PDA

View Full Version : Marvel RPG Chaacters

Niro
2010-02-17, 02:23 PM
I don't know how many of you lovely people, have played one of the marvel rpgs. But they are very fun to playthough I think that the combat system is bit lacking :\

But my real intention of this post is that I am playing in a marvel game with a couple of friends and we went through the old books to look for different characters to meet/encounter and then we realised it. The books are horribly outdated.

So I thought that this would be the best place to get some semi realistic stats and so on.. Maybe even hear if there is any homebrewed rules and such.

The challenge: Take heroes and villains (you decide from which comic) and give them powers/stats accordingly to the FASERIP system (Fighing, Agility, Strength, Endurance, Reason, Intuition and Psyche)

Or shouldwe just switch to M&M?

Zeta Kai
2010-02-17, 02:54 PM
1) I've never heard of this FASERIP system, but "face rip" sounds silly.
2) Better acronyms would be IFSPEAR or RIPSAFE.
3) Mutants & Masterminds is absolutely made for that sort of thing. The M&M forums should have every conceivable Marvel character already statted up.
4) [/thread].

randomhero00
2010-02-17, 03:10 PM
I think I've seen a thread like this on here. Don't know where it is though.

Kurald Galain
2010-02-17, 03:25 PM
I would suggest switching to Aberrant, just to throw an idea out there.

Jon_Dahl
2010-02-17, 03:29 PM
I would suggest switching to Aberrant, just to throw an idea out there.

Original Marvel Super Heroes has TREMENDOUS list of superpowers, and Aberrant is no match to it. Check this out:
http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/creation/ultimate_powers.htm (some home-brew included).
The books themselves detail these powers, but I can't link it here so I don't get banned.