PDA

View Full Version : [A/T]Inside 15 (Read First Post)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

EleventhHour
2010-03-02, 10:31 PM
Across from the CG Building

"And we'll call this a wrap, folks." Elle flicks back the bipod, twists the focusing lens into place, and fires a fist-thick beam of coherent, but invisible, energy through the smirking fellow's head... and tranverses it across the first floor of the building.

*will fill this post in, once I come up with something*

horngeek
2010-03-02, 10:32 PM
{{...um... rather my planned plot didn't get killed before it even properly started}}

UncleWolf
2010-03-02, 10:48 PM
[Sewers]

Hicks groans. "They always come out of the walls..." Edijar puts his back to his. "Hicks, shut up and make sure your oxygen tank is ready." He slaps the detcharge onto the wall near where he was going to anyways, and activates it, ignoring the timer.

That means it's set to 3 seconds. Which is just enough time for the Commander to turn on his helmet's oxygen grab his squadmate before diving into the much off the ledge.

Lets just hope it's enough to protect them from the soon-to-be-collapsing rubble.

[Fortress Sanctuary]

Jericus lets her take his hand and gives her a reassuring squeeze with a smile. "I have faith in you and the Emperor. That's all the faith I need."

Fan
2010-03-02, 10:59 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Roof]

Hack slash dismember!

The heroes of the Nexus are standing up pretty well to the tide of ghouls. But thankfully the ghouls are suicidal creatures. They realize all to well when they're outmatched. And to that end a retreat is called. The undead flee from the complex, swarming back down into the lower levels of the building. A fair fight isn't something that they're going to win by any means.

Better to snack on the people that are alone and confused!

A cheer rises from the roof defenders! Hazzah!

Dyna reaches out to muss up Rowan's hair for him. "You did well. Though there are still people trapped inside. Will you accompany me?" And with a grin she starts heading for the stair access... Only to pause suddenly, hunkering forward slightly as her free hand twitches as though she's trying to resist scratching an itch.

Rowan is cheering right along with everyone else when the ghouls retreat, his armor was marked with the claws and bites of the undead, and stained with the blood and ichor of the now dead undead.

Let it suffice to say that he is fairly surprised when Dyna reaches out and musses the young knights hair.. However, he realizes that a heroes duty was never done, and that it would be all but heresy, and Evil for him to abandon those below in favor of those above.

"Of course. There are many people yet to save, and it will be a cold day in all the Nine Hells before I let a child get eaten by some ghoul when I have power to stop it."

His eyes burn with a hate that would make some people think "Well. He is very very angry. No doubt about it.", as he couldn't quite comprehend the all burning, all consuming fury other people got up into. He had to settle for being very angry, tis one of the disadvantages of practicing temperance you forget what it's like to be truly angry.

Artemis97
2010-03-02, 11:05 PM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

Andromeda slides closer to the Adept and lays her head on his shoulder. "Faith or no. I still worry for you. Every time you use your powers..."

UncleWolf
2010-03-02, 11:20 PM
Sanctuary Fortress

It might be a bit awkward for Andy as she's a good few inches taller, but Jericus lets her and puts an arm around her nonetheless, keeping his wings tucked in to make it a bit comfortable. It felt...odd to be doing this. Andy was likely the person he was closest to, but this was quite literally the closest he's been to her. "I know, I try to be careful, but..." he doesn't finish the sentence.

Artemis97
2010-03-02, 11:29 PM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

"It's only a matter of time." Andromeda finishes in a whisper. She was practically clinging to Jericus, now, afraid to let him go.

UncleWolf
2010-03-02, 11:56 PM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus pulls her tighter to himself and leans back a bit, trying to get them both relaxed. "Andy, I will be here for as long as you need me. I promise." He shifts a bit and rests his head on the moss covering the bench. "And if that is always, then I'll always resist."

Artemis97
2010-03-03, 12:02 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

"You had better." Andromeda says in a warning tone. She shifts to give Jericus a look worthy of the Inquisitor.

UncleWolf
2010-03-03, 12:08 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

She gets a charming smile in reply. "As long as you're by my side, that won't be a problem." He doesn't mention that if she wasn't, he'd likely last a very short time on his own...

Artemis97
2010-03-03, 12:31 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

"Good." Andromeda smiles in return and slips an arm around him.

UncleWolf
2010-03-03, 12:41 AM
[Fortress Sanctuary]

Jericus lays back with Andy on partly top of him, content for now, pondering. "Andy...what will we do after this? We can't work for the Inquisition forever. At least, not in the field like this." Well, Andromeda couldn't, but Jericus would likely just be sent out again and again till either his powers or Daemons ate him alive.

Recaiden
2010-03-03, 12:43 AM
[Streets>Trog's]

"About how you say that knowing full well it could go horribly wrong?" Brendan has to chuckle, but still shakes his head. "It's still tempting fate to say that."

"Actually, it's that our showing up is counted among the worst things that could happen, or was once."
Ashna still laughs.
"Why should I mind? I don't need to be warned against tempting fate. Fate shouldn't tempt me in how it comes out."
And inside the building they've gone.

Artemis97
2010-03-03, 12:51 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

"No, I suppose we can't." She agrees after a bit of thought. "I suppose we could find a job on some inner planet, run a team of our own, there. Keep it safe." Probably the closest thing to a quiet retirement they could hope to find. "Or maybe find work on a ship. I'd like that, at least." She admits, subconsciously toying with the medallion that hung from a chain around her neck. Andromeda missed her home-ship.

UncleWolf
2010-03-03, 01:02 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

jericus gives a slight smile. "Working on a ship wouldn't be bad. As long as I had something quiet to do in a nice heavily warded room." He really didn't relish the thought of being in The Warp a whole lot, not unless he could get a special room for the trips. Otherwise he'd do poorly in a ship. "A library wouldn't be bad either." He notices her toying with her medallion. "Maybe we could even find your birth ship." Jericus neglects to mention anything about his own home planet. It was likely long destroyed by now, his last view of it had been the burning ruins of the archives he'd been working in.

Artemis97
2010-03-03, 01:09 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

Andromeda realizes wht she's doing and lets go of her necklace. "I don't know if I could live on the Veritas again. I have a lot of memories there, but going back wouldn't be the same." Besides, she really didn't want to contemplate how the rest of her family would react to this. Constantine had bee bad enough...

UncleWolf
2010-03-03, 01:26 AM
[Fortress Sanctuary]

Jer nods, understanding. "No, I guess it wouldn't. But if you wished to go there, I wouldn't mind." He gives a light chuckle and a smile. "Perhaps we could even own our own ship one day. A respectable one of course."

Artemis97
2010-03-03, 01:38 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

"Of course." Andromeda agrees with a smile. "Something sleek, and fast, and well armed, with one of the finest crews in all the imperium. And we could travel from world to world, to see the whole of the empire, on our own time." Not having to do any more missions, not having to be at the beck and call of the inquisition. She was dreaming, now, but it was nice.

UncleWolf
2010-03-03, 02:04 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus grins, not wanting to stop her daydreaming. Honestly, he'd love to have freedom after all of this, and would gladly help buy a ship just like the one the assassin was describing. It'd be a perfect retirement to be able to live on a ship with just her and a small crew, traveling where they liked on a whim. He probably had access to enough funds, from legal and... well, illegal sources alike.

It wasn't his fault some of those cultists had rather deep pockets and they simply left their account numbers around. "It sounds wonderful. I even have a perfect name for it too. Persephone." he says, amusement in his voice at the reference to the name she used on their first undercover mission together.

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 11:51 AM
Apartment Complex

[Sewers]

Yep. Always coming out of the walls. Though in this particular case it's less walls and more the drain pipes set into the walls. But there's no reason to let a perfectly good opportunity for a reference be passed up.

Oh hey, then there's an explosion!

The rather deep sludge does a decent job of protecting the duo from the blast, though the pressure wave that ripples flue the fetid fluid will no doubt leave their ears ringing.

Down comes the roof, large blocks of stone and timbers cascading into the mire and generally making a mess of the tunnels. And all but burying both men.

...oddly enough the water is much clearer down here than one might expect. Almost as if this place had been built to just look like a sewer whilst actually serving as a rather sizable dungeon for adventurers to poke around in.

So yeah. Buried under all that rubble. Though several beams that fell across the walkways have made a nice little tunnel for the men to hide in. In fact... this particular area seems to be quite a bit deeper than the others. As it stands the only way out is a hole in the wall about eight feet wide that leads to heavens knows where.

[Rooftop]

Dyna is, quite frankly, strange. Normally one doesn't expect some kind of holy warrior to be this... bouncy? Cheerful? All too often they're stoic and pious. Hardened by years of smiting evil things and seeing their efforts come up short all too often. Where short efforts means dead innocents. Which is bad.

No, Dyna has an infectious enthusiasm for life. And for it's protection as well. It isn't all that uncommon for her attitude to rub off on those around her.

"That's the spirit!" the Warden comments as she heads down the stairs, back into that hell of a building below. More than a few ghouls are still lurking. Still hunting. Still happily turning once innocent people into more bloodthirsty monsters.

And that just won't do.

Once the pair have a roof over their head again the smell of death hits them like a wall. Dead ghouls and humans alike litter the floor. As Dyna walks she pauses now and again, stooping down to close the eyes of this or that victim. And on many she traces an odd geometric array over the forehead and heart. Or at least where they would be if they those parts of them aren't broken and shattered and torn.

"Worst thing about ghouls," the Warden mutters, "Is that anyone they kill will often rise as a ghoul in a few hours," she then glances up at Rowan. "Do you know how to sanctify a corpse so they won't shamble back to unlife?"

[Sanctuary Fortress]

It's fairly quiet here today. Okay, that isn't true. A fair number of people who escaped the ghoul attacks with wounds and fevers have been showing up. Thankfully Ghoul Fever is something the priests here deal with on an all to regular basis.

Jerry will likely feel that whatever shooed away the daemons earlier is still keeping half an eye on him. Probably just in case something terrible shows up to try to possess him again. After all... whatever daemons noticed him before are no doubt just waiting for the chance to jump on him.

One of the lay deacons approaches the pair with a tray of steaming stew and simple barley loves. "Good morning. Are either of you hungry?"

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-03, 12:57 PM
[Lower Floors]
Constantine manages to find his way into the building, encountering no zombies. This had made him quite uneasy. No zombies...anywhere? Where the PDF here that efficient? Or had they already left the building?
He slowly heads upstairs, looking for a server room. Walking down the hallway, he finds the body of a dead tech in a doorway. Sighing sadly, he leans down, muttering a prayer into the tech's ear. "Rest easy good servant of the Omnisiah. Your work is finally over." Stepping over the corpse, he enters the doorway. He snorts derisively. "These are their security?" Stepping up to a console and saying prayers to appease the machine spirit, he starts to access the security footage of the complex.

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 01:10 PM
[Lower Floors]

The dead tech guy would probably be grateful if not for the fact that he's dead. The ghoul that had jumped on him certainly didn't go easy on the poor guy.

The server room is nice and cool, a large fan running to keep the temperature low for the betterment of all the computers in here. Enough of those machines in one place means a whole heap of heat after all.

As for the equipment itself, Connie will no doubt find that it's rather primitive compared to what he's use to. The stuff here is more or less modern in its design. Which simply means that it can't hold a candle to all the crazy stuff one might find in the far flung future of humanity.

The tech priest will easily be able to bypass any encryption to access the security feeds. Some of the cameras have been smashed by the ghouls, giving only images of static. Though many of the cameras are still intact.

Like the one on the roof, giving a good picture of the Empire troopers shuttling off survivors in helicopters.

Or the on up on the fifth floor of several ghouls pounding on a barricaded door whilst another gnaws on the remains of some poor young man.

Or the camera up on the fifteenth floor showing Dyna kneeling over a corpse and tracing some kind of ward over the body. A prayer for the dead, maybe? Or sanctifying the corpse to make sure it stays a corpse. A young knight near her seems to be standing watch.

The camera is the basement seems to have been obliterated by the explosion that rocked the building some time ago.

Though perhaps most importantly Connie will find that there don't seem to be any ghouls at all on the first or second floors. They've all moved higher into the building to find fresh meat.

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-03, 01:29 PM
[Lower Floors]
Connie shuts off the feed, thanking the machine spirit for providing him with information. He starts to head for the upper floors, ready to destroy whatever daemons may be up there.

Earl of Purple
2010-03-03, 01:38 PM
Foundry

Anybody inside the foundry is killed by the eight security guards, the elven girl and the black-haired man with sunglasses; they check every possible hiding place.

Tex's Texts

A seven-foot long millipede-like creature enters. It is black, and holds the first three foot of its body off the ground, with the revelent pairs of legs ending with tiny hands holding a pad, a pen, a digital camera, a bag and a microphone.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 01:50 PM
[Apartment Complex]

Meidani enters the building as well, wearing a long, flowing dress, and carrying a pair of...

fans?

Oh, right. The fans in question have metal set into them, making them quite effective weapons. Not too good for fanning yourself, though.

