PDA

View Full Version : Van Jhal Journeys IC

alchemyprime
2010-02-18, 01:08 AM
It was a grand festival for the last week, and everyone was happy in Van Kreev, or at least a little more than usual.

However, crime never stops, and even the Stagehands had their hands full.

The Director, a neat changeling man by the name of Allbright Duskblade, looked around. In the corner, a man dressed as a diviner, with the standard felt hat and duster coat and a featureless black mask stood in the corner.

"Hrrm... Got a plan. Found six people. They can help. Handle the problems you have and I can get back to body theives. Someone's picking off Theater members. Taking body parts like a poacher in silent zones. Leaving bodies in polluted waters. Got Black Tonbo to cast a fate charm. Doors should lead them to us.

Still, need to find what's going on and why more goblin slaves are turning up dead too. Maybe related. Maybe not. Either way, must be stopped."

Allbright nodded at the words of the Man of Shadows.

"Shade, you know I trust you, but... Ah! Who are you?" A flash of light and Allbright is on the ground. Shade pulls his crossbow and shoots toward the far wall-
And the image dissappears from the smoke coming from the small clockwork beetle.

The dwarf, a stout warrior named Rockroll Biggenriggen, or Rocky for short, grunted. "Yep. Allbright and Shade were working on this case. Brought it to me. Shade ended up in the 'ospital. Lady Amanda took care o' 'im. 'E's still recoverin', and 'e said to find a group to 'elp with de problemma. So, I gotta ask, what makes you answer my fliers and come to the Central Stage. What makes ye so sure ye can 'andle a problem that's giving the Theater and Shade so much trouble?

Besides the coins, o' course."

I will be chaning colors and fonts a lot. Just use what you will for your characters.

Mando Knight
2010-02-18, 12:15 PM
"Honestly, Rocky, Allbright might be a shapeshifter, but he still didn't have a pair of noblewomen on his team that night. Is it really your place to dismiss someone who got her degree in Elemental Arcana under the tutelage of the Vice Minister herself?"

alchemyprime
2010-02-18, 04:14 PM
Rocky grunts. It may have been a laugh or a skoff, you can't tell.

"Fair enough. Sure know if it weren't for the mages, I'd have been cooked a few times. Even been considerin' learnin' me a talent er two from a swordmage. Still, it troubles me it took out Shade. The man once took down a whole gang o' pires in one go, with nothing to show for it but a sore fist. 'E's a legend, that one.

But, a few noble women, as well as a few big tough guys, sure seem like you may be able to find out this 'ole dead gobbo business. "

GreenMuffin
2010-02-18, 09:30 PM
Glim looks up. His red eyes shine out from pale skin. He wears a black cloak with a eye inside a red diamond on the back. His red scale armour stands out from his dark cloak. his hood it up, but out of the corner you can see his pointed ears, along with the ruby hilt of his sword

My business is my own, not yours. Your business is giving me my pay at the end. Believe me, I can handle this. In fact, a couple coins up front would do nicely.

Intimidate: [roll0]

nepphi
2010-02-18, 10:15 PM
"Gnolls are hunters. This is a hunt."

The big gnoll said it plainly. He was tall, even for his own species, edging above the usual upper limit for such savage creatures. He was clad in scavenged hide armour and seemed more than capable of using the polearm that hung from one hand.

Toric
2010-02-19, 12:21 AM
"Hmm, a good group, a strong group, wertle." a gnome in orange with green hair muses, his hands resting on a table and the rest of him standing atop a chair. "One of varied faces. From feral gnoll to noble soul we cover many bases. From what I gather of the lot, I say I've worked with worse. We'll surely wertle solve this case..." The gnome pauses with a playful grin. "... if we don't kill each other first."

TheFluffyDuck
2010-02-19, 05:57 AM
Aud remains quiet for a while, listening to the replies. She is decently sure that she's going to want to bash in someone's head by the end of this little adventure, more than likely the rhyming gnome's, but that will wait for an actual moment of bashing. Once voices settle, she steps forward, lowering the hood of the dark brown cloak she is wearing. "I hear that there are... parts missing from the bodies, or so my sources tell me. That is most unnatural. Someone, or something, has something decidedly wrong planned for all of these parts. I'd like to put those things back to the natural balance."

nepphi
2010-02-19, 12:37 PM
"Parts go missing all the time."

