PDA

View Full Version : Tomb of Taint IC Thread

Pages : [1] 2

penbed400
2010-02-18, 07:06 PM
The bar around you seems as if it was cleaned in a hurry. The bartender looks around at all of the business he is getting right now while also playing with a new gold coin in his hands, obviously happy. An obviously wealthy man sits in the corner drinking with a girl on each arm, he smiles widely and is unmistakably drunk, perhaps happy that he has finally found a group willing to go into the mountain for him. A small group of people are scattered about the bar with some drinking and some not, some having a good time and some not but all the same there is the usual ruckus made when groups of people are together. The tables are round and there are a few empty ones patchmarked throughout the tavern. Women bustle around taking orders, brining drinks and being hit on.

unre9istered
2010-02-18, 07:13 PM
Calgari drinks deep of the ale purchased by his new patron.
"So what can you tell us about what we should expect in this place?" He asks his employer.

penbed400
2010-02-18, 07:21 PM
"I honestly don't know, all of the locals are certainly scared of it but that shouldn't stop big hunking adventurers like you. Of course there are the legends though. Lots of magic, danger, but more importantly treasure. There are these eyes imbedded in the skull of whatever wizard it was that lived there. Those are what I'm interested in legend or not. Get me those and you'll be richly rewarded. Money, buzz... *he shakes his head then smiles* booze."

Ryuuk
2010-02-18, 08:17 PM
Hector

Hector simply nods to himself. "A pair of ruby eyes, very well. They'll be yours when we return then." He'd left his drink mostly untouched, instead trying to fill out the details that their patron seemed to care little for. "Did they ever learn anything from that mad man that turned up?"

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-18, 08:49 PM
Dash-be-Nimble sits on a stool by the bar, seemingly intently focused on his own hands. An hour glass sits on the bar, which he periodically turns over. He repeats the same activity several times: he starts the hourglass, then begins flipping a gold coin between his fingers. He moves almost too fast for the naked eye to track; each sequence of sleight-of-hand gets faster.

After he grows bored of this activity, Dash looks about the bar. To him, the world seemed to move in slow motion. Everyone was sluggishly plodding through life, moving like glaciers down an ancient valley. Dash had been moving at an accelerated rate so long and so regularly that the speed-enhancing magics had finally permanently rubbed off on him. Even when he was not under the effects of a haste spell, he still moved with incredible speed. He walked too fast, ate too fast, talked too fast, slept too fast... Of course, for Dash, he seemed to be moving at normal speed. The result was a slightly skewed view of the world around him.

He only ever felt alive in the chaotic heat of combat, or perhaps when a massive, intricate trap was unleashing death around him. Then the world seemed to move at a proper pace. In between his stints of adventure, though, boredom set in. He couldn't wait to get to the legendary, dangerous tomb. He had a running bet with himself, guessing how quickly he could speed through the place, and return with the riches. He smirked with confidence at the thought...

jojolagger
2010-02-18, 09:16 PM
"Magic and Danger. Basically same old, same old." Said Gobatur, Having suppressed his invisibility for the bar time. "However experience tells me evil wizard means he should have some undead minions, likely still guarding the place."

unre9istered
2010-02-18, 10:08 PM
"If the undead are the worst we run into we'll be lucky considering how twisted the last man to come out of there was." Calgari says thinking about the stories he's heard about the event.
"Of course, that may have been exaggerated."

Watcher
2010-02-18, 10:45 PM
Derek

Derek wanders around the tavern while subtly examining each patron in it. After ensuring no shady character is plotting against him (yet), he claims a corner table and searches the room again, finally spotting Gobatur.

"Hmm... wait, what?"

Derek then shifts his attention to "Dash-be-Nimble", who was flipping objects to pass time. "Right. Yeah, this should be fun. No way this job will be weird or anything like that."

Finally giving all hopes of the group being normal, Derek pulls an arrow out of his quiver and inspects it, only occasionally looking up.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-18, 11:34 PM
Dash sips at a tankard of ale. Suddenly, flying in from an open window, a gorgeous blue, red, and green hummingbird zips into the tavern. It hovers around Dash before landing on his extended index finger. The man and the bird speak in a nonsense language that nobody else can understand (without magical assistance). The bird's voice is high-pitched and squeaky, sometimes reaching ultra-sonic pitches impossible to properly hear.

"Ah, Flip. Back so soon?"
"There weren't any tasty flowers around here."
"'Tis a shame. Take a look around, my sweet. What do you make of these others? The ones to follow me into the ruins?"
"They look slow."
"Everyone's slow compared to me, m'dear. What else do you see?"
"They look... cautious. Dangerous, even. Oh, Dash, do be careful around them."
"I would certainly hope they're dangerous. Dangerous and skilled. They wouldn't be coming along if they didn't have experience under their belts. No need to worry, sweetling. You'll be safe with me. I just hope they can keep up."
"Dash, would you please please please get me something to drink? I'm ever so tired."
"Oh barkeep? Could I trouble you for a bowl of sugar water? My little friend here has a thirst."
Dash scratches the hummingbird's head, ruffling her feathers.

penbed400
2010-02-18, 11:36 PM
"I wouldn't know, supposedly he was dragged back and executed on the spot. Something about being tainted. Stupid superstition if you ask me. As for exaggeration, I've heard that he was quite the sight. Been nearly 25 years since "the gnarled man" came out of there or something like that but the ghost stories are tremendously popular still. I don't know if you'd find any accurate information about it around here."

He scratches an itch on his nose and squeezes the girls next to him a little tighter obviously a little uncomfortable about the topic for some reason. At the same time the bartender will scramble to his feet and say "Right away sir!" and rushes away to get the item and handing it to the adventurer. A smile never leaves his face as he does so.

Watcher
2010-02-19, 12:00 AM
Derek watches calmly. He figures the hummingbird is some familiar and then tracks the barkeep getting the water.

Rolls for the barkeep:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Sense Motive: [roll2]

Not seeing any suspicious behavior, Derek starts to ignore the barkeep, but still occasionally looks up at him from time to time.

Edit: At below:
I see, thanks. One question: Why did my spot on my post get a different result than on yours?

penbed400
2010-02-19, 12:05 AM
Derek watches calmly. He figures the hummingbird is some familiar and then tracks the barkeep getting the water.

Rolls for the barkeep:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Sense Motive: [roll2]

For OdinsWatcher:
The bartender moves into a back room and grabs some water and sprinkles sugar into the bowl. You can't quite hear the sugar hit the water but you can watch it happen. All the while there is a smile on his face.
Bluff: [roll0]
His actions seem completely normal.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-19, 12:22 AM
[roll0] Snarlclaw (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=186616) makes a strength check to break through the doorway (which is probably too small for me)

Some grunting is heard from outside the door and to those who listen closely a sound of shuffling feat. The grunting stops and the door and the frame around it burst open, revealing a very strange sight.

A creature nearly three metres tall stands in the doorway, looking around the room. Large and incredibly muscular, its body is coated in many places with riveted sheets of adamantine plating. It has two mismatching legs, both thick and muscular but both obviously from different species. The left one is covered in brown fur and a hoof and is thicker and more muscular than the right, which has two joints, is lightly covered in red fur and ends in a foot similar to a human's that has spiked toes. Both are covered in patches of adamantine and both make anyone looking at them slightly uneasy.

The torso is covered almost completely in sheets of metal, except for a burnt looking wooden shield with what looks like a bloody hand print on the front of it that is being held to the chest by something unseen. Hanging by its side are two very muscular arms which end in very sharp black claws, which look almost normal compared to the rest of its body. Indeed, the only thing that would make them look out of place on a wild creature is the metal plating, bolted on at various points to protect it.

Two large wings, large and birdlike, sprout from its shoulders. They are coated in glossy black feathers and although very large, they don't look big enough to allow a creature as massive as the one attached to them to fly.

The only part not covered in metal is the creature's head, and anyone looking at it immediately wishes that it was.
The face is, if anything, vaguely like that of a bull. Dull black eyes stare out above a long snout, which is what gives it a bovine feel. Two bull-like horns on the side of its head add to the impression, which is completely ruined by the large third horn in the middle of its head and the chitinous mandibles on either side of its mouth. The points straight out from the forehead and looks nothing like its other two. The jaw of the creature is bigger and more muscular than that of a cow, a feature most likely caused by the massive mandibles, which are similar to those of an umber hulk.

Hello silly humans the creature says in guttural but understandable common. My name is Snarl, and I want to join you in the tomb.

unre9istered
2010-02-19, 12:23 AM
"Sounds like he was tainted with some kind of disease perhaps. Probably could have had a cleric cure him if he could have paid for it. Poor man was a victim of common fear as much as whatever was in that tomb. Shouldn't be a problem for us I should think." Calgari states, with a thoughtful look on his face.

"Well there's something you don't see every day." He says as the creature crashes through the doorway.

Watcher
2010-02-19, 01:00 AM
Derek is startled by the crashing door and falls to the ground. When he gets up and hears Snarl's proposition, Derek sighs and says audibly, "Oh, great. And just when I was beginning to think the party might have been at least remotely normal. Ah well. Nice to meet you, Snarl. I'm Derek." Derek looks for the group's employer, so that he might point Snarl in the right direction.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-19, 01:14 AM
Snarl turns towards Hector. You the leader of this thing?

unre9istered
2010-02-19, 01:21 AM
"We haven't discussed leadership yet. So far we are all just hirelings. I'm not sure how our patron here will feel about paying for the damage you've done to the door, though." Says Calgari, as he stands and walks towards Snarl offering his (protected by a gauntlet) hand. "The bartender seems an affable sort though, I'm sure he won't be too upset."

[OOC: Has our "patron" given us his name?]

