PDA

View Full Version : Help with lizardfolk Fluff

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-17, 12:55 PM
for an eberron campaing a friend and I wanted to introduce a poisondusk lizardfolk tribe, the idea is to introduce my friends characters to te party, now my first instinct is to make them a nomadic tribe of mercenaries (sp?)

Now I am in love with the setteing but my knowledge beyond khorvaire and a bit of Xen'driks is quite off, but I seem to recall that lizardfolk originate from the Droam Holds, which I think is the mercenary nation by excelence please correct me if I am wrong.

Now the lizardfolk character background is that his grandfather (leader of the tribe in his time) was a mercenary who excelled at mage slaying, (to account for his FE: Arcananist) so if anybody can help me to expand upon that, the help would be REALLY appreciated.

bosssmiley
2010-02-17, 01:08 PM
I thought Lizardmen were from the Q'barra Jungles (E. of the Barney-riding kender and bedou-elves, S. of the Dwarves of Zurich and the ersatz Vikings) in Eberron?

Rip off WFB lizardman fluff (jungles, step pyramids, golden plagues, ancient prophecies, "Kneel before Kermit!"). Job done. :smallwink:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-17, 01:19 PM
I thought Lizardmen were from the Q'barra Jungles (E. of the Barney-riding kender and bedou-elves, S. of the Dwarves of Zurich and the ersatz Vikings) in Eberron?

Rip off WFB lizardman fluff (jungles, step pyramids, golden plagues, ancient prophecies). Job done. :smallwink:

WFB??? what is that? I am confused, and let me see if I can guess your directions

Barney riding Kender (Talenta Halflings) Bedou elfs (Valenar Elfs?)

Greenish
2010-02-17, 01:21 PM
WFB??? what is that? I am confusedWarhammer Fantasy Battles, I think. It matches the description.

Admiral Squish
2010-02-17, 01:23 PM
I went with aztec/mayan fluff, and lizardfolk come from Q'barra. The Blackscale dominate as the 'high priests' of the zombiedragon, the regular lizardfolk are citizens, and the PD are treated as serfs/slaves.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-17, 01:38 PM

Rip off WFRP lizardman fluff (jungles, step pyramids, golden plagues, ancient prophecies, "Kneel before Kermit!"). Job done. :smallwink:

Fixed. The minis game is refered to as plain old Warhammer. WFRP and Warhammer have the flavor of Lizardmen you are thinking of.

Devils_Advocate
2010-02-17, 04:20 PM
This info folks are giving you on poison dusk lizardfolk in Eberron appears in the Monster Manual III, by the way. It appears in the "Poison Dusk Lizardfolk in Eberron" section of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk entry, appropriately enough.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-17, 04:32 PM
This info folks are giving you on poison dusk lizardfolk in Eberron appears in the Monster Manual III, by the way. It appears in the "Poison Dusk Lizardfolk in Eberron" section of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk entry, appropriately enough.

:smalleek:how could I missed that..... :1d4 facepalm damage:

AslanCross
2010-02-17, 05:30 PM
The Eberron adventure Eyes of the Lich Queen also made heavy use of the MM3 Lizardfolk (both Blackscales and Poison Dusks) in its first chapter. They're natives of Q'Barra. The Blackscales claim they're descended from Rhashaak (which the dragon denies) and bully the Cold Sun lizardfolk (the regular types).