PDA

View Full Version : Wish abuse. (3.5)

The_JJ
2010-02-18, 06:28 PM
Alright, so this came up in a vs. thread. Say you're the commander of an army of pit fiends, and you wish to use your wishes in the worst way possible.

Your enemy: The Space Marines. All of them.

Go.

craverguy
2010-02-18, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure why I'd want to abuse the Wish spell and risk the wrath of the Literal Genie DM. Not when I have an army of pit fiends working for me anyway.

The_JJ
2010-02-18, 06:36 PM
You're in the WH40k universe. Any sane DM it once had died a sad, lonely death long time ago.

Temotei
2010-02-18, 06:39 PM
Alright, so this came up in a vs. thread. Say you're the commander of an army of pit fiends, and you wish to use your wishes in the worst way possible.

Go.

I win the game.

I just lost the game. Darn.

The_JJ
2010-02-18, 06:43 PM
Yes, but how?

olentu
2010-02-18, 06:45 PM
Yes, but how?

The system if any would be useful just to be sure.

The_JJ
2010-02-18, 06:46 PM
Oh, right. 3.5, I guess, though just about anything is game. (It's for a vs. thread that I got myself dragged into, heaven knows why, so pick and choose, so long as it's internally consistent.)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-18, 06:52 PM
Wish for mor Pit Fiends.

craverguy
2010-02-18, 06:52 PM
Wish for mor Pit Fiends.
And dakka. More dakka.

Vampire D
2010-02-18, 06:53 PM

Go.

Well with an army of pit fiends i dont think that you would have to worry about much of anything. But if your just that determined to be really nasty list of wishes you could use to hinder the army: Wish for their food supply to be infected with a rather nasty contagion or poison; Wish for anything that involves their communications to fail; Wish for their weapons to become flowers or something; Wish to know their locations or for the materials to easily track them down...also what type of setting is this i would like to know what else would be available, and dont forget those tings called life support systems ... yea i dont think they need those.lol

Starscream
2010-02-18, 06:54 PM
Simple. Wish for their hypnotic indoctrination to wear off.

Lamech
2010-02-18, 06:56 PM
"I wish 18 randomly selected space marines that lack any means of preventing this transportation other than their own force of will would be lifted from their current location and be placed at a random location with in ten miles of the center of a the sun on the prime material plane."

Have pit fiends blast this wish off in groups of a few thousand and check to make sure space marines are dying in large numbers. Between every few groups.

For reference

Transport travelers. A wish can lift one creature per caster level from anywhere on any plane and place those creatures anywhere else on any plane regardless of local conditions. An unwilling target gets a Will save to negate the effect, and spell resistance (if any) applies.

Other fun tricks include making intelligent nightmare traps. Also since we don't like the god emperor find a hapless human. Programed amnesia the human into loving the emperor dearly. And hit said human with a few thousand love's pains spells. I don't know much about WH40K but thats got to hurt.

olentu
2010-02-18, 06:57 PM
Oh, right. 3.5, I guess, though just about anything is game. (It's for a vs. thread that I got myself dragged into, heaven knows why, so pick and choose, so long as it's internally consistent.)

Well in 3.5 I recall pit fiends having wish as a spell like ability so presumably the easiest way to abuse wishes is to make magic items for free. Magic items that can cast wish are most desirable. Then one can use their unlimited wishes from the magic items to spam the transport travelers option on the space marines to place them into somewhere deadly until all are dead.

Wish could perhaps be abused more but this seems to work just fine.