Watcher
2010-02-19, 01:30 AM
"...Right. I...never mind." Totally ignored and dejected, Derek decides to just return to his table.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-19, 02:51 AM
(Dangit, now I'm all paranoid)

Dash mutters a few words under his breath and waves his hands casually. For a split-second his eyes turn blue, then return to normal.

(casting Detect Poison on the dish of sugar water)

Dash eyes the bizarre creature calling itself Snarl with some interest. For all its bulk, it seemed awfully slow. Perhaps it was a herald of interesting times to come. Big, stupid things were always useful in dangerous, trap-filled tombs: just point them in the right direction, and let them take all the hits, falls, and poisonings...

Goonthegoof
2010-02-19, 06:37 AM
Too right I'm slow. My adamantine plating counts as heavy armour, -5 armour check penalty and all.

penbed400
2010-02-19, 09:31 AM
The bartender will look shocked and angry suddenly looking at your Patron only to be given a reassuring nod from him. He relaxes and settles back down in his seat rather uncomfortably but not saying a word. He glances up now and again at the giant beast now and again but mostly just mutter under his breath.

[OOC: I don't believe so]

"Well that was quite the ruckus and hopefully the bartender won't be too hurt after I pay for the damages. This may very well be your last night on earth fellas, have fun. I am starting to get drowsy though and wish to return to my bed chambers. Any other questions can be asked in the morning. Jason Goodwell bids goodnight to you all and uhh...try not to mess up the bar too much," He'll say in a joking tone while giving a purposeful look at Snarl and then chuckling as he walks away.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-19, 09:53 AM
So, what are we waiting for?

jojolagger
2010-02-19, 10:40 AM
"Well, Were waiting to determine a party leader or other form of leadership system, Daylight so we don't have to go to the tomb of horrible evil at night, and for the last few items I want for the tomb to show up. The items should be here early tomorrow, as will daylight. That means we have a few hours to sort out leadership and other things." Said Gobatur.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-19, 10:59 AM
Not sure why pretty pixie thinks daylight will matter if we're underground, but Snarl does not mind. Snarl nominates himself for leader.

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

unre9istered
2010-02-19, 11:07 AM
"We should also figure out how we are dividing the spoils. We wouldn't want to start fighting over some shiny trinket while in the terrible tomb after all. I believe the only thing Ser Goodwell wants is the eyes, so the rest is ours. As far as a leader goes, the only decisions I can think of for a leader is "left, right, or straight". If that's the case then anyone is as good as anyone else."

Eldonauran
2010-02-19, 11:35 AM
Sedrick shakes his head slighty, eyeing the damages to the door frame. With a quick mutter, he shifts the spear he carries into his right hand. With a quick command word, the spear shrinks down to the size of a dagger and he easily slips it into the holster at his waist. Another quick glance at the door, Sedrick sems to glide over the floor as he enters the tavern.

"I suppose someone thought the exit a tad too narrow?" Sedrick comments off hand until he spots the origin of the damage, "Oh, I see."

Sedrick mutters to himself and moves towards the bar. He slaps 25gp on the counter and says something about paying for the damages. Sedrick doesn't feel compeled to pay for the damages of course, but due to his background he doesn't like to have undue negative attention focused on him, or near him.

"So, I heard someone mention the undead? Hmmm..." Sedrick says, "I know how to deal with those."

Ryuuk
2010-02-19, 12:21 PM
Hector

Hector simply raises and eybrow at the giants comments. "Really? You ask to join us and then say you´re fit to lead? The only man with any claim to the title just turned in without a care in the world" He nods at Calgari´s view on it. "If he contacted all of us, then I think we all know how to take care of ourselves. We will agree to simply watch each other´s back so we can bring him back his precious red stones and leave with out sanity. Any more we should come naturally, let the heirarchy appear on its own. I think that´s the only method we´ll all be able to agree on."

"Aside from that, we still have to make it to the tomb and daylight makes distances shorter. We´ve got time."

Watcher
2010-02-19, 04:06 PM
Derek walks back to the group, confused. "'Daylight makes distances shorter'? What does that mean? I'd imagine most people prefer to not walk in the sun. Makes time go slower to me, any way. Not that I'm suggesting we start travel several hours from now."

unre9istered
2010-02-19, 04:34 PM
"Closer or further, I'm going to want a night's sleep before we go. Especially after Ser Goodwell's generosity." Calgari says as he finishes off his ale and calls for another.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-19, 06:12 PM
Dash gets up from his stool, the hummingbird hovering by his side.
"Well, it's been a pleasure meeting you all. I'm Dash, in case you missed it. I think I'm going to retire. I'll see you all in the morning. Take your time getting ready. No rush."
He winks, and proceeds to the upper floor, and his room, excited for the next days adventure...

Goonthegoof
2010-02-19, 07:24 PM
Turning towards the batman, snarl speaks and puts down 50gp. Snarl would like a room with a view please.

Edit: Apparently my iPod thinks barman is a misspelling of batman

Watcher
2010-02-19, 07:55 PM
"Oh, great. Third person." Derek sighs, then says, "You know what? I'm just going to...go to my room early today. Truly, this adventure will be more tiring than I expected."

Ryuuk
2010-02-19, 08:07 PM
Hector

"It's easier to travel by day, that's all I meant. Very well, lets meet right here after a night's rest and head out for the tomb..." He finally stands, leaving his drink untouched. He's a man of above average height, unkempt, graying hair and an inquisitive gaze. His clothes are shabby, but he seems confident enough in his actions and words that they mean little. "Ah, and my name is Hector Maldit." He seems rather unconcerned, or at least preoccupied with other thoughts.

Watcher
2010-02-19, 08:17 PM
Derek responds to this, as is expected of him. "Nice to meet you, Hector. I'm Derek." Without further ado, Derek walks to the stairs to wait in his room until morning.

OOC:
Hmm...with a group this weird, maybe this ISN'T expected from him? Whatever. :smallsmile:

Anyway, unless someone/thing interacts with him or his room door or something like an explosion occurs, Derek won't be seen or heard from until morning.

unre9istered
2010-02-19, 10:07 PM
"My name is Calgari. I'll see you all in the morning." Says Calgari, planning on drinking and enjoying the company of the common room until the eleventh bell before turning in. He won't drink much this night but will definitely enjoy the evening.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-19, 10:13 PM
Snarl walks upstairs to his room, probably breaking a couple on his way. He'll be asleep until the hour before dawn.

penbed400
2010-02-19, 11:51 PM
The bartender once so disgruntled at the breaking of his establishment is all grins as he gladly takes the 75 gold from the counter. The barmaids all smile as well knowing that they'll get some form of cut. The rest of the people in the bar are silent but start to talk once more as Snarl goes up the stairs.

Drinks will go out freely to Calgari as the barman makes sure he gets a drink whenever asked for. Other people will bustle around the common room slowly leeking out as they return to their homes. Though comfortable enough to talk they will avoid any of the group still awake in the common room not wanting to be associated with anyone who might be linked to the giant metal monstrosity that nearly tore down an entire wall of the Inn.

The morning is slightly clouded over and the barman still looks happy enough despite the gaping hole still in his bar. Jason Goodwell sits at a table rubbing his temples and drinking from a steaming mug. There are no patrons in the bar as it is too early for drinking and they must have some kind of work to attend to. The smell of breakfast comes from the kitchen, seemingly already available for anyone who may want it. A package addressed to Gobatur will sit by the door, a postman in uniform waits diligently wanting to make sure it goes to the person it was intended for.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-20, 01:06 AM
An hour before dawn Snarl leaves the inn to get some food. A while later he returns, looking full and carefully wiping the blood away from his mouth. He sits outside the inn and waits for the party to leave.

jojolagger
2010-02-20, 01:43 AM
Gobatur Thanks the postman for the delivery and puts on the new gloves he had paid a wizard he had met earlier to make.

Ryuuk
2010-02-20, 01:49 AM
Hector

A brief nap is all that Hector needs for the night. He leaves his room an hour after midnight, measuring his steps so as to not wake any of the patrons. Outside, he looks for someplace quiet, away from any houses or buildings... He eventually decides on a small clearing on the outskirts of town.

First he clears any debris from the ground to have an even surface. No branches, no rocks, just earth. Then he draws a small wooden box from his haversack, opens it, and draws the tools within. A chalice, a knife and set of crystals. He arranges them with the care a priest would would give his alter, and gets to work.

He bows before the angel, his patron and allows her free reign over his mind. "Guide me, my liege, so that you may continue your task through me..."

For the slayer, he bears his own armor and stands tall, in defiance. "Your strength. Grant it to me and you're revenge may be carried out. Otherwise, you'll return to your void, where none will stand at your side..."

Before the starspawn, he shows no weakness, even as his body morphs and changes. "Your mind. If the man they found is any indication, I may meet madness. Throw me into the brink of sanity, so that I may find its face familiar. You desire it, I know..."

Finally, in the huntresses presence, he follows her around the circle, keeping their gazes locked. "Your purity. I don't pretend to be like you, but you'll come with me regardless. Who knows, you may save a life... If not, at least your presence will be felt within the confines of a box..."

The ceremonies take only a few minutes, and once done, he returns to his room to recover from drain of blood. It's was only a minor inconvenience, but there was still time to tend to it. In the mean time, he could get adjusted to his new senses.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-20, 09:20 AM
Don't you have to make charisma checks when you bind?

Ryuuk
2010-02-20, 09:30 AM
I did so in the OOC thread, Hector won them all, so I took a few liberties with the bindings. No back seat driving for the voices today.

Watcher
2010-02-20, 01:26 PM
Derek woke up early when he heard Snarl leave the Inn. He peeked outside to see him leave, got all his equipment, and triple checked for everything he owned. He was ready at about dawn, and went to wait in the common room until they left.

