PDA

View Full Version : Awesome sleep talking

Coplantor
2010-02-19, 06:41 AM
Today I had a very funny\intresting experience on my way to my job.
On very rare occasions, I sleep talk, it happens when I'm rather uncomfortable and again, almost never.
I take the bus to go from my house to where, I work, the trip ussually goes for one hour so I use that time to sleep a bit more, I either wake up alone or by the cellphone's alarm.
Anyway, I fell asleep when the bus was rather empty (it's ussually quite full when I get down, as people get in, so a lot has to travel standing).

I cant remember what was I dreaming of, but I remember it beign something vivid, but I do remember waking up while saying "Cthulhu Fhtagn".
I look around, there where people stading yet the seat by my side was empty.

I wonder, WHAT THE HELL WAS I TALKING ABOUT?

Have you ever had a creepy, intresting, funny or any kind of sleep talking situation you want to share? Cool! If not, well, meh...

_Zoot_
2010-02-19, 07:16 AM
Well, according to my brother, I once started yelling orders in my sleep....

That most have been really weird for the others in the cabin, to have me start yelling in the middle of the night......

SoD
2010-02-19, 07:58 AM
In the middle of the night, at a friends place, we just hear one guy say "sausages..."

SilverSheriff
2010-02-19, 08:20 AM
Apparently I yell and scream in my sleep.:smallfrown:

Coplantor
2010-02-19, 08:22 AM
My brother speaks a lot while sleeping,and most likely than not, he curses, and a lot.

Deth Muncher
2010-02-19, 08:27 AM
Apparently, I mentioned the name of my college, apple cider and depression the last time anyone heard me sleeptalking.

wxdruid
2010-02-19, 09:11 AM
My father has been known to talk in German in his sleep. German is his second language.

I've caught catlover talking in her sleep, it's usually disconnected words. I talk in my sleep, but I'm not awake to hear it of course.

Once I asked my sister (in my sleep) for a flashlight. She handed me several different objects, one of which was a flashlight. I rejected them all in favor of a shoe.

ScottishDragon
2010-02-19, 09:56 AM
funny things iv'e heard ppl say in their sleeep

.........but i wanted the chocolate one.......
.........no mom!not the pickle!.........
..........fly tellletubby!fly!!...........

Helanna
2010-02-19, 10:09 AM
Well, it occurred while I was sleepwalking, but . . .

Apparently one time my mom was confused to see me downstairs in the middle of the night. When she asked what I was doing, I responded that we needed to hurry and defend the castle walls, because they were coming.

I woke up about then, really confused, with my parents laughing at me, and they wouldn't tell me why . . .

I also apparently went downstairs one night in order to tell my mom that the blanket was in the box, at which point I went back to bed without ever waking up.

Fostire
2010-02-19, 05:11 PM
I rarely talk in my sleep. The one time I was told I was talking it was just incoherent cursing.

My brother on the other hand is quite chatty while sleeping, I've even had full conversations with him before I realized he was asleep the whole time (said realization comes when he says something that makes no sense whatsoever)

RandomNPC
2010-02-19, 06:21 PM
Apparently one night I sat up like I was startled awake, and this woke my wife. I turned to her and told her that "apparently those acorns have good blast radiuses." and promptly went back to laying down. I remember dreaming about squirrels that night.

Gerrtt
2010-02-19, 06:26 PM
My wife frequently talks in her sleep.

Last night I returned to bed after getting up to read for a bit and when I got in bed she stirred in her sleep and we had this interchange (she's first, then me...etc).

"I've got my one!"

"You're one what? What do you mean?"

"I've got my one!"

"Do you know what you're talking about?"

"...No..."

"OK, go back to bed."

It happens usually once a week that she rolls over and says something. The problem is that I'm a light sleeper, so I think she's trying to tell me something, but it's usually nonsense like that. We have a good laugh in the morning though.

Yarram
2010-02-19, 07:38 PM
This morning, my sister was supposed to wake me up and take me to the airport to pick up our mother. It never happenned as I never woke. This is how the exchange went:

S: "Wakey Wakey Yarram, Rise and shine!"
Y: "Yes. Shine. Because you'll never rise or shine again for the rest of your life."

:smalleek:

Holy crap, my subconscious is brutal. I have no recollection of this exchange whatsoever, but because I said it, she left without me... I must of been dreaming about some nasty, nasty things...