Seeing no ghouls on the ground floor, she heads upstairs, looking for any more ghouls or survivors.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 01:50 PM
[Apartment Complex-Second Floor]

Sir, I seem to be...errm...a little bit overwh-

Magtok swings his glowing Magchete at a nearby ghoul, scowling out of disappointment and frustration with his own automaton.

Yes, I see that. How did you not see something like this coming after a dumb shout like that?

"Vile beasts," Anshu curses as he leaps forward. His anima blazes to life, its holy golden light buttressing him against the ghoul's attacks and infusing his strikes with power against the things that lurk in the dark.

He attacks so quickly it's hard for the unaided eye to follow, moving with perfect economy of motion as he dispatches five of the six ghouls, each slain with a single slash. Their bodies burst into golden flames where they fall, and Anshu turns his attention to the sixth ghoul, ready.

((Godmoddded with permission))

"The nearest survivor is on the fifth floor; the rest of the building is crawling with ghouls."

horngeek
2010-03-03, 01:52 PM
{{Actually, where are Anshu and Maggy? Near the stairs?}}

If the answer is yes, Meidani sees them, and walks over to them. Do either of you have any idea what made these things?

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 01:57 PM
[Tex's Texts]

The elderly scholar raises a fluffy white eyebrow at the giant bug and asks the only reasonable question one might ask in such a situation. "Can I help you with something?"

[Apartment Complex]

[Lower Floors]

As Connie exists the server room he may very well run into quite the mob! Anshu and Maggy and one maimed MagBot and Meidani! All sorts of peoples! Getting to be quite the convention down here.

Though thankfully the ghoul population is a bit sparse. They'll have plenty of time to talk and plan before something horrible leaps out to try to eat them. And because Rebo is going to lunch soon.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 02:01 PM
[Oh, it's the Lower Floors now?]

((Relatively close, I would think.))

"Only speculation, no evidence."

"You were at the library when I first arrived, were you not?"

horngeek
2010-03-03, 02:04 PM
Meidani nods. All right, then. What's our plan?

And yes, I was.

Earl of Purple
2010-03-03, 02:12 PM
Tex's Texts

"I wish to buy one of everything. I can pay in knowledge or gold, which would you prefer?" The millipede-creature turns its head to one side, looking at Tex with compound eyes below short antennae.

Also, calling it a bug is like calling a dog a lizard. It's a myriapod, not a bug, which is an order of insects. Sorry, but that really annoys me.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 02:14 PM
((Is Meidani going to respond to Anshu's question?))

horngeek
2010-03-03, 02:15 PM
{{Oh, right. Didn't realise it was directed at her.

Edited}}

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 02:25 PM
[Lower Floors]

Meidani nods. All right, then. What's our plan?

And yes, I was.

"I thought so."

"As for our plan, I think our first priority should be rallying the survivors, and then to eradicate this infestation."

horngeek
2010-03-03, 02:32 PM
All right. I heard you saying the nearest survivor was on the fifth floor, but can you tell where other survivors are?

{{Out of Exalted interest, what Charm is he using to locate them, anyway?}}

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 02:56 PM
[Lower Floors]

"Yes." Anshu extends a hand, and a wire hologram of the apartment complex appears, with survivors depicted as golden dots and ghouls picked out as red dots, glowing dimly or brightly according to their relative power and health. He closes his eyes in concentration, and the image refreshes.

A cluster of golden dots, glowing quite brightly, pulse slightly for a moment. "That is our location," Anshu announces.

((General of the All-Seeing Sun and a custom expansion that lets him perceive his opponents. He's using Phantom-Conjuring Performance method to generate the hologram.))

horngeek
2010-03-03, 03:00 PM
{{Ah, the stuff you can do with Essence 5... :smalltongue:}}

Meidani studies the image! She's trying to find the path of least resistance.

Which will, it seems, have to wait for Rebo. Anyone got any ideas on what path we should take?

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-03, 03:01 PM
[Lower Floors]
PDF members? Perhaps. Connie clears his throat and steps forward. "Greetings. I am Inquisitor Constantine, Tech-Priest of Mars. I hear that you want to kill the zombies plaguing this apartment?"

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 03:28 PM
[Lower Floors]

((I should note that Anshu is still surrounded by a brightly glowing aura of gold light, and has a shining golden disc on his brow. Knowing what I do about 40k, I suspect that his blatantly supernatural nature may affect Constantine's reactions))

Of Mars? A Sidereal? No. "Yes. I am Surely-Refulgent Anshu."

Fan
2010-03-03, 03:29 PM
Apartment Complex

[Rooftop]

Dyna is, quite frankly, strange. Normally one doesn't expect some kind of holy warrior to be this... bouncy? Cheerful? All too often they're stoic and pious. Hardened by years of smiting evil things and seeing their efforts come up short all too often. Where short efforts means dead innocents. Which is bad.

No, Dyna has an infectious enthusiasm for life. And for it's protection as well. It isn't all that uncommon for her attitude to rub off on those around her.

"That's the spirit!" the Warden comments as she heads down the stairs, back into that hell of a building below. More than a few ghouls are still lurking. Still hunting. Still happily turning once innocent people into more bloodthirsty monsters.

And that just won't do.

Once the pair have a roof over their head again the smell of death hits them like a wall. Dead ghouls and humans alike litter the floor. As Dyna walks she pauses now and again, stooping down to close the eyes of this or that victim. And on many she traces an odd geometric array over the forehead and heart. Or at least where they would be if they those parts of them aren't broken and shattered and torn.

"Worst thing about ghouls," the Warden mutters, "Is that anyone they kill will often rise as a ghoul in a few hours," she then glances up at Rowan. "Do you know how to sanctify a corpse so they won't shamble back to unlife?"

Rowan looks rather sadly at the body of a young woman, mauled, and torn apart in her prime... Stopping things like this from even occuring... Wasn't that the entire point of his churches crusades? Of the many heroes who gave their lives to banish the daemonic armies back to the hells?

"No.. No I don't sadly. I've seen the Priests do it, but never had the time to do it myself sadly. I do have very little power left anyways, so I don't think that I could do much anyways."

He says, rather bashfully, but he keeps his guard up, just in case any errant ghoul decided to try to pull anything.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 03:33 PM
[Lower Floors]

((I should note that Anshu is still surrounded by a brightly glowing aura of gold light, and has a shining golden disc on his brow. Knowing what I do about 40k, I suspect that his blatantly supernatural nature may affect Constantine's reactions))

Of Mars? A Sidereal? No. "Yes. I am Surely-Refulgent Anshu."

I am Meidani, also known as Wandering Swan.

Meidani looks at Constantine. And yes, we'd be happy for the help.

Artemis97
2010-03-03, 03:35 PM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus grins, not wanting to stop her daydreaming. Honestly, he'd love to have freedom after all of this, and would gladly help buy a ship just like the one the assassin was describing. It'd be a perfect retirement to be able to live on a ship with just her and a small crew, traveling where they liked on a whim. He probably had access to enough funds, from legal and... well, illegal sources alike.

It wasn't his fault some of those cultists had rather deep pockets and they simply left their account numbers around. "It sounds wonderful. I even have a perfect name for it too. Persephone." he says, amusement in his voice at the reference to the name she used on their first undercover mission together.

Andromeda blinks as the name registers in her mind. She laughs. "No! Really? Surely we can think of something better than that."

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-03, 03:38 PM
[Lower Floors]
((Ahh. Forgot about that. I can adjust though.))
Connie looks at the glowing man. A Psyker obviously. I do hope he's been sanctioned. He then turns to face both of them. "How many zombies have you seen so far? Where were they?"

horngeek
2010-03-03, 03:41 PM
The projection should give you an idea of where they are...

Meidani closes her eyes, and a disk starts to shine on her forehead and an aura starts glowing around her.

Of note is the fact that it looks almost exactly like Anshu's.

She opens her eyes again. Those ghouls really won't like getting hit by either Anshu or me now.

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 03:48 PM
[Tex's Texts]

There's a pretty substantial difference between a colloquial bug and a true bug. The former is pretty much a catch all term for any kind of arthropod one feels inclined to mention while the latter is, of course, referring to hemiptera.

"All of them? You would like a copy of all the works I have here? Heh... must have quite the thirst for knowledge, hmm? I am a collector of rare volumes, not simply knowledge. I rather like having something I can put my hands on. Gold is of relatively little use to me. Most of the tomes I have interest in acquiring can't be bought with gold. So what else do you have to offer, hmm?"

[Apartment Complex]

[Lower Floors]

Path of least resistance? Well... The ghouls are mostly milling about at important junctions such as stairwells to make it more difficult for rescuers to navigate the building. However... There's an old elevator shaft apart from the stairs. It hasn't been used in a long time, really. Blocked off for heaven knows how long. Why? Well... It was mostly because dire rates kept chewing through the cables, honestly. Too many accidents.

However... If they could find a way to scale up through the shaft they could nicely avoid the ghouls.

[Upper Floors]

"Once we save the people left here and once the ghouls have been pushed back," Dyna begins as she finishes the array on the forehead of the poor woman. "I could teach you the prayers and seals to use. It's considered a learner's rite in my Order. One of the first rites a Warden learns."

She then leans down and kisses the corpse on the forehead. "Peace to you," comes the last blessing as she rises to her feet, picking up her sword as she stands. "Those more learned and skilled are often busy with the Order's work. So it's the students that perform the rites for the common people that have passed on."

And now Dyna moves toward the stairs now that the last of the corpses have been blessed.

Things get worse as they go.

A quick peek around the corner will reveal a mob of ghouls beating at a door, the wood already beginning to splinter. The barrier probably won't last much longer. And of all the perverse things the ghouls are singing.

"All we wanna do is eat your brains!"
"We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gunna eat your eyes."
"We're at an impasse here, maybe we can compromise!"

UncleWolf
2010-03-03, 03:50 PM
[Sewers]

Luckily for Hicks, Edijar's superior armor is able to take most of the rubble and overpressure, but unfortunately, it doesn't block it all and a shard of rock pierces his shield and left arm. He screams in his helmet, the enclosed space making him deaf. It really hurt. Until Edijar pulls the med-tabs on Hick's suit, flooding his system with Anti-biotics(for the sewage) and painkillers.

Once the Commander works their way from out of the rubble, he puts Hick's arm over his shoulder and makes his way towards the hole. He really hopes that the ghouls are dead.

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus chuckles and gives her a smile. "We could always name it after you. There's no better name I'd ever be able to think of. The Andromeda. It has a nice ring to it."

horngeek
2010-03-03, 03:57 PM
We could take this lift shaft... it'd be difficult for me in this, but I can manage.

{{Deadtime, not sure how long for. Medani will follow the group and take out ghouls if you move before I'm back}}

Fan
2010-03-03, 04:01 PM
[Upper Floors]

"Once we save the people left here and once the ghouls have been pushed back," Dyna begins as she finishes the array on the forehead of the poor woman. "I could teach you the prayers and seals to use. It's considered a learner's rite in my Order. One of the first rites a Warden learns."

She then leans down and kisses the corpse on the forehead. "Peace to you," comes the last blessing as she rises to her feet, picking up her sword as she stands. "Those more learned and skilled are often busy with the Order's work. So it's the students that perform the rites for the common people that have passed on."

And now Dyna moves toward the stairs now that the last of the corpses have been blessed.

Things get worse as they go.

A quick peek around the corner will reveal a mob of ghouls beating at a door, the wood already beginning to splinter. The barrier probably won't last much longer. And of all the perverse things the ghouls are singing.

"We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gunna eat your eyes."
"We're at an impasse here, maybe we can compromise!"

Rowan quirks a eye brow at the ghouls, and their mad rhyming skills... Certainly confusing to see someone trying to make a case for it "just being their brains.". This confusion doesn't last long though, as a image of the dead women and children that Dyna just put to rest reemerge in a flash of memory, and he tightens his grip on his slightly sanctified sword as he says answering her question.

"I would be happy to learn them when possible, but right now I think we need to help whomever these ghouls are harassing.. Now.. Should we go in together, or would you like the honor blessed one?"

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 04:07 PM
[Lower Floors]

((Ahh. Forgot about that. I can adjust though.))
Connie looks at the glowing man. A Psyker obviously. I do hope he's been sanctioned. He then turns to face both of them. "How many zombies have you seen so far? Where were they?"

"Only about 10 so far, but there are many more," Anshu indicates the hologram. "I'd prefer to forego the shaft, at least until we have survivors in tow. The more ghouls we can kill as we go, the better." He glances at Meidani, adding, "Especially given your wardrobe." Dressing inappropriately seems to be a habit for her.

Artemis97
2010-03-03, 04:09 PM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

Andromeda laughs, but after a moment agrees. "You know, I think I like that idea, actually."

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 04:29 PM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

The deacon glances between the two 40kers, shrugs, and sets down the tray of food on a stump next to the bench that does a decent job of serving as an end table. Sadly it's missing a lamp.

By now the presence of Jerry's apparent defender is little more than an inkling at the edge of the mind. Seems as though it really isn't paying very close attention to him any longer.

[Apartment Complex]

[Sewers => Caverns]

Down into the depths! And away from the ghouls above that may or may not be dead at the moment.

Into the sewers...

Or maybe not the sewers...