The gnoll didn't seem particularly bothered by the notion. He lifted up a small cord from his waist, which dangled with small finger-sized bones.

"Enemies. Old friends."

TheFluffyDuck
2010-02-20, 02:33 AM
Aud turns to the gnoll, glancing at the fingerbones. "Small tokens are one thing," she says calmly. "But these are larger parts, leading me to think that someone is trying to piece together something with those parts. Either way, the deaths are unnatural and against the rightful way of the patterns of life. I intend to restore that pattern."

alchemyprime
2010-02-22, 11:32 AM
Rocky grunts. "Yep. So 'ere's what I need ye to do. Find out why these gobbos are missin' pieces and who's killin' em. Shade will have his hands full figurin' out who's killin' me brudders in arms. And while yer out and about, maybe go figurin' out if there's a way to be stoppin' it to."

At that point, some guy with a halberd walks past and chuckles. "Rocky, you're laying it on a little thick, eh?" Rocky grunts as the man keeps on walking.

"I 'ave no idea 'oo that is... But 'e keeps showing up everywhere... Anyway, can ye all do this? Lemme know so I know who it is I gotta pay. I got a scribe to write you all here." At that a little gnome walks out holding a clipboard and a small pouch. His glasses make his eyes look bigger than his head.

Mando Knight
2010-02-22, 06:23 PM
The tiefling noble turns to the gnome. "I am Morrigan Aryth, first daughter of Lady Aryth." She turns back to Rocky with a confident smile. "I assure you that we are quite capable of completing this job."
*I had just realized that I'd forgotten to give Morrigan a family name beforehand...*

GreenMuffin
2010-02-22, 07:17 PM
I am Glim Hirnik, and like I said, mountain midget, I am demanding pay up front.

See: post #4

TheFluffyDuck
2010-02-23, 06:00 PM
Aud sighs a little to herself. Noble though she is, she doesn't care much for other nobles. Tended to be too full of themselves in her opinion. "Aud Bladdwhyz, of the temple of Ki on the outskirts of town." Ki didn't care much for her temples being very far inside of cities. "I imagine that you'll be giving us your leads soon enough? I don't really care much for this waiting."

Toric
2010-02-23, 06:52 PM
The gnome hops down off his chair and dips into a low (that is, for him, average) bow. "Madran Chipperwill, called Mad by my friends. So you're looking for the goblin maiming to end? Well never you fear, we'll take it from here. But the dwarf's right, we could use any advice you might lend."

nepphi
2010-02-25, 12:52 PM
"Pay's good, Holdn will do the job."

There didn't seem to be much more to what he had to say. He seemed to be watching and noting the people he'd be working with, more than bothering with his employer.

alchemyprime
2010-02-26, 12:39 PM
Rocky grunts. "Right then. Alright. So, Mr. Pay-Up-Front, I was given express instructions to equip ye before ye leave. Now, ye are all under bindin' contract. What that means is, if ye abandon de job, bad stuff 'appens. This is a city run by mages, after all. Ye gotta expect contingency plans.

"Now then.. let's see. I was given 6 packages to give out. Mr. Hirnik, you get #1. Holdn, you got #2. Lady Morrigan, #3, Lady Aud, #4 and Mr. Mad, #5. We'll be holding #6, as... well, we only got 5 folks here today. Still, the packages were made with you folks in mind... Wait a minute..." Rocky looks around. Suddenly, some guy with a halberd runs up and puts down 5 boxes on the table.

"Sorry sir! We were preparing them with the judge!" Rocky nods and waves the man off.

Rocky presents you each with a box.

BOX #1

Inside the box, you find a glowing blue longsword, a cape and a bar of gold with a symbol of a bell on it.

The note says "1 sword, made defensively, 1 cloak, good for protection, and 50 goldbar."

BOX #2

Inside the box you find a gem on the end of a tassel, looking slightly like a charm. Inside the gem is a shadow that looks like a glaive. You also find 30 coins and five lead marbles.

The note within says "1 enhancing gem, 30 gold and 50 Instant Boulders."

BOX #3

You find a pair of bracers with the golden symbol of Lord Darkbriar on them. However, these seem to be arcanely enhanced, not divinely. Inside is also 30 gold.

"1 set of bracers, made to make things go boom, and 30 gold."

BOX #4

You find a glowing golden circlet within your box, as well as 10 gold.

"1 circlet, made to make light shine brighter, and 10 gold."

