PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Mind-fornication

Kulture
2010-02-17, 07:49 PM
The format is Pathfinder, folks, And I'm thinking it's time to swap out the bland biscuit of martial classes for the soft, moist, delicious cake of casting, just in time to really start fething with some heads.

My initial ideas are a sorcerer with the Aberrant bloodline, mainly because it'd match my shiney new Avatar from the slenderman thread (which I must now apologise for neglecting to ask for permission for first, I had assumed in my sleep deprived stupor that it was free game.)

Not only that but the Pathfinder sorcerer spell list gives such bemusing little ditties as dominate person (for child abduction, cult building and all that other stereotypical urban legend stuff) and illusory terrain to set the scene, that being a misty/foggy forrest that enroaches from nowhere.

Factor in teleports and dim-doors for the slasher-gait effect and nightmare and its bedfellows and I've already got a method of seriously screwing over an entire county.

Add permenancy to this recipie and you have long stretches of foggy, deserted, desolate and dense forest for me to stalk through while the soft giggling of lost children and dark, resonating thumps echo throughout.

Admittantly it's more the realm of BBEGs or even 'monster of the week's but it'll be nice to turn that on the DM for a change.

so, any ideas?

Be it methods of making it creepier, more mechanically effective or even just commentary on how bad an idea this is.

Enjoy.

jiriku
2010-02-17, 08:25 PM
It's a terrible idea. Definitely do it.

Deyond that, assuming your'e allowed to use 3.5 splatbooks, the nightmare spinner in Complete Mage and that funky witch class whose name I can't remember from Heroes of Horror are thematically appropriate.

JoshuaZ
2010-02-17, 08:29 PM
It's a terrible idea. Definitely do it.

Deyond that, assuming your'e allowed to use 3.5 splatbooks, the nightmare spinner in Complete Mage and that funky witch class whose name I can't remember from Heroes of Horror are thematically appropriate.

You mean Dread Witch? It fits flavor-wise but the mechanics won't support him much. It does eventually gain the ability to use fear effects on beings normally immune to fear, but you need to slog through a lot of levels to get that.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-02-17, 09:42 PM
You mean Dread Witch? It fits flavor-wise but the mechanics won't support him much. It does eventually gain the ability to use fear effects on beings normally immune to fear, but you need to slog through a lot of levels to get that.

Assuming Dread Witch doesn't lose you any caster levels, I would actually go both, using the [mind-effecting] adaptation on Nightmare Spinner to get past a whole load of immunities. Next time a Paladin with Mindblink shows up to "slay the vile creature," send him straight to Blackguard territory!

You may also consider chilling out in one of the layers of the Abyss for a base of operations. Similar plans should suffice. There are also rules in BoVD for sacrificing people for fun and profit, which may fit with the whole "slice em up and through the body in a tree thing" from JAFool.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-17, 09:48 PM
Assuming Dread Witch doesn't lose you any caster levels, I would actually go both, using the [mind-effecting] adaptation on Nightmare Spinner to get past a whole load of immunities. Next time a Paladin with Mindblink shows up to "slay the vile creature," send him straight to Blackguard territory!

You may also consider chilling out in one of the layers of the Abyss for a base of operations. Similar plans should suffice. There are also rules in BoVD for sacrificing people for fun and profit, which may fit with the whole "slice em up and through the body in a tree thing" from JAFool.

Dread witch looses a CL at level 1 (or 5 don't remember exactly)

Kulture
2010-02-17, 10:28 PM
If I'm going full-pelt Slender man I'll need a method of hiding in plain sight
(thought dim-door, teleports and invisibility should suffice)

Another matter is the possibility of a permanant silence item (and silent spell as a feat/metamagic rod) which would help the sneaking aspect of the character.

Investing in the lich template may also be an option, as it fits rather well (gaunt, causes fear when noticed/revealed, 'lethal' touch)
Matter of fact, it's looking increasingly like a fear orientated version of dread necromancer, were it not for the sorcerer bloodline being so flavourful for the reach, etc.

Willing deformity (Gaunt) is also a must have, not only for the stacking intimidate bonuses, but for the general flavour.

The idea of driving mad opposing paladins/robbing them of their religion appeals to me...Greatly.

Update: Finally had a gander at the 2 prestiges in question, I'm seeing alot of synergy, and the need for the undead template is diminished (charisma to concentration and immunity to all mind effects will help maintain SAD, however) The multitude of intimidate bonuses and fear auras are also very nice.
Hell, the flavor texts even fit the characterisation of Slendy (it's now late, a Narm nick-name helps me sleep at night).
5 level prestige classes offer so much more flexibility in both characterisation and mechanics.

The only issue is that I'm losing 2 caster levels, and I don't know of any method to regain them, though I only really need mind-rape and a few others to be effective, to be honest.
At level 20 I'll essentially be a BBEG in my own right.