PDA

View Full Version : Boosting Bull Rush Modifier

Koromin M'thul
2010-02-17, 04:07 PM
Hello Playgrounders,

I am currently playing a level 6 goliath fighter, using the Dungeon Crasher variant, and I am looking for ways to boost his bull rush modifier.

I currently have Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +2. Our group uses most 3.5 books, including psionics, but not Tome of Battle. The rest of the party consists of a druid, a psychic warrior, and a rogue 1/monk 5

Aside from charging (+2), my powerful build, Improved Bull Rush, and a high strength score, what other options do I have?

If you could please list the source, and if it is a feat, level, or item, I would appreciate the information.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-17, 04:09 PM
Soulmelds? Totemist has a Soulmeld that grants a +4 to resist Bull Rushes/Overruns/Trip Attempts, and that same meld grants an additional +4 when making those checks (giving you a total +8 against them).

FishAreWet
2010-02-17, 04:18 PM
There is a feat that lets you add your Power Attack amount to it. I forgot it. Maybe Knockback in RoS?

Koromin M'thul
2010-02-17, 04:20 PM
You are correct, it is Knockback from RoS, and I have already taken the feat. It is contingent upon a successful melee hit using PA however, and provides a free Bull Rush attempt.

Xenogears
2010-02-17, 08:46 PM
Marshal 1 from Miniatures Handbook would allow you to add your Cha modifier to your Bull Rush (And Grapple and Trip IIRC) modifier. Also to all allies in 60ft. Unfortunately the type of character that wants to boost Bull Rush usually has low cha...

Warforged Juggernaut Class gives bonuses but from your OP I don't think your a warforged so no taking that class.

Zaq
2010-02-17, 08:56 PM
There are a handful of items in MIC that boost bull rushes or strength checks. Most of them only work a couple times a day, but they're cheap. There's enough of them that I won't bother listing them all, but it's worth skimming through.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-17, 08:57 PM
a 1 level dip into Psychic warrior gets you expansio, coupled with powerful build, you can get really high modifies (or war mind I guess, though you may need hidden talent or wild talent)

Iku Rex
2010-02-17, 09:22 PM
You want armbands of might (MIC), torc of the titans (MIC) and a belt of the champion (MIC, relic).

The strength domain affiliation from Complete Champion can get you a +2 bonus. (If the DM allows it...)

RandomLunatic
2010-02-17, 11:11 PM
The Musclebound character trait from UA is good for +1 to all STR checks. It docks your Init by two points though...