BOX #5

Inside your box is a bottle with a picture of a cloud on it, a jar with a cloud, and two bottles with skulls on them.

"1 bottle of air, 1 jar of steam and two gravespawn potions just in case."

Toric
2010-02-26, 04:13 PM
Madran accepts his package with a nod and peeks inside. He grins excitedly when he sees the contents. "Oh, how I love the Van Kreev way. Send the soldiers off after you pay. It's the prudent thing if you don't expect them to fail, many heroes have fallen for want want of a nail." He pulls out three bottles, two of which are filled with murky grey substance, and what is essentially a jar with a cloud in it. "Or in this case, for want of a jar." the gnome remarks as he carefully places the items in his pack.

Mando Knight
2010-02-26, 06:58 PM
Morrigan pockets her change and lifts up the bracers thoughtfully. "Made to make things go boom, eh? I wonder what Darkbriar put on these..." (Obviously, trying to figure out what, exactly, the enchantment is)

GreenMuffin
2010-02-26, 09:48 PM
Glim looks down into the package, blinks, and stows it. He leans back and thinks for a little bit.

alchemyprime
2010-02-27, 02:09 AM
Madran accepts his package with a nod and peeks inside. He grins excitedly when he sees the contents. "Oh, how I love the Van Kreev way. Send the soldiers off after you pay. It's the prudent thing if you don't expect them to fail, many heroes have fallen for want want of a nail." He pulls out three bottles, two of which are filled with murky grey substance, and what is essentially a jar with a cloud in it. "Or in this case, for want of a jar." the gnome remarks as he carefully places the items in his pack.

Rocky snaps. "'Ey, remember. You're all under contract. And besides, the way the Theater works is this: prepare with 20%, pay with 80%. Expect goods and gold 4 times this when you find out what's killin' the slaves around 'ere."

A small dragonfly construct lands. It wouldn't be odd as a messenger bug, except this one is all black, even the eyes. It whispers in Rocky's ear and his eyes go wide.

"A new one popped up. Three dead slaves. And not all of them were gobbos this time. We also have a Patchwork. And..." he looks to Holdn, "we got a gnoll found dead too. It's over in the Merchant district, near the Six Gods Inn. I'd say if you're lookin' fer clues, this would be where to start. When you're done there, come back to the Black Theater in the Opal District. We got some bodies for ye to investigate."

nepphi
2010-02-27, 09:08 AM
If the big warrior was in the least bit fazed at hearing another gnoll had died, he gave no sign. He just picked out the supplies he'd been given and pocketed them for the time being.

"We go now then."

TheFluffyDuck
2010-02-27, 06:55 PM
Aud quietly slipped the gold into her pack, then picked up the circlet. Odd little thing, but she supposed that it would be helpful. So she carefully put it on her head, carefully making sure it will stay where it was placed, then picked up her hammer and placed it on her shoulder. "Thank you, sir. Now, if you all are ready, shall we head to the source of the newest attack? I'm itching to get this taken care of."

Mando Knight
2010-02-27, 07:28 PM
Morrigan grins at the pulse of power she senses from the bracers, and slips them onto her arms. "Yes, I suppose that would be best."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-28, 04:16 PM
Then let's not sit around and chat. Let's get moving. Glim marches off, not caring whether or not anyone follows him.

Toric
2010-03-01, 07:16 PM
"Indeed, the trail is still quite hot! Worry not, we'll break this case with utmost haste though with perhaps less care than we ought."

As he spins his rhyme, Madran reaches into a large pocket on his orange tunic and pulls out a plain, grey-green traveling cloak, which he ties as he walks out the door.

alchemyprime
2010-03-04, 11:52 AM
***CRIME SCENE***

In front of you all is scene that should never enter a city. Three mutilated bodies; a goblin missing an arm, a patchwork with it's chest ripped open, missing both it's hearts, and a gnoll with the nose and legs cut off. The area is surrounded by a yellow ribbon, flashing the word "INVESTIGAtION: STAY AWAY" scrolling through seven different languages.

Perception checks, everyone.

