PDA

View Full Version : Vista Internet Security 2010

Kris Strife
2010-02-18, 12:55 PM
So, I've got my own personal, free and legal antivirus, antispyware, firewall and antimalware stuff, and windows pops up trying to sell me their new program, warning me of (among other things) pops ups. The name of the program is the thread title. How do I kill it?

Jack Squat
2010-02-18, 01:05 PM
This may help (http://www.spywareremove.com/removeVistaInternetSecurity2010.html)

Dr.Epic
2010-02-18, 01:10 PM
So, I've got my own personal, free and legal antivirus, antispyware, firewall and antimalware stuff, and windows pops up trying to sell me their new program, warning me of (among other things) pops ups. The name of the program is the thread title. How do I kill it?

That virus *&^%'d up my computer so bad all I get when I turn it on is a blank screen. :smallmad: I have such a vendetta against whoever made that that if I ever find out voodoo is real I would drop out of school and spend decades as an apprentice to a witchdoctor just so I could inflict pain onto the jerk that is responsible for my laptop's current state.:smallfurious:

Telonius
2010-02-18, 01:19 PM
Ad-Aware and HijackThis seem to do wonders for me. Not sure where HijackThis is anymore, last time I had to check was about 5 years ago and the current "official" site looks more than a bit dodgy.

Corlindale
2010-02-18, 03:53 PM
I got that yesterday, extremely annoying. It blocks your browsers (FF and IE - Chrome luckily seemed immune) and prevents certain programs from running. Jack Squat's solution should work - the main thing is to disable the virus to prevent it from blocking your programs (using the reg-fix), there are various ways of removing it after that.

Softae
2017-11-14, 04:36 PM

Try to install MalwareBytes.