Ryuuk
2010-02-20, 05:20 PM
Hector

Hector spends the early hours before dawn in his room, applying fresh bandages to his palms. A small part of him, the one that cared of trivial things, was glad they he always wore his gauntlets, he'd lost count of the scars. They looked like a tangled spiderweb. He keeps track of the others while he's at this, and is surprised to find that most of them were entirely rational, a few where even particularly insightful. To risk life and limb for a few pieces of gold and to satisfy a man's greed. Circumstances... that has to be it.

When he comes down at dawn. He clatters with each step, as he has already donned his armor and equipment. A sleek full plate with an angelic motif barely visible under years of grime and use, an ancient, if well made, morning-star hanging from his waist, and matching, faceless helmet at, carried for now at his side rather than worn.

"Morning Jason, Derek... Snarl is waiting outside it seems? How prudent." He takes a sit along with them, while the others arrive. "Jason, how many days of travel should we expect?"

jojolagger
2010-02-20, 06:43 PM
"I'd guess one or less. Why else would we be meeting out here in the middle of nowhere?" Said Gobatur. "Hopefully everyone will wake up soon, the earlier we leave, the earlier we get there, the earlier we get back." He continued.

Watcher
2010-02-20, 06:54 PM
Derek, having missed his opportunity to say good morning to Hector, tries to cover it up by staying in the conversation.
"I hope it's that simple. Tombs always have some kind of unnecessary series of traps and things to fight. And knowing the rumors about it..."

Goonthegoof
2010-02-20, 07:01 PM
Are the smelly ones ready yet? Snarlclaw yells from outside.

jojolagger
2010-02-20, 07:08 PM
"I don't know, are you?" Calls back Gobatur.

Ryuuk
2010-02-20, 07:16 PM
Hector

Hector nods with a smirk, "Good one."

Goonthegoof
2010-02-20, 07:35 PM
Snarlclaw could smell you from the other edge of the forest, it drove the food away!

jojolagger
2010-02-20, 07:48 PM
"I am a being of nature, my scent would attract animals, not scare them off." Retorted Gobatur.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-20, 07:56 PM
In that case Snarlclaw has a fishing rod he'd like to attach you to. Snarl shot back.

jojolagger
2010-02-20, 08:07 PM
"Well, Hector, I think I better hide now. I'll stay close. Holler when we are about to leave or if you need me earlier." Said Gobatur. Then he disappeared. I reactivate invisibility, which also includes my gear, then I stick my heward's handy haversack to the roof with the eternal wand of stick. I then climb inside. As I remain in contact with it the invisibility doesn't turn off for it.

Watcher
2010-02-20, 09:07 PM
"Oh. Party conflicts. Well, at least its normal...?" Derek sighs. "Who's still upstairs?"

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-20, 11:50 PM
Dash languidly strolls outside the gaping hole that used to be the tavern's door, a smug smile on his face. His hummingbird familiar flits around his head, darting this way and that. Dash breaths in deep.
"Ah... What a glorious day. A good day to risk life and limb, I think. I trust everyone had a restful evening?"

Goonthegoof
2010-02-21, 12:59 AM
Snarlclaw sniffs the air. The priest and the one who paid the barman aren't stinking up the area yet, so Snarlclaw assumes they're still asleep.

Ryuuk
2010-02-21, 01:33 AM
Hector

Having followed the argument, Hector just nods, "Will do..." He follows Gobtaur's presence once he hides from sight. When he gets away from even Zceryll's sense, he can't help but look up in surprise. He had to admit it, the 'creature of nature' new how to hide.

He's about to answer Derek's question before the giant beats him. It looked like he really could be useful, even if he would struggle trying to outsmart that hummingbird. "As restful as it could be, given what we're walking into."

penbed400
2010-02-21, 01:35 AM
Jason will shake his head and drift over to the party slightly shaky but will find his balance. "Now, now, everybody lets not get in to too much of a fight here. The others should be down shortly I assume and you are right indeed Gobatur. The tomb is merely a quarter of a days quick march away. Breakfast seems to of been handled by some of you but anything you wish to eat now is on me once again. If you could leave as soon as possible that would be great. I will stay here of course, no need for me to be gallavanting around in a tomb when you are all so willing and able eh?" He chuckles a little to himself. "Any questions before you all head off though?"

Goonthegoof
2010-02-21, 02:01 AM
Hector

Having followed the argument, Hector just nods, "Will do..." He follows Gobtaur's presence once he hides from sight. When he gets away from even Zceryll's sense, he can't help but look up in surprise. He had to admit it, the 'creature of nature' new how to hide.

He's about to answer Derek's question before the giant beats him. It looked like he really could be useful, even if he would struggle trying to outsmart that hummingbird. "As restful as it could be, given what we're walking into."

He did take a large hit to his int from the templates, but he's still about as smart as a normal human

Snarlclaw is bored, all he wants to know is how long it will be until we leave.

Ryuuk
2010-02-21, 10:03 AM
Hector

So is the hummingbird :smallwink: I'm just playing around with the Mindsight (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Mindsight) and telepathy abilities that Zceryll grants. You outsmart it at your 9 vs its 8, its still pretty close.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-21, 11:30 AM
"Only one question, Master Jason. Would you like your rubies presented to you in a nice lacquer box on a velvet pillow, or in a nondescript burlap sack?"
Dash's tone suggests he's half-joking, but it's evident he's completely confident in their mission's success.

penbed400
2010-02-21, 12:19 PM
At Dash's comment Jason will let out a gale of laughter and then suddenly quiet himself as the loud noise disorients him a little bit due to his slight hangover. "Your confidence is quite amusing and you can deliver them in any way shape or form as long as they end up in my hands. Though the lacquer box on a velvet pillow would be a nice touch. I will warn you though this dungeon is by no means some mean feat."

unre9istered
2010-02-21, 05:01 PM
Calgari comes out the door hastily buckling on the last piece of his mithril breastplate.
"My apologies. The night went a bit later than I intended." He says while smiling, showing no signs of feeling unwell despite his statement.

Watcher
2010-02-21, 09:17 PM
"That's okay," says Derek blankly. "It happens to everyone." Derek seems to have no idea what's going on with Calgari, but stays polite and unobtrusive before anyone asks questions.
Derek seems suddenly deep in thought and pulls away from the group and fades into the shadows.
Derek's got invisibility too. Invisibility ring, in fact.

jojolagger
2010-02-21, 09:29 PM
A voice from the roof calls out."I can still hide better than you Derek."
I have see Invisiblity via Invocations.:smalltongue:Gobatur uses the eternal wand of mage hand to lift the pack off the wall and carry him down, following Derek. He remains in the pack with the flap open to look out.

Watcher
2010-02-21, 11:27 PM
No response is heard from Derek back to the ceiling.
Derek gives a thumbs up to the ceiling apathetically. Picking locks and disabling traps has always been his specialty. He stealths to the far corner table, sits down, then folds his arms and puts his head into the hole left by his arms. (It's a headdesk with folded arms.) It appears he escaped from the group just to be alone again. Apparently the whole night wasn't long enough.

Hide w/ movement roll: [roll0]
Move Silently roll: [roll1]
Immobile Hide roll: [roll2]
Gobature automatically succeeds because he is observing him. Derek doesn't know he is doing so.

Derek begins to breathe heavily, but silently.

unre9istered
2010-02-22, 01:27 AM
"So, um is the pixie, I believe his name is Gobatur, coming? I thought I'd be the last one out as late as it is." Calgari asks looking around.

Not going to bother rolling, I can't see either of the invisible people and probably wouldn't be able to even if they weren't invisible.

Ryuuk
2010-02-22, 11:02 AM
Hector

...and I can still tell where you both are. The giant can probably find you through smell too. If he's got as much bite as he has bark, you'd best stay high and out of reach. He sends this message to both of them, but had to admit that the pixie had a good trick. He turns to Calgari. "He's already here, he's just stalking Derek"

"I thought there was one more though, that one that said he could handle undead." He tries to sense his presence, quickly glancing at each mind in reach. "Think he might've backed out?"

Just talking to the invisible through telepathy, keeping track of them through mindsight.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-22, 08:32 PM
We've been waiting ages, Snarl says we go without him.

It's been 3 days since Eldonauran posted and the rest of us have been posting regularly. If we don't want a dead thread we should probably head to the tomb.

jojolagger
2010-02-22, 08:38 PM
"Finally, Something we agree on"
I also vote for heading out now.

Watcher
2010-02-22, 08:41 PM
Derek stands up, wipes his eyes as if he's just slept for a long time, walks back to the group, and deactivats his invisibility when he reaches them.
Derek reappears next to everyone and says, "Err...let's just wait a little while longer. Maybe he's just overslept?" Then, after some thought, he adds, "Well, maybe not..."

I've PM'd Eldonauran about it; maybe he didn't see the link in the recruitment thread. If he doesn't post soon, I'm okay if we just go. He can catch up IC if he comes back.

jojolagger
2010-02-22, 08:49 PM
"Then lets spend that time preemptively dividing the loot. How about we divide the loot evenly after we return here and work out the worth of the magic stuff. IF two people want the same thing and they both have equal amounts of there share left we'll flip a coin to see who gets it, if one has taken more of the loot than the other, the person with less loot so far get's it."

Watcher
2010-02-22, 08:53 PM
"Maybe tiebreakers could be decided by necessity? I mean, right?"

unre9istered
2010-02-22, 10:31 PM
"When we finish we will split equitably. Until then necessity should rule. We should use what we find in whatever manner allows us to best survive." Calgari says evenly.

Count me as another vote for heading out.

penbed400
2010-02-22, 11:41 PM
"Perhaps you are right, I will sit here and wait for him to come down and when he does I will inform him of your leaving and point him in the general direction. As for loot dividing that can be decided on the road now off you go though, I would like my rubies soon. Not that I can't wait but, oh how I wish to have them. I'm very rarely denied something I want for long you see. It should take you but 6 hours of easy marching towards the mountain. The enterance is right here." He will hand you a map of the area with the entrance clearly marked. "There may be secret entrances around, I'm unsure but you can try if you wish. The mountainside is quite barren and I don't know where one would hide." He'll seem undisturbed about the people disappearing as he is used to high amounts of magic around him. He'll motion towards the door. "With that I'll leave you to your task. As for me I think I'm going to sit here and have a few more drinks eh?" He will then sit down at the bar.