Toric
2010-03-04, 08:25 PM
Madran

The gnome walks under the ribbon without ducking and silently surveys the scene from a standing position.
[roll0]

GreenMuffin
2010-03-04, 09:16 PM
Glim lifts up the ribbon and goes under. one corner of his mouth lifts in amusement at the scene

perception: [roll0]

Mando Knight
2010-03-05, 12:58 AM
Morrigan saunters over, casually scanning the scene while setting her mind to work on inferring clues from the carnage.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

nepphi
2010-03-05, 10:22 AM
Holdn crossed the line as well, crouching low to begin sniffing at the scene, dipping his fingers in places as he looked about and immersed himself in the moment.

Perception [roll0]

alchemyprime
2010-03-08, 03:17 AM
Madran

sees that the bodies were not taken apart by ripping, but by surgical precision, THEN lacerations. However, to determine more, he'd need to make a Heal check or point it out to someone who could make one.

Toric
2010-03-08, 07:15 PM
Madran

The gnome creeps closer to the bodies, his boots collecting a sample of their mixed blood, and uses a wand to inspect some of the injuries and reveal the incisions, wiping it on a rag when he's done. "Now this is an unnerving sight... It seems we have a meticulous beast. First it snips, then tears to hide." He turns to look up at the group. "I don't think it's readying for a feast. Who else would like to have a look? Surely someone could learn more. Though I have good ears and eyes, at the healing arts I am quite poor."

[roll0]

TheFluffyDuck
2010-03-08, 08:28 PM
Aud ducks under the tape and joins Madran by the body, stooping down and looking it over as he pokes and prods. She takes care not to get any of the blood on herself. "That's why you've got a cleric, little gnome," she says, patting his shoulder."So that you don't have to deal with the art of healing."

[roll0]
Heal Check

nepphi
2010-03-08, 08:36 PM
So nothing with my 14? Just checking.

alchemyprime
2010-03-08, 09:03 PM
Mad and Aud
Mad and Aud can see that the marks were made with woodworking tools, but the actual incisions with a scalpel, like healer or battle medic would use. The area around the wound was even disinfected first, as if the person wanted the missing pieces to be perfect.

Holdn

I need you to make a History check. +2 bonus for being a barbaric gnoll.

GreenMuffin
2010-03-09, 08:47 PM
"That's why you've got a cleric, little gnome," she says."So that you don't have to deal with the art of healing."

Alright then, great healer, what do you see?

nepphi
2010-03-09, 09:10 PM
Continuing to sniff and consider the scene, the big gnoll seemed to be mulling something over in his mind.
[roll0]

Toric
2010-03-09, 11:00 PM
"Most interesting. When it comes to bodies I must admit I'm second best, but when it comes to woodcarving it appears I am quite blessed. Somebody took a woodsaw to the skin and bone below. The toothmarks are a giveaway. ...Don't ask me how I know."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-10, 08:23 PM
can someone besides the gnome who talks in riddles tell me what is going on here?

Mando Knight
2010-03-10, 08:53 PM
"Someone used a wood saw on the corpse."

Toric
2010-03-10, 10:44 PM
Madran nods silently at the tiefling, a broad smile on his face. He lifts one finger and plants it firmly on his nose.

GreenMuffin
2010-03-10, 11:17 PM
so, they attacked them with a wood saw? I don't see how that's important.

TheFluffyDuck
2010-03-11, 05:35 AM
"They didn't just use the wood saw," Aud snaps grumpily, shaking herself out of her stunned state. "That's simply what they used to hide what was going on. No, whoever did this had healer training and precisely cut the pieces away from the body. Everything is clean and precise, then they used the woodworking kit to make us think that this was a vicious attack. This is disturbing, to say the least."

Mando Knight
2010-03-11, 09:43 AM
"So the perpetrator wanted to keep the stolen pieces intact."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-11, 09:26 PM
Glim immerses himself deep in thought.

TheFluffyDuck
2010-03-12, 02:21 AM
"I'd say not only intact, but usable. Beyond that, though, I don't know. They could be building a new creature, or they could be using it for spells, rituals, soul stealing. This is simply worse than I thought." Aud stands up, sighing. "I wish I knew what the connection was."

Toric
2010-03-12, 09:08 AM
"Regardless of the motive, we have our first set of leads. We now know what the culprit wants and can guess the tools it needs. Woodsculpting blades, fleshcutting blades, and herbs to stave off rot. A container, possibly extraplanar, to hold the spare limbs it's got. We could start a hunt right now for a carpenter/healer, but before, any ideas on the strength or number of folk we're looking for?"

