PDA

View Full Version : d20 Modern Gestalt and Lycanthropy Question

Horik
2010-02-18, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone, I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to out in the wild world of the internet.

I'm running a d20 modern solo campaign for my husband. We decided to make it a gestalt game, because he wanted to be a caster and the gestalt rules help round out his character, since he's always running around solo. (yes, the rules are for 3.5, but we just mashed 'em in for d20 modern)

That being said, I'm prepping for an upcoming mission, and there will be were-creatures (I haven't decided if they are were-wolves or were-rats or something else yet). I'm not sure if he will contract lycanthropy or not, but I want to be prepared if that is the case.

So, my question is this: How does one add were-levels to a gestalt character?

Initially, I came to the conclusion that the level-adjustment and the animal HD would just take up different tiers of his gestalt character, so that his next level would be were/level adjustment, instead of technomage/fast or whatever.

But the werewolf is cr+2 and 2hd of wolf, but the wererat is cr+2 and 1hd or rat. If I go the rat route, it seems like he gets screwed out of a level.

I guess I could allow that second level to be level adjustment/his choice, but I don't feel like he should gain a level of technomage just because he contracted lycanthropy.

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

Horik
2010-02-22, 12:12 PM
Would still love it if someone could poke their head in here and give me some advice.

Point me in the right direction?

raitalin
2010-02-22, 04:34 PM
I'd ignore the Racial HD and apply the LA to one side of the gestalt. i.e. he would end up a Strong 3/Werewolf 2//Smart 5.