The pair of troopers may find themselves getting pulled along by a current as they head into the hole in the wall. The current adding in a nice rushing sound until at last they'll be spat out of a wide fissure in yet another wall into into a pool about twelve feet deep.

Huh... Looks like they're in the cave system below the sewers... Given that the both of them have been in the Nexus for some time they may have heard stories about this place. None of them pleasant.

See, the City is popular among adventurers due to how many nifty places there are to go adventuring. And the depths below the City itself is just one of many such realms of danger and potential riches. But down here with just two? One of which is injured?

No... they probably don't stand a chance here... Will probably never find their way out. Except if they try going through that steel door over there with a nice neon green 'Exit' sign above it. That will lead them right up to the steam-punk subway station.

They'll have to push their way through a forest of weird mushrooms to get to it, though.

[Upper Floors]

"I'll need your help with them," Dyna admits as she reaches down to the bauble on her hip and waves a hand over it, causing a scroll to appear in her grip. "I was hoping to save this for later... But we need to be quick. That door isn't going to last for long."

And with that she unfurls the piece of parchment and rips the thing in two, leaving the array scribed upon it hanging in mid-air and glowing an eerie electric blue.

Then it explodes in a flash of warm, soothing light. At least that's how it will feel to any humans standing around. To the undead it feels like the sun itself decided to hop down out of the heavens and show them what-for.

Several of the ghouls are outright blasted into dust. More are blinded by the light, now snarling and flailing about. The rest quickly identify the source of the blast and rush toward the stairs.

Dyna grips Terux Rhomphaya and charges to meet them. Those ghouls that weren't blinded are seeing spots. They seem to have trouble aiming a clear attack.

Earl of Purple
2010-03-03, 04:42 PM
Tex's Texts

"I am an Encyclopede. I collect knowledge and information, like all my species. I have rare tomes myself, such as the last Handbook of Demons by Harivald Dorlax, one of two Rituals and Ceremonies to Show Loyalty to Dalachrech, a map of the first five hundred and sixty five layers of the Abyss, a complete copy of Shakespeare's Lost Plays and An Eyewitnesses Account to the Last Battle of the First Celestial Rebellion. I have other books, too. I have made several copies of all of them, so I do not really need the originals anymore." The Encyclopede seems to be recording the conversation.

It just annoys me; it's not as though bugs are the most diverse arthropods; that honour goes to the beetles. It's probably just me being a picky entomologist, but it really does.

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-03, 04:43 PM
((What is she wearing?))

"How many untainted souls can there be left?" Connie asks this sadly, regretting the loss of life.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 04:45 PM
There's actually a reason for this particular outfit.

But you're right. Stairs, then.

Meidani unfolds her war fans. Let's go, then.

{{Basically, given the style of martial arts she's using, long flowing clothes are a distinct benefit}}

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 04:53 PM
[Lower Floors]

((What is she wearing?))

"How many untainted souls can there be left?" Connie asks this sadly, regretting the loss of life.

"Enough to be worth saving," Anshu replies, and allows the hologram to fade as he leads the group to the next set of stairs up (presumably, the same stairs they just used to get from the first floor).

Fan
2010-03-03, 04:55 PM
Rowan nods to Dyna, before charging forward with a two handed grip on his sword, which funnily, I saw today could lop through three heads at once when wielded by a ex stunt man, but Rowan isn't quite as good even as a out of work stuntman, so he has to settle for merely attempting to cut into one of the Ghouls with a piercing strike... and then attempting to withdraw the blade by kicking the torso into another ghoul in a attempt to slow them down.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 04:56 PM
{{A long, flowing dress.

Last time, she was naked. Transformation shenanigans}}

Meidani follows Anshu, staying near the front.

UncleWolf
2010-03-03, 05:02 PM
[Caverns]

Hicks is in no position to say if he's heard the stories or not, but Edijar certainly has. He knows bad things happen down here. Especially to those without levels and glorified NPC's like himself. But, having heard the stories, he's instantly suspicious about the mushrooms and shoots one from about 25 feet away. Just in case.

[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus nods to the deacon as he continues to hold onto Andy. "Thank you." He gives her a smile. "Good. Then once we retire, we'll buy a ship, name it, then wander the galaxy at our whims. How does that sound?"

Artemis97
2010-03-03, 05:17 PM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

"It sounds perfect." Andromeda admits, but there's a quiver in her voice. As optomistic as she's trying to be, she knows there's a very small chance they'll ever reach this goal.

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 05:18 PM
[Tex's Texts]

The elderly man taps his chin a few times before offering a wry smile. "Very well. We'll have a trade. Book for book. Take those that I have here that you lack in return for those that I don't have. Is that reasonable, hmm?"

[Apartment Complex]

[Upper Floors]

Rowan neatly skewers his foe before punting the expiring monster into another undead behind it, causing it to go sprawling onto the floor in a distinctly ungainly fashion. Another one of the ghouls begins to charge toward him only to have one of its blind fellows blunder into it in a rather comical fashion.

All this makes for a pretty decent distraction when another ghoul comes out of an apartment room and tries to jump the young knight from behind.

Dyna, meanwhile, is pretty busy herself. She's certainly more practiced than Rowan is, each slash and step and parry more of a flowing dance than it is carefully thought out combat. Her body knows how to fight and the blade in her hands seems more an extension of herself than simply a killing tool.

Though she's by no means perfect. There are enough ghouls that an attack from behind is just as much a danger to she as to the young knight. The monster manages to get a rather nasty gash down her back, to which she replies by grimacing and grabbing the thing by the face as her palm flares with the Warden's Sign. A sizable portion of the monster's face is reduced to smoldering ash as it stumbles away.

[Lower Floors]

Up the stairs they go!

Ghouls are pretty sparse until they reach the fifth floor, just a few of the monsters scattered here and there. Relatively easy to miss.

Though when they reach the fifth floor...

A mod of undead are pounding on a door that still holds out, a horrible icy abomination looking on with cold malevolence. As the party comes into view it looks upon them with empty eyes. "Oh ho ho ho! Here come the heroes, boys. Give 'em a proper welcome!"

And on that word a good dozen or so ghouls rush toward the party!

[Caverns]

One of the totally innocent mushrooms has been shot! The faintly glowing blue fungus explodes in a rather sizable cloud of thick neon green spores that slowly spread from the obliterated mushroom. Other than that they don't appear to do anything...

That doesn't mean they're safe, mind. Just not actively reacting to the presence of the troopers.

Edijar may very well be aware of several types of nasty mushrooms down here in the caverns. There are the ones with mutagenic spores. And the rather unpleasant carnivorous ones with venomous tendrils. A few other kinds of icky fungal creatures. But they're aren't immobile.

Oh course... There are some that are just plain old mushrooms.

Just really big.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 05:24 PM
As the ghouls rush towards her, Meidani moves forwards to meet them- and it becomes apparent that the dress was not inappropriate at all, as she flows from one movement to the next, the fabric of the dress moving with her rather than hindering her, blocking a swing from one ghoul with one of her fans, and attempting to slash him across the throat with the other one, her burning anima causing holy damage to creatures of darkness.

UncleWolf
2010-03-03, 05:30 PM
[Caverns]

Edijar frowns at the spores and will blast only the ones in front of the exit. Even though the helmets should protect him and Hicks from the spores, he waits for them to settle down before moving closer to the door. He really didn't want to be trapped down here when things go wrong even more. What's worse, is that he knows there's one last building to clear and that he'll have to do it by himself...

[Fortress Sanctuary]

Jericus hears the slight quiver and puts his other arm around her. "Andy...we'll make it there, don't worry. We've lasted this long, a little longer is nothing. And I'm sure Lazarus would let us go as long as we kept in contact occasionally."

Earl of Purple
2010-03-03, 05:30 PM
Tex's Texts

"That sounds fair. Very fair. If ever you need knowledge, or come upon a book you feel I may require, I can be found in the Bronze Pyramid in a field located Outside the city walls. Oh, and a gift." The Encyclopede takes the books he lacks and gives Tex the books mentioned above, plus a copy of the first National Geographic magazine and a lot of other rare books. Plus a strange device resembling a memory stick but it's got no USB plug; instead it downloads the information contained (a history of hot air balloons) straight into the holder's brain. Wonder where that came from?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 05:34 PM
[Lower Floors]
Up the stairs they go!

Ghouls are pretty sparse until they reach the fifth floor, just a few of the monsters scattered here and there. Relatively easy to miss.

Though when they reach the fifth floor...

A mod of undead are pounding on a door that still holds out, a horrible icy abomination looking on with cold malevolence. As the party comes into view it looks upon them with empty eyes. "Oh ho ho ho! Here come the heroes, boys. Give 'em a proper welcome!"

And on that word a good dozen or so ghouls rush toward the party!

Anshu moves up next to Meidani, his razor claws flashing as he fights next to her, working to push the ghouls back and make room for their other allies to come in behind them.

Artemis97
2010-03-03, 05:41 PM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

"So he can call on us whenever he might feel the need?" Andromeda sghs. "I don't think our work will ever be done, Jericus. I don't think we'll ever be allowed to stop."

horngeek
2010-03-03, 06:19 PM
{{Deadtime until I can get to a powerpoint- my laptop's almost out of charge.

If rebo gets back before I do, assume Meidani continues as she's doing now}}

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 08:52 PM
[Tex's Texts]

"A deal then. A pleasure doing business with you," the elderly sage comments with a grin.

And thus the deal has been struck!

He'll enjoy his new books.

[Apartment Complex]

[Lower Floors]

Seems like plenty of the undead are getting torn up fairly well. But the icy abomination seems to have quite a few minions to hurl their way. And other things to hurl as well.

"Why don't you chill out a bit, Breathers? Just let death come. And then you'll get to joint he undead team! Won't that be great?" the monster laughs as he causes a deadly cold-snap around the heroes. They may find their movements slowed as frost creeps across available surfaces.

[Caverns]

Clearing a path through the mushrooms isn't terribly difficult. And waiting for the spores to settle is probably wise. The pair of troopers begin wading through the gap in the mushroom forest, giant puffballs flanking them on the left and the right.

As they draw near the door a rather different looking lavender mushroom may be noticed with a number of ribbon-like projections slowly waving through the air around it.

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-03, 08:58 PM
[Lower Floors]
Connie grins at the Ice abomination. "Fool. My true flesh works best in the cold! Prepare to meet your demonic masters!" Connie raises both his bolters and starts to fire, while his cybernetic lasgun fires at the smaller zombies.

McBish
2010-03-03, 09:08 PM
[Streets]

Haley walks the streets just sort of wandering around. She does some window shopping. She buys a coffee and sits around for awhile. Then she heads into a store disappearing for awhile.

A few minutes later she sneaks out of an alley and grabs a man and drags him down the alley.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 09:09 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Lower Floors]

Seems like plenty of the undead are getting torn up fairly well. But the icy abomination seems to have quite a few minions to hurl their way. And other things to hurl as well.

"Why don't you chill out a bit, Breathers? Just let death come. And then you'll get to joint he undead team! Won't that be great?" the monster laughs as he causes a deadly cold-snap around the heroes. They may find their movements slowed as frost creeps across available surfaces.

"No." Anshu takes in a deep breath and spews forth a blast of water-essence with the force of a tsunami. The attacking ghouls are likely to be bowled over or even eroded away.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 09:19 PM
Meidani, meanwhile, keeps her balance perfectly, the Crane Form giving her balance even on the ice.

She lets Anshu do his tsunami move.

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 09:35 PM
[Lower Floors]

The rounds from Connie blasts into the Frost Ghoul whilst his laser burns down one of the thing's minions. Or at least the bolter rounds would have hit the Ice Ghoul if not for all the minions standing in front of it.

And then Anshu spits a bunch of water essence into the midst of the ghouls. Into which the Frost Ghoul steps and raises one hand, sending a ripple of uttercold racing back through the stream of power and quite possibly right down Anshu's throat.

Suffice to say having the dead blackness of the icy depths tearing at him from the inside wouldn't be very nice.

The Frost Ghoul seems to have taken the brunt of the impact while his minions step forward to attack once more, their numbers already thinning. Their leader, meanwhile, beats a hasty retreat. He knows a losing fight when he sees one.

UncleWolf
2010-03-03, 09:53 PM
[Caverns]

Clearing a path through the mushrooms isn't terribly difficult. And waiting for the spores to settle is probably wise. The pair of troopers begin wading through the gap in the mushroom forest, giant puffballs flanking them on the left and the right.

As they draw near the door a rather different looking lavender mushroom may be noticed with a number of ribbon-like projections slowly waving through the air around it.

[Sanctuary Fortress]

"So he can call on us whenever he might feel the need?" Andromeda sghs. "I don't think our work will ever be done, Jericus. I don't think we'll ever be allowed to stop."

[Caverns]

Depending on how far away those mushrooms are, Edijar will simply ignore them. If they're within 15 feet, he'll activate his riot shield and keep it between them and Hicks. No matter what, he'll try to get through the door.

Hicks starts to mumble sea shanties as the drugs hit his brain.

