PDA

View Full Version : Question on ability damage

Goonthegoof
2010-02-19, 08:59 AM
I've been searching for a while but they all seem to be higher levelled, does anyone know of any low level spells/abilities that cause ability damage to mental stats?

Douglas
2010-02-19, 09:00 AM
Ray of Stupidity, Spell Compendium.

Tyger
2010-02-19, 09:14 AM
Love's Lament, 3rd level Bard spell from the SpC, does 1d6 points of Wisdom damage to all in a 60 foot cone. Plus Nauseates them. :)

Greenish
2010-02-19, 09:23 AM
Love's Lament, 3rd level Bard spell from the SpC, does 1d6 points of Wisdom damage to all in a 60 foot cone. Plus Nauseates them. :)Behold the power of bad poetry.

AslanCross
2010-02-19, 10:48 AM
Power Word Weaken and Power Word Maladroit deal 2 Strength and Dex damage, respectively. The damage wears off after a while depending on how few HP the target has left. If the target has less than 25 HP, it's Drain instead. They're both from Races of the Dragon and are Level 3.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't see your "Mental stats" clause.

If you're ok with Psionics, the level 2 power Ego Whip deals Charisma damage. My party has used it to shut down a dragon's spellcasting.

Tyger
2010-02-19, 11:28 AM
Behold the power of bad poetry.

That's exactly how I envisioned the spell too! :smallcool:

Dimers
2010-02-19, 11:59 AM
I've been searching for a while but they all seem to be higher levelled, does anyone know of any low level spells/abilities that cause ability damage to mental stats?

Er, what about the PHB spells touch of idiocy at 2nd level, bestow curse at 3rd or 4th, and contagion at 3rd or 4th?

More psionics: the larval flayers power is 2nd level and has the potential to damage Int, and mental turmoil is a 3rd-level power that might have the general effect you're looking for without actually causing mental ability damage.

deuxhero
2010-02-19, 12:24 PM
ego whip (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/egoWhip.htm) is a second level power

Vampire D
2010-02-19, 12:29 PM
Touch of fatgue is prettygood, and the old fasion bestoe curse is pretty good becuse you can pick and choose what to do. The other great ones have already been named:

Ray of Stupidity, Spell Compendium.

But if you really want some sick stat. damage at lower lvs I would advise using some cheap posions (page 294 DMG i think). And Posions are especially because you can cheapen the cost of them my taking the craft posion skill, and Drow posion is the cheap. A unconsious enemy is as good as a dead one.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-19, 12:34 PM
Ego Whip, Egoist psionic power. 1d4 Cha damage with augment. Lethal to anything with low Cha or reliant on Cha for save DCs.

jokey665
2010-02-19, 01:40 PM
Ego Whip, Egoist psionic power. 1d4 Cha damage with augment. Lethal to anything with low Cha or reliant on Cha for save DCs.

The best part is that it's save for half, not save for neg.

mcl01
2010-02-19, 02:50 PM
Phantasmal Assailants from SpC.
Two saves - a will disbelief/fort(half).

If they fail the will save, then it's 8 Wis and Dex damage, fort save for half.