PDA

View Full Version : life sense dark staker

awa
2010-02-19, 10:46 AM
life sense works like blind. sense dark stalker means they cant automatically find you with blind sense. does that mean that life sense is also impaired by dark stalker?

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-19, 11:15 AM
Dark Stalker works on anything that functions as Blind Sense, at least from my reading. Life Sense should be a valid option.

Melamoto
2010-02-19, 11:41 AM
I would say that since Darkstalker only stops specific effects, and Lifesense is none of those effects nor is it mentioned to function like those effects, Darkstalker does not stop Lifesense.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-19, 11:48 AM
I would say that since Darkstalker only stops specific effects, and Lifesense is none of those effects nor is it mentioned to function like those effects, Darkstalker does not stop Lifesense.

Lifesense (Su)
A dread wraith notices and locates living creatures within 60 feet, just as if it possessed the blindsight ability. It also senses the strength of their life force automatically, as if it had cast deathwatch.

LoL wut? If Darkstalker didn't work against Blindsense, someone at CO ****ed up.

Crafty Cultist
2010-02-19, 11:58 AM
melamoto is probably thinking of the lifesense feat from libris mortis, which makes living creatures give of light

The Glyphstone
2010-02-19, 12:23 PM
Lifesight would not be foiled by Darkstalker. Lifesense would.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-19, 12:28 PM
Lifesight would not be foiled by Darkstalker. Lifesense would.

Right. And the thread is asking about Lifesense.

hamishspence
2010-02-19, 12:43 PM
There are two Lifesenses.

Lifesense, the supernatural Dread wraith ability, works to spot living creatures "as if it had blindsight"

Lifesense, the Monstrous feat from Libris Mortis, causes all living creatures to (from your point of view) give off illumination.

Darkstalker feat grants the ability to hide from those with blindsense, blindsight, tremorsense, and scent.

But, in theory, since the wraith ability is not blindsight, but only works like it, it could be argued the Darkstalker ability does not work on it, nor on any Sense ability not on that list of four.