[Fortress Sanctuary]

Jericus sighs before chuckling. "No, our job will never be done, but we'd at least have a nice long break. Just to ourselves. Besides we'd get bored if we didn't do the odd assignment. Even you have to admit we've had some fun."

Darkcomet
2010-03-03, 09:58 PM
[Aboard Sanctuary]

Aboard the Sanctuary, in Vyrn's room once again, a screen lights up, displaying General Vettel's face once again.

"Sir... MagSat is back online."

"What's the problem, General? This should be good news."

"I think you'll want to see this for yourself."

The screen changes, displaying MagSat footage of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8004959&postcount=1450) scene Outside.

"The Empire is being invaded."

"WHAT!? General, scramble everything in the city. Tanks, artillery, soldiers, everything. Activate the shield, set up a checkpoint at the gate." The normally calm demeanor of the Emperor is gone, replaced by one filled with frantic orders.

"Yes, sir."

A checkpoint is set up at the gate, consisting of two tanks and two APCs. Artillery is deployed just inside the city walls, pointed toward the outside of said walls. Empire troopers patrol the area around the city gate and the walls with extreme frequency, tanks, APCs, and walkers present as well. Black, silent gunships fly over the city, launched from the Sanctuary. The Imperial Navy is on high alert in the waters of the bay, all of the ships on duty.

A booming, massively amplified voice now comes from the Sanctuary.

"Attention, people of Inside. I understand if you don't want to hear my voice of all voices right now, but what I have to say now is not limited to the Empire's interests or the interests of those who may oppose it.

There has been an unprovoked attack on newly-taken Imperial territory by a previously unknown enemy army. Evidence suggests that this is the same group that crashed the [I]Haven into the peace rally. This group is responsible for one of the greatest disasters to strike the city in recent times. Dissidents and soldiers of the Empire alike have died because of this group's actions.

But citizens of Inside, I emphasize that you must not panic. The Empire can see every move the invaders are making. Should they come to Inside, we shall be prepared. Inside shall not fall to these invaders. War has returned, do not mistake me, and you too must be prepared."

The impromptu speech cuts off there, the Sanctuary flying higher into the sky and out of the city shield's range.

Said shield promptly activates, discoloring the sky with a bright, artificial blue hue.

[Empire HQ]

Charity's comm channel with Vyrn is abruptly cut off for obvious reasons.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 10:04 PM
[Lower Floors]

The ripple of uttercold is too late to do any physical damage, but the magical backlash drains Anshu's internal reserves. He strides forward, slashing at the ghouls as they rush him, and his anima blazes brighter as he draws on ambient magical energy to speed and strengthen his blows.

blackouttwo
2010-03-03, 10:07 PM
[Hidden Underground Compound]

Several computer and television screens all show different scenes around Inside. A middle-aged man sits in an armchair, smoking a fine cigar. "Perfect." He leans back and observes the Empire movements throughout the city on his screens.

"The distraction worked. Now, I just hope that my teams can complete their real objectives." He doesn't smile, despite his plans seemingly coming to fruition. He doesn't laugh, despite the fact that he has the stereotypical 'Evil Armchair.' He stays silent beyond talking to himself, and observes.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 10:20 PM
Meidani surges forwards in a dance of combat and destruction, bringing peace to the ghouls.

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 10:20 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Caverns => Steam Punk Subway]

Thankfully the weird looking fungus doesn't seem terribly interested in the commander and his pal despite the fact that the latter is singing annoying sailing songs. Gives one a good idea of just how dull the creature is.

They make it to the exit and step out into-

The platform around the steampunk subway. Why the City has a steam punk subway isn't terribly clear. But apparently it does. Due to their present odor the pair are given a fair bit of personal space by the various civilians waiting to depart.

[Lower Floors]

And lo, with the combined efforts of our heroes the remaining ghoul minions are slain! The Frost Ghoul is long gone, though. Nearby stands the door of whatever survivor the ghouls were hoping to devour. Might be a good idea to save him or her now.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 10:21 PM
Meidani walks over and knocks on the door. The ghouls are all gone. Are you all right?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 10:34 PM
[Lower Levels]

Anshu, meanwhile, scans the building for more survivors.

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-03, 10:41 PM
[Lower Floors]

Connie shouts after the daemon.
"Coward! I will see this building torn down and burnt so you may not escape!" He weeps the room, making sure no zombies remain.

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 10:52 PM
[Lower Floors]

Burn down the building to kill a ghoul? That sounds a little harsh. But then... fairly standard as far as the Imperium goes, really. Connie's companions might not like that idea, though.

Anywho, a voice comes calling back out from behind the door. "Yeah, I heard that one already!" sounds female. And despite the fact that the voice is trembling with fear there's a decent bit of anger in it too. "Not a chance, ghouls! Go find someone else to snack on!"

Anshu's nifty hologram ability will inform him that there are in fact six survivors on the next floor. Five in one room and another hiding by himself. Th ghouls up there are even thicker than they are down here.

And... it looks like Frosty ran up to the next floor to warn the others that adventurers are coming. Swell.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 11:07 PM
Meidani frowns. I don't suppose there's any way we can convince you we're not ghouls?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 11:22 PM
[Lower Levels]

"I wish Dhiren were here," Anshu mutters, and sends a hologram of himself into the room.

"We aren't ghouls. We'll protect you."

Rebonack
2010-03-03, 11:47 PM
[Lower Levels]

Yeah, too bad she isn't here...

But that's just how things go sometimes, huh? Just have to deal with it and move on!

*ahem*

There comes a sudden gasp of surprise from the other side of the door. Then some less than lady-like swearing. Then the sound of furniture being moved. Eventually the door cracks open and a woman in her late twenties peeks out of the safety of her room.

"I'll be... you aren't ghouls!" she exclaims, rushing out to hug the first person she reaches. "I'm so glad someone got here, I thought I was ghoul meat for sure!"

horngeek
2010-03-03, 11:48 PM
It's all right.

Then Meidani is hugged!

She smiles. Can you tell us what happened, please?

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-03, 11:53 PM
[Lower Levels]
Connie looks at Anshu. He was obviously in charge, despite the fact he was a Psyker. "Where next? The next floor?" He reloads his Bolters.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-03, 11:59 PM
[Lower Levels]

"And tell us on the move, too. We have more people to save on the next floor up. Meidani, you bring up the rear. I'll take the lead."

horngeek
2010-03-04, 12:14 AM
Meidani nods. All right.

She heads to the back of the group.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-04, 12:24 AM
[Lower Levels]

Anshu will lead the group up to the 6th floor. Himself in the lead, followed by Constantine, followed by the Magbot, followed by the NPC, followed by Magtok, followed by Meidani. Assuming nobody has anything else they want to do or say first.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 12:34 AM
[Exiting the Taverna Generica]

Zamira is pushed!

Long Tooth will be thanking Shrike when he hears about this incident.

Harmony follows. Good move.

"I've been an assassin and thief for a long time, I know odds and tactics," Shrike says as they leave the building, and those meddlesome monks!

horngeek
2010-03-04, 12:37 AM
All right.

I'll take my leave now... but before I do...

Harmony touches Shrike and Zamira, and as she does, the hearthstone set into her swords glows. That'll make sure you don't forget me.

I'll be back, all right?

Then she goes. And Zamira deadtimes, as I have to go very soon.

McBish
2010-03-04, 12:41 AM
Haley steps out of the taverna again and starts to walk towards NO.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 12:45 AM
Shrike nods, managing a bit of a smile.
Then Radiant Harmony is gone!
And she turns to lead Zamira down the street and away from the meddlesome monks.

Rebonack
2010-03-04, 12:51 AM
[Lower Floors]

The woman, who introduces herself as Lori, begins to relate the story as they go. It's really simple, truth be told. Ghouls came swarming up from the lower floors, devouring anyone they could get their bony claws on. It was a real nightmare. She had been quick to barricade her apartment and most of the ghouls went on to find easier snacks.

The sixth floor yields...

Nothing.

Nothing but remains scattered about. Remains and corpses.

There isn't a single ghoul in sight.

Which is probably really disturbing.

UncleWolf
2010-03-04, 12:55 AM
[Steampunk Subway]

Edijar ignores the crowd and tries to make his way up to street level to see where they are, thankful to be away from the ghouls for the time being.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-04, 01:06 AM
[Lower Floors]

The woman, who introduces herself as Lori, begins to relate the story as they go. It's really simple, truth be told. Ghouls came swarming up from the lower floors, devouring anyone they could get their bony claws on. It was a real nightmare. She had been quick to barricade her apartment and most of the ghouls went on to find easier snacks.

The sixth floor yields...

Nothing.

Nothing but remains scattered about. Remains and corpses.

There isn't a single ghoul in sight.

Which is probably really disturbing.

Anshu checks his magic survivor scan.

Fan
2010-03-04, 05:05 AM
[Tex's Texts]

The elderly man taps his chin a few times before offering a wry smile. "Very well. We'll have a trade. Book for book. Take those that I have here that you lack in return for those that I don't have. Is that reasonable, hmm?"

[Apartment Complex]

[Upper Floors]

Rowan neatly skewers his foe before punting the expiring monster into another undead behind it, causing it to go sprawling onto the floor in a distinctly ungainly fashion. Another one of the ghouls begins to charge toward him only to have one of its blind fellows blunder into it in a rather comical fashion.

All this makes for a pretty decent distraction when another ghoul comes out of an apartment room and tries to jump the young knight from behind.

Dyna, meanwhile, is pretty busy herself. She's certainly more practiced than Rowan is, each slash and step and parry more of a flowing dance than it is carefully thought out combat. Her body knows how to fight and the blade in her hands seems more an extension of herself than simply a killing tool.

Though she's by no means perfect. There are enough ghouls that an attack from behind is just as much a danger to she as to the young knight. The monster manages to get a rather nasty gash down her back, to which she replies by grimacing and grabbing the thing by the face as her palm flares with the Warden's Sign. A sizable portion of the monster's face is reduced to smoldering ash as it stumbles away.
*snipity do dah*.

Rowan fares only slightly worse surprisingly, but due to lacking powers is clocked upside the back of his head, red entering the edges of his vision, a audible grunt of pain accompanying a visable stream of red matting his once fairly nice sandy blond hair together in clumps as he turns around bringing the blade around for a attempted decapitation before attempting to move closer to Dyna..

If they were closer at least they could watch each others backs, and keep sneak attacks off of them, and he was fairly sure he'd be incapable of standing alone after so many trials, and lacking any more of the power he had for the day.

Rebonack
2010-03-04, 11:30 AM
[Apartment Complex]

[Steampunk Subway]

It won't take Edijar very long to get out of the subway. It might be bustling with people but quite obviously no one is interested in attacking him here. Given that he's surrounded by the denizens of Inside rather than a bunch of horrible ghouls.

Up the stairs and into the light!

No doubt the (comparatively) fresh air will be quite the relief for him.

He isn't terribly far from the complex at this point. Maybe a ten minute jog. Seems that underground stream carried him further than one might expect. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle to get back considering that the streets aren't swarming with ghouls. Or even lightly smattered with ghouls.

[Upper Floors]

Warriors back to back!

That helps quite a bit, actually. The ghouls certainly aren't the most horrible of foes around. They would certainly be rather nasty against an opponent without a weapon or training in combat, but pitted against someone with both of the above they're a dangerous nuisance.

It's their numbers that are the main problem.

And the dozen or so ghouls would have probably overwhelmed the pair if not for the Seal Dyna had kicked off combat with.

Not long, really. Though the time seems to be stretched out longer than what transpired. What might have seemed like ages was little more than a minute. And now the ghouls lay around their feet battered and broken.

Victory!

Aside from the gash along her back Dyna has an unpleasant looking bite wound on her arm. Though she seems less concerned with her own injuries than with Rowan's. "Are you hurt?"

horngeek
2010-03-04, 01:14 PM
Meidani looks around, keeping her guard up.

Fan
2010-03-04, 02:09 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Upper Floors][/B]

Warriors back to back!

That helps quite a bit, actually. The ghouls certainly aren't the most horrible of foes around. They would certainly be rather nasty against an opponent without a weapon or training in combat, but pitted against someone with both of the above they're a dangerous nuisance.

It's their numbers that are the main problem.

And the dozen or so ghouls would have probably overwhelmed the pair if not for the Seal Dyna had kicked off combat with.

Not long, really. Though the time seems to be stretched out longer than what transpired. What might have seemed like ages was little more than a minute. And now the ghouls lay around their feet battered and broken.

Victory!

Aside from the gash along her back Dyna has an unpleasant looking bite wound on her arm. Though she seems less concerned with her own injuries than with Rowan's. "Are you hurt?"

He feels the back of his head, and although there is definite bleeding, and likely a concussion... He'd live... What he was more worried about was that bite wound. Such a thing could easily be infected!

I.. I'll live. What you need to look at is that bite... It could be infected with ghoul fever."

He says, putting on his serious face, he was a knight. It was his duty to take blows for others, and he had armor... She.. Didn't have the armor, and that makes her rather vulnerable.

Rebonack
2010-03-04, 03:39 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Upper Floors]

It's true. Dyna doesn't wear any armor to speak of. She relies fully on her own speed, agility, and rather uncanny capability of moving in impossible directions to avoid harm in combat. Better than nothing. Though not so nice if someone manages to clip her.