The barman will sigh and reach for the last bottle of liqour that is left from the previous nights escapade and pour the man a drink. The barman after doing so will call out, "Ralph, run out to the nearest town and buy a few more kegs and bottles." At this Jason Goodwell will chuckle, apologize and drop a few more gold on the table.

jojolagger
2010-02-23, 12:11 AM
"Ok. Lets get going."

Watcher
2010-02-23, 12:22 AM
"All right. Let's get going. So... do you guys think it's a good idea to search the mountainside for secret entrances before we enter?"

Derek starts to leave the inn.

unre9istered
2010-02-23, 12:43 AM
"Seems like a good idea. Secret entrances are less likely to be trapped or guarded after all." Calgari says, following. As he walks Calgari pulls a fine darkwood walking stick out of his backpack, though he clearly doesn't need it judging by his speed.

Watcher
2010-02-23, 12:49 AM
"Who all can search fairly well?" Derek pulls up his cloak's hood as he walks into the sunlight.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-23, 02:29 AM
Snarlclaw is good at tracking the living, not so good at tracking stone. How many miles away is this entrance?

unre9istered
2010-02-23, 10:02 AM
"I'm not too perceptive myself, but I could summon a small earth elemental to look for tunnels near the surface. I can summon them without limit using the template of power I have prepared for a greater summoning." Calgari offers. "Ser Goodwell said it would be an easy 6 hour march, I suspect we might be able to get there faster than that though."

Goonthegoof
2010-02-24, 02:31 AM
Snarlclaw will go there now, check around the entrance for nasty traps and crawlies and wait for you there.

With that, Snarlclaw turns and lumbers off towards the entrance.

And that's my last post until the rest of the party gets there, unless I'm attacked or find something interesting on the way. Also by 6 hours easy walk I assume you mean 18 miles? (Walking is 3 miles per hour for an average 30' a round humanoid)

jojolagger
2010-02-24, 09:56 AM
"I'll go give him covering fire if needed. You won't need it at the inn."

unre9istered
2010-02-24, 11:15 AM
"I'll run ahead and start searching for other entrances." Calgari says as he moves off at a surprising pace.

At 55' movement Calgari should be able to get there in just over 3 hours. He'll spend the time waiting summoning medium earth elementals to look for tunnels near the surface around the entrance.

Ryuuk
2010-02-24, 03:10 PM
Hector

"Eager aren't they?" Derek watches the three leave. "Perhaps we should all get going then. If we find their mangled corpses, we'll know which turn not to take."

30ft land speed in Heavy armor thanks to Absolute Steel Stance.

Watcher
2010-02-24, 04:03 PM
"Yeah, good idea. Hopefully they'll have made some progress by the time we get there."

30 feet land speed as well; Derek's got the "Quick" Trait.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-24, 04:20 PM
80' fly speed and I can hustle without penalties :smallbiggrin:
I honestly don't understand why people don't take the feathered wings graft more often. 10000gp for twice your land speed as flight.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-24, 07:34 PM
"I don't see what the rush is."

Dash accompanies the slower members of the group, enjoying the morning as he strolls at a leisurely pace.

penbed400
2010-02-25, 12:00 AM
The time passes quickly with each person arriving at the entrance at seperate times varying upon their speeds. All can feel the evil coming from the entrance that is just beyond a small inlet in the mountain with rocks on both sides. The entrance is obvious with runes carved all along an ornate doorway. It smells slightly of must as well as there seems to be only darkness inside of the cave with little light coming from anywhere.

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad241/penbed400/EntranceToT.jpg

For Calgari:
Your earth elementals will break contact and disappear if they enter into the mountain and any searching around the outside of the mountain will not sense any other entrances within the earth but the one obvious entrance. If you are searching around along with your elementals and with Snarlclaw who was there quite a bit before you then I would like a search check please.

For Snarlclaw:
If you're searching when you get there I would like a search check please.:smallredface:

Goonthegoof
2010-02-25, 12:53 AM
[roll0] search

ANYONE TASTY HAPPEN TO BE HANGING AROUND? Snarlclaw roars.

I'm not gonna take 10 or 20 since Snarlclaw isn't that interested in searching around, he's just gonna yell out in case there's anything to kill nearby and then just hang out near the entrance until the others arrive

unre9istered
2010-02-25, 10:52 AM
If the elementals that glide into the mountain never come out then Calgari wouldn't bother searching for long. He was depending on them as he has no particular skill at searching.

Search check: [roll0]

jojolagger
2010-02-25, 07:16 PM
"What are we waiting for? Lets head in."
Search because I get their earlier.
[roll0]:smallbiggrin:
Gobatur will tell the group of anythingwhatever he finds.
Also My internet might get a bit shut down for a bit

Goonthegoof
2010-02-25, 07:20 PM
Snarlclaw walks into the doorway and looks around.

You'd need to be really fast to get there first, I can go 16 mp/h all day :smallbiggrin:

Watcher
2010-02-25, 07:24 PM
OOC:
Have the others moving Land Speed: 30 gotten there yet? Also, that natural 20 might have found something.

jojolagger
2010-02-25, 07:30 PM
I can go 110 moving + flee the scene, as a bonus to this I also get an afterimage from the spell. Also I bet that natural 20 did find something.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-25, 08:25 PM
I'll console myself with the fact that I can go double speed for 24 hours a day :smallbiggrin:

Standing in the doorway, Snarlclaw looks around with his 120' darkvision, listens for anything moving inside the cave and sniffs the air(he has Scent).

Stupid not being able to roll in edited posts :smallmad:

Goonthegoof
2010-02-25, 08:29 PM
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

penbed400
2010-02-25, 11:47 PM
For JoJolagger:
You will find no other entrances besides the obvious one before you as well as there not being any traps around it or the mountain side.

For Snarlclaw:
About 60' down a 10' by 15' passage you will see a pedastle with something on it, the air around smells of musk though you just can't seem to put your scent on it. The smell is an odd one, clean but at the same time it seems dirty.

Watcher
2010-02-26, 01:03 AM
When Derek and the others catch up, Derek departs from the group and joins the search.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]
Will save vs. Illusions: [roll3]

unre9istered
2010-02-26, 02:08 AM
Calgari gives up searching and walks towards the entrance, calling towards his companions, "Now that we're all here shall we follow Snarl in?"

Goonthegoof
2010-02-26, 02:46 AM
Snarlclaw walks up to the pedestal and looks at the object on it.

Ryuuk
2010-02-26, 02:40 PM
Hector

"He's already inside? I see, well, you couldn't find the supposed secret entrance, we're going to have to follow him." Before stepping through the gate, he takes a moment to look over the runes, trying to make out their meaning.

If he finds nothing relevant, he'll put on his helmet and draw his morning star. Then he walks in. "Lets see what drove that man mad."

Knowledge Arcane: [roll0]
if the result is less than 15, he'll use Balam's reroll

Knowledge Arcane: [roll1]

He'll wait until he can use it again to go into the tomp, should take 30 seconds.

unre9istered
2010-02-26, 02:54 PM
As he walks to the entrance Calgari turns to Derek, "Before we go, in if you will allow, I can improve your armor's protection."

If Derek doesn't object Calgari will cast Magic
Vestment on him, improving his armor enhancement to a +3. He will also cast Divine Insight from Spell Compendium (page 70) on himself.

Calgari then heads into the cave, quickly catching up to Hector. "If you will allow, I believe I can enhance the protective abilities of your plate."
Magic Vestment again, if Hector doesn't object. Figure I should get the Hour/Level buffs out of the way now that we're here.

Just noticed Snarlclaw's already got a +3 enhancement to I changed it to Hector.

Watcher
2010-02-26, 04:00 PM
"Oh! Thanks! I hope it's enough..."

Derek mostly follows Hector around until they enter the Tomb.

penbed400
2010-02-26, 04:44 PM
For Derek:
You will find no other entrances besides the one before you as well as no traps around the entrance. The sound is silent except for the noise made by those around you.

For Hector:
The runes are not arcane. They are draconic and say, "Let those who enter here be wary." Your Arcane Knowledge reveals that everything does seem to have the imprint of magic upon it.

OOC:
Please post a will save in the OOC thread for an effect of the Tomb.

Affected characters:
You suddenly fall up onto the ceiling as gravity becomes reversed for you, those around you that seem unaffected are still on the ground but you feel completely natural standing on the ceiling. Take [roll0] of falling damage unless you otherwise negate it.

The walls are smooth and seem well carved into the walls. The room is a perfect circle with only a pedestal at the very center of the room with an arrow pointing towards the entrance you just came from. Four doors line the walls each seem to be made of a very solid iron. Everything seems eerie, a poem written in common is circling the room saying,
“There are four paths from which you choose,
One holds a band for future passage,
Yet life’s essential will be your way,
Woven word lies,
Lest death be shy,
Odds falling are not what your bidden,
Evens on falling a secret is hidden,
The color of a vampire’s day’s sky,
Will aid you on your way to get by,
Dine not with kings but rather should drink,
Blue is what will make you sink,
Green will hold that what is not,
Red holds what is soon to be brought,
Black has of all cups the least,
The secret is under the belly of the beast,
Turn to king’s first advisor,
Dangerous path but one you have sought,
Tread on the path of what’s soon to be brought,
Then go to king’s second,
But beware I am a force to be reckoned.”

Map:

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad241/penbed400/tomboftaint.jpg

Watcher
2010-02-26, 05:11 PM
Derek, after checking the entrance for traps, enters the Tomb's main entrance. He seems to notice the effect, but isn't affected by it. At least, not yet. He then looks around the room and says, "Oh, it's one of these? I think it's one of those rooms where the arrow thingy makes the room turn or something so you can move that direction. Might be wrong."

Goonthegoof
2010-02-26, 09:05 PM
Snarlclaw suddenly starts falling upwards, but his wings unfurl and he uses his ability to fly to slowly ascend to the ceiling(to him it is now the ground). After looking around for a while he grins and flies to the ground, where he is hovering along with his head a foot above what feels like the ceiling to him.

Does the ability to fly prevent falling damage?

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-26, 09:48 PM
Dash is not in the habit of his body doing what he does not will it to, and as he enters the magical field he maintains his feet solidly on the ground. He grins.
"The first of many tricks and traps, I hope? So far I'm not impressed. Well, looks like we get to pick a direction. Anyone feeling anything in particular? I kind of like this door..."
He motions to the door on the left nearest the entrance, the northwestern-most door.

After a moment, he produces a plain wooden staff from his backpack (too large to fit in such a small place, betraying his pack's magical nature), capped with simple iron bands. Holding it in place, he concentrates, and magical energies pulse and swirl around him. When he is finished, he opens a pocket on his belt, and his hummingbird familiar darts inside, disappearing.

Dash puts the staff back, and then removes a short, plain gray metal rod from his pack. A few more nonsense words and hand gestures, and even more magical energies course through his body.

He then removes the greatsword from the scabbard on his back, and gives it a few practice swings. With his sword in hand, his awareness seems to expand, his already super-human reflexes growing that much quicker...

Dash will use his Runestaff of Caution, casting Greater Mage Armor, Familiar Pocket, and Greater Magic Weapon, using his own spell slots. So that's 1 1st level spell, and 2 3rd level spells.
This makes his sword effectively a +3 Warning greatsword, and boosts his AC by 6. His familiar is also safe from harm in an extradimensional hiding place.
He then uses his lesser metamagic rod of Extend to cast an Extended Shield spell and an Extended Bull's Strength spell. That's another 1st level spell, and one 2nd level spell cast.
I'll note these changes on his character sheet. Each spell will last for 14 hours, save for Shield and Bull's Strength, which will last 28 minutes (roughly half an hour).

penbed400
2010-02-27, 12:01 AM
OOC:
Well since you weren't expecting it I wouldn't say it does unless you have Perfect flight. I don't know what kind of flight feathered wings gives you but unless its Perfect I'd say it wouldn't. Especially since its kind of a short distance to fall which means it would take a little bit to react.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-27, 01:41 AM
Snarlclaw walks over and inspects the north west door.

Ok, just checking. Keep in mind in game terms I'm 5' taller than everyone else, so subtract 5' from the amount I fell. Are the doors shut?

Also: Is the door closed?

penbed400
2010-02-27, 01:44 AM
OOC:
Yes all of the doors are shut.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-27, 01:58 AM
Snarclaw flies over to the door and strikes it, trying to break it in. [roll0]

penbed400
2010-02-27, 02:02 AM
As a large crash sounds out throughout the carved out cave the door stands solid and firm with no sign of a dent in it at all, the stone around unharmed as well. It repels you, strong and standing tall despite the shear amount of sorce applied to it.

Goonthegoof
2010-02-27, 02:12 AM
Roaring, snarlclaw starts smashing at the door to try to destroy it. Over and over, he smashes his massive clawed hands into it. For two minutes he thrashes against it, and at the end he drops to the floor and runs to the other end of the room. He then flaps, gaining height, and when he is of equal height to the door he lowers his head to bring his massive horns to bear and charges as fast as he can at the door.

Strength check to break down door: 50 (take 20)

I'm gonna point out the DC to break down a strong iron door is 28, so this door must be made out of some pretty strong stuff.

penbed400
2010-02-27, 03:14 AM
OOC:
Yea I know, there are spells for strengthening objects. So no, I'm not fiat-ing away your ability to break things, I had previously put a few spells up on the doors so that parties can't just beat their way through them all the time. Also try not to take a bunch of actions at once, as it will put the rest of the players behind in time. Two minutes of door pounding is a long time for somebody to react to, even the first initial slam would be enough for someone to react. So slow it down some.

After a large amount of banging, smashing, crunching, grunting and much effort done on the part of the giant beast the iron door breaks off of its hinges revealing the new room. Light floods out from the door, torches line all along the walls illuminating everything. An iron door shimmers with the light around it on the opposite side of the room. The ceiling takes a slight dip making it slightly shorter.

Map:
http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad241/penbed400/tomboftaint1.jpg

Goonthegoof
2010-02-27, 03:36 AM
Snarlclaw looks in and waits for the others to respond before doing anything.

Ok, sorry about that. I took 20 and then remembered that it took 2 minutes and went back and changed it.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-27, 08:25 AM
Dash looks somewhat bemused at Snarl's antics. "Say, goodman Snarl, did you ever try simply using the door handle? We didn't even know if the bloody thing was locked..."

Goonthegoof
2010-02-27, 08:40 AM
In a place like this, many doors have poisons in the handle or traps attached to the door. Much simpler just to break it.

Ryuuk
2010-02-27, 09:36 AM
Hector

As his armor if buffered, Hector nods in improvement. "Thank you, I'll make us if this. If things get feisty, stand by me and I'll return the favor."

Hector feels the something trying to affect him but he resists it. Any curiosity he might have about what he negated is sated when some of the others fly into the ceiling. stepping into the room, he takes a moment to read the poem, blocking out the clanging and bashing.

"You're clawing into the door trying to avoid poison, and if you're worried about traps, who's to say breaking through it wouldn't set it off too?" He notices the ceiling get lower and to door opposite to the broken one shimmer. "Regardless, this place seems to want us to play by its rules... Obey them or break them, both could be end just as badly. We have an open door though, lets take it."

jojolagger
2010-02-27, 04:59 PM
"Well, No trap so far. Get going."

uses wand of mage Armour. I take a ten on the umd (warlock FTW).

Watcher
2010-02-27, 06:18 PM
"I'll search it. I'm sorry if there is one and I miss it..."

unre9istered
2010-02-28, 12:23 AM
Calgari nods to Hector, saying, "We're all in this together after all."
As he enters the room, seeming to not notice the effect, Calgari looks quizzically at Snarlclaw on the ceiling before reading the poem, "Odds and evens... Black will aid us? I think we should write this poem down, it might be nothing or it might give us some clues to what we're up against."

penbed400
2010-02-28, 01:14 AM
For Derek:
You find no traps on the door but upon closer inspection you will notice that the handles where the door had broken clear of the wall will have filled in with a green ooze. This green ooze doesn't drip an looks solid in the wall, it looks like any other part of the wall only...you know....ooze.

Watcher
2010-02-28, 02:54 PM
"Hmm...there's some kind of ooze-y thing here. I dunno what it is. Maybe a grey ooze or some kind of alchemical stuff. Anyone want to take a look?"

jojolagger
2010-02-28, 03:11 PM
"I'll see if it's magic."
I use detect magic warlock ability
Spellcraft check (if needed) [roll0]

penbed400
2010-02-28, 04:25 PM
For Gobatur:
The ooze will radiate strong Transmutation magic.

jojolagger
2010-02-28, 06:17 PM
"Strong Transmutation magic. Maybe it's strengthening the walls?"

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-28, 07:42 PM
Dash taps his foot impatiently, hands on hips, staring at the blob of magic goo with squinty eyes. He spits on the floor, unsure how to proceed.

unre9istered
2010-02-28, 11:34 PM
"Perhaps this ooze is the "Green will hold that what is not," mentioned in the poem. If it is then I suspect this ooze would block incorporeal creatures, which fits the description of "that what is not". Calgari conjectures. If we deem it necessary I could use some divination magic to determine what this is, or if it is safe. Though it may be a waste of a spell...

jojolagger
2010-02-28, 11:49 PM
"Blocking incorporeal creatures seems more abjuration than transmutation, but transmutation would work if it makes the wall block incorporeal creatures instead of blocking them itself. I don't think you need to waste a spell, as it isn't evocation or necromancy. Lets just get going."

Goonthegoof
2010-03-01, 03:24 AM
Snarlclaw goes first, walking down the hallway and probably setting off 100 traps.

jojolagger
2010-03-01, 09:24 AM
Gobatur follows him at 5 ft off the ground, 10 ft back.

unre9istered
2010-03-01, 12:38 PM
Calgari shrugs, and then follows after Gobatur.

Watcher
2010-03-01, 04:40 PM
Derek follows closely after Calgari when he realizes they're moving out.

Ryuuk
2010-03-01, 04:57 PM
Hector

Hector watches as one by one, everyone seems to head into the hall. He stands next to Dash until Snarl is halfway down the path. He shrugs, "Seems safe enough then." and follows.

penbed400
2010-03-01, 06:52 PM
OOC:
Wait I'm confused, which hallway are you going down? Are you entering the glowing room? Each square only counts for 5'. If you guys are talking about the hallway I think you're talking about you just came in from there.

Ryuuk
2010-03-01, 06:54 PM
OOC:

I think we're going down the path that Snarl opened up.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-01, 09:50 PM
Standing in the new room, Snarlclaw decides that what worked once will work twice and makes a strength check to break down the new door.

[roll0]

penbed400
2010-03-01, 10:47 PM
As a large crash sounds out throughout the carved out cave the door stands solid and firm with no sign of a dent in it at all, the stone around unharmed as well. It repels you, strong and standing tall despite the shear amount of force applied to it. At this large noise the fires will swirl around as well forming into a disgusting pool of blood that will occassionally manifest a face in twisted torment. It seethes and boils reeking of brimstone, and extends a gory pseudopod towards you and will menace Snarlclaw from the space to the right of the door.