Lucia
2010-02-19, 07:39 PM
Once I woke up in the middle of the night to find a friend of mine who had staid over opening the bedroom door and heading downstairs. I followed her to the kitchen and saw her opening the fridge and saying "come in Pancha (my dog), itīs cold outside". Closed the fridge and went back to bed :smalleek:. Of course she remembered none of this the next day.
According to my neurofisiology book sleeping and dreaming is good for the memory and necesary for proper learning...

littlebottom
2010-02-19, 08:07 PM
well, i must first say, that this thread is made of pure win! and second, i often do this thing where i half wake up in the mornings and go back to sleep without any recolection of these times. but apparently when people have tried to wake me ive had full conversations, generally a bit lazily said but still completely forget them by the time i get up.

another thing i used to do was when the alarm went off, id get up and turn it off and go back to sleep without remembering it at all. it got to the point where i would wake up before the alarm went off and turn it off, just so it wouldnt disturb me... this made me very late quite often :smalltongue::smalleek:

AtomicKitKat
2010-02-19, 08:41 PM
I once woke up screaming "CK YOU!" Yeah, the rest of it happened while I was asleep.:smalltongue:

WarBrute
2010-02-19, 08:49 PM
I joined my cousin and his Guild(Scottish) at a Renaissance one weekend. Apparently on the first night I stood up in the middle of the tent where everyone was sleeping and started speaking in German before running out of the tent to the bathroom.

No one in the group spoke any German, but that's what they said it sounded like. I spent the next day being called the little German boy. (I'm 6 feet tall, but everyone else in the "army" was at least 3 inches taller than me)

I took four years of German in high school so I don't doubt I was speaking German and to this day i wonder what I said.

Firestar27
2010-02-21, 03:36 PM
I also apparently went downstairs one night in order to tell my mom that the blanket was in the box, at which point I went back to bed without ever waking up.
Emphasis added.
How are you typing now?!?! :smalleek:

Asta Kask
2010-02-21, 03:41 PM
Emphasis added.

In his sleep. Duh.

My cat snores - does that count?

Fostire
Emphasis added.
Well if she can walk and talk in her sleep, what's stopping her from typing as well?

Helanna
Emphasis added.

In my sleep, of course. In fact, everything I've ever posted on this forum technically counts as sleep talking! :smalltongue:

Edit: Apparently I had this thread open for longer than I realized, to be ninja'd so much . . .

Also, I can type in my sleep. I've fallen asleep while doing NaNoWriMo before. I woke up with a couple of disjointed sentences . . . not entirely sure why my brain can only come up with plot ideas while I'm UNconscious, but I'll take it . . .

Solaris
2010-02-21, 03:48 PM
Apparently one night I sat up like I was startled awake, and this woke my wife. I turned to her and told her that "apparently those acorns have good blast radiuses." and promptly went back to laying down. I remember dreaming about squirrels that night.

This entertains me significantly more than it should.

Aedilred
2010-02-21, 04:49 PM
I used to talk in my sleep rather more than I presently do (it would appear, anyway) but I don't think I've ever said anything particularly amusing. I was on one occasion talking to myself in Latin while asleep, apparently, but I can see how that happened- I was on the verge of a rather nasty fever, and for the previous two days had been obsessed with the translation of a short Latin passage. My sister once told me that I'd been carrying out a conversation with a Roman centurion (albeit in English on that occasion) so obviously something about Rome sets my sleep-talking off.

It's my girlfriend who seems to do it more now, although as our sleeping hours are more aligned than a year or so ago I don't hear her as much as I used to. The best of her utterances was the firm declaration, "I don't do anything fun, ever." There have also been rather more disturbing occasions where she's thrashed around shouting, "no, I don't want to!", "get off!" and the like.

Groundhog
2010-02-21, 04:53 PM
According to my old roommate, I once sang the llama song in my sleep. I'm not sure whether I believe her or not...

Janus
2010-02-21, 04:59 PM
I was once on a Boy Scout campout, and the guy I was sharing a tent with had a snoring problem. He told me to wake him up if he ever started snoring.

One night, he was snoring and keeping me awake, so I shook him by the arm to try to get him to wake up.
His response?

"No, it's my elbow, you can't have it!!"

The Blackbird
2010-02-21, 06:36 PM
One time when I tried to wake up my brother he muttered, "Kobolds with greatswords hurting themselves."

ForzaFiori
2010-02-21, 07:09 PM
This is amazing. (http://sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com/) Its this girl that records what her husband says and puts it on her blog. There's some weird stuff in there.

I personally haven't talked in my sleep in years, but when I was younger there were some nights that my mom says I talked almost the entire night. I never really said anything though, just nonsense strings of words.

littlebottom
2010-02-21, 08:31 PM
hah, some of those are golden "zzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzz...vampire penguins? zombie ginuie pigs? were done for!..... done for!....zzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Flarowon
2010-02-22, 06:21 PM
...mumblemumbleI'llbeatyoutodeathwithStanthefishmu mblemumble...