Armor is a little too restrictive for her, honestly.

But yeah... ghoul bite. Those are bad most of the time.

Dyna peers at the wound in question for a few moments. Then just offers Rowan a rather reassuring smile. "My kind is pretty resilient. You don't need to worry about me."

'My kind'?

Is she implying that she isn't human?

"I would rather save my healing abilities for people who are actually in danger. I can patch myself up later," and with that she knocks on the rather splintered door. "Hello? Are you alright in there? The ghouls out here are dead."

A muffled voice comes from inside. "How do we know you aren't ghouls trying to trick us?"

[Lower Floors]

The survivor sense will inform Anshu that there's a small huddle of survivors nearby, looks to be room 614. Another lone survivor will show up in the laundry room across the hall.

For some strange reason the position of the ghouls is obscured.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-04, 03:54 PM
[Lower Floors]

"Something is hiding the ghouls from my senses, so be alert," Anshu tells the others. "There are still survivors here, so let's go get them." He leads the way to 614.

horngeek
2010-03-04, 03:58 PM
Meidani follows!

As said on the Outside thread, shortish deadtime.

About an hour or so.

horngeek
2010-03-04, 04:51 PM
Shrike nods, managing a bit of a smile.
Then Radiant Harmony is gone!
And she turns to lead Zamira down the street and away from the meddlesome monks.

Zamira is lead away! We're still going to have to deal with them sometime...

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 04:54 PM
(Streets)

"Sometime," Shrike agrees, nodding. "But not today. Not against all five of them at once. We need to develop a plan, and we need to get them where we can split them up, one at a time, and take them out if necessary, one at a time...

...first, though, we should probably find Anshu."

((also, brb, heading home from library))

horngeek
2010-03-04, 04:55 PM
All right. Let's find him, then.

Darkcomet
2010-03-04, 05:11 PM
[Empire-Update]

Those dealing with the Empire would do well to note a change in the equipment of Imperial soldiers. Look here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7316828&postcount=355), in the sections relating to K-Corp and squads. (It's the scanners.)

Earl of Purple
2010-03-04, 05:33 PM
Foundry

Eight human males wearing security guard uniforms are loading a van with iron outside. They are being watched by a young, blonde elven girl in a denim dress of the elven equivalent of 8 years old and a black-haired man wearing blue joggers and a red jumper, plus sunglasses. The foundry door has got lots of bullet holes in it, and blood's splattered on one of the security guards.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 06:24 PM
[Streets]

"A fine plan," Shrike points out...
"...but where do we look?"

horngeek
2010-03-04, 06:53 PM
I don't know, really.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-04, 07:17 PM
[Lower Floors]

Anshu knocks on the door of 614. "Open up! We're here to rescue you and escort you to safety."

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 07:27 PM
[Inside]

"So..."
Shrike shrugs.
Wander around a bit and try to figure out where he could be, head home, or try to find something to smash?"

horngeek
2010-03-04, 07:30 PM
Wander around and try to find where he could be, I suppose.

Zamira looks around. Closest trouble spot, maybe?

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 07:35 PM
[Inside]

"Might be a good place to start."
Shrike grins.
"You still got that nose for trouble I remember so well?"

horngeek
2010-03-04, 07:36 PM
Well...

Zamira starts heading off!

Straight towards the Apartment Block.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 07:48 PM
[Streets]

Shrike chuckles, and follows her Lunar Mate at best speed.

horngeek
2010-03-04, 07:52 PM
And they come to... the Apartment Block!

[Apartment Block]

Zamira looks at it. Uh-oh... that doesn't look good.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 07:56 PM
[Apartment Block]

"...you can say that again..." Shrike mutters.

((BR has to eat and such, but will be back soon.))

horngeek
2010-03-04, 08:03 PM
Go in the front door, or up the side of the building?

horngeek
2010-03-04, 08:37 PM
[Outside the Taverna]

Caros, Kirana, Salvation and Avatar should all be dropped off here by the spell. Here we are.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-04, 08:52 PM
[Outside Taverna]

Kirana and the others arrive just as the monks are leaving. The Dragon-Blooded recognize Kirana instantly.

"That's her!" Tide shouts.

"Hold them off! I'll get Thorns somewhere she can heal. The rest of you hold them off until we're away, then fall back and wait for me to send word. The girl can wait until we can get her alone!"

The other monks nod, and ready their weapons as Fist gathers air essence and prepares to carry Thorns to safety.

horngeek
2010-03-04, 08:57 PM
Salvation steps forwards. No, I don't think you're leaving.

His arm reconfigures to its Essence Cannon form.

Caros simply draws his Reaper Daiklave.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-04, 09:34 PM
[Outside Taverna]

Kirana has her sceptre at the ready. They're looking for me?

Flint slams her goremaul to the ground, sending out a shockwave that will make it very hard for anyone to stay upright. "Go, Fist!"

Fist leaps, the wind carrying him far and fast.

Torch grins fiercely. "If you want to get to hiim, you'll have to go through us! she declares, her short daiklaves - each the size of a normal sword - bursting into flame.

horngeek
2010-03-04, 09:43 PM
Caros stays back, and starts muttering another spell.

Salvation, meanwhile, looking around, decides to change his plan of attack.

The Essence Cannon retreats, and his arm clicks into its drill form, which starts spinning. He charges at the Dragon-Blood.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 09:56 PM
[Apartment Block]

Go in the front door, or up the side of the building?

"Up the side." Shrike grins.

((I haven't been following this plot...recap in a nutshell?))

Rebonack
2010-03-04, 09:58 PM
[Apartment Complex, Lower Floors]

Yelling at the door, eh?

Believe it or not that actually gets a pretty positive reply from inside the room. "Thank Palor someone finally came! Just a moment, we'll get this stuff out of the way!"

From behind the door comes the sound of furniture being moved. As well as muffled voices exchanging instructions. "No, not the couch! Get the dresser first!"

After a few minutes the door eases open, revealing five rather frightened humans behind it. Two women and three men. One of the guys doesn't look so hot, a nasty bite wound on his shoulder. The rest are more or less unharmed.

"Did you guys kill all the ghouls?"

Meanwhile!

[Streets]

Avatar landed in a totally awkward sort of way, face planting on the road and rolling a few feet in a fairly unpleasant way. Ouch...

He spends his turn trying to stand up whilst the ground is shaking a whole bunch! No doubt the various monks may note his silly blue fox ears. Might mistake him for a Lunar.

horngeek
2010-03-04, 10:17 PM
All right.

Zamira shifts into her war form and stars climbing up the side of the building!

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 10:23 PM
(Apartment Building)

Shrike chuckles and follows Zamira up the side of the building!
Loose bricks, chunks of mortar missing...anything's a handhold for her.

UncleWolf
2010-03-04, 10:27 PM
[Streets => Apartment Complex Building 4]

Edijar drops off his comrade with an APC in the street when he finally gets there and then enters the final building alone, being even more cautious this time.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-04, 10:36 PM
[Lower Levels]

"Not all of them. That's why we're gathering up survivors and getting them to safety. ... He's been bitten. Is he safe?"

[Outside Taverna]

Flint swings her goremaul at the oncoming Alchemical. "Feel the Earth Dragon's Might!" she cries.

Torch and Tide leap at Caros, daiklaves and dragon claws slashing. "Fury of the Fire Dragon! "Wrath of the Water Dragon!"

"Sun Sceptre Blade! Back off!" Kirana shouts, moving to defend the Twilight and brandishing her sceptre with a golden blade of light springing from the mace-like head. "I am the champion of beauty and justice, the light that burns away the darkness! I am Magical Princess Kirana, and in the name of the Sun, I will punish you!"

Rebonack
2010-03-04, 10:36 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[The Wall]

Seems a pair of Exalts are scaling the walls.

As they pass windows they'll get a good view of the ransacked interior of the building. Some rooms empty. Some filled with ghouls feasting on human remains. And a few with huddled survivors.

Won't see those, really.

They've been shoving furniture against the windows.

[Ground Floor => Basement]

Eldijar will find himself on the ground floor of the final building, treated to the nice site of dead ghouls and smashed up MagBots everywhere. Huh... looks like someone cleared this place out pretty well already. After a bit of searching he should find the basement access pretty easily. As with the first basement visited the lights down here are all smashed. Thankfully the commander doesn't hear anything moving around down here...

Eventually he'll come upon a pretty sizable hole ripped into the floor where a drain used to be. No doubt the final access point.

UncleWolf
2010-03-04, 10:41 PM
[Basement]

Commander Edijar is more thankful than anyone will ever know that he doesn't have to fight. This time, he'll look for points to blow while still being in the building. He really doesn't fancy his chances of survival if he had to go through the sewers again.

He has 2 charges left, so if he finds two points, he'll set the charges to be detonated by remote.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 10:51 PM
[[Another Brick In] The Wall]

Shrike pauses about halfway up, eyeing in a window a pair of ghouls snacking on the remains of a family. And scowls angrily. "Zamira? I say we go in this one." She points at the window. "Coupla ghouls. Looks like an infestation in progress."

horngeek
2010-03-04, 10:51 PM
Salvation moves his drill, the tip smashing into the goremaul, adamant saw-teeth lining the grooves of the orichalcum drill in an attempt to break the jade weapon.

Meanwhile, Caros finishes his spell. And this is not a spell of the Terrestrial Circle, but the Celestial Circle of sorcery.
Incomparable Body Arsenal!

Caros' body transforms in a flash of Essence to an iron automaton, which sprouts spikes from its arms, and rushes against Torch, swinging the Reaper Daiklave at her. Thank you, Kirana.

----

Zamira nods. All right.

She climbs to next to the window.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 10:55 PM
[The Wall]

Shrike draws back one foot...

...and goes to kick in the wall window! :smalleek:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-04, 10:56 PM
((Torch is a GIRL! She's even wearing a bikini top for Chrissake!))

horngeek
2010-03-04, 11:13 PM
{{All right, all right. Edited. :smalltongue:}}

Zamira moves into the window after Shrike, going to slash open throats and decapitate.

----

Meidani looks around as she answers. No, not yet. We're trying to get all the survivors to safety.

Her fans are ready in case there's another attack.

Rebonack
2010-03-04, 11:17 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Lower Floors]

One of the men, a fellow by the name of Yaunie, nods in reply. "Yeah, he got bit and he's burning up with a feaver. If you guys have got a healer or something with you then it would be great if-ohgodslookout!"

Why the panic?

About three dozen ghouls just came pouring out of empty rooms whilst others smash their way down through the false ceiling. Swarm time!

Several of the undead will try to force their way past the heroes and into the room with the survivors. No doubt to devour them.

[Middle Floors]

In come the ladies! The three ghouls in the room honestly don't know what's happening before they're already dead. Poor ghouls...

[Basement]

Sadly the boss encounter doesn't give time for the commander to set his charges.

Out of the hole in the floor comes a mass of writhing tendrils barbed with teeth and claws, flesh the color of raw meat and specked with vile boils filled with pale yellow slime. The thing that hauls itself out of the pit assaults the senses and mind alike, little more than an amorphous mass of meat.

Innumerable milky eyes focus on Edijar, circular mouths ringed with ivory, inward curling teeth gnash at the air. In all the abomination is about the size of a compact car.

Oh cool.

It's a Spawn of Manterok.

Those charges may prove useful in more than just blowing up masonry.

Meanwhile!

[Streets!]

Avatar has finally managed to get back to his feet again!

He glares at the various monks and decides that he's going to be killing the lot of them without quarter or mercy considering what they recently did.

Nightmare essence blazes around the end of his staff, taking on the form of a spectral spearhead as he darts in to drive the weapon into Flint's side.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 11:19 PM
[Apartment Complex - Middle Floors]

Shrike eyes the GHOUL GRIME stuck to her DAIKLAVE and grimaces. "Well, that was easy, at least."

She checks the room for LOOT before heading to the DOOR, and listening for a moment for any signs of GHOULS on the other side before OPENING it.

This post was written in a passing moment of SILLY. :smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-03-04, 11:21 PM
Meidani frowns at the ghouls.

She moves to block the door, her fans providing defense against the ghouls.

----

Zamira nods.

I'm wishing Meidani was here right now... she could make sure the family didn't become ghouls themselves...

UncleWolf
2010-03-04, 11:35 PM
[Basement]

You know, this is exactly the reason why Edijar wonders about taking levels in Fighter. He had considered himself traditionalist, but the extra hit die and feats didn't sound so bad right now. Maybe even a few levels in Soldier from that new system, Density Affect or some such.

He thinks about it for a moment as he stands calmly, setting a 2 second timer on one of the blasting charges.

Nah, he was good.

He simply tosses the charge underhanded at one of the beast's mouths.

The Bushranger
2010-03-04, 11:42 PM
(Apartment Complex-Middle Floors)

"How so?" Shrike asks, quietly, as she listens at the door.

Rebonack
2010-03-04, 11:52 PM
[Apparent Complex]

[Middle Floors]

Well... No ghouls seem to be out in the hallway. This particular area seems to be more or less clear of undead activity. Which... Is a good thing, right?

