PDA

View Full Version : Procrastinators ITP

Shas aia Toriia
2010-02-16, 09:50 PM
So, I'm sure its happened to all of you - you're doing some report that needs to be completed for tommorrow when, oh, look! Something awesome on teh interwebz!

How do any of you manage to deal with it?
I know that I, for one, am terrible at it.
(currently only 150 words away from finishing some report I need to write.)

@Serp: I lolled.

Serpentine
2010-02-16, 10:12 PM
Meh, I'll respond later.

Starfols
2010-02-16, 10:15 PM
I stop and think about how wonderful irony is :smallwink:.

Zocelot
2010-02-16, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I'm procrastinating a couple pages of english work. I used to do this thing a couple of years ago, where I'd wake up at about 2 or 3 in the morning, do work and go back to sleep. I think I'm going to do that again tonight, for old times sake if nothing else.

Urg
2010-02-16, 10:52 PM
I have to write two papers for tomorrow, haven't started either.
In their place, I've been working on a poem for English.

It's a broken/
circle a puzzle/
that none can/
ever solve.

It's a token/
techno muzzle/
the fan/
starts to revolve.

An LED/
turns on/
electricity/
runs through.

A prize a key/
you won/
brings felicity/
a debut.

The crackle/
the startup/
celebration/
as I get to work.

I unshackle/
It's on? Yup/
the animation/
goes berserk.

That hum/
that purr/
everything's right/
with the world.

Succumb/
monsieur/
to the light/

Sneak
2010-02-16, 11:07 PM
I have a pretty important quiz tomorrow. I'm not ready for it. At all. It's currently 11:17 PM. I have to wake up at 6:30 AM. I haven't started studying. I had pretty much no other work to do tonight.

...yeah. :smalltongue:

If you just want a few simple rules to help you deal with procrastination, though, I guess I can come up with a few. All right, here goes.

Haruki-kun
2010-02-17, 12:00 AM
I should really be working now....

Roukon
2010-02-17, 12:46 AM
But, why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

Later Days,
Roukon

thubby
2010-02-17, 01:19 AM
I used to, but the stress was so bad i finally stopped.

rakkoon
2010-02-17, 02:38 AM
I need the stress to work. If I have two months to finish a paper I cannot be bothered, wait till the last week to get those juices pumping!
Having that deadline approaching usually gets me motivated

Dallas-Dakota
2010-02-17, 03:00 AM
Eyup, I'm here I guess.

Athaniar
2010-02-17, 03:24 AM
Yeah, I'm a procrastinator too. Fortunately, I always (well, most of the time) realize, when the deadline is near, that I NEED to do it, and then I do it.

KuReshtin
2010-02-17, 03:26 AM
I was going to go through a presentation for work AND go through the rule book and prepare for the football game I was officiating on Sunday.

I had thought of doing that on Saturday, right after I got home from the garage where i had hoped they could put the finishing touches on the repairs of my car.

Turned out, that on my way back from the garage (which btw was closed), I stopped at Gamestation and bought CoD:MW2.
Let's just say that I didn't get any studying of the football rules done and I only opened up the presentation for work, 20 minutes before the meeting started... :smallconfused:

Serpentine
2010-02-17, 03:36 AM
Right now, I'm working on the first essay of the first semester of the first year of my honours that was due around April last year. Well, not right now, seeing as I'm here, writing this...

I put the "pro" in "procrastination" :smallwink:

SilverSheriff
2010-02-17, 03:42 AM
I'm currently Procrastinating getting another job... the only problem with that is that if I hurry up and do it now I can spend the hard-earned money from that job on procrastinating more efficiently.:smallamused:

Eon
2010-02-17, 08:11 AM
"remember now, this is due on Wednesday. Lucky for you it's a long weekend so you can write your poems." said by Teacher last MONDAY

poems finished night before...

I think I'm a pretty good procrastin- I'll finish this later...

Anuan
2010-02-17, 09:42 AM
I have literally, not even joking, gone past this thread three times in the past few hours going "I'll check that, later..."

Am I in?

Mercenary Pen
2010-02-17, 11:59 AM
I've done plenty of procrastinating- I'm trying to improve.

Blas_de_Lezo
2010-02-17, 02:55 PM
I used to do this thing a couple of years ago, where I'd wake up at about 2 or 3 in the morning, do work and go back to sleep.

Oh man, now that's procrastinating!! :smalleek:

Ok, I must admit I'm a procrastinator myself... I have to write two essays in less than 4 hours, and I'm yet starting... :smallwink:

Personal motto: Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do in past-tomorrow.

[EDIT] Ok. I've just realized I've reached a new level. After reading this post I felt bad, so I stop writing my essays (I need them finished in less than 4 hours) and I started googling for "overcoming procrastination". :smalleek:
Did I win somethin? :smallbiggrin:

Shas aia Toriia
2010-02-17, 04:21 PM
Bleh. Got 5 easy questions that should take me about 45 seconds each, but the thought of rooting through my stuff to get them out is just too much.
So I seek solace in the internet.

CurlyKitGirl
2010-02-17, 05:04 PM
Exactly a week ago I was set thirty lines of Old English to translate and then to write a commentary on.
I went to the class this afternoon having done half the translation and no commentary whatsoever; I left half an hour early for a 'meeting', 'forgetting' to hand my work in.
Five hours after leaving the class my translation is complete and my commentary is half done. How strange that I'm being productive after the due date.

