PDA

View Full Version : Entering the tavern

Ultimuh
2010-02-19, 12:54 PM
Ahoy fellow adventurers, cartographers and DMs!

So I THINK I'm new to this site.. I have read posts now and then but finally decided to join this merry forums.

Oh and bartender! I'd like to order the finest ale ye have please!

(hmm.. perhaps I should have chose a better 'new guy here' title?)

BRC
2010-02-19, 12:57 PM
Greetings, I'll need to see some ID if you want a drink.

I'll also need to direct you to the Hello, I'm New (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117748&page=39)thread.

I'll also need you to take these mind control vitamin pills. Don't ask why.

Icewalker
2010-02-19, 12:58 PM
You enter the tavern. Laughter, merriment, and the smells of good ale fill the building. To your left you see a table full of raucous newcomers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117748). You opt to take a separate table instead.

... :smallwink:

Ultimuh
2010-02-19, 01:02 PM
Thanks! I'll be heading there right away!

And uh.. sorry if I did a misstake there. :smallbiggrin:

hamishspence
2010-02-19, 01:08 PM
The Munchkin DM's Guide had some funny takes on this:

9: You walk into the bar. Sitting at your table, wearing your clothes, and drinking your beer are, well, you.

10: You see yourselves walk into the bar. You- meaning them- see you- meaning you- sitting at their- meaning your ... let me try this again.

11: You see people who look uncannily like you walk into the bar. They look quite perturbed to see you sitting at their table, wearing their clothes, drinking their beer, and flirting with their girlfriends.

13: You're in the town square, minding your own business, when Baba Yaga's bar walks into you.

And so on.

BisectedBrioche
2010-02-19, 01:11 PM
Greetings newcomer. Be warned that many male and female members will switch back their actual genders on monday(ish).

Pyrian
2010-02-19, 02:37 PM
...Be further warned that many more will not, if past experience is any guide. :smallamused: