PDA

View Full Version : Open-World Adventure I

Shadowcaller
2010-02-18, 06:34 PM
This is a free-form Choose your own Adventure. Basically, There is one character that is controlled by everyone.

Step. 1

Make a character

As this is free form, any character suggestions are fine, but it's my wish as the creator of this to keep the power level low.

Depending on what type of character the players decide to create, I will create a world that it will fit into.

So, how do we create our shared character?
Well, a few things are nessecary such as:

Name
Gender (If any)
Race
Class (relative, it's free-form after all)
Equipment

Then other details can be added as well such as appearance, special skills etc, etc... But one note thought.

The character won't have any back-story.
That will be made up as the game goes along, partly by me and partly by the players.

As the game goes along, there will also be power-ups for the character, once again partly decided by me and the players.
There might also be certain rule-like restrictions to certain abilities, but these rules can be bend if it makes sense at the time, the game is about free-from after all.

Example of such rules can be:

A mage can only use three spells before resting. An ability that can only be used once per day...
As long as it makes free-form sense and not rule sense, it's allowed.

I will try to update the game every 24 hours, sometimes every 48 hours if the situation needs more time for the players to decide upon.

Players will vote what the character should do, but remember that I still can effect the outcome in various ways.

But let's get started, what I need now is:

1. Suggestions for a character

P.S. There is no sign-ups for this, everyone can vote at any time. There are no permanent players. And if there is a tie, I will decide what what wins.

XtheYeti
2010-02-18, 06:39 PM
female, elf, dusk blade.

The Bushranger
2010-02-18, 06:45 PM
Female half-drow ninja/sorceress.

*nods*

Darkcomet
2010-02-18, 06:47 PM
Masculine programming humanoid robot scout/sniper.

happyturtle
2010-02-18, 06:49 PM
George
Large bearded man with a beer belly
Human
Bard
Carries an enchanted drum that compels people to dance

EleventhHour
2010-02-18, 06:52 PM
A female half-dragon elf, with robotic inserts, and some kind of crazy blood disease.

The Bushranger
2010-02-18, 06:58 PM
Name: Dan'yel
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Equipment: Staff, guitar, glasses.

EleventhHour
2010-02-18, 07:05 PM
A half-dragon golem bard, who regales knights with tales of yesteryears, before eating them, and using thier armour to make new clothes. Uses little, except for an overwhemling curiosity of how exactly a dragon had babies with a golem. <.<

Darkcomet
2010-02-18, 07:24 PM
Okay. Going to go into more detail/modification with my original idea.

Name/Designation: XBA-5201 (Short for Experimental Battle Automaton Model 5201)
Race: Humanoid Robot
Class: Scout/Assassin
Equipment: Precision Beam Pistol, Pulse Scattergun (Basically: take a pulse rifle, and make it into a shotgun), presumably anything it can find, but those are starting items and all that)
Important Details: XBA-5201's power core is located in its chest and needs to be recharged periodically at intervals determined by SC. It's a rogue droid and this will be a source of conflict as it becomes harder to find a recharge point. When it 'runs out', the droid is automatically teleported to a home base it has managed to find with a recharge station. This has a delay of several seconds, giving the droid a weakness if it is too careless.
Regarding Obvious Logical Problems: Why would an assassin droid have a power limitation when you'd think such a droid would need power? Because it's for the sake of balance, silly, and it was in the experimental stages when it went rogue.

In unrelated news, I am putting far too much effort into this.

Murska
2010-02-18, 08:41 PM
Female (Robot?) Rockstar - Sonic powers, self-centered, oblivious

UncleWolf
2010-02-19, 02:04 PM
Class: Druid
Equipment: Large two-handed wooden maul with silver embedded in it's head, white dragonscale armor, snow leopard animal companion
Description: 6ft 11inches, tan, long dark brown hair(from the North)
Abilities: Minor healing, speaks with animals.
Personality: Bubbly, a bit aggressive towards people who hit on her because she is self-conscious about her size.

Reinholdt
2010-02-19, 09:44 PM
This:
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/My%20Kitties/mixture.jpg

Name: Sasha
Race: Catgirl zombie robot
Class: Pirate Ninja
Equipment: Robot arm. Eyepatch. Ninja sword.

Might be too powerful for the game though. When looking at her, there's a fifty-fifty chance of either exploding from the awesomeness or being Chuck Norris.

Falgorn
2010-02-20, 06:51 PM
Acually, I want more than a "ARRRGH, I PAWNCH YOU!" character.

http://www.ninchilla.co.uk/gallery/images/goblin.jpg
Name: Torish
Race: Goblin
Class: Engineer
Abilities: An ingenious goblin. On the fly, he is able to create a weak laser-guided sentry turret. This, of course, would require building, about a minute long. Other than that, he is a great shot with his rifle.
Equipment: A Marlin Model 1894, a bag full of gears, cogs, and such. Fragmentation grenades. And a wrench!

Shadowcaller
2010-02-20, 08:25 PM
Step. 2

Vote up a character.

Now everyone will vote for one of the following characters:

Unnamed
female, elf, dusk blade. (Or just duskblade for short)

Dan'yel
Class: Bard
Equipment: Staff, guitar, glasses.

George
Large bearded man with a beer belly
Human
Bard
Carries an enchanted drum that compels people to dance

Half-dragon Golem
A half-dragon golem bard, who regales knights with tales of yesteryears, before eating them, and using thier armour to make new clothes. Uses little, except for an overwhemling curiosity of how exactly a dragon had babies with a golem.

XBA-5201
Race: Humanoid Robot
Class: Scout/Assassin
Equipment: Precision Beam Pistol, Pulse Scattergun (Basically: take a pulse rifle, and make it into a shotgun), presumably anything it can find, but those are starting items and all that)
Important Details: XBA-5201's power core is located in its chest and needs to be recharged periodically at intervals determined by SC. It's a rogue droid and this will be a source of conflict as it becomes harder to find a recharge point. When it 'runs out', the droid is automatically teleported to a home base it has managed to find with a recharge station. This has a delay of several seconds, giving the droid a weakness if it is too careless.
Regarding Obvious Logical Problems: Why would an assassin droid have a power limitation when you'd think such a droid would need power? Because it's for the sake of balance, silly, and it was in the experimental stages when it went rogue.

Female robot bard
Female (Robot?) Rockstar - Sonic powers, self-centered, oblivious

Human druid
Class: Druid
Equipment: Large two-handed wooden maul with silver embedded in it's head, white dragonscale armor, snow leopard animal companion
Description: 6ft 11inches, tan, long dark brown hair(from the North)
Abilities: Minor healing, speaks with animals.
Personality: Bubbly, a bit aggressive towards people who hit on her because she is self-conscious about her size.

Sasha
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/My%20Kitties/mixture.jpg

Name: Sasha
Race: Catgirl zombie robot
Class: Pirate Ninja
Equipment: Robot arm. Eyepatch. Ninja sword.

Torish
http://www.ninchilla.co.uk/gallery/images/goblin.jpg

Race: Goblin
Class: Engineer
Abilities: An ingenious goblin. On the fly, he is able to create a weak laser-guided sentry turret. This, of course, would require building, about a minute long. Other than that, he is a great shot with his rifle.
Equipment: A Marlin Model 1894, a bag full of gears, cogs, and such. Fragmentation grenades. And a wrench!

Darkcomet
2010-02-20, 08:27 PM
I vote for XBA-5201. Obvious reasons are obvious.

billtodamax
2010-02-20, 08:28 PM
Torish.

He has a photo!

happyturtle
2010-02-20, 08:29 PM
Female Robot Bard

*is sad George didn't make it*

SinisterPenguin
2010-02-20, 08:31 PM
It's a toss-up between XBA-5201 and Torish, but I'm gonna have to go with Torish. Because that drawing is pretty kickass.

Falgorn
2010-02-20, 08:41 PM
Did everyone just just Torish cause of his picture?
If so, that's cool!

I vote Torish.

UncleWolf
2010-02-20, 09:52 PM
I say Female Robot Bard. Because of the Obliviousness. :smallbiggrin:

EleventhHour
2010-02-20, 09:54 PM

+1, for sure. Mwah ahahahah!

Murska
2010-02-20, 09:55 PM
Yay for Female Robot Bard. I think it'd be more fun to play.