In addition, I've an essay due in Monday that was set two weeks ago. Haven't read the primary texts, haven't chosen one of three titles, haven't even thought of reading secondary material. It has to be handed in six o'clock Sunday evening for marking and handing back on Monday.

I have also been putting off eating since I woke up at . . . ten o'clock, surviving only on tea. And even then it took me four times to boil the kettle and actually pour the water into my cup. I need more tea. Ten more cups of Ceylon to go before I can buy more tea!
If I get around to it.

Belkarsbadside1
2010-02-17, 05:39 PM
we should forma support group. Someone should start on that!

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-17, 05:45 PM
we should forma support group. Someone should start on that!

Maybe tomorow.

Urg
2010-02-17, 05:46 PM
Procrastination is a serious disease. Overlooked by doctors for... well, forever, this disease has grown to affect every single human at one time or another. Join Procrastinators Anonymous today.... or tomorrow... or whenever you can fit in it. Serp's bringing refreshments and... oh yeah, never mind.
:smallbiggrin:
Edit: Ninja!

Partof1
2010-02-17, 06:55 PM
I would do work sooner, but my mind will not let me. Somewhere, my mind knows that I have time, and wants to use the current for fun things. However, when a deadline is close, I can write many things, competent things, in little time. I have much potential, but I hold out on myself. :smalltongue:

Blas_de_Lezo
2010-02-17, 07:01 PM
Ok, I must admit I'm a procrastinator myself... I have to write two essays in less than 4 hours, and I'm yet starting... :smallwink:

Finally I just finished... the NIGHTMARE is over... :smallbiggrin:

I start a new subject tomorrow. I bet I'll procrastinate the essay until the very last moment just as today... :smallsigh:

(And yes, I quote myself, same as Nietzsche lol)

Starscream
2010-02-17, 07:49 PM
You guys think you're bad? I saw this thread last night, and only got around to replying just now. Hey, things kept cropping up.

GoC
2010-02-18, 08:23 PM
Bleh. Got 5 easy questions that should take me about 45 seconds each, but the thought of rooting through my stuff to get them out is just too much.
So I seek solace in the internet.

Not quite that easy but this is what happened to me on Wednesday.
I procrastinate to a massive extent even by uni student standards!
If I fail it will be due to procrastination not lack of brainpower (hell, it takes me 1/3 of the average time to do a problem sheet).:smallsigh:

Funnily enough I've also been procrastinating replying to this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7781863&postcount=172).

Eon
2010-02-18, 08:49 PM
I really need to stop procrastinating... It's really starting to hurt my grade but it's too much of a habit now...

Weezer
2010-02-18, 08:58 PM
I procrastinate just the right amount. I avoid working on it at all until the night (or perhaps couple days if it requires things like actual sources) before, then I churn out pretty quickly a solid product. When it gets to crunch time I kind of get hyperfocused and things just get done.

Vaynor
2010-02-18, 09:08 PM
I was going to post something witty about procrastination like everyone else, but I really just can't be bothered.

Raiki
2010-02-18, 09:16 PM
You know I was going to post about this the other day when I first noticed it, but I couldn't get up the energy.

But yeah, I do procrastinate quite a bit. I've been meaning to go back to school for years now, and let's not even talk about that novel I was going to write.

~R~

Pocketa
2010-02-18, 09:22 PM
I'd post but

Is that something shiny?

Nameless Ghost
2010-02-18, 09:32 PM
So now I'm looking at this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RidiculousProcrastinator) which is putting off my posting on this thread, which is delaying my writing a story I've been planning for at least a year. Or two.

I'm quite sure I have work of some kind to be doing when I've finished.

Raiki
2010-02-18, 09:32 PM
I'd post but

Is that something shiny?

No no no, you're looking for the ADD thread, that's down the hall and...

Was that a bunny?

Wait, what was I saying again?

~R~

Mr. Mud
2010-02-18, 10:43 PM
I'm currently procrastinating by looking for a cure to procrastination, so I can stop procrastinating and finish the report I started 4 hours ago, yet is due in 20 minutes. I have a page and a half. I need five times that, and a 20-minute powerpoint to boot...

...But let's check out /b/ first... :smalltongue:.

npc revolution
2010-02-20, 03:07 PM
When I was scrolling through the threads and found this one, I found myself thinking "I'll post later". I found this quite hillarious, perhaps you will too.

Also, part of procrastinating effectively is knowing just how much you're likely to procrastinate, and start working just before you have to, to make room for more procrastination.

I will now get around to doing an essay for tuesday.

Arti3
2010-03-09, 08:39 PM
I have a paper due tomorrow- just started researching :/

GenPol
2010-03-09, 08:49 PM
The irony of me posting right now is... staggering...

Eldritch Knight
2010-03-09, 09:54 PM
I'm not a procrastinator any more. Suffice to say, consequences caught up to me, and I'm still waiting on the full extent of the fallout. I'm very much starting to take things seriously, but it may be too late.

gooddragon1
2010-03-10, 12:35 PM
So, I'm sure its happened to all of you - you're doing some report that needs to be completed for tommorrow when, oh, look! Something awesome on teh interwebz!

How do any of you manage to deal with it?
I know that I, for one, am terrible at it.
(currently only 150 words away from finishing some report I need to write.)

@Serp: I lolled.

I've got this paper due today at 2:30 pm, currently almost 10 am... but I gots time. Also... Akroma, Angel of Rathe (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=25301) :P!