PDA

View Full Version : Character Titles!!!

agumathebear
2010-02-18, 12:50 AM
i got this idea from fable 2, obviously...anyway, i need like, 50 names for each character -
we have a human rogue/soldier type who's an agent of the crown (so basically he's a spy) named leon (who has lions on everything, sword hilt's, his eyepatch, etc.)

we have a half-fox girl druid/beastmaster (kinda looks like a catgirl, except fox...) (and im my campaign woodling creatures like elkfolk, satyr, foxlings, etc. exsist and are much like native americans, even their land has been stolen...lol) she has a pet dire snapping turtle, bear and wolf. she's named madrina moonblood.

a cleric who is quite "holy" lol, actually he's pretty much only using his religious title to get stuff for himself, but he's really nice and charismatic, just a treasure seeker (1/4 drow 1/4 high elf 2/4 human) he may be multiclassing as a bard soon. named ian.

a bear-folk paladin who's also a blacksmith named...no one really knows...we just call him bear...

an assassin who pretends to be a bard in the day, he's very high up in the assassin's guild and very well known in the underground community (half elf)
named (no one knows...)

an elf sorcerer who wields a double barrel shotgun that shoots magic bullets (he's also an obsessive tinkerer and engineer, constatnly building steampunk stuff) named thane.

a sorcerer who's like 1/8th dragon who's very very violent (in this history he hung 4 villagers who were thought to be rebels, including a like 20 year old girl and an 18 year old boy and stripping an old man naked in front of his village as punishment and found out he was innocent...) his name is drakk fireborn

a seer/shaman/monk named munashe, an easternling, he's an armand, but more specifically, a pangolin armand. he has a very elaborate shaman mask that allows him to see spirits and call spirits forth into the material realm. he was the seer for the bearfolk king for many years.

...oh, that and a unicorn that follows madrina around and is her mount........(most epic roll in history lol...we never thought it'd happen)

agumathebear
2010-02-18, 01:02 AM
oh, btw my display pic is leon...my character.

sanji77
2010-02-18, 01:07 AM
agumas my dm, and i actually play as drakk and the assassin. im just gunna add some more details.

assassin= name is Baelaveldre Dwin'mitore. His last name means Walker in the moon (i got it from a complicated elf name generator). Anyways, everytime he kills someone, he carves a crescent moon onto their body, and he duel wields two crescent knives. So ya, he is very moon-themed.

and as for drakk, hes pretty much how aguma described him

absolmorph
2010-02-18, 01:20 AM
Some ideas:
Leon: Lionheart (duh)

Madrina: Lady of the Unicorn, Forestwalker

Ian: Holy One

Bear: Bear Lord, Bringer of Light

Baelaveldre: Nameless One, Moon Killer

Drakk: Slayer of Many (from exaggerated tales of hanging the 4 people), Law-bringer

Munashe: Spirit Seeker

Basically, consider what is a big part of how the world would see the character, and use that to make a title. For example, the bear-folk paladin is likely seen as being greater than other bears (since he's a humanoid bear, I'm guessing), so he's the Bear Lord. And, since he's a paladin, he brings Good (also called Light) to the world. So, he's the Bringer of Light.
Since Baelaveldre's name isn't known, he's the Nameless One: nobody knows his name, and it makes him memorable. Since he carves a crescent moon into his assassination victims, he's the Moon Killer.
Leon is lion-themed, so tales will be told of how he has the heart of a lion (courage), so he's Lionheart. And, yes, I did take that from my history classes.

Thomo
2010-02-18, 01:39 AM
Leon:

Lion Lover, Golden Mane, Kitty Kicker, Kitty Chaser, Golden Claws, Proud Mane...

sanji77
2010-02-18, 01:57 AM
I love moon killer

bosssmiley
2010-02-18, 09:17 AM
@OP: Do you mean level titles, epithets, nicknames, or given names? :smallconfused:

agumathebear
2010-02-18, 10:24 AM
just nicknames lol, like leon the so and so, or drakk the so and so, etc.

like leon the lionheart or something. basically it's so that when they go to town little children and such will run up to them and scream out "look everyone, it's leon the lionheart!" (of course i want a random generator, i'll also be working on this on my own lol)

John
2010-02-18, 02:04 PM
I have a Lawful Stupid paladin that happily fits my need to be the center of attention constantly.

All my male fighters come down from the same lineage, and all the titles stack. so that in this iteration, the title got a little lengthy.

The DM decided that the title must have 2 criteria:

1. It had to be read aloud whenever people met the character for the first time, or when asked for it.
2. All portions of the title must come from actual events in-game, and not backstory.

As of last Sunday, the title is as follows:

Sir Thodar Thaddeus Thinder the Fourth, He Who Rides Into Battle Upon the Back of the Mighty Steed Steve, He Who Invests in the Common Man, The Paladin With Negotiation Skills Unmatched, He Who Defeats Great Evil Despite Having Evilly-Enchanted Footwear, He Who Titles The Knight Lars, Protector of Pommeville, He Who Defeats The Evil Floor, Benefactor of Jongleur and Satyr Alike, Mover of the Stronghold of Fire In The Name Of Torm,

