PDA

View Full Version : [Fantasy Craft] Starting a new game of Intrigue please help!?

Thames
2010-02-19, 02:33 AM
Hey guys I got my copies of Fantasy Craft in after ages of waiting and wish to start a new game using them. My friend who is currently the only confirmed player (uni and all that is starting so schedules are tight) wishes to play a game focused on Intrigue as a player; he is going to be a noble. The game is set in the Forgotten Realms pre-plague. But I'm not that good at intrigue games...

So my questions are:
What are things to look out for when you use this system (common mistakes)?
Where is a good place to set this (I'm thinking Cormyr or Tethyr but a noble of a City state of the north could be interesting)?
Is there any incompatibility between Fantasy craft and FR?
How influential are the fireknives portrayed in and out of Cormyr?

He said that he was going to be roguey and has shown a like for the fireknives in the past would it be fair to have the opening plot of the game be an initiation?
He has also said that he doesn't want magic to overshadow him (it never has but he is a latent powergamer who sees what great stuff you can do with magic and is loath to remove the option from himself, he is removing the option as a RP decision so good on him), so I was thinking how would a noble in Amn work considering the war going on there?