PDA

View Full Version : Does Extra turning increase Factorum's number of turn undead uses?

Starbuck_II
2010-02-17, 05:25 PM
Does Extra turning increase Factorum's number of turn undead uses?

The 5th level ability Opportunistic Piety grants Turn Undead ability (you turn as a cleric of your Factorum level).

sofawall
2010-02-17, 05:27 PM

The 5th level ability Opportunistic Piety grants Turn Undead ability (you turn as a cleric of your Factorum level).

You can turn undead, but you do not have Turn Undead. You have Opportunistic Piety.

Optimystik
Given that the prerequisite is "ability to turn or rebuke undead creatures" rather than "Turn Undead class feature", I'd say that yes, Factotums can take it.

You can turn undead, but you do not have Turn Undead. You have Opportunistic Piety.

Yes, but Extra Turning does not require "Turn Undead."

BRC

I would say No, as Factotums do not actually posses Turn Undead. They have Opportunistic Piety, which can function like Turn Undead or a heal spell, but they don't actually have the ability Turn Undead.

Optimystik
2010-02-17, 05:29 PM
I would say No, as Factotums do not actually posses Turn Undead. They have Opportunistic Piety, which can function like Turn Undead or a heal spell, but they don't actually have the ability Turn Undead.

*points to previous post*

Kylarra
2010-02-17, 05:30 PM
I'd say no. Technically they may qualify for the feat, depending on your reading, but Opportunistic Piety's use/day limit is totally separate from any turn/rebuke undead pool, so even if you take the feat, you won't get additional uses of Opportunistic Piety.

Overshee
2010-02-17, 05:30 PM

Extra Turning [General]

Prerequisite: Ability to turn or rebuke creatures.

I think it would work...

EDIT: ninja'd - "ability" is the key word... I think opportunistic piety counts as the ability to do it...

Yakk
2010-02-17, 05:37 PM
Would having the ability to memorize a spell that creates a turn undead effect be sufficient to use that feat?

Kylarra
2010-02-17, 05:51 PM
Interesting thing that I didn't notice about extra turning the first time. If you have multiple turning pools, it increases each one by 4. Good for powering feats that require turn attempts (but not specifically TU attempts).

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-17, 05:54 PM
What's a 'factorum'? :confused:

sofawall
2010-02-17, 05:56 PM

That seems to be almost as commonly misspelled as Rogue. Rogue just comes up more often.

BRC
2010-02-17, 05:56 PM

A class detailed in Dungeonscarp

Starbuck_II
2010-02-17, 06:00 PM

A Factorum is the Bard but isn't focused on Bardic music or spellcasting: although they can do them.

They get Trapfinding, can substitute Int mod for Str/Dex, and use inspiration points to emulate spells (only each one once).
Basically, they are Jack of All Trades, but actually able to be a master at either at any one time (well one thing at a time).

Boci
2010-02-17, 06:02 PM
A Factorum is the Bard but isn't focused on Bardic music or spellcasting: although they can do them.

They get Trapfinding, can substitute Int mod for Str/Dex, and use inspiration points to emulate spells (only each one once).
Basically, they are Jack of All Trades, but actually able to be a master at either at any one time (well one thing at a time).

He knows. You spelt is wrong. Also, they can gain int mod for Str/Dex no?

Eldariel
2010-02-17, 06:04 PM

Factorum is, to my knowledge, Latin.

Innis Cabal
2010-02-17, 06:04 PM
You missed the joke by a mile.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-17, 06:12 PM
Factorum: Nothing a little rum can't cure :smallwink:

erikun
2010-02-17, 06:12 PM
Factorum is one of the newly discovered elements, right next to Adamantium, Mithralium, and Suezumal.

Boci
2010-02-17, 06:13 PM
Factorum is one of the newly discovered elements, right next to Adamantium, Mithralium, and Suezumal.

No unobtainium?

Optimystik
2010-02-17, 06:18 PM
I'd say no. Technically they may qualify for the feat, depending on your reading, but Opportunistic Piety's use/day limit is totally separate from any turn/rebuke undead pool, so even if you take the feat, you won't get additional uses of Opportunistic Piety.

I'd say you would - the fact that you need Inspiration points is enough of a limiter to keep this from being broken, especially since there is already a built-in use-limit besides needing the points.

Extra Turning would simply increase that limit, while doing nothing for your IP pool.

Curmudgeon
2010-02-17, 07:44 PM
I'd say yes, because Extra Turning merely requires "Ability to turn or rebuke creatures", and the Factotum gets turning at 5th level. The Cleric's Turn or Rebuke Undead (Su) class ability isn't referenced by name.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-17, 07:45 PM
I'd say you would - the fact that you need Inspiration points is enough of a limiter to keep this from being broken, especially since there is already a built-in use-limit besides needing the points.

Extra Turning would simply increase that limit, while doing nothing for your IP pool.

It would let you dump Wisdom (to 10) at least. Just wanted to keep options open.

JaronK
2010-02-17, 08:34 PM
A Factorum is any provably correct statement in regards to a certain type of liquor, one assumes.

JaronK

sofawall
2010-02-17, 08:43 PM
He knows. You spelt is wrong. Also, they can gain int mod for Str/Dex no?

For str/dex checks (including initiative), or skills based off of those abilities.

Boci
2010-02-17, 08:49 PM
For str/dex checks (including initiative), or skills based off of those abilities.

I know, the post I quoted said substitute. I was wondering if I'd mistaken their class features.

absolmorph
2010-02-17, 08:53 PM
No unobtainium?
They're ALL unobtainium.

Dacia Brabant
2010-02-17, 09:24 PM
Factorum is, to my knowledge, Latin.

More specifically it's the genitive plural form of the noun, translated as of or belonging to Factotums. (Factoti? Factota?)

Yes I'm late to the joke, but I don't care. :smalltongue:

In all seriousness, I agree with Optimystik's answer.

Tao the Ninja
2010-02-17, 09:30 PM
No unobtainium?

or bilver?

Tao the Ninja
2010-02-17, 09:31 PM
A class detailed in Dungeonscarp

What's a "Dungeonscarp"?

Yzzyx
2010-02-17, 10:08 PM
What's a "Dungeonscarp"?

It's the book Factorums are in. Factotums, on the other hand, are in Dungeonscape.

Sir Homeslice
2010-02-17, 10:15 PM
It's the book Factorums are in. Factotums, on the other hand, are in Dungeonscape.

There's a Dungeonscarp book? I have got to read it, scarping dungeons is my hobby.