He Who Has Peeps, Brave Inspiration to the Town of Pommeville, He who turns the Undead as if they were gnats, Defeater of Many Not-So-Deceased at the Battle of Church’s Door, Protector of Churches, Comforter and Healer to the Downtrodden, Destroyer of Evil Blights Upon Townsfolk, Layer of Waste in Single Slices, Cutter of Undead Flesh, Surveyor of Ruins,
He Who, True to his word and vow, Defeated N’Drezzar, He Who Cleaves the Minions of N’Drezzar in twain, He who overcame defeat by word of lich, He who destroys the undead with but a word, He who continually defeats the armies of the recently-not-so-deceased with ease, and often against greater odds,

Protector of Graveyards and the Properly Buried, He Who Does Not Trust The Matters of Sorcery And Death, Appointer of Titles, He Who Gives Strength to Lars, Town Defender, Source of Personal Inspiration to Many yet Unnamed,
Loyal Paladin Of the Cause, Cleanser of Most Vile Taverns Through The Purifying Fires of Good and Justice, Giver of Aide to Those Less Fortunate, He Who Aids the Elderly, The Polisher of Floors, Defeater of Brigands and Doors, Inventor of Shovel-Chucks and Hoe-Zookas, Rescuer of Fallen Comrades, The Party Paladin of Sigil, Defeater of the Bony Dead, He that Skeletons Cringe in the Presence of before being crushed under the weight of massive Justice, He who foils his captors by screaming like a harried woman, He that Defeats Flaming Foes, He that is often ensorcelled but stands proud,

Son of Lord Thodar Thaddeus Thinder the Third, Lord of City of Old Bones, Ruler of All He Surveys and All He Surveys He Claims, Consul to the Chief of Elves in the Northeast Boho Swordsharp, Human Contact of the Mighty Ninja Twong, Duke of the Faith of O Kuni Nushi, Son of Thodar Thaddeus Thinder The Second, renowned swordsman of the Frigate 'Theodore', Corsair Without Peer, Son of Thodar Thaddeus Thinder the First, the Great Pioneer of Greyhawk, Lecturer On The Short Sword And Tactics of War, Architect of the Battle of Short Bushes, He Who Killed Demonic Cattle.

It's probably not what the DM intended when I asked if I could have a title, but now it's a mainstay.

agumathebear
2010-02-18, 02:21 PM
@ john; wow lmao! nah, i thought up a few titles for them, like for instance leon the silver lion, or leon the lionheart, etc. and madrina the beautiful or madrina the guardian of the vale. the names are just based on common knowledge about the character, stuff they've done, etc.

sanji77
2010-02-18, 08:13 PM
wow! awesome title john! lol and draw bael, aguma!!! :smallfurious: lmao

agumathebear
2010-02-18, 08:55 PM
no, i refuse! I may get to it later, got a 5 page philosophy essay and a history report due soon, so sod off.

Apropos
2010-02-18, 10:43 PM
Sir Thodar Thaddeus Thinder the Fourth, He Who Rides Into Battle Upon the Back of the Mighty Steed Steve, He Who Invests in the Common Man, The Paladin With Negotiation Skills Unmatched, He Who Defeats Great Evil Despite Having Evilly-Enchanted Footwear, He Who Titles The Knight Lars, Protector of Pommeville, He Who Defeats The Evil Floor, Benefactor of Jongleur and Satyr Alike, Mover of the Stronghold of Fire In The Name Of Torm,

He Who Has Peeps, Brave Inspiration to the Town of Pommeville, He who turns the Undead as if they were gnats, Defeater of Many Not-So-Deceased at the Battle of Church’s Door, Protector of Churches, Comforter and Healer to the Downtrodden, Destroyer of Evil Blights Upon Townsfolk, Layer of Waste in Single Slices, Cutter of Undead Flesh, Surveyor of Ruins,
He Who, True to his word and vow, Defeated N’Drezzar, He Who Cleaves the Minions of N’Drezzar in twain, He who overcame defeat by word of lich, He who destroys the undead with but a word, He who continually defeats the armies of the recently-not-so-deceased with ease, and often against greater odds,

Protector of Graveyards and the Properly Buried, He Who Does Not Trust The Matters of Sorcery And Death, Appointer of Titles, He Who Gives Strength to Lars, Town Defender, Source of Personal Inspiration to Many yet Unnamed,
Loyal Paladin Of the Cause, Cleanser of Most Vile Taverns Through The Purifying Fires of Good and Justice, Giver of Aide to Those Less Fortunate, He Who Aids the Elderly, The Polisher of Floors, Defeater of Brigands and Doors, Inventor of Shovel-Chucks and Hoe-Zookas, Rescuer of Fallen Comrades, The Party Paladin of Sigil, Defeater of the Bony Dead, He that Skeletons Cringe in the Presence of before being crushed under the weight of massive Justice, He who foils his captors by screaming like a harried woman, He that Defeats Flaming Foes, He that is often ensorcelled but stands proud,

Son of Lord Thodar Thaddeus Thinder the Third, Lord of City of Old Bones, Ruler of All He Surveys and All He Surveys He Claims, Consul to the Chief of Elves in the Northeast Boho Swordsharp, Human Contact of the Mighty Ninja Twong, Duke of the Faith of O Kuni Nushi, Son of Thodar Thaddeus Thinder The Second, renowned swordsman of the Frigate 'Theodore', Corsair Without Peer, Son of Thodar Thaddeus Thinder the First, the Great Pioneer of Greyhawk, Lecturer On The Short Sword And Tactics of War, Architect of the Battle of Short Bushes, He Who Killed Demonic Cattle.

Best. Title. Evar.

sanji77
2010-02-18, 11:49 PM
ur such a bully. :smallmad: