PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Torrents

Dr.Epic
2010-02-19, 07:36 AM
So I'm having trouble downloading stuff to my computer using torrents. I'm not sure how they work and maybe someone could explain to me how you go about downloading them.

Coplantor
2010-02-19, 08:17 AM
What problems are you having?
Anyway, steps:

-Get a program to download torrents like uTorrents
-Look for the torrent you want to download and click the "open" option, not the save as. Open it with uTorrent or whatever is the program you are using.
-If you clicked save as, the open the file you downloaded with uTorrent.
-Wait till the files download*
-Profit

*If they dont download maybe there are few or no seeders (people with the file uploading it)

Yarram
2010-02-19, 08:27 AM
You forgot the obligatory, "Only ever download software covered by a free use licence."

On a more serious note, (Not that I wasn't being serious before) I prefer BitTorrent (http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/download/?) as my torrent program, and as sites go for obtaining torrents, try Googling "torrent" and the very first results will probably provide you with the ample downloads you want.
Be wary... When you use a torrent, as you download, you also upload the parts of the torrent you've downloaded to others. If your internets stop werking or get really slow, consider lowing the max upload rate cap.

I probably would use Google for this kind of enquiry in the future, just because of its dodgy and illegal tendencies, which are frowned upon in this forum.

Sneak
2010-02-19, 09:07 AM
If you have a Mac, get Vuze.

TSGames
2010-02-19, 12:14 PM
So I'm having trouble downloading stuff to my computer using torrents. I'm not sure how they work and maybe someone could explain to me how you go about downloading them.

You need to be more specific. Have torrents worked before on your computer? Is it a problem unique to the network you're on?

Otherwise, Bittorrent pretty much runs itself.

Roland St. Jude
2010-02-19, 11:28 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This doesn't really seem like appropriate discussion for this forum. I suppose, in theory, it might be about legal activity, odds are against it, I'd say. And even if it is now, it seems unlikely to stay that way. Thread locked.