Of course it is!

Though there are human remains scattered all over the place. Stinks in here to say the least.

[Basement]

Hey, PC levels can always help! An extra few hit points and additional combat ability is certainly not wasted on a soldier by any means. Though Soldier from Star Wars d20 would probably fit Edijar pretty well.

And so he tosses the hot potato at the horrible monster!

The horrible monster that casually swats the bomb aside with one of its numerous tendrils, causing it to go spinning through the air before landing in a pile of totally innocent plushies and exploding violently.

Also near a support column that just exploded.

But that isn't as important as the now obliterated plushies.

With a horrible wheezing sound the beast surges toward the commander with speed quite surprising for its size and awkward shape, lashing out with a forest of tendrils to entwine about the man. Probably shouldn't let it get a good grip on him.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-04, 11:55 PM
[Lower Levels]

Anshu, meanwhile, simply starts to sing.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the One who has no peer:
"He is driving out the demons and the harbingers of fear;
"He hath loosed the fateful brilliance of His terrible swift spear:
"The Sun is marching on.

"Glory, glory, hallelujah!
"The Sun is marching on!"

As his rich baritone rings out, his anima suddenly explodes to fill the hallway and the room with holy sunbeams that will burn any ghoul or creature of darkness they touch. It may also hurt the guy who got bit, if he's turning into a ghoul.

[Streets]

Flint channels earth essence through her weapon and into Salvation's drill, attempting to overload and destroy it. Her skin is tough enough to reduce the force of Avatar's spear thrust, so she takes only minor damage from it.

Torch catches Caros's Reaper Daiklave on one of hers and darts a jab at his torso with the other.

Tide feints at Kirana with his dragon claws; she moves to block, and he lashes out with a kick. She rolls with the blow, but she'll have a lovely bruise tomorrow. She charges and tries to stab him.

horngeek
2010-03-05, 12:21 AM
{{Deadtime}}

UncleWolf
2010-03-05, 12:26 AM
[Basement]

Edijar watches as the charge goes sailing off and blowing up the pile of plushies. He could tell it was going to be one of those days.

Then he sees the tentacles coming for him.

Yep, it was going to be one of those days...

He backpedals, barely escaping the tentacles and lashing out at them with his blade. He couldn't very well bring the ceiling down on it as he had no idea if any civilians were on the floor above. He didn't need that on his conscious as well. Those levels started to look more and more tempting...

DoomITP
2010-03-05, 12:29 AM
Connor walks into the Emporium.

The Bushranger
2010-03-05, 12:34 AM
[EE]

Crissy is behind the counter.
Laying on the counter, head on arms.
And sound asleep
Awww....

Shrike leads the way out the door, wishing she had a gun, but settling for drawing her broken-off bastard sword and starting down the hall.

Then freezes, as she feels a blast of Essence being used in the building!

Rebonack
2010-03-05, 12:40 AM
[Apartment Complex]

[Lower Floors]

Rawr! Show those ghouls what for!

The heroes seem to be doing a holding back the literal flood of undead, though there doesn't seem to be any end of them in sight. For every ghoul that's struck down another steps in to replace it, clawing and biting and generally being really smelly.

(23 godmodable ghouls remain!)

[Middle Floors]

She might hear some singing as well, truth be told. Anshu is a scant one floors below her right now. Might be a good idea to get down there and help!

[Basement]

Running may or may not be the wisest of ideas when it comes to dealing with this rather horrible creature. But then, standing around probably isn't a good idea either.

One of its limbs is sliced off, the tendril dropping to the ground and twitching spasmodically.

Given that Edijar doesn't feel like holding still it decides to spew a rather vile stream of pale yellow bile at him. Within a few seconds after touching the air it'll become thick and tacky, threatening to glue anything it contacts to the ground.

To make matters worse it's acidic, too. But the sealed armor will probably protect the commander from that aspect to a degree.

UncleWolf
2010-03-05, 12:51 AM
[Basement]

The commander is able to sidestep most of the sticky-acid, but a good amount still gets on his shield, taking a moment before it starts eating through. His suit was made to help hold up against acid and sticky substances, but the two combined make it rather hard. And the shield is a different matter all together. It's disposable. Costly, but still replaceable, and a bit less durable.

Seeing and feeling the stickiness start to settle in, Edijar gets an idea and unstraps his last detcharge and rubbing the explosive part with the glue/acid, being careful to not to actually get the control touched. He sets it for a few seconds and throws it low, trying to get it to stick to the creature, hoping that even if it swats at the explosive, it'd stick anyways.

Rebonack
2010-03-05, 01:06 AM
[Apartment Complex]

[Basement]

So it comes down to this, doesn't it?

Shmutzed up and totally helpless. What a way to go...

But wait, what's this?

Edijar is rubbing some of that nasty smelling slime on his bomb to make a sticky grenade! That's rather clever isn't it?

The weapon is hurled and the horrible beast swats it aside once more! Only to have it stick to the limb like a ludicrously explosive burr.

The spawn peers at the bomb with several of its glassy eyes before making a burbling sound that could only possibly mean, 'Oh sh-'

And then it explodes.

Bits of rancid flesh and shattered bone are hurled in all directions. Probably want to try to avoid getting hit by any of that stuff.

All that remains of the monster is part of its lower body that's been burst open like a ripe melon. Several large sacs of slime inside the beast have likewise been obliterated, slaying several larval spawn that had been growing inside it.

[All Over the Complex]

As one every single ghoul in the building freezes in place and clutches their heads, giving a rather unearthly shriek before heading for the nearest window and skittering down the walls toward the sewers below. Chances are quite a few Empire troops will be taking pot-shots at them as they retreat into the sewers-

-only to find their various points of entry blown up.

Except for the one near the commander. He had best find somewhere to hide when he hears all the undead coming.

It'll be a turkey shoot in the courtyard.

UncleWolf
2010-03-05, 01:21 AM
[Basement]

Edijar breathes a sigh of relief, now he could go home, shower and have a nice night with his wife. It was finally o- and then he hears the ghouls coming down the stairway he was heading up. Growling, he removes his still melting shield and right glove, as well as his helmet(latching it to his side) to give him a better field of vision before taking his pistol in his left hand, his right clenched tight with it's blade crackling with all the extra energy that's been diverted from his shield.

His radio crackles in his ear as he activates it. "HQ, this is Commander Edijar, Primary Objective seems to be complete. Minor cleanup is required." Then he remembers the hole behind him. "As well as a cement truck." He then takes a few steps up the staircase to make sure they can only come 1-2 at a time and from the same direction.

This wasn't going to be pretty.

horngeek
2010-03-05, 01:58 AM
Meidani looks up. Why are they retreating?

Zamira looks at Shrike. Go check what it is?

horngeek
2010-03-05, 02:03 AM
[Streets]

Flint channels earth essence through her weapon and into Salvation's drill, attempting to overload and destroy it. Her skin is tough enough to reduce the force of Avatar's spear thrust, so she takes only minor damage from it.

Torch catches Caros's Reaper Daiklave on one of hers and darts a jab at his torso with the other.

Tide feints at Kirana with his dragon claws; she moves to block, and he lashes out with a kick. She rolls with the blow, but she'll have a lovely bruise tomorrow. She charges and tries to stab him.

Caros grows a shield from his other arm, blocking the incoming jab, then tries to kick torch.

Quite strong due to the spell.

Salvation's drill is made of Orichalcum... so the earth essence probably won't work.

The Bushranger
2010-03-05, 02:08 AM
Meidani looks up. Why are they retreating?

Zamira looks at Shrike. Go check what it is?

[Apartment Building]

Shrike grins slightly. "You're brilliant, Zamira. Do you hear that? I think that's Anshu singing. Let's go."

And she heads for the stairs!

((Also, I'm just about to head to bed... :smalltongue:))

horngeek
2010-03-05, 02:12 AM
All right. Let's go.

Zamira heads for where Anshu, Meidani and the others are!

The Bushranger
2010-03-05, 02:16 AM
[Apartment Building]

Shrike will try to find some stairs that look safe, considering the...structural realignment happening in the basement, and lead the way down a floor.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-05, 11:32 AM
[Lower Levels]

"I have read His fiery gospel writ in burnished gold and steel:
" 'As ye deal with my petitioners, so with you my might shall deal;
" 'Let the Hero, born of mortal, crush the serpent 'neath his heel,'
"The Sun is marching on.

"The Sun is marching on!"

Anshu continues singing, and sunbeams continue to burn the fleeing ghouls. Meanwhile he once again invokes his magic to check for survivors and ghouls (on the off chance that the force concealing the latter had abated).

horngeek
2010-03-05, 01:17 PM
Caros grows a shield from his other arm, blocking the incoming jab, then tries to kick torch.

Salvation's drill is made of Orichalcum... so the earth essence probably won't work.

Iames? You missed this... :smallsmile:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-05, 02:27 PM
((I'm waiting for Rebo))

Rebonack
2010-03-05, 02:32 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Basement]

So long as Edijar has the good sense to stay out of sight the ghouls will be running right past him and piling down that hole in the floor as quickly as they can. More than a few are grumbling about stupid pushy undead horrors going and making them come up here to the surface.

Grumble grumble grumble...

[Lower Floors]

No doubt the ghouls are fleeing in terror from Anshu's horrible singing. More than a few of them get burned down as the retreat out various windows and down the stairs. Bye ghouls!

Then there comes a clattering sound from the dryer...

Shortly before a rather terrified looking young man peeks out cautiously at Connie. "Are... Are they gone?"

Meanwhile!

[Streets]

Avatar wrenches his spear to the side, the nightmare essence blade snapping off in Fint's skin as he does so. The rather nasty weapon will do its best to slowly work in deeper, heading for vital organs unless it's pulled out.

The Far Chimera focuses for a few moments, causing a new blade to grow into place at the end of his staff.

horngeek
2010-03-05, 02:40 PM
{{Ah. Meanwhile}}

Salvation breaks away just before the drill breaks. Hmmmm... interesting.

{{But, I need to deadtime for training. :smallsigh:}}

UncleWolf
2010-03-05, 03:03 PM
[Basement]

Hearing the GM of the Plot's grumbling, Edijar takes the hint and goes to hide where ever he can find a good spot. :smalltongue:

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-05, 03:05 PM
[Lower Floors]
Connie examines the man, and quite possibly making the man a bit nervous. "Most of them are gone, yes. But I'm not sure that they have left the basement. However, I believe there's a team down there now. You should leave quickly."

Rebonack
2010-03-05, 03:19 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Basement]

Less the GM grumbling and more the ghouls. After a good several minutes of ghouls filing down the pit, all the while accompanied by the sounds of gunfire outside, the last of the undead slip away into the darkness. Looks like that's the end of this particular adventure.

[Lower Floors]

"Y-yeah, no kidding," the man stammers. He's use to weird looking people having lived in the Nexus for a while now, so Connie isn't quite as disturbing as one might expect. He begins climbing out of the drying in a rather awkward fashion.

Hmmm...

Looks like he has a bite-mark on his leg...

Earl of Purple
2010-03-05, 03:26 PM
Foundry

The iron and steel has been loaded onto the van by the eight security guards. The security guards, the elven girl and the man in the sunglasses have also got into the van and it speeds off towards the closest gate in the wall.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-05, 03:40 PM
[Streets]

Torch dances back, evade the kick, and unleashes a blazing flurry at him, her fiery blades flickering in and out like tongues of flame.

Salvation breaks away just before the drill breaks. Hmmmm... interesting.

Flint whips the butt end of her goremaul up at Salvation's chin, using the weight of the head and a healthy dose of earth essence to put more force behind the blow.

Tide flows out of the way of Kirana's stab and brings his claws down on her weapon, twisting it from her hands and sending it flying through the air. Kirana fires a blast of sun-essence at the Water-Aspect.

Avatar wrenches his spear to the side, the nightmare essence blade snapping off in Fint's skin as he does so. The rather nasty weapon will do its best to slowly work in deeper, heading for vital organs unless it's pulled out.

The Far Chimera focuses for a few moments, causing a new blade to grow into place at the end of his staff.

Avatar is being left alone for the moment, but all three Dragon-Blooded are now surrounded by a swirling aura of their element - raging fire; crashing waves; sharp-edged gravel. Getting within a yard of them will cause injury.

[Lower Floors]

No doubt the ghouls are fleeing in terror from Anshu's horrible singing. More than a few of them get burned down as the retreat out various windows and down the stairs. Bye ghouls!

Then there comes a clattering sound from the dryer...

Shortly before a rather terrified looking young man peeks out cautiously at Connie. "Are... Are they gone?"

Anshu breaks off his song as there are no more ghouls. "They're gone from here, at any rate. They seem to have been scared off by something."

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-05, 04:16 PM
Connie looks at the man's leg. "You're hurt. May I look at it?"

Rebonack
2010-03-05, 04:31 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Lower Floors]

The young man seems a little nervous still, but he nods at Connie's request. "I... alright. Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I'm not feeling feverish but it's still worth checking."

The wound isn't terribly deep. More of a shallow gash. Must have pulled his limb free before the teeth clamped down.

Meanwhile!