OOC:
Everyone who is unaffected by negative energy may ignore this but all who aren't and stand within 10' subtract 1 point of damage per round you stay in its area. You may attempt Knowledge: Dungeoneering if you can and want to.

Watcher
2010-03-01, 11:23 PM
"Nice job, Snarl. So how do we pass this?"

jojolagger
2010-03-01, 11:25 PM
"If we have time I could melt the door from afar. It might disable the trap."

Watcher
2010-03-01, 11:57 PM
"We might want to know about it a bit before we try that. It threw Snarl back when he tried to break it down. It might not be a good idea to try an even more violent approach."

Derek says this, but never takes his eyes off the door.

jojolagger
2010-03-02, 12:10 AM
"Maybe we should have snarl break down all the doors in the fist room? The other rooms might give us insights into the riddle."

Watcher
2010-03-02, 12:51 AM
"We can't fix something once its been broken, remember."

Goonthegoof
2010-03-02, 03:46 AM
Snarlclaw will deal with this the same way he dealt with the other door: With his head!

At that, Snarlclaw draws back and charges at the door, repeated battering at it to try to break it.

Take 20, so strength check vs door=50. I only just started, so anyone who wants to can interrupt me before I attacked. Can I take 20 when threatened by damage if I'm immune to it?

Edit: I'm not sure if I am immune. If I'm not, snarlclaw backs out of the room instead of trying to break the door. Is the negative energy a necromancy effect?

unre9istered
2010-03-02, 04:19 PM
While Snarlclaw beats his head on the door, Calgari goes back to the first room and examines the pedestal with the arrow on it.

jojolagger
2010-03-02, 06:50 PM
"Give up on it."

Gobatur will follow Calgari into the main room.
@ Goonthegoof It doesn't matter, incarnate construct drops the warforged immunity to necro.

penbed400
2010-03-02, 08:07 PM
As you attempt to open the door by banging your head on it the blood will bubble up and grow to fill the entire room attempting to attack Snarlclaw in the process. (Reflex Save DC 20 to get out of the room before it overruns you, still get the attack though ) The heat coming from it will be astounding as the negative energy effects continue to pulse out around it, now affecting 10' into the main room.

Attack:

To hit: [roll0]
Damage if hit: [roll1]
Extra fire damage if hit: [roll2]

For Calgari:
It will appear to be a pedastle with an arrow engraved in it, a thin line breaks the top portion from the bottom as it seems to be two seperate pieces. The arrow is plain but seems to point directly out of the tomb towards the opening.

Watcher
2010-03-02, 08:10 PM
Being far from the door, Derek starts running. "Blimeeeey!"

OOC: Who's it affecting? That was kinda ambiguous. Was it people within 10' of the door, or everyone in the room? And does everyone take damage AND roll a saving throw or just one or the other?

unre9istered
2010-03-02, 10:35 PM
With the negative energy aura reaching into the main room, Calgari retreats down the hall towards the exit.
"Does anyone know what that thing is?"

jojolagger
2010-03-02, 10:36 PM
"I know it is Snarl's fault."

penbed400
2010-03-02, 11:31 PM
OOC:

The negative aura is now affecting everything in the torch room as well as extending 10' out of the door of the room. I thought that Snarl was the only one in the room since you had followed 10' behind him, in which case you were by the door, I'm not gonna count a 5' step out of the room as a Reflex DC but stopping mid-charge to get out of the room completely which is what he was doing would require one. So unless I assumed wrong Snarl was the only one in the room so he'll make the only saving throw and take the damage except for the negative aura whose affected area was mentioned previously in this post. Sorry for the lack of clarification. Is it still kinda blurry?

Watcher
2010-03-02, 11:39 PM
Derek keeps running as to keep twenty feet from himself and the effect at all times.

OOC: That's a bit more clear, thanks. I don't speak for everyone, though. I'm just assuming people get it unless they specifically say so, now.

Ryuuk
2010-03-03, 12:09 AM
Hector

"Well damn it!" As the aura expands, Hector only has to feel a slight singe to know he shouldn't be standing there. He retreats along with the others.

OOC: My sheets currentyl in Limbo, the site that hosted it seems to be down. Hopefully it'll just be temporary.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-03, 01:01 AM
"Give up on it."

Gobatur will follow Calgari into the main room.
@ Goonthegoof It doesn't matter, incarnate construct drops the warforged immunity to necro.

I gained it again through juggernaut.

Now, as I said, my actions depend on whether I am taking damage. Is it a necromancy effect or not?

Goonthegoof
2010-03-03, 01:05 AM
Reflex: [roll0]

penbed400
2010-03-03, 01:06 AM
OOC:
No, its just regular negative energy damage, no mention of necromancy.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-03, 03:36 AM
Ok, then Snarlclaw runs away with the others as soon as he starts receiving damage that he can't fight back against.

unre9istered
2010-03-03, 08:24 AM
"Is thing something that can be killed?" Calgari asks.

Is it some kind of ooze? The description mentioned a psudopod. If it looks like something that can be killed then Calgari will cast Deathward on Snarlclaw so he can go kill it.

penbed400
2010-03-03, 06:40 PM
The blood will ooze and bubble as the creatures exit the room. It will stay in the room but seems to be waiting for people to approach it.

OOC:
It does look like a form of ooze though one you've never seen. It's in the same general shape of an ooze except for the occasional face that will appear silently screaming out of it on occassion. Like I mentioned before, further information requires a Knowledge: Dungeoneering check, but you can also go ahead and try Knowledge: Planes at a -10 circumstance for it.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-03, 08:05 PM
Snarl will try Knowledge: Violent Death after Calgari casts deathward on him. I should have line of effect for a charge, yes? If I gathered the situation correctly the bubbly bloody thing is in front of the door that Snarl couldn't break down, filling the room. That correct?

Snarlclaw adjusts his weight, preparing to use his massive frame to destroy the enemy through pure power. As a swift action he enter the Crushing Weight of the Mountain stance.

jojolagger
2010-03-03, 08:09 PM
"I'm ready to open fire on it. Just say the word."
Readying action to fire if told or if an ally charges. init roll (if/when needed) [roll0]

Watcher
2010-03-03, 08:36 PM
Derek pulls out his bow. There's no way he's even going to try going after that with his short swords.

He also reaches into his bag and throws a...
[roll0]
...cat (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/cat.htm) out of the bag to see what the ooze does to it.

penbed400
2010-03-03, 09:11 PM
As the cat flies through the air it cringes from the heat but the momentum is too much and it will immediately burst into flames upon landing in the ooze and disappeares from sight as it sinks in. Flames crackle around where the carcass used to be.

OOC:

Yes that is correct, it filled up the room and now dominates a large portion of it. You do have line of effect for a charge.

unre9istered
2010-03-03, 11:25 PM
After warding Snarlclaw, Calgari begins summoning a water element to assist in the battle.

Should we roll init? Seems like we're headed for a fight.

Ryuuk
2010-03-03, 11:35 PM
Hector

Hector just watches on and stands back as the others deal with the ooze. It caught him by surprise, to say the least. Best to know what they were capable of. The cat was a nice touch.

Just showing I'm still here. I won't do anything mechanical for a few days, until Pifro comes back from its 404 limbo at least. If Initiative is rolled, he'll summon something so I can have access to a set of stats.

penbed400
2010-03-03, 11:40 PM
OOC:

Yea go ahead and roll for initiative everybody.

Initiative: [roll0]

For Calgari:
Roll a caster level check DC [roll1] as you start to feel your dominance over the water elemental being lost.

unre9istered
2010-03-03, 11:52 PM
Crap tried to preview to make sure I didn't screw up the formatting, apparently you can't do that if you roll.

unre9istered
2010-03-03, 11:54 PM
trying again
Init:
1d20=4
Caster Level Check
1d20=14
I'm up way too late apparently...

unre9istered
2010-03-03, 11:55 PM
If it doesn't work this time I'm going to go to bed and try again in the morning...
Init:
[roll0]
Caster Level Check
[roll1]

Watcher
2010-03-04, 12:42 AM
Derek gets ready for a fight.

Initiative: (1d20+7)[16]

Goonthegoof
2010-03-04, 03:50 AM
Unsure exactly how to hurt it, Snarlclaw decides to do it the way he deals with everything else: With his claws.

Snarlclaw roars and charges straight at the weird ooze creature and when he has gathered momentum enough he leaps straight at it
[roll0] jump check.

As he reaches it snarlclaw viciously slashes at it, abandoning all thoughts of defense in an attempt to kill the creature outright.

Using Power Attack -14 attack +14 damage
Shock Trooper +14 damage -14 AC
and Leap Attack -14 AC +28 damage
Snarlclaw makes a full attack with his natural weapons due to Pounce

[roll1] vs AC claw attack [roll2] damage
[roll3] vs AC claw attack [roll4] damage
[roll5] vs AC gore attack [roll6] damage
[roll7] vs AC bite attack [roll8] damage (edit: the bonus damage was supposed to be 35, not 354. Therefore damage is 45 if the attack hits)
[roll9] damage from powerful charge if one of those attacks hits.

More effects possibly to come, depending on if anything hits.

I built this guy around charge attacks, it really paid off don't you think? If this is too strong, say so and he'll get replaced

jojolagger
2010-03-04, 09:33 AM
A beam of energy shoots out and hit's the thing.
Gobatur fires, and is withing 30 ft of it when the shot is fired but not after. Fly-by attack FTW.
[roll0]
[roll1]

penbed400
2010-03-04, 07:11 PM
After the attacks settle and Snarlclaw is done clawing at it there will be one final facial contortion as it screams out in agony. It's body and everything spread everywhere. It will bubble away condensing in upon itself and becoming a blood colored puddle. After Snarlclaw is done clawing at it he will notice the damage done to his now slightly burned hands.

Snarlclaw should take [roll0] of fire damage.

