PDA

View Full Version : The Warp vs The Nine Hells of Baator.

Volkov
2010-02-18, 06:16 PM
After conquering their entire home universe, the many gods of chaos initiate a cosmology wide invasion of the greyhawk setting. During their attack on all planes, the infinite hordes of chaos simultaneously assault all layers of the nine hells as great, permanent and unclosable warp gates open in all layers, One for each layer. The Daemons have no time limit in reality as they are drawing on the ambient magic of the Great wheel like parasites to stay in it indefinitely. Chaos itself is united.

The question is, will this result in a permanent stalemate for both sides, or will one conquer the other?

Texas_Ben
2010-02-18, 06:29 PM
Blood war get.

Though I give the edge to the Daemons because they combine the endless numbers of the abyssal armies with the convoluted plans (Tzeentch) and martial order (Khorne) which are the hallmarks of the forces of Hell.

Killer Angel
2010-02-23, 05:04 AM
The question is, will this result in a permanent stalemate for both sides, or will one conquer the other?

Isn't this a variant of your thread Warp's Daemons Vs Abyss' Demons? :smalltongue:

Question: with "conquering their entire home universe", you mean they submitted the Imperium, have slain the Tau, the Necrons, the Orks, the Tyranids, etc. etc.? pretty impressive, but you're giving 'em too much credit.
(not counting that "chaos united" don't make sense, at least in my eyes)

Anyway, the Hell is their main effort, but they're attacking also the infinite abyss, the Gehenna, and the Upper Planes? All the Outer Planes? All the greyhawk pantheon good, evil, lawful and chaotic simultaneously? (not counting the material plane, with a bunch of epic casters).
Daemons should lose. Still, if they really conquered all the 40K universe, it will be a fair match.

About "permanent and unclosable warp gates open in all layers, One for each layer". Well, it's totally against the fluff regarding the hells (it should be impossible)... if we admit such a thing, they conquer hell in a matter of a couple of days.

A fair match would be if chaos is united, but must respect rules of Hell in D&D setting; then devils had a chance to resist.

Haven
2010-02-23, 05:46 AM
As far as I can tell, the Warp is getting a huge buff here. I know Planescape a lot better than WH40k, but it seems like their situation is analogous to the devils teaming up with the demons, the yugoloths and various other forces of evil (and/or law?) and then proceeding to topple the Upper Planes and throw the Wheel off its axis.

The Glyphstone
2010-02-23, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately, it's not much of a fight with how much the opening 'conditions' have, indeed, stacked everything in the Warp's favor. Just a weaker, more direct, and a bit more biased version of the other 40K vs. D&D thread.

Falconer
2010-02-24, 11:30 PM
As much as I like 40k, I feel that the premise is a bit unbalanced. If I may, I would like to change the conditions of battle a bit.

Let us say that the Warp has not conquered all of the Warhammer galaxy: more reasonable, perhaps, that, by unknown and utterly contrived circumstances, the Warp and/or Eye of Terror have been cut off from the rest of the galaxy. This leaves them the ability to call upon the full might of their armies (Chaos Space Marines, cultists, the Lost and the Damned, most certainly their demon armies, etc.)

A warp gate opens in each plane of the Greyhawk setting (i.e. one for the Prime Material, one at the top level of Baator, one at the top of the Abyss, etc.), and the forces of Chaos come streaming through.

Since this is happening on D&D turf, we'll measure each warp minion's power by D&D standards. If it were the reverse, it would be D&D that would have to conform to Warhammer rules.

Important premises:

The Warp Powers and all their minions, since they are invading the D&D reality, conform to D&D rules once they enter through the portal. If the Greyhawk inhabitants were to launch a counterattack into the Warp, they'd conform to Warhammer rules.
The inhabitants of Greyhawk, from the lowliest commoner to the most powerful god, do not for any reason attempt utterly disgusting cheese. No Wish loops. No Batman wizards. No Pun-Pun.
Reasonable debate is awesome. Shouting matches are not awesome. Even if you like one side better (frankly, I like the Warp), please try to be impartial and reasonable. Every time a Vs. Thread descends into petty arguing about petty things, the Universe becomes less awesome. Please, think of the Universe.
Other premises may be added as appropriate.

Killer Angel
2010-02-25, 01:28 PM
As much as I like 40k, I feel that the premise is a bit unbalanced. If I may, I would like to change the conditions of battle a bit.

Seems fine to me. Let's see Volkov's opinion.