Nothing to do with the idea being mine, of course. >.>

The Bushranger
2010-02-20, 09:56 PM
Human Druid

Reinholdt
2010-02-21, 12:58 AM
Torn between Female Robot Bard and Torish so...

Torish to even up the tie.

IcemanJRC
2010-02-21, 11:41 AM
I like Torish...

XtheYeti
2010-02-21, 11:45 AM

I will take this one...again!!!!

Gimliggamer
2010-02-21, 03:17 PM
I vote Torish. Mwahahaha! hurrah for ties!

Shadowcaller
2010-02-22, 07:49 PM
Going to keep the voting open for another 12 hours so I can update at a normal time (for me.).

Murska
2010-02-23, 07:29 AM
Hmm. Since the character's pretty high in the voting...

Name:
Unit R174, or as it(strongly) prefers to be called, Rita.

Race:
Robot

Class:
It likes to think it's a bard. It's inhumanly strong and quite fast, however, and being a robot puts a damper on charisma sometimes. No biggie, it can always bash your face in with a guitar.

Equipment:
An electric guitar and a mic, which it can plug into itself and use to create very loud sounds. It can also synthesize a bunch of other instruments. It has a bag with make-up and some parts for repairs.

Personality:
It firmly believes itself a great musician. Completely oblivious to the mood, surroundings and any dangers, it's trying to gather a band and get a gig. Somewhat clumsy, too, it's lucky the guitar is very sturdy. Less lucky that the previous drummer's face wasn't.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-02-23, 07:43 AM
Umm, seconding what Murska said.

Otherwise he'l kill me.

I dun't want to be killed...

Shadowcaller
2010-02-23, 07:58 AM
Well... that was in the last moment.

12 hours additional extension I guess, I really need to come up with a setting now...

happyturtle
2010-02-23, 08:24 AM
Hmm. Since the character's pretty high in the voting...

Name:
Unit R174, or as it(strongly) prefers to be called, Rita.

Race:
Robot

Class:
It likes to think it's a bard. It's inhumanly strong and quite fast, however, and being a robot puts a damper on charisma sometimes. No biggie, it can always bash your face in with a guitar.

Equipment:
An electric guitar and a mic, which it can plug into itself and use to create very loud sounds. It can also synthesize a bunch of other instruments. It has a bag with make-up and some parts for repairs.

Personality:
It firmly believes itself a great musician. Completely oblivious to the mood, surroundings and any dangers, it's trying to gather a band and get a gig. Somewhat clumsy, too, it's lucky the guitar is very sturdy. Less lucky that the previous drummer's face wasn't.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/avatars/R174-2.png

Falgorn
2010-02-23, 05:47 PM
Since my character is also high in the polls, I might as well update him a bit more.

Name:
Torish Car'pull T'unnel

Class:
Along the lines of an engineer, which would be an equivalent of a ranger with an animal companion.
If animal companions had no emotions, and fired bullets. Lots and lots of bullets.

Equipment:
As previously stated, a Marlin Model 1894, his favorite rifle, a bag full of gears, cogs, and such, a whole lotta dynamite, and a wrench.
Oh, and bullets. A lot of bullets.

Personality:
An ingenious, sneaky, deceitful, and zany goblin. Would build a trap for one person, then somehow use that trap to extort all of the buyer's money while he wasn't working.
Y'know, in theory.
Cause he wouldn't do that.
>.>

The Bushranger
2010-02-23, 06:55 PM
Hmmm...

FRB. >_>

Shadowcaller
2010-02-23, 07:20 PM
I'm closing to vote now. I believe the game could start as soon as I'm not busy or sleeping.

*start to ponder setting*

Shadowcaller
2010-02-24, 06:54 PM
Aw, a bit of drama have caused it to be late. I will update tomorrow instead.

Murska
2010-03-03, 10:06 AM
Yes. Tomorrow.

EleventhHour
2010-03-03, 10:46 AM
Tomorrow is a quantity of time that can take anywhere from an hours to sevral weeks, depending on your time zone, the current time, which kind of digital watches you have checked, what month it is, the number of full meals you have had since saying tomorrow, and how many Italians you have recently drowned. Needless to say, this makes the entire concept of a week helplessly confusing.