PDA

View Full Version : Ultima [3.5]

Tao the Ninja
2010-02-17, 09:26 PM
I like the ff spell ultima and want to use it. What would you put it as? I say as disintegrate, but in a 40ft radius burst centered on you, doest affect you, sor/wiz 9.

dragonfan6490
2010-02-18, 12:12 AM
Sounds about right. Kudos.

Latronis
2010-02-18, 01:08 AM
I'd say more like 8th level. a 40' disintigrate isn't really as good as something like wail of the banshee or weird

Shpadoinkle
2010-02-18, 04:19 AM
I was hoping this would be about Richard Garriott's games...

Scorpions__
2010-02-18, 11:19 AM
I don't think this would be 8th level, it would be if it only effected creatures like wail of the banshee, but you have to consider that this could be used to undermine buildings. Regular isintegrate only takes out small cubes of matter, would this eliminate... How much? 40ft. radius but how tall.

DM[F]R

Melamoto
2010-02-18, 11:25 AM
Would make more sense at 10'/caster level. A 9th level spell being used by a level 20 should be able to destroy a large chunk of a city. It's Ultima, and it's still got nothing on Apocalypse from the Sky. It is an endgame spell, the likes of which should be powerful enough to shake the foundations of the campaign. Obviously, a hefty material requirement/xp cost is in order.

Tao the Ninja
2010-02-21, 01:03 PM
Okay, how about close-range radius? Also, ?I just realized it should give you feather fall so you dont fall (cause the ground is disintegrated)

Jane_Smith
2010-02-21, 03:12 PM
Their was a spell from a off-source book I read called Obliterate. It litterly had a 100 ft. + 10 ft./caster level range cone from you that litterly, DESTROYS EXSISTANCE before you. The earth, the rock, walls, stone, steel, magic items, people, creatures, doesnt matter. 9th level spell. Litterly tore things to non-exsistance in the blink of an eye. Was effectively a disentagrate spell for that cone-shape, but also did more damage even if the enemy succeeded on a save. Its secondary effect was, even if the enemy makes their save, if they die from the damage? Their remains have the effect as if they failed their saving throws - they still vanish.

Dante & Vergil
2010-02-21, 11:57 PM
What off-source book was that?