PDA

View Full Version : Is this too much???

Os1ris09
2010-02-18, 12:08 AM
Hey GITP its me again. I was wondering what you guys thought of this build as far as optimization and if its to much. I will include feats/Race/Classes but no skills or items. I would like advice for items AND skills other than those needed to qualify for PrC's. Thanks guys

Illumian(CG)
sigils:
Krau(+1/ sigil to Caster lvl)
Naen(+1/ sigil to Int skills and Int checks

Domains: Planning,Travel

Warlock 1/ Cleric 4/ Eldritch Disciple 8/ Bone Knight 10/ Cleric 7(11)

Warlock powers( 3 least, 2 lesser, 5d6 EB)
least:
Eldritch Glaive .........5d6 Melee touch attacks
Beguiling Influence....+6 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate
All Seeing Eyes.........+6 Search, Spot, and Continuous Comprehend Languages

Lesser:
Flee the Scene ........ Dimension Door and Invisible
Fell Flight................ 24 hour Flight

Eldritch Disciple:
Gift of the Divine: Healing Blast...heal @ range with EB
Gift of the Divine: Protective Aura .. Magic Circle
Gift of the Divine: Wild Frenzy .... +2 Attack and Damage with Weapons or EB

Feats:
BD: Extend Spell
1: Enhanced Sigil Power
3: Extra Turning
6: Persist Spell
9: DMM Persist
12: The feat that let's you use one armor catagory above norm so that you don't get ASF chance
15:Summon Elemental (reserve)
18 and up are open for suggestions

Wings of Peace
2010-02-18, 12:23 AM
Too much compared to...?

Os1ris09
2010-02-18, 12:45 AM
A standard build. I proposed a build before mixing Divine Oracle, Church Inquisitor, Prestige Paladin, Comtemplative, and various other PrC's and I found a mix that I like but wanted to know if it was too much to handle for one character/player.

Wings of Peace
2010-02-18, 01:05 AM
It'll do fine I'd guess in a regular game. It's hard to tell you if it is good or not because I don't know what sorts of things you want it to be able to fight. If it's a higher powered campaign I'd be telling you to trade cleric for Ur-Priest and work in some level in Hellfire Warlock for example.

Os1ris09
2010-02-18, 01:14 AM
LOL I should have stated that. I want it to be able to keep up to pace with epic spellcasting when we go beyond 20th lvl BUT I do not want to be completely overshadowing my other friends with this class. I want to be able to wear medium if not heavy armor while still casting invocations AND full caster lvl with cleric while maintaining the ability to get to 9th lvl spells.

Wings of Peace
2010-02-18, 01:20 AM
It can be done. What books do you have available?

Os1ris09
2010-02-18, 01:43 AM
All Complete books, No ToB, All race books except Races of Faerun. No campaign specific books except 5 nations because I just purchases it. Otherwise all fair including srd and crystalkeep AND Wotc website.

Wings of Peace
2010-02-18, 02:24 AM
Warlock10/Ur-Priest 2/Eldritch Disciple 8 would probably be your most elegant choice over all. You come out Invoking as an 18th level Warlock and a 20th level cleric. This also means you can get epic spells and craft your own epic spells enabling you to keep pace with your friend instead of looking for a roundabout. Once you hit epic especially with DMM persist all you're really going to care about is your spells as they'll have a more tangible effect than any minor feat bonus.

Os1ris09
2010-02-18, 09:53 AM
Warlock10/Ur-Priest 2/Eldritch Disciple 8 would probably be your most elegant choice over all. You come out Invoking as an 18th level Warlock and a 20th level cleric. This also means you can get epic spells and craft your own epic spells enabling you to keep pace with your friend instead of looking for a roundabout. Once you hit epic especially with DMM persist all you're really going to care about is your spells as they'll have a more tangible effect than any minor feat bonus.

Ok so I have to be evil and basically I loose the ability to turn undead and DMM is out the window??

Starbuck_II
2010-02-18, 10:20 AM
Ok so I have to be evil and basically I loose the ability to turn undead and DMM is out the window??

Ur Priest have Rebuke undead: qualifies for all turn undead feats like Divine Metamagic Magic.

Os1ris09
2010-02-18, 12:52 PM
So basically I will go in a level 30 campaign like so.

Warlock 10/ Ur-Priest 2/ Eldritch Disciple 18

also what would the feat selection look like?

Would this work?

Feats:
6: Iron Will
9: Spell Focus [evil]
12: The feat that let's you use one armor catagory above norm so that you don't get ASF chance
15: Persist Spell
18: DMM Persist Spell

KillianHawkeye
2010-02-18, 04:28 PM
Don't forget you still get feats after level 18.

Os1ris09
2010-02-18, 06:39 PM
Don't forget you still get feats after level 18.

I forgot to put this question in too. :smallbiggrin:

What feats do you suggest when I reach epic LVL with the build as follows:

Illumian(CG)
sigils:
Krau(+1/ sigil to Caster lvl)
Naen(+1/ sigil to Int skills and Int checks

Warlock 10/ Ur-Priest 2/ Eldritch Disciple 18

Warlock powers( 3 least, 2 lesser, 5d6 EB)
least:
Eldritch Glaive .........5d6 Melee touch attacks
Beguiling Influence....+6 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate
All Seeing Eyes.........+6 Search, Spot, and Continuous Comprehend Languages

Lesser:
Flee the Scene ........ Dimension Door and Invisible
Fell Flight................ 24 hour Flight

Eldritch Disciple:
Gift of the Divine: Healing Blast...heal @ range with EB
Gift of the Divine: Protective Aura .. Magic Circle
Gift of the Divine: Wild Frenzy .... +2 Attack and Damage with Weapons or EB

Feats:
6: Iron Will
9: Spell Focus [evil]
15: Persist Spell
18: DMM Persist Spell

ALSO what invocations would you guys recommend (please list where they are too) and what Eldritch Disciple Abilities would you also recommend. Should I go beyond Eldritch Disciple 10 or just go to 10 then drop out into some other PrC?