[Streets]

So... They're all surrounded by auras of powerful elemental power? Too bad Dyna isn't here. She would toss a white-fire projectile into the middle of them and watch the fireworks. But sadly she isn't. Still recovering from their last encounter.

So Avatar will do something different.

He smites the ground with his staff, causing a patch of blackness and deep indigo to swirl into being behind torch. And then a rather unpleasant array of nightmare essence tendrils will come lashing out of the pit, aiming to twine around her and drag her away into the depths.

The Bushranger
2010-03-05, 04:42 PM
[Apartment Complex]
[Lower Floors]

And it's about this point that Shrike and Zamira come down the leaning stairway and emerge!

Probably behind Anshu.

Shrike clears her throat.

horngeek
2010-03-05, 07:20 PM
Zamira looks at the group. Hi.

Meidani smiles. Hello, Zamira. Hello, Shrike.

{{Also, Zamira currently has fur all over her body, silver claws, and her head looks a lot like a fox's. The resident 40K universe character may have issues with this. :smalltongue:}}

----

Salvation manages to get his arm whacked instead of his head!

He still goes flying, although that may have been deliberate. In fact, it looks like it was.

Because firstly, it reduces the force of the blow.

Secondly... his arm reconfigures to its Essence Cannon form, and he fires it at Flint. If it misses, it'll just hit the ground. Lot better than when it would have hit the crowd.

----

Caos blocks several blows of the flurry, but a couple still get through. He winces, but attempts to jump on the Immaculate.

Given his front just grew a lot of spikes, this should hurt her considerably more.

----

{{I forget. Does Meidani know Shrike Exalted?}}

{{Also, shortish deadtime}}

UncleWolf
2010-03-05, 07:28 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Basement]

Less the GM grumbling and more the ghouls. After a good several minutes of ghouls filing down the pit, all the while accompanied by the sounds of gunfire outside, the last of the undead slip away into the darkness. Looks like that's the end of this particular adventure.

Once the ghouls go past, the people upstairs may see a man covered in black powerarmor(damaged by acid) and smelling faintly of sewers, come up the steps from the basement. Edijar needed to make sure the survivors were being taken care of.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-05, 09:20 PM
[Streets]

So... They're all surrounded by auras of powerful elemental power? Too bad Dyna isn't here. She would toss a white-fire projectile into the middle of them and watch the fireworks. But sadly she isn't. Still recovering from their last encounter.

So Avatar will do something different.

He smites the ground with his staff, causing a patch of blackness and deep indigo to swirl into being behind torch. And then a rather unpleasant array of nightmare essence tendrils will come lashing out of the pit, aiming to twine around her and drag her away into the depths.

Caros blocks several blows of the flurry, but a couple still get through. He winces, but attempts to jump on the Immaculate.

Given his front just grew a lot of spikes, this should hurt her considerably more.

The tendrils begin to burn up as the wrap around one of Torch's ankles, tripping her just as she tries to dodge the Twilight's leap. This actually does help her avoid his attack, but she glares down at the tendrils and hacks at them with one of her blades.

Salvation manages to get his arm whacked instead of his head!

He still goes flying, although that may have been deliberate. In fact, it looks like it was.

Because firstly, it reduces the force of the blow.

Secondly... his arm reconfigures to its Essence Cannon form, and he fires it at Flint. If it misses, it'll just hit the ground. Lot better than when it would have hit the crowd.

As the blast of essence strikes her, Flint turns to dust... only to coalesce back to herself a moment later.

Tide dodges Kirana's essence blast. "Thorns is safe. Scatter and regroup!" he calls to the others, and takes off running.

Flint nods and slams her hammer into the ground, once again causing a shockwave to knock people to the ground in order to buy time for Torch.

[Apartment Complex]
[Lower Floors]

And it's about this point that Shrike and Zamira come down the leaning stairway and emerge!

Probably behind Anshu.

Shrike clears her throat.

Zamira looks at the group. Hi.

Meidani smiles. Hello, Zamira. Hello, Shrike.

{{Also, Zamira currently has fur all over her body, silver claws, and her head looks a lot like a fox's. The resident 40K universe character may have issues with this. :smalltongue:}}

Anshu turns. "Shrike, Zamira. If you've come to help deal with the ghouls, I believe you may be too late. They're busy fleeing. There are still survivors to find, however."

The Bushranger
2010-03-05, 09:26 PM
[Apartment Complex - Lower Floors]

"Actually, Anshu, we were looking for you - taking out a few ghouls was just a side benefit. It's good to see you again," Shrike nods, but...I think we need to talk."

horngeek
2010-03-05, 09:27 PM
[Streets]

Caros is knocked to the ground as Salvation lands after his short flight.

----

[Apartment Block]

There's a group of Immaculate Monks here. Probably from your universe, from they way they were familiar with your name, and they hold to the Immaculate doctrine I'm familiar with, it seems.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-05, 10:13 PM
[Lower Level]

"The Deceived. I'm surprised they'd follow me even here, though I suppose the opportunity to catch me without friendly monks or soldiers close by must have been too much to resist. I am the one behind all the reforms to the Immaculate Order they dislike, after all. How many of them are there?"

horngeek
2010-03-05, 10:14 PM
Five. Looks like there's one of each type of Dragon-Blood.

The Bushranger
2010-03-05, 10:25 PM
"Five, yes." Shrike nods. "They were...most unfriendly, I might add. Thankfully they were distracted so that we were able to slip out of the tavern without having to fight them."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-05, 10:27 PM
[Lower Levels]

"No mortal attendants? That's good. That means our propaganda pamphlets are working. Also less risk that one of them will suddenly Exalt as a Celestial and tip the fight in their favor before realizing what's happened." Anshu touches his chest, giving them a half smile.

horngeek
2010-03-05, 10:32 PM
In addition, we might have another ally in the fight.

A Sidereal.

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-05, 10:34 PM
[Apartment Complex]

[Lower Floors]

The young man seems a little nervous still, but he nods at Connie's request. "I... alright. Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I'm not feeling feverish but it's still worth checking."

The wound isn't terribly deep. More of a shallow gash. Must have pulled his limb free before the teeth clamped down.

Connie looks closer at the wound. "Could you turn? I don't want to spread the infection...."

The Bushranger
2010-03-05, 10:37 PM
[Apartment Complex - Lower Level]

"That would be of the bad, yes." Shrike sighs, then nods in agreement with Zamira. "She's right. We met a Sidereal, Radiant Harmony. She was...as friendly as a Sidereal can be, I suppose."

horngeek
2010-03-05, 10:42 PM
Connie looks closer at the wound. "Could you turn? I don't want to spread the infection...."

Also, Zamira is still in her war form.

Given her war form has fur all over, she has silver claws and her head looks like a fox's... well. Connie's reaction should be interesting.

She also has silver tattoos over her body.

Rebonack
2010-03-05, 10:52 PM
[Lower Floors]

"I... I don't think so..." the young man replies as he glances at the wound uncertainly. "Normally when someone gets infected they start feeling feverish pretty fast. My immune system is pretty good, I don't get sick all that often..."

Sounds like he managed to shrug off the ghoul fever! Hooray for successful Fort saves!

Meanwhile!

[Streets]

Avatar falls on his tush due to the quake!

Boo...

The tendrils, however...

They refuse to burn. Well, they smolder at least. They might burn eventually. But they aren't doing so any time soon. More of the nasty things come snaking out of the pit to snag Torch and drag her toward the darkness.

Several of the limbs get slashed pretty well, severing them from the rest of the nightmare mass. Though that isn't going to be stopping the other dozen or so...

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-05, 11:18 PM
[Lower Levels]

"I believe I've met Radiant Harmony briefly. A Chosen of Serenity, correct?"

[Streets]

Flint starts running in the opposite direction as Tide, while Torch grits her teeth and struggles against the tendrils, firing a blast of fire into the inky pool. "Let go of me!"

horngeek
2010-03-05, 11:37 PM
Well, she didn't say which caste she was, and I'm not that familiar with Sidereals...

but that's her name, yes.

Rebonack
2010-03-05, 11:44 PM
[Apartment Complex]

Already medics are beginning to file into the building to tend to the injured and take those that are in particularly bad shape to the hospital. Because Inside totally has one of those that isn't infested with zombies that may or may not be dead timed at the moment. Looks like the heroes have saved the day! hazzah!

Meanwhile!

Avatar is now picking himself back up to his feet, cold eyes focused on Torch. "Let you go? You want me to give you mercy? After you burned down that village? Is this some kind of joke?"

The fireball strikes the pool and... vanishes into the depths of the inky abyss. Those nearby might here a dull, muffled explosion in the far distance.

"You really think I'm going to do that? You deserve worse than a clean death."

And with that he begins to move off to see about pursing the other monks.

The tendrils, unless severed, will drag Torch into the pit. A pit that will then seal over on top of her. She'll be suspended a good fifty feet underground in a pool of pure nightmare essence.

Which will devour her in a most painful fashion.

DoomITP
2010-03-05, 11:51 PM
[EE]

Crissy is behind the counter.
Laying on the counter, head on arms.
And sound asleep
Awww....

Shrike leads the way out the door, wishing she had a gun, but settling for drawing her broken-off bastard sword and starting down the hall.

Then freezes, as she feels a blast of Essence being used in the building!

Connor attempts to wake her up by giving her a tiny peck on the top of her head.

The Bushranger
2010-03-05, 11:56 PM
[EE]

Crissy jumps!
Rubs her eyes.
Then smiles broadly at Connor. "Oh. Hi!"
And tries to hug hiim!

Artemis97
2010-03-06, 12:07 AM
[Fortress Sanctuary]

Jericus sighs before chuckling. "No, our job will never be done, but we'd at least have a nice long break. Just to ourselves. Besides we'd get bored if we didn't do the odd assignment. Even you have to admit we've had some fun."

"Hmm.... yes, I suppose we have." The assassin smiles a bit. "Maybe you're right. A few small jobs here and there wouldn't be so bad."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-06, 12:12 AM
[Lower Levels]

"Were her eyes blue?" Anshu asks.

[Streets]

Torch snarls. "Heretics!" she spat. She twists around and strikes the tendrils a mighty blow with her sword, severing them. As soon as she's released, she gets to her feet and starts running in a third direction.

((May I request that the monks be allowed to get away this time?))

horngeek
2010-03-06, 12:14 AM
...yes, they were. Light blue, in fact.

UncleWolf
2010-03-06, 12:18 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus smiles back. "We could always speak to him about it now if you wish. I'm sure he's around here somewhere and we do need to speak to him about what we're supposed to do here now." He ponders for a few moments. "After a while, of course. I do believe I'm rather comfortable right now."

DoomITP
2010-03-06, 12:27 AM
Connor shall be hugged.

Missed you!

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-06, 12:36 AM
[Lower Floors]
"Consider yourself blessed by the Omnisiah then. You better leave though. No man has that much luck." Connie would smile at the man if his face wasn't covered in a mask. However, when he looks up he spies Zamira. He suddenly pulls a large axe. However where the blades should be are rotating chainsaw blades. "DAEMON OF TZEENTCH! Everyone, get down!" He the charges Zamira.

Artemis97
2010-03-06, 12:36 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

Andromeda giggles. "So am I. Besides, you need to rest. There's a chance he'd just send us off to do something else, and you need to be ready for that."

horngeek
2010-03-06, 12:38 AM
Zamira dodges the blow, too distracted to hear him call her a demon.

Lucky him. Meidani is shocked, but recovers quickly, moving towards Connie. Stop!

UncleWolf
2010-03-06, 12:41 AM
[Fortress Sanctuary]

Jericus laughs a little and leans his head back onto the moss-padded armrest, suddenly realizing how tired he was. "Yeah, a little rest sounds good right now. Especially since I used all of that power. Remind me to never lose my wings again." He starts sounding rather drowsy and wraps a wing a little around himself to keep warm. His mental barriers stay up, just in case. "Thanks..."

The Bushranger
2010-03-06, 12:52 AM
[Lower Floors]

Shrike's Daiklave is out in an instant, and, instinctively, she swings it.

Her intent being to take Connie's head off! :smalleek:

---

[EE]

"Missed you too!" Crissy giggles, giving Connor a shy peck on the cheek. "Where have you, like, been lately?"

Artemis97
2010-03-06, 01:05 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

"Of course, Jericus." Andy responds with a smile. She reaches for a bit of the food that was left for them and settles in on her side of the bench, content to let her friend rest for now. She would rest, too, although while staying alert for possible threats.

UncleWolf
2010-03-06, 01:07 AM
[Sanctuary Fortress]

Jericus gives her a weak smile before closing his eyes and letting himself be carried off to sleep by his exhaustion, out of the physical world and into the realm of dreams, guarded by his mental wards.

((Deadtime))

DoomITP
2010-03-06, 01:21 AM
Running errands. Want to go see a movie?

He says, while he does a fancy trick with his brother's 14 milimeter hand gun. Grant teleports in, takes the gun from him and disappears again.