TheFluffyDuck
2010-03-14, 04:35 PM
Aud shrugs a little bit, wiping her hands off on her pants. "This act itself? It would have been one, perhaps two people, but only one person actually doing the cutting themselves. Something like this, though, it takes too much skill to have several people out there cutting into people like this. My educated guess would be that we've got one person cutting, perhaps a couple of lackeys, and there may be someone pulling our surgeon's strings as well. We won't know until we find them."

nepphi
2010-03-15, 06:02 PM
Having completed his look over the corpse, Holdn looked up at the others.

"Gnolls do this." He pointed to the missing jaw and tongue. "Cannot speak to gods, cannot bear witness against killer. Enemy kills like this, not friend."

Mando Knight
2010-03-17, 01:03 PM
"So they've got a Gnoll on their side, too? And they want to cover their tracks..."

Morgana thinks a bit further into the issue. "They're probably not just black market body sellers. The good ones hide the bodies better, and the bad ones aren't this careful. We're looking at something else, like someone trying to get pieces for their own project."

Toric
2010-03-17, 03:37 PM
"True, true. Unless this gnoll had foes amongst his kin, this was most likely an attempt to silence him. Very well." Madran calmly walks back outside the yellow tape and faces the others. "I believe that we've learned all we can from this gruesome scene, and attained a basic understanding of what these facts may mean. We know that they seek body parts, for what we do not know, but they have a healer, at least one gnoll, and one with carpentry tools. We do not know if they randomly seek vagrants to strike low, or if they hunt methodically. But we know they are not fools. I see two options in front of us to which we can commit. We can look for killers now that we know some descriptions to fit. Or we could retreat to the Black Theater and look at the corpses there, but let's be honest, killers move; the bodies go nowhere."

nepphi
2010-03-17, 07:22 PM
"Too many words. Say what you mean and have done of it."

The gnoll rose, distaste clear in his voice, though not just for the talkative little creature. Clearly the dismemberment had stirred something indignant in the tall outsider.

GreenMuffin
2010-03-17, 10:13 PM
How many gnolls could there be in this city? Let's just cultivate a list of them and look into their files. See who they know and talk to a lot. Glim says, placing a foot on one of the bodies and rolling it back and forth to get a good look. you know, divide and conquer.

TheFluffyDuck
2010-03-19, 04:03 PM
"Well, I'll be heading back to the theater. I'd like to get all the information that we can before we randomly start accusing gnolls who might take offense at such accusations." Aud shouldered her hammer again. "Anyone who wishes to come with me and share that information, perhaps help me with the examination is more than welcome."

Mando Knight
2010-03-19, 04:29 PM
"I'm not trained in the knowledge of body forms, but the thought of angering a gnoll is not one I'd like to savor. I'll go with you, perhaps some trace of magic may be found around the other bodies."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-19, 07:44 PM
Glim rolls his eyes. Well, I'm sorry, but I'd rather cut to the chase. We've narrowed it down enough to look at suspects, so I'm heading over to interrogate some Glim walks off away from the group.

looking around the city, Glim thinks out loud to himself. now... where would I find the records of those currently inhabiting the city? There's gotta be a keeper of records somewhere...
Incabulous, please lead me there

streetwise: [roll0]

Toric
2010-03-19, 08:08 PM
Along the way, the surly blackguard finds himself with a rather substantial shadow. It seems Madran has taken to following him.

GreenMuffin
2010-03-20, 05:22 PM
Glim tuns around to discover the gnome. He sighs. Great, now I can easily think where to go with Mr. Rhyme behind me the entire time.

Toric
2010-03-20, 08:08 PM
In response, the gnome continues walking until he stands beside Glim. He looks up at the man, points at him, and extends an open palm down the path they'd been walking. He then points to himself and makes the motion of sweeping with a broom.

GreenMuffin
2010-03-21, 11:27 AM
Glim sighs Speak your mind, gnome. I have no time for a game of charades

Toric
2010-03-21, 10:27 PM
The gnome lets out an exaspirated sigh. "...You've no patience for any of the arts. Just go about your business. You seem the imposing, dim-witted sort. I will clean up if you get in a spot where a sharp mind is more use than a sword."

nepphi
2010-03-24, 07:07 PM
Wordlessly, Holdn followed Aud along, as he was the resident authority on gnolls.

