PM
Okay keep the trading part get the cleric to ask his god for merchant to buy from. Train homeless people to guard your place get them addicted to a drug that only you can provide then you only have to feed their habit and some food. A army that relies on you only.