PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Swordmage items

TheDocter
2010-02-18, 05:19 AM
Hi all,

I am building a low level ensaring swordmage (lvl3) for a new campaign we are starting and I am having trouble finding suitable magic items. At the moment I have picked the +1 aegis blade longsword (lvl3) with a Siberys shard of the mage (also lvl 3) attached, a +1 leather armor of resistance (lvl2). And I bought an amulet of protection.

Although most of these items aren't bad I don't really them (except the weapon). Also I haven't used my lvl 4 items. Does anybody have any ideas for good items?

Thanks alot.

Danger Jim
2010-02-18, 06:36 AM
If you don't already have a wizard, hedge wizard's gloves (which allow you to use prestidigitate and mage hand) can be surprisingly useful. Just so long as you think of clever ways to use them.

Yakk
2010-02-18, 07:27 AM
You have two level 3, one level 2, and one level 1 item.

By my count, you have a small amount of cash left to buy consumables. The shard of the mage is a full price level 3 item.

You are allowed, by default, one level 4, one level 3, one level 2 and enough cash to buy a level 2 item to spend as you choose on magic items and consumables. If you choose to downgrade your level 4 item to a level 3 one, that is your choice!

TheDocter
2010-02-18, 08:18 AM
You are right about the downgrading. I just don't like the idea of it. So I am willing to change any item for something better.

I have seen the hedge wizard's gloves. I'll think about those.

Thanks for the input.