Watcher
2010-03-04, 07:27 PM
"Oh, wow... you killed it. A lot. More than it killed that cat. Wow..." Derek puts his bow back on his back and scratches his neck awkwardly.

jojolagger
2010-03-04, 07:30 PM
"Now that that's over with, let's see what is behind door number 2."

unre9istered
2010-03-04, 08:04 PM
"I think we can avoid that happening again. It looks like the piller with the arrow can be turned; I suspect to aim at the door we want open. Perhaps if we open the door without breaking it these things won't appear. It didn't seem terribly dangerous but the next one could be worse." Calgari says.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-04, 08:04 PM
Snarlclaw walks back out of the room, licking the burns on his hands until they heal.

Ryuuk
2010-03-04, 11:58 PM
Hector

Hector nods he'd been standing in the pack with his arms crossed this whole time. "The there's the poem, it might be some kind of hint. For now though, lets try turning the arrow... This way. This path doesn't have a door, so we might be able to tell what the arrow actually does."

penbed400
2010-03-05, 12:44 AM
The bubbling puddle stretches forth yet again bringing its body high above even Snarl as it pushes against the ceiling. It collapses on top of him swallowing him whole. The blood contorts into another horrific face burning off massive amounts of heat. The puddle then lunges towards Hector but collapses half-way through once again becoming a still puddle, now with an entirely burned carcass laying in it. The corpse is black and looks as if anything of value has been damaged beyond repair. The smell reeks out across the room and the sight is gruesome to behold. DC 13 Fortitude checks or throw up:smallamused:

Goonthegoof
2010-03-05, 01:17 AM
As the rest of the party stands there trying not to be sick, a man wearing gleaming armour walks out of the passage they had entered the tomb in. Tall and thin, he looks like an ordinary if somewhat distinguished human except for a few telling features. His teeth are pointed, his eyes are red and he has two small horns mostly hidden under his neatly combed black hair. He is wearing a well made if rather worn leather jerkin and pants, which are covered in pockets in which various tools, holy symbols and small potions can be seen. Over the jerkin he is wearing an obviously magical breastplate made of mithral, inlaid with several slightly glowing red runes. On his back is a large shield of similar design, and by sheathed at his hip is a very sharp looking longsword. Hanging on his back under the shield is a full looking backpack with what looks like a crowbar sticking out of it.

My apologies for my lateness, gentlemen the man announces to the occupants of the room.

My name is Matrim, and I had some... business to attend to, causing my frankly inexcusable tardiness. After I realised my lateness I hastened to the inn at which we were to meet, but by a stroke of luck I met a nice young man called Sedrick on my way there, who said he was an associate of yours and very kindly directed me here. I can see now he was telling the truth, and I am here to join you in your search.

Watcher
2010-03-05, 01:33 AM
Derek let's Hector (or somebody) handle this. He looks at the wreckage of the strong Snarl. He resists throwing up, and goes to the closest fresh-ish area of the Tomb. He won't go outside the Tomb, though.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-05, 02:42 AM
Matrim sees the burnt body of the flesh and metal monstrosity and tries not to throw up.

I spend an inspiration point on the first save.
[roll0] will
[roll1] fortitude

unre9istered
2010-03-05, 09:05 AM
Calgari nods in greeting to Matrim. "Good to have you. Looks like we could use the help; the traps here appear to be rather viscous."

Goonthegoof
2010-03-05, 09:14 AM
Pun intended?

unre9istered
2010-03-05, 09:38 AM
"Huh?" Says Calgari, not getting it.

Nope, just misspelled it in a way the spellchecker didn't catch. Pretty damn funny though.

Watcher
2010-03-05, 04:01 PM
"You said viscous. Instead of vicious." Derek says this quietly from his little fresh-ish area, then begins to keep to himself again.

It's already been responded to, so let's just keep going with it?

Goonthegoof
2010-03-05, 06:10 PM
Matrim glances around the room, trying to find anything the others may have missed.

[roll0] search

unre9istered
2010-03-06, 01:20 AM
Calgari shrugs and says, "Maybe that got to me more than I thought. Can someone check that pillar for traps before we try moving it. I'd do it myself but wouldn't have any idea what to look for."

It's already been responded to, so let's just keep going with it?
That's why I didn't just edit the spelling.

Watcher
2010-03-06, 02:05 AM
"I'll give it a try."

I know, I just wanted to be sure nobody would get annoyed at me...

penbed400
2010-03-06, 11:31 AM
For Derek and Matrim:

You find no traps on the pedastle as well as the rest of the room after searching it up, down, sideways and in the 5th dimension.

Watcher
2010-03-06, 07:38 PM
"No, I don't see anything. I don't think it's a mechanical trap, at the very least. Dunno what kind of non-trap type thing might happen if we turn it."

jojolagger
2010-03-06, 08:48 PM
"Well, hurry up then. Let's not wait for the grass to grow."

Goonthegoof
2010-03-06, 08:50 PM
So, where to now?

unre9istered
2010-03-07, 12:09 PM
"Keep an eye on the broken door, it might be a good idea to know how this works." Calgari says as he twists the pillar to point at the door Snarlclaw "opened".

penbed400
2010-03-07, 01:07 PM
The scene of the room that was there before starts to blur. Soon there is nothing to see of it but a solid orange from the fire. The blur will fade from orange to gray and slowly cool down. The colors in the room settle to reveal a new room. This one appears to be a blank and dark solid gray room. You can just make out another dias in the center with a bowl on top of it that has a eerie blue glow coming from it as whatever is in it sloshes around but never spilling. There are no visible doors. The ceiling of this room stretches up to what appears to be around 20' high. As this is going on though you will hear a large crash off in the distance and light will stop coming down the tunnel from the outside. As well as the blood puddle and the burning carcass that was in the room will melt down into the ground leaving nothing but a clean floor.

Map:

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad241/penbed400/tomboftaint2.jpg

jojolagger
2010-03-07, 02:22 PM
"It sounds like we might be stuck in the due to a rock fall. I'll check it out and make sure there is enough airflow that we don't run out of air."
Gobatur will check the hallway that leads out of tomb, and will spend some time mining out some air holes if needed. Stone has a hardness of 8, and he deals 7d6+1 damage per round, More with chaining.

penbed400
2010-03-07, 10:39 PM
OOC:
You'll succesfully poke some holes into the wall which allows for their to be more than enough air flooding into the tomb so that it shouldn't be a problem.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-08, 12:41 AM
I walk to H5 and make a [roll0] search check

jojolagger
2010-03-08, 12:56 AM
"I've solved the air problem. Maybe it is the blue from the poem, Blue is what will make you sink."
I'll be at H7 (5 feet above the ground) if anyone needs me

Ryuuk
2010-03-08, 10:06 PM
Hector

At Snarl's death, Hector just turns his head, the newcomer's timing couldn't really be better. "It could be... Given what we've just seen, it might be best to be more careful though." He approaches the center of the room and watches Martim work. "Tell me if you find anything, I'd rather we not take chances anymore."

Once he's done searching, Hector will summon a pseudonatural raven and order it into the pool of liquid. Only he's sure it's 'safe' will he get any closer to the pedestal. As before, he'll try to see if can draw an conclusions from what he can see of the liquid.

Summoned the raven though Zceryll's Summon Alien

Knowledge check:
[roll0]
The type of check and modifier would depend on what's needed.

Also, the poem, for reference:

“There are four paths from which you choose,
One holds a band for future passage,
Yet life’s essential will be your way,
Woven word lies,
Lest death be shy,
Odds falling are not what your bidden,
Evens on falling a secret is hidden,
The color of a vampire’s day’s sky,
Will aid you on your way to get by,
Dine not with kings but rather should drink,
Blue is what will make you sink,
Green will hold that what is not,
Red holds what is soon to be brought,
Black has of all cups the least,
The secret is under the belly of the beast,
Turn to king’s first advisor,
But beware I am a force to be reckoned.”

penbed400
2010-03-08, 10:33 PM
Hector:
As you summon your raven you feel as if something is pulling your power away from it. Make a DC [roll0] to keep control over it.

Matrim:
You will see a bowl resting upon the pedastle with blue glowing water sloshing around all around the edge of the bowl. At the very bottom of the bowl you see a ring sitting perfectly still almost invitingly.

Ryuuk
2010-03-08, 10:38 PM
Hector

Will save [roll0]

Sorry, the modifier should be +14 for a Caster level check. Eitherway, it fails.

penbed400
2010-03-08, 11:21 PM
The raven that appears will suddenly become hostile, circling around and diving at Hector attempting to hurt him.

Attack:

With the true strike ability activated:
To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Haha max damage...no you don't heal for 3 points :smallwink:

jojolagger
2010-03-08, 11:28 PM
Gobatur Fires at the bird.
attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Init (if needed) [roll2]

Watcher
2010-03-08, 11:49 PM
Derek attacks as well.

Attacks: [roll0], [roll1], Off hand: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3], [roll4], Off hand: [roll5]
Initiative: [roll6]

Sneak Attacks (if applicable): [roll7], [roll8], Off hand: [roll9]

Watcher
2010-03-08, 11:51 PM
Roll to confirm critical hit: [roll0]

unre9istered
2010-03-08, 11:54 PM
Calgari just watches until the feathers hit the ground, "Hmm, I noticed something trying to take control of my elemental earlier but it didn't seem powerful enough to do so. I'm sorry, I should have said something."

penbed400
2010-03-09, 12:23 AM
The bird does indeed fall to the ground dead.

Ryuuk
2010-03-09, 06:32 AM
Hector

Hector had concentrated for a moment, his palm open. Slowly, strange strings of flesh seems to crawl from under his gauntlet, melding together into a grotesque mockery of a raven. He was all routine until then, when he felt the link he had with the creature vanish. The tiny bird cawed in anger and flew at him, talons and beak spread. It left a small scratch on his cheek before he was able to scare it away and it was promptly struck down.