Mando Knight
2010-03-28, 06:34 PM
Morrigan observes the corpses at the theater, then conjures a magical mark to outline the unusual decay before getting Aud's attention. "Hey, look at this. It isn't normal rot... it looks more like a mold from the Bloodtooth Mountains."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-28, 11:45 PM
Glim takes the gnome by the collar and bends over, nose to nose with him. I may not always understand your riddles, gnome, but I do understand when someones insulting me. I simply don't have the patience or the time to puzzle you out. He lets go of the gnome and turns around. I believe that it is more likely that a gnoll with free will is more likely to murder these people than a slave. Only a free gnoll would have enough say in a group to tell others, or be allowed, to remove certain parts of the body that that gnoll wanted removed. And if it wasn't a group, only a free gnoll would have time to kill and perform surgery. Glim spins on his heal to face the gnome again Is that sharp enough thinking for you?

Toric
2010-03-29, 04:20 PM
To most people, the sight of a half-elf stooping to the level of a gnome would be absurd. To the gnome, in particular, it has quite a different effect. Madran's eyebrows rise halfway up his scalp when the big man confronts him, fixed to their perch as Glim continues talking.

"Is that sharp enough thinking for you?"

Mad finally recovers and straightens his collar, looking up at the blackguard with a thoughtful expression. ".....It seems I misjudged you. Very well, I'll spare you my piety. If we're to talk to gnolls it'll irritate them as much as it does you. Lead on then. If any free gnolls don't wish to talk to you..." He looks Glim's armor and expression over with a smirk as he finishes the thought, "...though I can't imagine why... I'll see what I can learn from them. Also, there is a reason I'm following you; it's simply safer to group together. Something managed to subdue a group of three, including a gnoll. If we find the culprit, better to be two than to be one."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-29, 10:18 PM
Glim, satisfied with the fear of the gnome, merely shrugs at Madran's comment If you insist He walks on to where he can find the records of free gnolls in the city.

GreenMuffin
2010-04-04, 11:10 AM
Intelligence check (sorry)

[roll0]

alchemyprime
2010-04-04, 01:57 PM
Glim is unable to find anything of particular value, unless he really wants to track and interrogate every single gnoll in the city who has either no earrings or earrings and free papers...

Perhaps a History check could improve his search?

GreenMuffin
2010-04-04, 11:50 PM
History

[roll0]

Glim isn't very bright, and thus doesn't have high intelligence

alchemyprime
2010-04-06, 07:02 PM
Glim has no idea. Perhaps Madron has a better chance? That is, if Glim wants to ask him.

GreenMuffin
2010-04-07, 06:05 PM
Glim, after any tries, finally gives up. He slowly, reluctantly, hesitantly, turns towards Madran. do you know where we can find some free gnolls? he asks, wincing

Toric
2010-04-08, 07:36 PM
He finds the gnome sifting through a pile of papers. Madran looks up from his endeavor.

[roll0]

Glim isn't quite sure where Madran got the papers from, but they seem to be in complete disarray, each one containing a flow-chart or table in an apparent attempt to create a more organized method of searching via process of elimination. Judging by the size of the pile, he failed miserably.

Toric
2010-04-09, 12:42 PM
The gnome throws his hands up in the air. "This is... ugh... I don't know where to start at. Clearly neither of us was born to be a bureaucrat." He freezes in his position, his head slowly turning to a crowd nearby. "...But perhaps somebody around us was." Madran stands up straight, removes his cloak, smoothes out some wrinkles on his orange tunic, and disappears into the throng.

[roll0] attempt to locate a census-taker or somebody else who would keep track of the freed versus enslaved gnolls of the city, and [roll1] to explain the situation and convince said person to help.

alchemyprime
2010-04-09, 01:18 PM
A wizard judge-in-training answered the call of Madran, and managed to give you three addresses to aid you in your quest, as well as an address to contact him by.

"Oliver Burrows, gnome wizard representative."

You have three addresses. One is near, one in a slummier area and one in the religious district.

Toric
2010-04-09, 02:59 PM
Madran gives Oliver a final, friendly wave when he rejoins Glim. "Ah, you can always count on the kinship of gnomes. Solidarity in hiding, solidarity in slavery, solidarity in freedom." He offers the papers up to the blackguard with a wink. "The first address isn't far. With any luck, we'll be able to tell the others we've solved this mystery without them."

GreenMuffin
2010-04-09, 05:37 PM
Good Glim says, deciding to forget that he had to ask Madran for help. Let's get going, then.