Connor shrugs.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-06, 01:22 AM
[Blue Zone]

A woman in a pink dress walks down the street. Heads turn to watch. The woman tosses her strawberry hair back, causing a man to walk into an oncoming bus. After dismissing the silver shield surrounding the man, she looks up at the sign above a fairly non-descript building, which proclaims, in fancy gold lettering, to be the Restaurant Enchante.
She checks her silver wristwatch, and walks in.

Inigo Montoya
2010-03-06, 01:26 AM
[Lower Floors]
Connie swings the chain axe around, and uses it to block the Daiklave's blow. "He's a shapeshifter, and a daemon! He must be killed!"

The Bushranger
2010-03-06, 01:35 AM
[EE]

"I'd love to!" Crissy gushes. "What's the movie?!"
She's utterly oblivious to the brotherly by-play as she goes to close up shop.

---

[Lower Floors]

CRASH!!!
Sparks fly!
"She is a human being and my lover, and if you don't stand down NOW I will kill YOU! Shrike roars -

- before using the Monkey Leap Technique to leap into the air, bouncing off the ceiling (and leaving a very nice crater in it...), her Reaper Daiklave aimed straight out - as she descends for Connie's head!

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-06, 01:35 AM
[Lower Levels]

((Zamira is a girl))

"She is one of the Lunar Exalted. Her powers were granted her by Luna. She is no more demon than I am."

DoomITP
2010-03-06, 01:40 AM
Well... I don't know... You can pick? I'll pay for the tickets and tasty SNACKS!!.

The Bushranger
2010-03-06, 01:57 AM
[EE]

"Sounds awesome!" Crissy giggles, and offers Connor her arm. "Lead the way?"

DoomITP
2010-03-06, 02:02 AM
Her arm is taken then? Connor shall lead them off to the movie! Only I have to deadtime now. Sorry! :smallfrown:

horngeek
2010-03-06, 02:03 AM
[Lower Levels]

Zamira snarls at Connie. I am a Chosen of Luna. I don't know what the hell this 'Tzeentch' is.

Meidani moves to block Shrike with one of her fans, Essence running along it. Before we try to resolve this, stop fighting.

Terumitsu
2010-03-06, 02:04 AM
[Streets]

The cyan cloaked traveler seemed to be lazily making his way to Trog's Tavern though it was apparent that it was more akin to sight-seeing than anything else. For someone who was acting like a new arrival in the City, he seemed to know his way around quite well as there was no evidence of a map anywhere on his person. He did eventually reach the famed Tavern but stopped as soon as the various fumes of alcohol struck his nose. To say it reeked was about accurate. Seemingly a bit let down, the traveler took a seat on a bench opposing the tavern and quietly listened to the riotous sounds of life from the warm glow inside.

Anyone who felt like bothering a complete stranger would not be turned away, though.

The Bushranger
2010-03-06, 02:04 AM
[Lower Level]

Shrike gets blocked! And spins around to still try to bring her blade to Connie's throat, at least, seething.

horngeek
2010-03-06, 02:08 AM
Meidani moves her other fan to block that blow as well.

I said stop, Shrike.

Je dit Viola
2010-03-06, 02:11 AM
Streets

The large reddish wolf with silvery markings climbs out of a shadow and shapeshifts back to woman. The woman has escaped. Well, retreated is the better word.

Dark brown hair, in her twenties, wearing a long dark red cape, a dark blue sash, dark violet pants, long brown boots and matching gloves, is what she looks like. Rather villainous, and intimidating.

No matter, though. She figures she's already stolen enough souls today; any more and she might come out from under the radar. No sense in risking drawing the attention of the gods again, unless there's a strong soul that she can steal. Then, she'll think about risking it.

Requiem walks down the streets, looking either malevolent or innocent. It's hard to tell which is which.

Darkcomet
2010-03-06, 02:11 AM
[Empty Lot]

A small craft (description here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8018455&postcount=107)) approaches Inside, slowing down to safe speeds to bypass the shield once having a comm discussion with an Imperial representative regarding said shield. It lands in an empty lot, extremely large-large enough to house something on the same scale as Haven or Sanctuary-for it once housed the former, the building adjacent to it now crumbling and decrepit. A man exits, the same one as described in the link, armor and all. Seems he'd rather be safe in this unknown environment, as he heads out into the city...

((And I'm off for tonight. He'll probably do something more when I'm awake again.))

Artemis97
2010-03-06, 02:19 AM
[Streets]

Raril all but storms out of Trog's Tavern, a stoney expression on his face.

The Bushranger
2010-03-06, 02:22 AM
[Lower Levels]

"He just tried to kill her!" Shrike growls, her caste mark glowing...

Oh no! Another demon! Purge the Xeno!! :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-03-06, 02:23 AM
[Streets]

And yet, the voice seems to follow. For now.
"I can help, you know?"

Terumitsu
2010-03-06, 02:24 AM
[Streets]

The cloaked man offered a small greeting to the Drow as he passed in the way that would best be described as one trying out something new and only just succeding in the exicution. The voice might be vaugely familiar but perhaps not. It had been quite a very long time.

It seemed as if he was trying to at least gather a moment's notice, though.

horngeek
2010-03-06, 02:28 AM
Out of ignorance.

The better course in this case is to inform him as to exactly how he is mistaken.

Artemis97
2010-03-06, 02:40 AM
[Streets]

"I don't need help." Raril growls at the voice. "Certainly not from something I can't see."

The cloaked man's greeting catches the drow's attention as he passes. He pauses, his expression softening to mild confusion. "Hello?"

Rebonack
2010-03-06, 02:45 AM
[Streets]

Suddenly!

Dyna just came bolting out of Trog's, glancing around frantically for none other than, "Raril!" she hollers at the top of her lungs, running off in a random direction down the streets. More than a few people are giving her odd looks.

"Raril, I'm sorry! Where did you go!"

Running.

Running as fast as her legs can carry her.

If what they told her was true... Would he even want to speak to her again?

Reinholdt
2010-03-06, 02:46 AM
[Streets]

"Huh. Not even if it could possibly bring Zee back to you? Very well. I apologize for wasting your time. Hope things get better for you and all that."
The voice falls silent.

Terumitsu
2010-03-06, 02:51 AM
[Streets]

"I see that you have apparently taken up talking to yourself, Raril." said the possibly familiar voice. "Is it that perhaps something is troubling you? Or perhaps simply a mild case of demonic influence that seems to be so terribly common as of late?" asked the traveler, hood still staunchly up as if the wearer of the cloak was ashamed of something. He put a hand down on the bench as if offering the extra space. It was Raril's choice weather to join this person or not but something in his voice seemed to be asking for some company right now.

If Dyna were to notice them, which would be hard not to as they were only across the street, she would also likely notice a... Scent, for lack of better discription, that seemed vaugely similar to that of the Other's... Though it wasn't nearly as unpleasant. Of course, that the person also had a firm foot into the Dream as well as being apparently connected to seven spiked rings that were currently orbiting both the cloaked traveler and Raril just behind the Lucid Veil might be cause for investigation. Those spiky things did not look friendly in the least.

Artemis97
2010-03-06, 03:04 AM
[Streets]

Raril turns, thinking he's heard his name being called, but no one was there that he could see. The voice is ignored, particularly with the traveler's mention of demonic influences. No. No shady dealings would bring Zee back.

With a heavy sigh he takes the offered seat on the bench. The drow leans back to stare up at the night sky. What was troubling him? Where to begin...

"My wife is dead."

Terumitsu
2010-03-06, 03:16 AM
[Streets]

The hooded traveler was silent for a moment upon hearing Raril's words. It was not the quiet of one pausing for words nor that of one pausing to formulate condolences. It was the silence of one who had no earthy idea on what to say. "I..." he began, but faltered.

"Would it terribly pain you if I inquired further?" the traveler asked with a hint of uncertanty to his tone. "And... I suppose I might be able to interest you in a small something to drink?"

Rebonack
2010-03-06, 03:16 AM
[Streets]

Oh.

Oh yeah, that's great.

It's Teru. That's either incredibly bad or sort of nice, depending on the strange being's mood at the moment. He might offer Raril tea or eat his soul depending on his fancy. Dyna is really hoping that it's tea time.

Weirdness aside she sprints toward the bench where the two are sitting. Chances are she's going to fall to her knees in front of Raril and babble at him rapidly.

"Raril!" Dyna calls out moments before trying to stop rather abruptly on the slick wet grass near the bench and falling flat on her back. She quickly scrambles up and, "I'msosorryIdidn'tmeantohurtyouI'msostupidwhydidIev ersaythtatitwaswrongandmeanandterriblecanyoueverfo rgiveme?"

See?

Told you.

She takes a rather deep gasping breath and tries it again.

"I didn't see it. It was wrong of me to throw my burden on you like that. I haven't stopped loving you, Raril. I really haven't! I didn't mean yo hurt you. Please forgive me? I don't know what to do now... I can't break my oath to the Order. I..." she looks up at the drow with watery, pleading eyes. "I don't know what to do..."

Artemis97
2010-03-06, 03:32 AM
[Streets]

The mention of a drink caught Raril's attention. He shifted his gaze to the man sitting next to him. The voice, he remembered, and also recalled sharing a drink in the past. The drow was about to agree when Dyna arrived.

The speed and suddeness of her admissions confused, hurt and scared him, although his expression became a mask of neutrality. Why couldn't she just leave him be, if only for a moment? Couldn't she allow him to mourn in peace? Perhaps she hadn't meant to hurt him, but he didn't believe she loved him. Not as Zee had.

Ever since she entered his life, it had been more of a rollercoaster of heartbreak and pain than ever before. He could not think of anything in over a century of life that compared to how she had jerked around his emotions.

"Do whatever you want." The drow eventually replies with a cold edge to his voice.

Rebonack
2010-03-06, 03:45 AM
[Streets]

Dyna honestly isn't sure what she was expecting. For Raril to simply set aside what she had done and embrace her like he did before? To forgive her for her thoughtlessness? To sweep her off her feet and help her to come to terms with this new existence she had been thrust into?

Something.

Anything.

But that cold voice?

Cuts deeper than anything she could have imagined.

All those times he had wronged her. And what had she done without second thought? Forgiven. She makes one mistake, one horrible error and what is she offered?

Do whatever you want.

Now it's Dyna's turn to have an expression contorted with pain and confusion.

She slowly rises back to her feet and opens her mouth to speak.

But she finds there aren't any words. Nothing. Empty. Barren.

Where she had expected joy she finds instead grief and pain. And so she turns and trudges away, tears streaming down her face. Maybe she really is dead.

It certainly feels that way.

Artemis97
2010-03-06, 03:58 AM
[Streets]

Raril watches her walk away and knows instantly he was wrong. He should have thought before he spoke. He should have listened more carefully. Forgave, as she had always forgiven him.

Instead he'd hurt her, perhaps as much as she'd hurt him. An eye for an eye, was the saying. Gods, how foolish that was.

Raril pushes himself up from the bench and swiftly moves to catch up with Dyna and pull her into a hug.

"I'm sorry." He says immediately. "That was not right of me. You came to me, begging fogiveness. I have no right to deny you that. I'm sorry. Gods, Dyna, you've hurt me more than anyone ever has. Forgivness does not come easy to me, but I will offer it to you." The drow tells her, hesistantly, reluctantly, but willingly. "Please accept it."

Rebonack
2010-03-06, 10:22 AM
Dyna is sneak-attack hugged from behind!

Manages to get a rather startled "Eep!" out of her. She was already lost in her own thoughts as she was walking away. Didn't at all expect Raril to be coming around this quickly. But she's by no means disappointed. The reaches up to take his arm as it's wrapped around her and mutters a rather small, "Thank you..."

Turns now, eyes fixed. Studying. Wondering... Is she going to say something stupid and and ruin it all again? Certainly hopes not. Oh for wisdom... She finally does what she should have done in the first place, beseeches The Divine for some small measure of wisdom. She's walking the edge of a knife right now. She certainly needs it.

"What I said to you was selfish and cruel... I... I should have considered what it would be like for you..." she wrinkles up her nose as a mess of thoughts are slowly coalescing, gaining clarity. "I've got two lifetimes and two personalities busy melding right now... Please forgive me if I seem scattered or thoughtless. I've still got thoughts! They're just... all over the place. Like fireflies... And I have to chase them all down..."

She trails off at this point, not really sure where she was going with that metaphor. So Dyna settles on shaking her head.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you... That's the last thing I want. I haven't stopped loving you Raril. There's nothing further from the truth. It's been what...? Maybe a week for you? For me it's been ages. I thought you were gone. A dream and a figment. A wonderful memory. I looked for the place I had dreamed about... remembered... The Divine knows I looked with all my heart. But I couldn't find you..." Dyna bites her lip, conflicting emotions welling up inside her again. Her Far nature doesn't know what to do with them. Her human nature is scrambling to set everything in order. "I thought I had lost you too. I... I moved on... Dedicated myself to service. But now you're here and real and I don't know... I don't know where to go from here..."

For a few moments she just gazes longingly at the drow before finally burring her face on his shoulder and weeping, choking out through sobs, "I can't lose you again..."

Despite the rather touching scene a filthy hobo with a sandwich board ambles past yelling, "Repent! Repent the new thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8021113#post8021113)is near! Repeeeeent!"