Once the ruckus is done with, Hector runs over the scratch with his thumb, catching a tiny red dot. "Perhaps you should have. It doesn't matter now though." He licks the red dot off his gauntlet and with a swift motion kicks the bird's body against into the chamber's wall. "Now we know... we all know, just how much control this place wants over what's inside it. It at least served a purpose."

"Anything in the pedestal Martim?"

I think in general terms, I take at least 1 damage, even when the roll result is in negatives.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-10, 01:08 AM
I didn't find anything, but that doesn't mean that there is nothing to find.

Ryuuk
2010-03-11, 12:37 PM
Hector

"Well, lets try to find it then." Hector steps up to the pedestal and tries to pick up the bowel. "Blue is what will make you sink, right?"

If nothing seems to happen, then he'll dip a finger into the bowl. In his head, he prays for Balam to watch over him, given Snarl's fate.

penbed400
2010-03-11, 09:00 PM
Upon stepping up to the pedastle Hector will notice a ring at the bottom of the bowl sitting comfortably at the bottom despite the uncalm liquid that splashes around. As the bowl is picked up it will lift easily but empty, all of the liquid gone, the ring gone, the glow vanishing leaving the room completely dark.

Watcher
2010-03-11, 09:59 PM
"Ack! Dark now. Anyone got a torch?" Derek fumbles through his backpack to see if he has one.

jojolagger
2010-03-11, 10:04 PM
As a light begins to shine from just south of the alter, you hear Gobutar say, "I've got it."
This would be the rock with continual flame on it. Light travels 20'. As the backpack is invisible the light can shine out.

penbed400
2010-03-13, 12:37 PM
The room lights up from the light coming from Gobatur's pack. The room becomes illuminated revealing exactly what it had been before only that now the bowl was empty and in Hector's hands.

Watcher
2010-03-13, 03:58 PM
"Thanks for the light, but wh--" Derek spots Hector holding the bowl. "What did you do?!"

Ryuuk
2010-03-13, 04:03 PM
Hector

Hector hadn't moved since the lights went out. He just looked at the object in his hands with a puzzled look. "I lifted the bowl... Odd, its empty now. I wonder..." He'll put the bowl back on the pedestal.

OOC:
If the ring and the water are back, I think I'll probably try to reach for it.

penbed400
2010-03-13, 04:13 PM
As the bowl is placed back down onto the pedastle it will fill once again with sloshing liquid and the ring will reappear. Upon reaching into the bowl the water will suddenly calm and when the ring is touched it will lurch onto your hand holding it in place as you attempt to pull out the ring. The bowl is locked onto the pedastle now. Attempts to remove your hand with the ring will cause no movement at all. Your hand now frozen into the water.

Watcher
2010-03-13, 06:46 PM
"Wait- what are you--" Derek bites his lip as Hector reaches into the bowl and gets stuck.

Ryuuk
2010-03-13, 07:04 PM
Hector

Hector can't help but laugh. "Alright, I'll admit it, this wasn't the brightest idea. Had the damn bird not turned I'd have called it over to do this for me." He tries, probably fruitlessly, to get his hand out. "There's a ring in the bowl, the ring and the liquid vanished, along with the light, when I took it off the pedestal. Given all the clues, I thought it might be prudent to pick it up."

"The liquid seems to have frozen... Any ideas? I'd prefer it if we can keep the hand whole."

Watcher
2010-03-13, 07:22 PM
"Have you tried letting go of the ring?"

Ryuuk
2010-03-13, 07:25 PM
Hector

"The ring's latched onto my hand, and with the liquid frozen, I can't move my hand to get rid of it."

OOC:
At least, that's how I understood it.

penbed400
2010-03-13, 07:35 PM
OOC:
Letting go of the ring will allow you to remove your hand. Sorry, I need to be a little more descriptive :-/. The water isn't frozen, its just as if the water has frozen over to keep your hand from leaving, you can still move your hand, it just won't come out of the water.

Ryuuk
2010-03-13, 07:40 PM
Hector

"Ah, wait, nevermind." After fidgeting for a second, he frees his hand from the bowl. "The ring was just stuck to my gauntlet."

"Still, there must be some point to the ring..."

Watcher
2010-03-13, 08:18 PM
"Maybe it's a raccoon trap? To starve people who are too stupid or greedy to let go of the ring when you are faced with death? Hehe... Well, we could try pulling it out without our hands, maybe."

jojolagger
2010-03-13, 08:54 PM
"I believe that's my cue. I should have it out in a moment."
eternal wand of mage hand. I'll lift it 5 feet out at most for now, to see what happens.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-14, 12:59 AM
If anybody here has some expendable minions, we could possibly have one of them try to splash the water out or drink it? Matrim suggests.

Watcher
2010-03-14, 01:19 AM
"That's a horrible thing to say! But...I do have a Bag of Tricks. Based on what happened with Hector's raven, I don't know if they would go crazy."

penbed400
2010-03-14, 02:08 AM
The ring will levitate out of the water as the five pounds of pressure exert it out of the water. It hovers slightly in the air as the spell continues.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-14, 08:26 AM
Suggestion two: Someone make one of the previously mentioned minions put on that ring.

jojolagger
2010-03-14, 09:47 AM
"No, now we get it out of this room and turn the arrow back."
Ring moves to be hovering over the pedestal. unless something stops it.

Watcher
2010-03-14, 10:12 AM
Derek takes a big, uncut (but barkless) stick from his backpack and attempts to bat the ring away like someone would hit a baseball, only steadier and carefully.

penbed400
2010-03-14, 01:59 PM
The ring, having more force applied to it, will go off in the direction it was hit, nothing stopping it from moving as it starts to float above the ground about 5 feet (if the mage hand is still applying up pressure to it).

jojolagger
2010-03-14, 04:07 PM
"What was that? I can move it horizontally you know."
mage hand would still be in effect. I'll be moving the ring to the peestal in the center room now.

Watcher
2010-03-14, 08:08 PM
"Well pssh. You could have said so. I'm pretty sure the point of all this is to NOT let it drop back into the water. It's probably even safe to let it drop to the floor. Buuut...I guess you've got this handled, then?" Derek puts his stick back into his backpack and sulks in the corner again.

Ryuuk
2010-03-14, 08:14 PM
Hector

Hector shrugs "At least you didn't get your hand stuck. Regardless, the rings out and it must have some meaning. Can anyone see if its enchanted?"

unre9istered
2010-03-14, 10:54 PM
"I've got it." Calgari says as he begins to cast.
OOC:
Cast detect magic. If it's magical and we're using the Rules Compendium identification rules then I'll use my Divine Insight to add 14 to my spellcraft check and hopefully ID it. The DC in the rules compendium is 25+1/2 the item’s caster level (10 higher than needed for the school).
[roll0] That's good for a caster level 22 item if we're using those rules. If we are I'll cast my other instance of that spell for the day.

penbed400
2010-03-16, 04:16 PM
For Calgari:

The ring looks like it can supress the gravity effect that was put on people earlier. Other than that it has no other magical properties.

unre9istered
2010-03-16, 05:29 PM
"Heh, well none of us will need this. It suppresses the anti-gravity." Calgari says.

jojolagger
2010-03-18, 11:16 PM
"Well, Blue makes you sink. Someone pocket the ring so we can head back into the main room and turn the arrow again."

Ryuuk
2010-03-19, 08:30 AM
Hector

Hector steps up to the floating ring and draws his hand around it. After a moment's hesitation, he takes it. "I'll take care of it for now then. Lets see what the other rooms may bring." He'll head to the central room.

Watcher
2010-03-21, 12:20 PM
Derek follows at a distance, remembering what happened with Snarl.

jojolagger
2010-03-23, 08:34 PM
"Ok, you people have 10 seconds to get out of that room before I turn the arrow and trap you in their with nothing to breath."

No one has posted in ~2 days so I assume the "If the person before you hasn't posted in...24 hours? Then you may post." clause applies.

unre9istered
2010-03-23, 10:32 PM
I assumed Cagari had followed without comment as there was nothing else to do in that room.

penbed400
2010-03-24, 11:27 PM
Jojolagger as NPC to continue the story:

Alright then, now that we're all here in the center room, with the ring or whatever it is, somebody twist that arrow and lets watch the rooms change again so we can hurry up along here. Derek you do it, you're the rogue.

Watcher
2010-03-25, 05:42 AM
"What? Ugh, fine. If I must." Derek slowly walks up to the arrow and attempts to shift the arrow just one more position clockwise. He moves it slowly the entire time, and backs away when it points toward the next door.

Ryuuk
2010-03-25, 08:33 PM
Hector

"Easy there Gob, lets just take this death trap one step at a time." While Derek turns the arrow, Hector looks the ring over in his hand. Shrugging, he puts it on.

penbed400
2010-03-28, 01:09 AM
The scene of the room that was there before starts to blur. Soon there is nothing to see of it but the grayness with a sligt tinge of blue. The room quickly halts though, and the new scene is quite the contrast. Light floods out of an extravagant room filled with lit candle bras, elegant draperies strewn across the walls with beautiful paintings adorning the walls, some of still life fruit, some of warm and comfortable rooms with smiling families in them. There is a rug on the floor that seems to be intricately patterned as well. People also crowd the room, the smell of expensive perfumes and colognes permeate the air around you. These people not only smell of expense but look it as well. Many seeming to be nobles and others kings and queens. Noise abounds them as they all talk around a large clock stationed in the center of the room. The sound of the clock is chiming high above their clamor, its elegant length stretching far above their heads almost to the top of the high ceilings, its hands just reaching 11:50

unre9istered
2010-03-28, 01:50 AM
Calgari

"Dine not with kings but rather should drink...
...Turn to king’s first advisor,
But beware I am a force to be reckoned.?

I wonder if these will be the right verses for this room? I guess we shouldn't eat anything." Calgari says trying to puzzle out the meaning of the poem again.