PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Making a dragon-themed Paladin

Shadowbane
2010-02-17, 09:36 PM
I want your help in making a dragon-themed paladin. I will not multiclass unleas it is for a prestige class.

Human (which in the homebrewed setting we're playing gives you +2 in two stats of your choice or +4 in one instead of the bonus feat) and Saint template for free. 10th level. I want suggestions on items and/or feats that I could take that could be good.

Oh, and I can take two flaws, which is awesome. So six feats. Last but not least, stats with levels, Saint bonuses and racial bonuses factored in:

Str 22
Dex 8
Con 16
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 20

Suggest away!

Xenogears
2010-02-17, 09:42 PM
Well you could take the Dragonborn Template (IIRC) it gives you +2 con -2 Dex for 0 LA. The fluff is Bahamut giving you a draconic form to help combat Tiamet so it seems to fit your idea. Might wanna take the Serenity feat fom Dragon Compendium to shift all your Paladin Powers to Wisdom based to make you less MAD (although your stats look good so its not that important). Not sure about Dragon-y PrC's that are good so I can't help there.

DarknessLord
2010-02-17, 09:44 PM
Are we talking killing dragons or being pro-dragon?
It's kinda important.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-17, 09:45 PM
I believe there is a feat for having a dragonthemed mount in draconomicon, and I believe there are some dragonblood (subtpe got through dragontouched feat, dip into DFA or playing silverbrow human all in dragon magic and Races of the Dragon) substitution levels.

BenTheJester
2010-02-17, 10:02 PM
1- Paladin ACF at level 5 to gain Drakkensteed Mount (Dragon Magic)
2- Paladin ACF at level 6 to give Paladin Mount the Celestial Template (Planar Handbook)...Lose Remove Disease 1/day (you still get RD at other levels though...) as a special ability.
3- Now your awesome Drakkensteed Mount has 3 intelligence and qualifies for Vow of Poverty.

Step 3 might be cheesy, and may very well not get accepted by your DM. However a Celestial Drakkensteed is still awesome.

Eldrys
2010-02-17, 10:26 PM
+1 on the Dragonborn of Bahamut thing.

Also, there is a Protector of Bahamut prc from Dragon Magic(IIRC) which is pretty much a prestige class specifically made for Paladins of Bahamut.

FishAreWet
2010-02-17, 10:34 PM
1- Paladin ACF at level 5 to gain Drakkensteed Mount (Dragon Magic)
2- Paladin ACF at level 6 to give Paladin Mount the Celestial Template (Planar Handbook)...Lose Remove Disease 1/day (you still get RD at other levels though...) as a special ability.
3- Now your awesome Drakkensteed Mount has 3 intelligence and qualifies for Vow of Poverty.

It's still not worth it IMO. You can spend some of your WBL on that mount you know. AEG and Savage Species have some great items for mounts.

BenTheJester
2010-02-17, 10:40 PM
+1 on the Dragonborn of Bahamut thing.

Also, there is a Protector of Bahamut prc from Dragon Magic(IIRC) which is pretty much a prestige class specifically made for Paladins of Bahamut.

Platinum Paladin in Draconomicon. It's not THAT great, but it grants you cha to saves(which stacks with divine grace), +2 charisma and permanent True Seeing at level 10

Shadowbane
2010-02-18, 12:22 AM
Thank you thank you thank you!

RagnaroksChosen
2010-02-18, 09:11 AM
its eaither out of the PHB2 or wone of the dragon books(dragon magic, nomicon or races of) that allows you to trade heavy armour prof for dragon husk which is basicaly full plate plus it gives you some resistances..

Obviously i would grap power attack as one of your feats as well as draconic aura...

You could also look at dragon lord out of dragon magic. Dragonmicon has some paladin freiendly prc's i would check it out.

AtwasAwamps
2010-02-18, 10:40 AM
There's also the utterly hillarious PrC...I think it's Vassal of Bahamut or Platinum Champion or something...where one of your class features is every couple of levels, Bahamut gives you a big old pile of platinum to spend.

Eldrys
2010-02-18, 05:48 PM
its eaither out of the PHB2 or wone of the dragon books(dragon magic, nomicon or races of) that allows you to trade heavy armour prof for dragon husk which is basicaly full plate plus it gives you some resistances..

Obviously i would grap power attack as one of your feats as well as draconic aura...

You could also look at dragon lord out of dragon magic. Dragonmicon has some paladin freiendly prc's i would check it out.

From Dragon magic. That's where the ACF is.

Xenogears
2010-02-18, 08:48 PM
There's also the utterly hillarious PrC...I think it's Vassal of Bahamut or Platinum Champion or something...where one of your class features is every couple of levels, Bahamut gives you a big old pile of platinum to spend.

I wanna trick someone with VoP into taking that class...